Not A Damsel in Distress

By WriterAnisha_2307

Previously titled as Arrogant's Smart Wife. ..... Abandoned on the next day of Marriage, Kavya is forced to l... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Chapter Fourty One
Chapter Fourty Two
Chapter Fourty Three
Chapter Fourty Four
Chapter Fourty Five
Chapter Fourty Six
Chapter Fourty Seven
Chapter Fourty Eight
Chapter Fourty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Part Sixty Five: Their Unconditional Love
Part 66: The Raichands'
Bonus Part 1: Honeymoon Preparation
Bonus Part 2: Honeymoon - 1
Bonus Part 3: Honeymoon - 2

Chapter Five

29.3K 1.5K 161
By WriterAnisha_2307

Raichand Mansion

Armaan enters the Mansion, Yash and Sonia are following right behind. He makes his way towards the staircase at the middle of the living room, but Yash stops him by calling his name. Yash gestures Sonia to proceed towards their room after Armaan halts and turns to face his father.

Yash threatens Armaan after Sonia left, "I hope you impressed Kavya. I expect only 'Yes' from her or else you know I never go back from my words."

Armaan loses his calmness and snaps at his father, "Dad, I have tried my best, if still she denies then it's not my fault. You can't punish me, if she doesn't agree to marry me."

Yash observes the frustration in his son's eyes, but says nothing in response.

Armaan burst out unable to control his anger, "First, you call me here and I obeyed because I assumed, you need me in work. But no, you shock me by mentioning of my marriage. You give me only 2 hours for making my mind to marry Kavya. Still, I agreed to do everything you said for the sake of the company, but if she denies for other reason, then don't blame me."

Armaan turns around and marches to his room while Yash stands there and thinks, 'Still concerned about the company.'

Kavya and Myra's Room, Kapoor Mansion

Myra walks out of the washroom after changing in nightwear and finds her sister standing at the window. She walks towards her and stands next to her.

Myra asks, glancing out, "So?"

Kavya replies without looking at her, "I am confused. He seems good and Papa has selected, so he can't be wrong."

Myra turns to face her sister and asks, "Now, how will you decide?"

Kavya states while turning to face her sister, "Myra, I observed he is hiding something. I mean I could see in his eyes, he was willing to say something, but didn't share."

Myra grins and teases her sister, "Wow didu, in one meeting, you read his eyes. Did you both have a filmy style eye-lock?"

Kavya glares at Myra and she giggles in response. Kavya scolds her, "It's serious Myra."

Myra stops giggling and nods in understanding while saying, "Ok sorry. What will you do now?"

Kavya turns to sit on the edge of the bed and faces her sister, "I want to meet him once again."

Myra agrees, "Yeah, it's better to meet again, if you are confused. You will not make any mistake in deciding."

Kavya nods in response and asks, "But I have already asked for a day, now how will I ask for another meeting? What will they think?"

Myra and Kavya jump in fear hearing their father's voice, "What do you mean by 'what will they think?' This matters your entire life Kavya."

They turn to explore a worried Ranveer entering the room and making his way towards Kavya who stands up in shock.

Ranveer continues, while looking at her with concern, "If you think you need another meeting, then I will talk with Yash. I don't want you to feel pressured and take a wrong decision. I want-"

Ranveer stops seeing his both daughters glaring at him. Kavya and Myra fold their arms and raise their eyebrows.

Myra takes a step forward while asking, "So you were listening to our talks secretly? Again?"

Ranveer opens his mouth to protest, but Kavya interrupts while taking a step forward in the level to Myra,"Didn't you promise before, you will give us privacy to have sisters talk?"

Ranveer stammers while saying, "Y-yes but-"

Myra complains while placing her both hands on her waist, "Bad manners Papa."

Kavya supports her sister, "Exactly, do we secretly hear your and Mamma's conversation? Terrible stunt, Papa."

Ranveer places his hands on each daughter's shoulder and defends himself, "No, this is a responsible stunt."

Ranveer says, looking at Kavya, "Princess, I have the right to know, if you are taking a right decision or not."

Then he turns to face Myra while continuing, "And Angel, don't you think as a father, I should help her in the most important decision of her life? What if she makes a mistake in confusion? Shouldn't I help her?"

Kavya and Myra look at each other then at Ranveer and both nod together. He smiles and informs, "That's why, I am here to help."

Ranveer pushes his daughter's shoulders to move them behind and sit on the edge of the bed. Then he turns around to sit in the middle and wraps his left arm around Myra, and right arm around Kavya.

Ranveer asks Kavya at his right, "So you need another meeting?" 

She nods in response while lowering her gaze. He again asks, "When and where?"

Kavya shrugs her shoulders after looking at him and Myra suggests, "Why don't you both go for lunch tomorrow?"

