I Am Not Just Your Little Pup...

By SoraAndNoir

This is a Kankuro love story that I wrote/am writing on Quizilla, so I'm transferring it :) I hope y'all like... More

{Info} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 1} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 2} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 4} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 5} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 6} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 7} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 8} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 9 part 1*HALLOWEEN SPECIAL*} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 9 part 2*HALLOWEEN SPECIAL*} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 10} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 11} I am Not Just Your Little Puppet
{Chapter 12} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet

{Chapter 3} I Am Not Just Your Little Puppet

2.9K 68 23
By SoraAndNoir

Gaara’s P.O.V

“Hey Gaara. You were out pretty late last night huh? What were you up to?” Temari asked you as she cleaned her lunch dishes. You looked up from the TV at Temari and shrugged.

“It was nothing” You looked back at the TV with no emotion, though ever since last night you couldn’t get that girl Adira out of your head. You touched your nose in the same spot that she had kissed you in the ally and smiled slightly. All of a sudden Temari’s face was right in front of yours. Your hand fell to the couch and your smile faded. Temari’s eyes went wide then she smirked and stood up straight.

“Looks like my little brother has a crush.” She laughed while rubbing the top of your head. You glared at her.

“Don’t touch me.” You snapped crossing your arms and looking away. “And I don’t have a crush on Adira. The only type of crushing I’ll be doing with her would be with my sand coffin.” You snarled grumpily as Temari sweat dropped. Just then, the door was kicked open and in walked Kankuro with that girl Shizuri in his arms. Temari ran over.

“Kankuro! What did you do to her!?” She yelled. You eyed Shizuri curiously laying limp in your older brother’s arms. Kankuro was exasperated trying to tell Temari what really happened. Shizuri did look a lot like Adira, her hair was just a little lighter and in pigtails instead of a ponytail. Other than that they looked exactly the same. Kankuro laid Shizuri on the couch beside you then brushed her bangs out of her face.

‘Why is he looking at her like that?’ You wondered and looked at Shizuri’s face. She looked so peaceful. ‘Does that mean Adira would look like that too?’ You thought. There was a knock at the door and Temari answered it. Now inside your hotel room was Adira with a dumbfounded look on her face. You stood up with a blank look on your face and walked slowly over to Adira. Her eyes shifted from Shizuri to you and were filled with delight. You stood in front of her, still blank, then lifted your hand in the air. Adira looked at it confused. You then brought your hand down hard in one quick motion and hit Adira in the neck. Her eyes widened then she passed out on the floor. You tilted you head to the side while looking at her face curiously. Both Kankuro and Temari’s eyes turned to large white circles while their one eye twitched.

“Hmmm...” You said thoughtfully.

“What the hell!? Both of you!!” Temari yelled. She picked up Adira and layed her on the other end of the couch. Then she grabbed you and Kankuro and sat you beside eachother in between Adira and Shizuri.

“Now stay!” She yelled and sat in the chair and watched TV. You sat there clueless to why you were being yelled at and stared at Adira. She did look just as peaceful, you were right. You had a strong urge to touch her face. You thought about it and copying your brother’s motion he did before to Shizuri, you brushed Adira’s bangs out of her face. You took your hand back and crossed you arms while glancing over at Kankuro who had his mouth hanging open.

“What are you looking at..?” You closed your eyes and ‘hmph’ed as Kankuro shook his head and watched the TV, glancing at Shizuri every two seconds.

Kankuro’s P.O.V

You were just walking down the hall to your hotel room and kicked the door open with Shizuri still in your arms. You saw Temari’s face flash in anger.

‘Oh no... here we go.’ You thought.

“Kankuro! What did you do to her!?” She yelled in your face after running towards you.

