Warriors: Cloak of Time

By WarriorsOfTheCentury

Time is like a cloak hanging over the world we live in - it is the very fabric of our existence. Time is some... More

= Preface =
= Allegiances =
= Prologue =
= Chapter 1 =
= Chapter 2 =
= Chapter 4 =
= Chapter 5 =
= Chapter 6 =
= Chapter 7 =
= Chapter 8 =
Important Announcement

= Chapter 3 =

492 34 30
By WarriorsOfTheCentury

The breeze whipped through the air, shaking the branches of the large birch trees. They were graceful, dancing in the sunbath that was given to them. The sunlight rayed on their leaves, leaving them hot to the touch and any creature who roamed the forest were going to be dangerously hot due to the loss of rain.

She felt the light bashing down on her fur, and she felt tingles ripple through out her. The ground beneath her, which consisted of rocks and dirt, were burning. She could almost see the steam arising from them, or perhaps she was imagining it, she didn't really know.

Stormflight scurried hurriedly, another SilverClan cat just behind her. The patches of her mottled fur that waved through the wind reminded her of why she became deputy. She was popular among the Clan and was known for the great ability of strategy during quarrels or battles. The boldness and bravery of her also played a part in her popularity.

The other cat, Onyxshard, had been one of her lifelong friends, though she seemed to be the opposite of Stormflight. Onyxshard was calm, reserved, and sometimes she appeared to be the most bland creature alive. Yet Stormflight knew, behind her mask she was beautiful and wise. Like an owl, she wasn't tied down, and she could fly away at any second.

Onyxshard could leave the world, and it would be forgotten to her. It would be a distant memory flowing in the wind, unknown to her alone.

"Stormflight, do you see the flowers? They're wilting, what could be the cause of this disaster?"

At Onyxshard's words, she flung her head to the way the other she-cat was looking at. The flowers, once a beautiful point in SilverClan's territory, seemed to be on the brink of dying. She gulped, and studied them closer. Whirls of beautiful shades of white, gray, purple, and blue fled together. Stormflight shook her head. They just need water, she told herself.

Stormflight continued onward, her mind still stuck on the wilting flowers and what caused them. Her steps grew heavy as she kept her eyes on the flowers, and she noticed one white flower in particular. The petals were bent, and were turning an unnatural gray color. It was almost dead, and fear sliced in her heart.

Moonlight's Embrace.

The flower was the only thing Stormflight cared about as she called Onyxshard over, the horror and fear still in her heart. Onyxshard stood beside her, the she-cat's eyes narrowing as she said, "If the Moonlight's Embrace is starting to wilt, something very wrong could happen, Stormflight,"

"We should look farther on, we can't make an assumption with no evidence. Maybe this one was just crushed by accident, we have no idea," Stormflight offered the idea, the gray she-cat flicked her tail, a sign to the black she-cat beside her to follow her.

She could sense the unbalance of her breathing, and how it grew heavier in her chest with every glance. She was praying to StarClan that Moonlight's Embrace was alright, and that every one would be alright.

When she caught sight of another white flower, she knew she was so deeply wrong about anything being alright.

How could this happen? How could the most powerful existence of nature in our world just die like this? This has never happened before, or no times that I have heard of. Stormflight gulped, her thoughts racing with wonders of what could have happened to the flowers.

"What do we do now? How could the flowers just die like this?" Onyxshard said with horror, her eyes narrowing once again, and Stormflight noted that she was tense in the way she was standing, with her mind retracing back to flowers once again.

If she knew anything, it was that Moonlight's Embrace was magical. It was a force of nature, and a powerful weapon. If one flower died, it could have thrown off the entire magical cycle, and it would have caused their magic to waver. Once the magic wavered, it could affect all Moonlight Embrace flowers to the point of extinction.

"The dead flower is allowing all the others to die," Onyxshard admitted, spewing out exactly what Stormflight had been thinking.

Stormflight gulped, "We need to hurry back to camp," she said, "or the flowers could die before we even know it." Onyxshard nodded, closing her eyes, before allowing them to flutter back open and starting her legs off.