Ranveer agrees with her, "Yeah, that will be a good idea."

Kavya nods, but gets a thought and shares, "But, I am thinking to call him at the NGO."

Ranveer and Myra look at her in surprise and ask in the union, "NGO?"

Kavya nods and explains, "Papa, Armaan is a good person, but is he really good or just for the sake of this meeting he acted well. I am not doubting your choice, but I don't want problems in future. So let's call him at the NGO, it will be the best place to judge him."

Ranveer asks with uncertainty, "Are you sure? He might feel offended."

Kavya insists her father to agree, "But in-between orphan kids, disabled people and senior citizens, I can judge him well. I will know his true nature. Please Papa, I told you I will marry an ordinary person, but not an arrogant and selfish businessman. For me, his behaviour matters, not his capacity to earn."

Ranveer smiles, thinking her daughter is not greedy and money minded like the daughters of his friends and relative.

He agrees with a nod and states, "Alright, I will talk to Yash tomorrow morning for sending Armaan at the NGO to pick you for lunch. Then how you make him stay for the judging mission is in your hands."

Kavya smiles and Ranveer instructs in a serious tone, "But Kavu you have to be careful, he should not be hurt in this process. Whether you say yes or no, his feelings should be protected. He should not feel insulted or offended by anyway."

Kavya assures with a smile, "Don't worry, I will take care of it."

Ranveer replies, "Good. Now sleep, it's too late."

The girls nod and move to lay on the bed. Ranveer plants a kiss on their foreheads and cover them with duvet while wishing "Good Night" and leaves the room after switching off the lights.

Yash and Sonia's Room, Raichand Mansion

After changing in nightwear, Yash sits on his king-size bed resting his back on the white leather headboard. He covers his legs with beige color silk duvet and glances at his right where his wife is sitting on a chair in front of the dressing table. He observes her engrossed in deep thoughts while brushing her long black hair.

Yash calls her by her name to grab her attention and asks after she faces him through the mirror, "What are you thinking Sonia?"

Sonia stands up and walks towards the bed while asking, "Do you think what we are doing is correct? I mean we are showing a fake Armaan and hiding everything that can make them deny for marriage. Yash, Kavya is a nice and understanding girl, can't we-"

Yash raises his hand to stop her and states, "I want Armaan to marry Kavya and I will do anything which convinces the Kapoor family for this alliance."

Sonia reasons, "One day, Kavya will know the truth. Armaan won't be able to maintain this fake image for long."

Yash informs, "Which will happen only after marriage, so stop thinking about it and sleep."

Sonia objects, "But-"

Yash interrupts in a stern tone, "Sonia, I know what I am doing, so enough of this discussion."

Without giving time to Sonia to react, Yash slides down and lays straight on the bed. He closes his eyes and rests his hand on his stomach to sleep. 

Sonia sighs in defeat and thinks, 'I hope Kavya doesn't suffer in this mess.'

Armaan's Room

Armaan lays on his stomach, wearing a black track suit with his laptop ahead and elbows resting on the bed. He chats with Rihan through the video call.

Rihan inquires, "So, how is Kavya?"

Armaan announces, "I will never forgive my father for forcing me to marry that girl. She is a damn social worker."

Rihan states with a frown, "Being a social worker isn't bad, she must be caring in nature."

Armaan replies, "What would I do with her caring nature? And she said she is some nutritionist."

Rihan chuckles and states, "Now, there is your benefit. You will have a healthy diet after marriage, thanks to her."

Armaan snaps, "It's not funny, Rihan and she said something else as well."

He frowns, while attempting to recollect her exact words and Rihan states after rolling his eyes, "Armaan, if I ask you what we discussed two months back in the office, I can guarantee you will remember. But what she said two hours back, you don't even remember."

Armaan justifies, "I don't remember because I was least interested in what she does in her life. My only concern is her approval to marry me, so Dad doesn't snatch back the rights. Plus, I was desperate to escape from that place as it was suffocating to sit and-"

He stop, recalling the discomfort, he experienced after lying to Kavya and voicing his false consent to marry her. He didn't hesitate to lie during his false story to seek forgiveness for snapping at her and explain why he doesn't mind staying away from parents. Yet the single 'Yes' for expressing his approval to marry her, affected him.

Rihan demands, breaking his chain of thoughts, "And what?"

Armaan pushes his thoughts away and answers, "And I am not habitual to informal conversations. I don't understand the motive of casual chats, you neither learn anything important nor get any benefit. Just waste of time on unproductive topics."

Rihan exhales, while shaking his head in disbelief and murmurs, "I have started to feel pity on Kavya already."

Armaan demands with an angry frown, "What did you say?"