“It’s not like what you think it is Temari! She was chasing me because I messed with Sasuke’s head cuz I accidentally stayed over at Shizuri’s house cuz I got kicked out but went back for my hat and fell asleep beside her on the couch cuz she was wearing my hat then Sasuke found me there in the morning and I kissed her on the forehead cuz he likes her and is her best friend and so she came after me later and chased me into a classroom and almost threw a desk at me but some guy who had a huge crush on her said hey and she dropped the desk on her head so I took her here for you to heal her!!!” You said all in one breath frantically. Temari nodded and you breathed out looking down at Shizuri as you laid her on the couch. You brushed her bangs out of her face and looked at her softly. You could feel your younger brother staring at you and stood up. At that moment there was a knock on the door and in walked Adira.

‘Hey wasn’t she following Shizuri earlier?’ You questioned in your head. Then Gaara started walking towards her.

‘What’s with that look on his face? He looks like a fruitcake.’ You raised your eyebrow at Gaara’s hand being raised in the air then gawked at him when he knocked Adira out.

‘GAH! Why the hell would he do that!?’ you almost fell over by the shock along with your sister. Gaara just stood there staring at Adira curiously.

“Hmmm...” He said quietly.

“What the hell!? Both of you!!” Temari yelled and brought Adira to the couch, laying her on the other side. She then brought you and Gaara to the couch and put you between the two unconscious girls. You watched your brother closely as he stared at Adira. What happened next shocked you to your core. Gaara had copied your actions earlier with Shizuri and brushed Adira’s bangs out of her face. You stared as he quickly took his hand away and crossed his arms glancing at you.

“What are you looking at..?” He grumbled and ‘hmph’ed. You turned and shook your head and watched the TV. Shizuri had twitched in her sleep and you watched her, laughing on the inside. After that you looked at her every chance you got.

Your P.O.V

‘What is going on..? Why is it all dark? Wait... my eyes are closed... Why does my head hurt so much?...’ Your thoughts were hazy. You opened your eyes just slightly to see a ceiling. ‘Well of coarse I see a ceiling idiot.’ You thought while you say up holding your head then froze in place. You saw a mirrored image of you but holding your neck. ‘Adira..?’ You thought confused. But also in between you and Adira were Kankuro and Gaara. They looked at both of you shocked at your sudden movements that were exactly the same as the others. Then you got mad.

“What the hell happened!!” You and Adira yelled at the same time while jumping up off the couch and in front of the two brothers. Kankuro screamed and jumped behind the couch and Gaara just sat there staring at Adira. Kankuro poked his head over the couch.

“ It wasn’t me Shizuri I swear! Iruka said hey to you remember?? And then you dropped the desk on your head!!” He explained quickly. You glared at him.

“Then why am I here!?” You exclaimed throwing your arms up. Kankuro smiled nervously and coughed out a small laugh.

“Well uh.. you hit your head pretty hard so I took you here so Temari could maybe heal you...” He lowered his face so that his nose was just on the top of the couch. You stuck your nose up in the air and turned your attention to Adira and Gaara who were still sitting there staring at eachother.

“At least I’m not the one who knocked you out...” Kankuro whispered in your ear. You jumped back a bit surprised at how quietly he’d gotten beside you.

“What are you talking about??” You said back quietly. Kankuro nodded his head at Adira and Gaara.

“Gaara knocked her out... I have no idea why but he did it when she came in here looking for you.” You turned your head to Kankuro who’s head was over your shoulder just beside your head. He glanced at you and quickly looked ahead again blushing ever so lightly.

“Gaara...” Adira muttered through clenched teeth. Gaara tilted his head slightly studying Adira’s every movement.

‘She’s interesting. Doesn’t act like other girls... She isn’t afraid of me...’

“Yes..?” Gaara answered while smiling just a tiny bit. Kankuro was astonished.

‘Is Gaara... giddy?’ He thought suddenly. ‘Oh my gosh...’

“Why would you knock me out Gaara?” Adira tried to keep her cool. Her hands were clenched in fists at her sides and her teeth were clenched. Gaara smiled a little bigger which made Kankuro shiver. You looked at him again with his head still over your shoulder.

‘He’s rather touchy right now...’ You thought then turned your attention back to Adira and Gaara.

“Well...?” Adira was fuming. She wasn’t the patient type really, and it seemed that Gaara knew that. He was toying with her.