The run back to SilverClan camp felt like an eternity, especially with the wind slating through ever fiber of her hair on her body. It cut through Stormflight, and it was cold, not like a gentle warm breeze. This one was harsh and almost unbearable to a point. The death of the flowers must be causing the winds, she offered to herself, but wasn't quite sure about the thought.

The green-eyed she-cat felt dizzy when they reached the opening of the secluded area, home to the cats of SilverClan. It was her home, even if sometimes it felt like it wasn't. It was also Onyxshard's home, which meant they both needed to help it.

This was where SilverClanners resided, and the long-legged she-cat had a deep feeling that if she didn't get help soon, they would lose it.

The two of them ignored the chattering of the other cats about why they were racing through camp, or the reason why Stormflight looked like a dog had attacked her. They only cared about reaching the leader's den, which they did with ease.

The silhouette of their leader was noticeable, he was a strong figure, and always presentable. The dark gray tom turned towards them, he acknowledged them with words, "What is the matter, Stormflight? Ah, you even brought Onyxshard with you."

Stormflight grimaced at his tone but coughed out, "Acestar, Onyxshard and I were out hutning when we stumbled upon a patch of flowers, they were all of wilted. We studied them until we found one that had us very worried. Moonlight's Embrace is dying, I guess you could say." She focused on his expression, awaiting on any reaction, but found no surprise.

Acestar looked disinterested, which tore at her heart. Would he not care? Could he possibly look upon it as pure idiocy?

"Stormflight, Onyxshard," He started, then continued, "Moonlight's Embrace cannot die simply like that. You're thinking too irrationally, nothing that magical could just die like that. I say you're reading way too far into it, you two should go get some sleep," Acestar narrowed his eyes, as if he was challenging his deputy and warrior to stand up to him. Stormflight had the urge to say something, but quickly squished the words down inside. She had no power over her leader, his words were something she was supposed to follow, something she was supposed to obey.

For once in her life, she wanted to crush any sense of responsibility to just let herself free. She wanted to be like Onyxshard, she wanted to be like the owl. The owl was carefree and could be a narcissist. They flew under nobody's rules, and they needed no consent. Owls could fly anywhere, they could touch the sky, and she knew they were bounded by no laws. The birds of the free is what they were, untouched by anything.

Stormflight grunted as she turned around and stomped off, her tail flicking. She could feel Onyxshard behind her, and the presence of her friend was comforting. She knew if Acestar wouldn't listen, she only had one more chance to get any real help. She would have to receive help from their medicine cat, and she knew Ottersplash was her last hope.

Once they were near Ottersplash's den, Stormflight turned to the black she-cat behind her, who was having some trouble balancing with her bob tail. "Onyxshard, I'm going to tell Ottersplash to see if she can help us or if she will even care. If she doesn't, then StarClan help us, we're doomed." She said, and noted Onyxshard's nod, a sign that she was behind her every step of the way.

"Ottersplash?" Stormflight called when they reached the den of the medicine cat of SilverClan. Ottersplash was a brown she-cat who has beautiful hazel eyes, and she too was one of Stormflight's friends. Though the two weren't the closest, they still had become acquaintances over the moons of being in the same Clan. The green-eyed cat saw the medicine cat turn around the sound of her name, looking slightly confused at why she was being called.

"Hello, what do you want?" Ottersplash commented, her mouth full of herbs. Her words were hard to figure out due to the herbs blocking them, but Stormflight could figure them out. She sighed and stepped more into the den, she allowed Onyxshard to shift in too as she sat down, wrapping her tail around her paws.

Stormflight looked awkwardly around as she gulped, trying to think of ways to say it detailed but not drawn out too long, then she chirped, "Onyxshard and I sent ourselves out hunting today in the forest. We were around the Moonfield, being careful not to disrupt the flowers and birch trees there. Then Onyxshard showed me wilting flowers, and we noticed a wilting Moonlight Embrace,"

She paused when she heard the gasp from Ottersplash, who appeared to have concern residing within her. She understands, Stormflight mentioned to herself before beginning again,

"We investigated more, and we noticed more were dying. We came to the conclusion that one died and it affect them all magically, which allowed the magic to waver. You do know what happens after the magic wavers, correct?"

