The Tutor | 2016 ✓

By BlackMidnights

When she receives yet another ugly grade, her teacher sets her up with a student tutor in her class, who also... More

1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
Epilogue

6

10.8K 333 46
By BlackMidnights

Hi, well, I know it's Thursday but there's a really bad storm passing by and I don't know when I'll have good wifi or any electricity at all so here's an early update! Love you all! #commitment ;)

Chapter 6

|| Everly ||

My chest begins to pang with millions of painless pains of panic. I start wheezing, aching for air, my lungs searching for fresh oxygen. Peightyn turns to look at me, her face concerned as she grabs my hand, rubbing the top of it with her other hand.

"Hey, hey, Ev. It's alright. It's just an ordinary party filled with people you already know. Calm down and let yourself loosen up, kid." Peightyn tells me softly still managing to speak over blasting music I've ignored until now.

Bile crawls up my throat but I gulp it down, grow some and storm into the house alongside Peightyn. She was well aware of my anxiety and she has grown to deal with the fact that I just randomly fall apart. We'll be sitting in Starbucks drinking coffee when I'll break and begin freaking out.

This mental illness I have is so terrible for my heart but I don't care about my health. I care that my anxiety stops me from being young and dumb. I don't attend concerts, festivals or parties for this specific reason. Sometimes, I have panic attacks at the fear of having a panic attack and it just makes it worse.

I just have to get through and live my life anyway. Anxiety can tie my down and beat me up but I won't let it stop me from the life I've always wanted.

All familiar faces flash as a colorful light hits their complexions. I can't name them off of the top of my head but I've seen them around. Guy's chug down whatever they have in their solo cups while girls just wrap themselves around the baseball players and football players.

"C'mon Ev, I'm gunna get a drink." Peightyn says, grabbing a hold of my hand and drags my to a door.

She seems to know exactly where to go and I don't even know who's house I'm in. I think it's Ezra Ferrickson's, the starting catcher of the Varsity Baseball team.

"I'll stick with a non-alcoholic beverage, Peigh."

"Fine with me. Someone needs to drive home." She shrugs then begins rummaging through the fridge soon finding exactly what she wants. "Cups are over there, get some water." She says before taking a sip out of her bottle.

"What about the punch?" I ask. Peightyn snorts, covering the bottoms of her face with her hand as she does.

"Unless you wanna be drugged or some shit, I recommend you stick with H2O." Peightyn laughs before walking out of the kitchen, leaving me there all alone to fend for myself.

I stay extremely self-conscious as I grab a plastic red cup and fill it up with water from a water bottle I found in the fridge. I exit the kitchen, bumping into someone on the way out. Liquid spills all over me.

My blood begins to boil. I'm soaking wet and I just got here. Peightyn's clothes now reek with the strong scent of alcohol, my skin becoming sticky from whatever was in that person's cup. My soft pink shirt now had blotches of dark, hot pink. I look up at the person I ran into to see their tight, white shirt was stained with my water.

"Oh, I'm sorry." I quietly apologize, lowering my face and hiding it with my blonde hair, just allowing it to stray off and fall around me like a waterfall.

"Don't be sorry, Blondie." my head jolts up at the sound of his familiar voice.

When our eyes meet, I immediately pull them away, looking down at my soaked shirt. "Don't worry about your shirt, I've got an extra hoodie in my car." Ryland offers but I shake my head.

"No, It's fine. You help me enough with tutoring and my hand-" I try to escape the conversation but Ryland cuts me off.

"This is my best friend's house, Blondie. I'll just steal one of his shirts."

"It's still fine. I think I'll pass with this." I decline as he starts to laugh. "What?"

"I didn't really ask you, did I? I'm telling you to wear my hoodie. Trust me, you don't wanna roam one a these parties smellin' like Jack."

I roll my eyes. Ryland tells me to follow him so I do. He leads me outside to his car, a beautiful black Ferrari, snags his over-sized grey hoodie then hands it to me. Hesitantly, I take it and throw it over my head. I look down at my body to see that my shorts have disappeared under this gigantic hoodie. On the chest area of the hoodie it says DEVIL in all capital letters but the smallest writing.

"This hoodie is perfect for you." I joke as we both awkwardly laugh at my stupid attempt to be funny and quite frankly, my attempts never seem to work.

"Very funny, Blondie." Ryland comments, crossing his arms over his chest. "If I don't see you the rest of the night, I'll see you tomorrow." He winks at me. "Though, that would be a bummer."

Heat takes over my cheeks leaving a deep blush as he walks back into the house. I follow him but go looking for Peightyn instead. I really didn't want to be here anymore, I wanted to go home.

I swam through crowds of people dancing and making out when I suddenly spotted Peightyn blending in just nicely along with the crowd. Her lips were connected with some random guy's. Her arms hang around his neck as he grips her waist, his fingers looped onto the belt buckle of her shorts.