“I wanted to see if you looked as peaceful as Shizuri when you’re asleep. Turns out that you look pretty too.” Gaara closed his eyes and stood up, heading to his bedroom in the hotel room. Both Kankuro’s and Adira’s mouths were hanging open as Gaara left the living room. There was a long silence until Temari broke it.

“I knew it. I told him he had a crush on Adira.” She spoke to you seeming as both Kankuro and Adira were still dazed. You turned your head and then walked over to her in the kitchen.

“Really? You think he has a crush on Adira? He doesn’t really seem to be the type to like people...” You pondered while Temari boiled water for tea. She shrugged.

“Yeah, but you can’t forget that he’s still a guy. He may be scary and have a demon in him, but he’s still human. Would you like some tea or something to eat?” She was getting out a cup and looked at you to get another out. You nodded.

“I see... I guess you’re right. Why do you think its Adira that he’s attracted to?” You lifted yourself onto the counter and sat there while Temari looked around the cupboards for something to feed you. She stopped and leaned against the counter thinking of how to answer the question.

“Well... I’m not really sure. She is really pretty, but she’s also tough. Plus, she’s not scared of Gaara, and seems to be attracted to him as well. So I guess its just this mutual feeling they have.” Temari smiled and cooked some instant ramen. You thought about this for a little bit. Sasuke popped into your mind and you wrinkled your forehead. You then looked at Temari and sipped your tea.

“Do you think everybody has somebody like that? That they both feel the same way?” Temari looked up then took out your ramen. “Well... what I mean is... Do you think its wrong to be with someone you don’t have mutual feelings for just so you don’t hurt their feelings.” You looked down at your ramen that was now in your hands and stirred it slowly.

“Shizuri...” She started. You looked up with pain in your eyes. She sighed. “I think that whoever this is, you should talk to them about it. I don’t think it would be very nice to be with him if you don’t feel the same.” She gave you a reassuring smile and walked into the living room to push Kankuro on the couch. And Give Adira some food. They were calmer now and all watching TV. You walked over and sat between Adira and Kankuro on the couch. Kankuro stared at you subtly and curiously. Though he looked like he was still out of it, he heard every word that you and Temari had said.

“Adira ad Gaara sittin’ in a tree.” You chanted while dancing circles around your twin sister. “K-I-S-S-I-N-G!” You finished and laughed while Adira just rolled her eyes and chuckled. You were both walking home from the hotel.

“So should we get something to eat?” Adira suggested as you nodded. You both talked with each other as you approached Ichiraku’s ramen shop. “Didn’t you have ramen for lunch Shizuri?” Adira questioned then smiled when she looked into the shop. “Oh guess who’s here!” She snickered and ran into the shop. You sweat dropped as you ducked under the curtain.

“So Adira, is your sister here?” You heard a familiar voice as Adira pointed to you. You sighed and watched as Iruka turned his head to stare at you.

“Oh! Hi Shizuri! Here why don’t you sit here...” Iruka went to get up and offer you a seat beside him but ended up tripping over his stool and falling. You giggled and helped him up as he blushed.

‘Well he’s still as cute as ever.’ You thought and smiled as you sat beside him with Adira on your other side. You all ordered and waited in the awkward silence. Iruka turned to you and smiled nervously.

“So uh... how have you been Shizuri? Got a new boyfriend yet...?” The last part of his sentence he muttered quietly.

“Well I’ve been alright except for that while desk incident...” You chuckled but rubbed your head.

“I’m sorry about that...” Iruka said quietly but you continued.

“And no I don’t have a new boyfriend yet. It’s a little soon I think... I mean you can’t just get over the fact that we dated for a year and all... plus its fun to be single.” You put your finger to your chin then smiled. You and Adira looked over at Iruka to see his forehead on the counter and had gloomy written all over him. (blue lines above him) Your eye twitched slightly.

“He’s taking this rather hard isn’t he..?” Adira poked her head around you to see him. You looked at her and sighed.