Rihan thinks of an excuse to save himself from Arrogant's wrath and informs, "You need to sleep, so you can wake up at 5 am for the video conference with the Los Angeles client."

Mention of work distracted Armaan from Rihan's earlier unheard remark and glances at the clock at his side table to know its 11 pm. He agrees to sleep and they bid farewell, then Armaan sleeps after tossing his tablet aside.

Next Morning

Study Room, Raichand Mansion

At 10 am, Yash enters the study room and finds Armaan sitting on the execute chair, wearing a black suit. He watches his son shutting the laptop after ending the conference call with the Los Angeles client.

Armaan faces his father, who informs, "Ranveer called me to send you for lunch with Kavya. You have to pick her from the NGO where she works. She needs another meeting to decide."

Armaan rolls his eyes in annoyance and states in irritation, "My work is suffering, Dad. I had to call Rihan twice to get certain data from the reports, which are kept in my Mumbai office. Even yesterday I couldn't work, my 5 hours were wasted in that worthless tutoring and dinner meet. Now she wants to meet for lunch. What is her problem?"

Yash responds in a dominating tone, "Work can be done later. We are Raichands, people beg to work with us, so if you don't work for a few days, neither are we turning bankrupt nor losing any business. So get ready for lunch and wear something casual, don't go wearing that suit."

Armaan glares at his last statement and Yash continues, "I will ask someone to arrange flowers, give it to Kavya, she will like it. I want a 'Yes' Armaan, this is the last chance. Don't disappoint me."

Yash turns to leave without giving Armaan an opportunity to argue with him. Armaan grabs the pen holder from the desk and throws on the floor in frustration.

Armaan murmurs,  "Dad is impossible and that Kavya, she-"

Armaan pauses, remembering Kavya's words last night, 'Do you even want to marry me....If you are not willing to marry me, then we can discuss this now and clear it. I don't want problems to arise in future.'

He fails to blame Kavya for the marriage after she asked about his opinion. Her concern for his consent was visible in her eyes. However, his father didn't think of his opinion for once and blackmailed him to marry Kavya. Now he was confident for only blaming his father and no one else.

Armaan sighs in helplessness, while standing up and moves towards the exit of the study room.

Helping Hand NGO

Kavya reaches for work at her usual time and moves towards the kitchen to start her work. She wears a black apron to protect her blue chiffon top and white pants from spoiling. She starts instructing the chefs for lunch preparations. Then she greets Ruhi, who demands the details of the dinner with Raichand family.

Ruhi looks at Kavya with her hung mouth and wide eyes after knowing she has called Armaan at the NGO to judge him. 

Ruhi asks stock, "Are you even serious? You called him, no. You called THE ARMAAN YASH RAICHAND here to judge him. Kavya this is not a good idea."

Kavya nods in confidence while replying, "It is. Now go and ask the security guard to inform, when he sees an expensive car entering the premises."

Ruhi asks with doubt, "You are 100% sure, right?"

Kavya shows Ruhi a knife in gesture to attack and glares at her. Ruhi's eyes widen in terror and she rushes to inform security guard.

Outside the NGO

At 12 pm, Armaan reaches at the NGO and steps out of his black Porshe Panamera car. He is wearing a white shirt and dark blue jeans with brown blazer. He looks around for Kavya, but couldn't find her.

Armaan takes his phone from his jeans pocket and opens the contact list to call Kavya. Then curses under his breath, realising he doesn't have her number.

Armaan murmurs, "What do I do now?"

He searches around and sees many, yet unfamiliar faces, except Kavya. He locates the Office board and moves in that direction to ask for her.

Though on the way, Armaan is hit on his right arm by a ball with great force. He is stunned by the sudden attack and becomes angry in a flick of a second.

Armaan sees his right arm, which has brown stains because of the dirt on the ball. His clenches his fist and turns to his right with anger burning in his eyes from where the ball was thrown.

*************

That's all for now.....will update next part as soon as possible.....hope you liked this part, do give your reviews...till then Keep Smiling and Take Care

My contact details:

Wattpad Profile - @WriterAnisha_2307
Email- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Hangout- sweetyanisha2307@gmail.com
Facebook - Anisha (Link - https://www.facebook.com/worldofanisha)
Twitter - worldofanisha
Instagram- Anisha_23_07

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

141K 8.3K 68
Twenty-four-year-old Kashvi Acharya doesn't want to get married. Especially when she's at the turning point of her career. She wants to work, progres...
926K 57.7K 68
Three brothers Three brides Three stories All interconnected to each other Every couple has a problem and a story to support it. Let's find out will...
1.7M 72K 70
It's time to fall for cocky, charming, and handsome Billionaire! Or is it? Anyways, life gives you what you never expected out of it in the mess wher...
235K 14.2K 67
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...