Monster in My Bed

By self-absorbed

If you throw a rogue wolf into a pack, what do you get? Certainly, not a Luna. Kaia Aalish, rogue-born, must... More

Chapter One | Pack Murderer
Chapter Two | Cologne Boy
Chapter Three | Shower of Jesus
Chapter Five | The Psycho Girlfriend Has Arrived Successfully
Chapter Six | You're a Whore
Chapter Seven | Stupid Wall-Hole
Chapter Eight | Fate Thing
Chapter Nine | Feels in the Chest Area
Chapter Ten | Sexual Tension
Chapter Eleven | Swallow Your Spit
Chapter Twelve | Neck Jab
Chapter Thirteen | Great Way To Die
Chapter Fourteen | I Don't Do Dust
Chapter Fifteen | Wolves Can't Unlock iPhones
Chapter Sixteen | Angry Sex
Chapter Seventeen | Let's Talk Children
Chapter Eighteen | It's Bigger Than Expected
Chapter Nineteen | It's Doomsday, Ladies
Chapter Twenty | Love At First Bite
Chapter Twenty-One | Classy Porn Star
Chapter Twenty-Two | Heartbreak or Heart Attack?
Chapter Twenty-Three | Not Man Enough For Balls
Chapter Twenty-Four | Can't Risk It
Chapter Twenty-Five | God Bless Airplanes and Fake Passports
Chapter Twenty-Six: Part One | Okay, Whatever, Derek.
Chapter Twenty-Six: Part Two | Okay, Whatever, Derek.
Chapter Twenty-Seven | Death By Shower
Chapter Twenty-Eight | Pancakes For Brunch
Chapter Twenty-Nine | Yuck, I Think I'm Maturing
Chapter Thirty | Just Some Guy
Chapter Thirty-One | I'm Your Hype Man
Chapter Thirty-Two | Drive Safe
Chapter Thirty-Three | Come Here
Chapter Thirty-Four | Dead People Smell
Chapter Thirty-Five | Manipulative Prick
Chapter Thirty-Six | Just a Shower
Chapter Thirty-Seven | Laying in Her Grave
Chapter Thirty-Eight | Two Most Annoying Organs
Chapter Thirty-Nine | Is Spit A Distraction?
Chapter Forty | Let's Decorate the Prison
Chapter Forty-One | Crying = Drunk
Chapter Forty-Two | Like Rabbits
Chapter Forty-Three | Arrogant Bastard-Alpha
Chapter Forty-Four | Saggy-Titty Witch
Chapter Forty-Five | Self-Proclaimed Prince of Alphas
Chapter Forty-Six | It Only Got Sketchy Twice
Chapter Forty-Seven | Graduated to Dad Status
Epilogue | Its Just Puppy Love
Fun Facts Just For Shigs
Notes

Chapter Four | Word Vomit

101K 3.9K 1K
By self-absorbed

I don't really care who you are—Amanda Bines, Madonna, the pope. It doesn't matter. A person will never be prepared for the day they meet their soul mate. You can write a script and rehearse your every line, but nothing will ever go the way you want it to because your body just starts taking over the moment your eyes meet. Your mind goes into under-drive—pretty much complete mush, and your body just goes into auto-pilot. The only words wanting to leave your lips being 'bang me right now'.

I really wish I was lying.

I was completely and utterly lost just staring in the dark blue depths of his eyes. I don't really think he was registering what I had just said. I don't blame him. I did just admit to trying to murder him. In all fairness though, he did snap my neck, so he kind of deserved it.

"So, your name's Kaia," he breathed. His minty breath fanning my face making me shudder. Normally, I was not one to have someone speaking so closely to my face. I would have thrown him across the room. Well, I would have attempted to, but in the moment I wasn't minding it. I actually really, really liked it.

"And you're Matteo." I was extremely grateful that those three words managed to slip out rather than 'take me now'. I'm not against that side of myself at all. I would just rather allow him to meet that side of me once we were out of here living rogue.

Matteo nodded. "Sorry I snapped your neck by the way."

"It's fine. I would have done the same to you if you hadn't." Sentences were just spewing out of my mouth. It was complete and utter word vomit.

I was generally used to my bluntness. Speaking my mind without worry was one thing I was very good at. Some days it was a curse, and other days it was a blessing. I just had to make the most of the word vomit that spewed from my lips that never seemed to stop moving.

We just stayed in our position for another moment before I assume the words I had spoken from earlier clicked into Matteo's head. His dark eyes widened before clearing his throat and stepping back. His strong, muscular arms fell down to his sides as he stood a good few feet away from me. I propped myself up using my elbows to stare directly at him.