“Ramen’s up!” The old man who was the owner put three bowls on the counter. Iruka cheered up a little and started eating. You and Iruka used to go there on dates all the time. “Hey you guys haven’t come here in a while. Is your sister just tagging along on your date with Iruka?” The old man asked you. He was obviously not listening to your earlier conversation.

“Uh...” Was all you could say before Iruka went back into his state of depression. “We’re not together anymore...” You whispered to the owner.

“Oh! Umm... I’m sorry about that. The ramen is on the house, just to make it up toyou.” He said asn went back to work. Iruka didn’t move.

“Great.” You smacked ou turned your head to look at Adira and see who was coming in. Then from under the curtain came none other than Genma Shiranui and you and Adira’s best friends Izumo and Kotetsu.

“Oh... that’s where you guys are. I’ve been looking for you guys everywhere.” Genma said calmly and sat beside Adira.

“Shizuri!! Adira!!” Both Kotetsu and Izumo yelled and squashed you both in a hug between them.

“We missed you so much!” Kotetsu yelled.

“Especially you Shizuri.” Izumo snuggled his face in the crook of your neck as Kotetsu eyed you and smirked.

“Gee... thanks.” Adira stood there like a stone as they laughed. It was true that they warmed up to you more, but only because you tolerated all of their horrible behavior. They still loved the both of you though and you often hung out.

“Not to break up your little hug fest but... What is wrong with Iruka?” Genma peered around your little group at Iruka to see him in a very gloomy state. Iruka then lifted his head and stood up.

“Oh its nothing. Don’t worry about it Shizuri. It was nice having ramen with you.” He smiled with rainbow eyes and left the shop.

“So why were you looking for us Genma sensai?” Adira asked as you poked at your now cold ramen.

“Well I signed you both up for the chunin exams and you guys need to train.” Genma had taken Iruka’s unfinished ramen and started eating it while Izumo and Kotetsu took over the empty seats beside you.

“Okay! We can start tomorrow morning.” You smiled and slid your ramen to the boys beside you.

“There’s a problem though...” Genma was eyeing his toothpick as you both looked at him curiously. “You can’t participate in the chunin exams unless you have a third person on your team.” He finished and placed his toothpick in his mouth. You and Adira looked at each other.

“Well then we just need to find a third person right?” Adira asked as you nodded.

“Wait! What happened to your third team mate?” Kotetsu asked. You both stared at them.

“She died.” You said and shrugged. The boys’ eyes widened.

“Well don’t you guys care that she died?” Izumo asked in astonishment. You both shook your heads.

“She was a pain in the ass anyways.”Adira shrugged and ate her ramen as you stared off into space. Izumo and Kotetsu were staring at you both with their mouths open and eyes twitching.

‘They are evil... pure evil...” Kotetsu thought. They stared for about 15 more seconds until Adira couldn’t hold it in anymore and burst out laughing. Then they were confused.

“We’re just kidding you nuts!” You laughed.

“Yeah. Our teammate moved awayto some other village.” Adira giggled and you both high fived. You then felt hot breath on the side of your neck.

“Now that wasn’t very nice Shizuri.” Izumo whispered in your ear.

“Not nice at all.” Kotetsu was now whispering in your other ear. You felt their hands on your legs and shoulders. There is another think to know about Izumo and Kotetsu. They are both your and Adira’s best friends, yes, but they also had a little thing for you, and liked to do things like this to tease you. They know they don’t actually have a chance but like to tease anyways. They used to have a thing for Adira too but that was short lived. Reason being that every time they tried to tease her she would beat the crap out of them. You didn’t mind so much though, you thought it was quite funny. Adira glared at the boys and they backed off as you giggled at their reaction. Genma stood up and looked at you and Adira.

“There’s no need to look for a third member. I already found one for you. I think you’ll like him..” He chuckled and walked out of the shop. “See you girls in the morning.” He waved behind his head.

“Hmm... this should be interesting.” You said as Adira and you walked towards your house.

“Okay well see you later! Geeze..” Kotetsu yelled as they went their house in the opposite direction.

Continue Reading