Ottersplash muttered before looking up to meet Stormflight's eyes, "We should look out for more of these, any cases should be reported back to camp. Have you told Acestar?" Ottersplash croaked, and Stormflight nodded.

"We told him, but to no avail. He was not worried for the flowers one bit. As far as he is concerned, we're acting upon non-existent threats to the Clan," She purred, and Ottersplash's eyes grew clouded with worry as she sighed,

"I knew he would act this way, that tom is good for nothing, I swear!" Ottersplash chimed, and breathed out, allowing herself to regain her composure. "Sadly, once Acestar makes up his mind, there is no changing his decision. I'll help you though, when the medicine cats gather at half-moon, I'll alert the others. Maybe the other Clans will help us, they may even be facing the same thing,"

Stormflight nodded thankfully to her. She knew she could count on Ottersplash to help her and Onyxshard find out what was happening. Finally, Stormflight could help her Clan, and perhaps even save it. She had wanted this for so long, it was almost unbearable. "Thank you so much, Ottersplash. Hopefully we can avoid any chaos," She offered.

After her words, there was only silence, but in it stood a thousand unsaid words. They all understood they were holding the weight of the world on their shoulders, and the fate of SilverClan resided in the three alone. Yet the silence was a beautiful mess of emotions, and a dark undertone of regret from all three. The regret had no reason to be there, but it would always be lurking in their hearts.

Maybe the regret was from them never being able to do this before, or the fact that in saving their Clan, they were betraying them by lying to them in the process.

There is no other way than to lie, She reminded herself.

"Stormflight, we should probably start patrolling near Moonfield regularly. Although Ottersplash is telling the other medicine cats, it is best that we still keep an eye on Moonlight's Embrace," Onyxshard murmured as the two left the den, breaking the silence that had held itself for many moments.

Stormflight nodded at Onyxshard, telling herself that she was right. They did need to start patrolling the area more, but no other cats should know. Only they should, as they were the ones who discovered the trouble and knew Moonfield better than anyone in SilverClan.

"We should keep it to ourselves, anyone else knowing is dangerous and could jeopardize the mission, okay?" Stormflight asked, tilting her head in a gesture to ask if that was alright. She knew Onyxshard would agree, but it was better to ask than assume and command.

Onyxshard's tail begin to flick, and her eyes grew clearer than before as she cooed, "Of course, we can't risk anything while we do this." After her words, the two parted ways, heading in opposite directions.

Finally, Stormflight felt like an owl. No one could control her, and she was her own being of flight. She felt wise, free, and unbreakable.

As she bit down into a piece of prey, she could feel herself soaring into the bright blue sky of wonders.

  ✿ • ✿ • ✿

I wrote this chapter in a horrid day because I was busy all week, and just finished it. Let me tell you, I don't regret it. Also if you can't tell by now, this chapter was written by Morning. Thanks you guys, and please remember that if I had more time, this chapter probably would have came out better. Yet, I'm still proud of it, and I hope you enjoy!

Also, thanks for 1.1k Yearlets, we here at Century love you guys!

~Morning🌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

583 37 18
⠀⠀⠀Quailsong has everything she needs: a perfect family, two best friends, and a loving, strong Clan. Life is perfect in her eyes and she has strong...
1.3K 162 56
Two warrior clans have lived in peace for several moons now. Until one clan leader and his son destroy the peace. The other thinks they mostly have t...
840 80 16
~Note: I am no longer updating this book~ Amberkit thinks that her life as a kit is perfect. She has her mother and two sisters by her side, and her...
1.7K 31 29
This is a random idea I came up with while I was resting. What if the characters were all genderbent and if they had a mate, they swapped roles with...