They were really quite adorable, really, although I don't recall Peightyn every having a boyfriend. After her last "accident", or so she claims, she vowed to stay away from guys. She said she refused to fall in love ever again. When she was with a guy, she was always remarkably happy. Never without a smile on her face. But without guys or hookups, she felt lonely. Around me, she loosens up and vents all over me but I listen.

We binge watch "Young and Hungry" or "Pretty Little Liars" on Netflix and eat out gallons on gallons of ice cream. Now that I think about it, we binge watch Netflix way too much.

I decide to just let her have some fun and stay loose because she never really got to go to parties. I'm always the party pooper and tell her not to go to parties. Parties aren't really my thing. I'd rather be binge watching Netflix. Yeah, I have a Netflix problem- sue me.

Walking the opposite way of Peightyn and that mystery dude, I just reluctantly linger alone, making my way through the halls and rooms of Ezra Ferrickson's home. It was very nice, the walls dressed in nice wallpaper with fancy painting and family portraits, the furniture were all expensive looking but very nice quality. I've been roaming around this party for way too long. I want to leave- no- I need to leave.

I hadn't drank anything but the water. But that so happened to be all over the bad boy; my tutor; Ryland Aries; the most cliche person on earth. Aries isn't really that bad, as far as personality. Though, I believe he should use that smart head of his more often instead hiding that ability. Being smart isn't something you should hide, it's a gift, I believe. It will get you places.

If he were to use his baseball career plus his intelligence, I swear, he'd never be without a job. He will be rich and famous, have a successful life, live in a nice house, have a beautiful wife and kids- wait, what the fuck am I doing? Planning out Aries' life?

I shake my head, knocking the thoughts out of my brain, when I walk up the stairs to the bathroom. That's the only one I remember when I was walking around the house.

Everyone around me was either drunk out of their mind or passed out on the couch, so, hopefully, the bathroom was open because I couldn't take much more of holding on and waiting.

When I finally find the bathroom, I do everything I need to. I also fix my hair, touch up my makeup and I just look at myself in the mirror. Ryland's hoodie is really big on me but stops right at my waist allowing my legs to be revealed, which makes me extremely uncomfortable. I'm more of a skinny-jeans-and-jacket kind of person. My converse always tagging along, of course.

I exit the bathroom, almost tripping over a few people making out. I try surpassing them but I couldn't. I try passing them casually, like they weren't bothering me but they were. They were really bothering me and I wanted to go home. Snuggled up alone in my bed with my fuzzy blanket and my Hulu remote watching Netflix sound too good right now, but how would I get home? I could just walk but it's a Friday night, probably pushing midnight, and It made me uncomfortable, just the thought of walking the streets alone knowing there would probably be reckless-driving teens probably higher than outer space and drunk out of their minds.

Scattering down the stairs, I keep a close eye out for Peightyn, hoping she wasn't drunk like the rest of the teenage population in this enormous house but she probably was. She's Peightyn for heaven's  sake, there was no changing the way this kid was. She was a rebellious kind of girl who did what she wanted when she wanted and although her parent were well aware, they let her. Her parents were the best and all but very immature just as she was.

I wonder around the house looking for Peightyn when a random guy comes and up to me and corners me by the kitchen. His breath reeks of alcohol, he pants like he's been running ten miles and he's sweating like it, too. I try to turn my head away from him, assuming he's too drunk to notice but he grips my jaw and turns my head towards him. The mystery guy pushes me up against the wall and says, "Now, you're all mine, darlin'".

Panic arises in my blood and my body starts to burn all of the sudden.

Someone, please help me.                                                                                                                                                _______________________________

Well, hello there readers... didn't see ya there ;)

Yes, my updates are supposed to be on friday's but as i said at the beginning, there's an awful storm passing by and idk when I'll have wifi or any internet so, I'd rather be safe then sorry and post today since the storm is supposed to start getting really bad tomorrow. But school was cancelled so that's less stress! Help give me the strength to survive the storm by pressing that star at the bottom! Thanks for reading and tell me what y'all think is going to happen...

Buh-byeeeeeee!

-BlackMidnights

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

619K 18.9K 55
"Deceptions, kitten. Just deceptions." --> do check out my new book- The Millionaire Wants Me (it is a spinoff!) Full edited novel with new chapte...
43.9K 702 46
~~ Highest ranking - #1 in tutoring (11th June 2021) Started - 28th March 2021 Finished - 3rd June 2021 ~~ He gently caresses my face as he tucks a...
2.8M 101K 58
"Do you ever get scared of being happy?" He asked softly, also pretty tired. I kept my eyes closed as I answered, my fingers softly drawing circles o...
313K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...