I understood entirely why Jack must feel threatened by my mate. First of all, Matteo is the most stunning thing I had ever laid eyes on. From his dark tousled hair which had my fingers aching feeling the need to run through it to his brawny, herculean body, what guy wouldn't be threatened? I'm surprised girls fall for anyone other than Matteo. He sets the bar pretty high. Not to mention, Matteo's entire aura just screamed 'I can and will kill you'. I don't base this entirely off of the fact that he stands at a height of at least 6'2 (I wouldn't be surprised if someone told me he was like 6'4, honestly) or that he looks like he could squish my entire body just between his thumb and forefinger. No, I say this due to the fact that Matteo looks like an ape on steroids who just found out that his parents were brutally murdered. He still managed to look absolutely gorgeous, though.

"You're a rogue," he stated pretty much examining me as if I were going to turn into an alien with five heads. I quirked an eyebrow as I pushed myself to sit up on my butt.

"Last time I checked," I replied. His expression seemed almost torn or maybe even confused. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. His jaw, which already was sharp enough to cut someone when slack, was clenched. Was he mad? Okay, I'm not that bad.

"And you thought it was smart to come so close to Caedes territory alone? What if someone would have killed you? That's risky, Kaia," Matteo pretty much growled out in anger. Frustration was spilling into his tone, as well. My brows furrowed at the mention of the Caedes Pack.

No, no. That wasn't possible. I did not cross or attempt to cross into Caedes territory.

As a rogue, you do learn to live by some rules. One of those rules being that you don't just cross over into the few packs' territories that can slaughter you in seconds. I made this mistake once before. I didn't take the warnings of going into Vindicta territory as seriously as I should have. A person would think I would learn by now seeing as I just managed to escape being imprisoned by them for so long. I guess not.

The Caedes Pack was one of those few packs that my father told my brother and I repeatedly not to step foot in unless we wanted to die, but here I am just chilling in their pack house.

What's next? The Socius Pack wants to invite me over for tea?

"You have to get me out of here," I snap scurrying up from the bed in a panic. A look of confusion crossed over Matteo's face.

"What? Why?"

"Because Alpha Nerezza's gonna kill me!" I try to get to the door in hopes of a sad attempt at running out of the pack house until Matteo's large hand wrapped it self around my arm. My body halted and jerked backward.

"Why would I kill you?" I snapped my head to the side to face a puzzled-looking Matteo. I'm almost positive that my facial expression looked exactly like his.

"You're the—what?" I asked stumbling over my words.

I knew exactly what he said. I knew what he meant when he asked 'why would I kill you?'. It was because I referred to the alpha, but that couldn't be right. Alpha Nerezza's son wasn't supposed to take over for like another year.

"Salvatore Nerezza is the alpha," I stated adamantly, "and his son isn't supposed to take over for like a year. Tio—his name is Tio."

"Teo, as in Matteo with an 'ay' not an 'ee'," Matteo so kindly corrected. I shook my head.

"You—he—are—how?" I stuttered not being able to put my thoughts into actual sentences. I ran my hands frustratedly through my long, brown hair pulling on it half way.

How is this even possible? Karma? Irony? I'm just going to go with both. It's ironic karma, but it didn't make sense! Sure, I grew up thinking the successor of the Caedes Pack was a boy named Tio, but that boy was still Matteo. He was still the same age, so why was he alpha now?

All at once everything sort of just clicked. A switch suddenly was turned on, and a little lightbulb sprang to life in my mind.

"What day is it?" I shot out earning a strange look from Matteo.

"Uh, Thursday." I groaned feeling extremely impatient with my mate at the moment. I rolled my hands gesturing for him to go on.

"And?" I pressed.

"The eighth?"

"Of?"

"November?"

"Jesus Christ! What year is it?" I snapped. It was obvious that my mate wasn't a big fan of me shouting at him, but I knew he decided to push away his distaste due to the fact that his mate was currently having a conniption for an unknown reason.

"2017."

I froze immediately. I knew in that moment that all signs of color had drained from my face.

No, he was lying.

"Four years," I whispered unbelievably bringing my hands up to my mouth. I rolled my lip lightly between my thumb and forefinger as I repeated myself. "Four years."

It had been four years. Not one, not two, but four. Four whole years snatched away from me. I never lived the life of a sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, and barely a nineteen year old. I lived those years behind bars. I would be twenty in nearly two months! I lost four years of my life that I didn't even know were passing right by me.

Matteo seemed absolutely lost as I continued mumbling to myself. I couldn't find anything rational to say other than 'four years'. I was stupid enough to get locked up for four years! His hand stayed latched onto my upper arm, but his grip wasn't as strong as it had been at first. He loosened up a bit.

"You're the alpha now," I stated what he had already told me. I almost felt bad. My mate looked at me like he thought I was missing half of my brain. I probably was.

"That's what I said."

"And, you have been for two years."

"Three," he countered making my brows furrow. Something wasn't right. Everyone knew Salvatore Nerezza's son was to take over in 2015—two years ago.

It's not really much of a secret what happens in the higher ranking packs. Most packs as well as rogues stay updated on what is happening in them. Its almost like safety precautions.

As if sensing my confusion, Matteo quickly answered my unasked question.

"My father died of cancer when I was seventeen." I frowned almost instantly. It really was not every day that your werewolf soul mate tells you that his father died of cancer especially because werewolves do not get illnesses like cancer.

"I thought werewolves didn't get cancer?"

"They don't," he stated simply. I could tell just by the look in his eyes that he did not want to talk about it. I for one was not going to anger him by saying anything more. This was one of those moments when I knew to shut up. I had about forty-eight questions for him just pertaining to the death of his father, but they could wait for a more appropriate time. His hand holding my arm dropped to his side. A stoic expression crossed over his face as I'm guessing the memory floated back into his thoughts.

"Well, why didn't your mom take over?"

Alpha children come of age to take over at eighteen. If an alpha dies before his heir is of age, his mate—the luna—takes over. That's how it's always been. It didn't make sense that Matteo would take over underage.

"She's dead. Died of a drug overdose when I was seven."

Well, there it is. Disgust practically dripped out of his mouth as he spoke of his mother. It made me highly uncomfortable.

"Oh," I drug out. What do you even say to that? 'Oh that makes sense considering no one ever hears about a luna in the Caedes Pack, haha!'. I don't see that being effective. If anything, that could get me killed. "So, should I try to like top your shitty-childhood story or just keep my mouth shut?" As soon as I said it, I knew I shouldn't have, but it was just word vomit. It just spewed out of me!

"What?" He snapped sounding a bit stressed. Maybe even annoyed? I had a tendency of doing that to people.

"Never mind," I mumbled cracking my fingers anxiously. I really didn't like being in this pack house or being this close to an alpha—mate or not. Being in these situations really weren't my strong suit due to me not ever really being in one of them. "Can I make eggs?" More word vomit.

"No, you can stay in here. I'll get you something," Matteo stated deeply. His features displayed clear signs of anger. I wasn't sure if it was because me or from the fact that I just brought up his dead parents. Either way, they were both no doubt because of me.

The angry look sure did look nice on him. All of his features seemed much more prominent when he looked this way. His thick, dark brows were pulled together above his dark eyes that made me want to fall over and die. His pale-pink lips—that looked extremely kissable in the moment—were pulled into a tight line. I wouldn't doubt it if someone told me his teeth were clenched angrily because the way his jawline stuck out strongly told me the same story.

Matteo was absolutely gorgeous.

Why would the fates be so cruel as to mate me to an alpha wolf, though? I do bless them for mating me to someone so godly as Matteo, but why him? Asking an alpha to abandon their pack isn't like asking an average delta. Some alphas do leave their packs for certain reasons much like Dallas, but I haven't ever heard of one leaving for their mate.

I was a stubborn little thing. I also did not like being in one place for very long especially around pack wolves. My body was screaming for me to just jump Matteo, but my mind was like 'throw him in a bag and run away together'.

Whatever I ended up doing, I really did not want to leave Matteo, but I couldn't help but hate the alpha part of him. It was just a matter of leaving rogue life or leaving Caedes Pack territory.

That thought scared the hell out of me.

Matteo turned on his heel and exited the room leaving me there alone. I was so lost in my own thoughts that I barely heard the sound of something being locked from the other side of the door.

Did he just use a padlock to keep me in here?

I stormed over to the door once I was again in my right mind. I twisted the door knob and yanked the door only to be met with the familiar banging of whatever was on the other side. I snarled angrily as I continued pushing and pulling on the large door with force that should have been enough to rip it off of its hinges.

"Matteo! Get me out of here!" I shouted as I continued my assault on the door. "I want to leave!" No one came to let me out of the room, so I didn't stop my destruction.

He didn't even know what kind of eggs I wanted.

__________________________

Aye I'm listening to music from 2012 lol

Idk how I think about this chapter. It took me all week to write progressively but I just don't know if I like it.

I don't even have anything to say oml I'm so boring

It was a busy week this week and I homecoming yesterday. Everyone was hardcore grinding, and I'm almost positive half the school is going to show up pregnant. Bless up.

Okay okay okay

Stay awesome Gotham 10/9/16

AYE LOVE ME SOME JACK (PIC ABOVE) 7/5/17

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

929K 30.8K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...
3.1M 74.7K 26
London was from a pack that was killed by an enemy pack. She was only seventeen when it happened. She was the only one to escape except for a small b...
82.3K 2.2K 21
I grabbed her arm for support and I swore her skin on mine was getting me high. I understood what was happening with me. I spun her around and pulle...
6.3M 198K 44
|| In his eyes, she glowed. Her pale skin was like a canvas, just waiting for him to paint it with his dark colors. She was his moon and his hope. ||...