The Favour

By the_flightless_bird

Annabeth who has supernatural powers, meets the god of mischief and lies. He thinks he can finally gain rev... More

chapter1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
...
chapter 22.
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25

chapter 11

381 26 5
By the_flightless_bird

Hardcore supernatural fans will recognize this song. It suits the last parts of this chapter!

By the way, I cannot believe I finished ten chapters and that someone is actually reading them. To whoever is reading this. I love you!
----------------------------------------------

Screams reverberate the halls and then I realize that it is I who is screaming.

I look down from where I lie on the table. The doctors stand, there is a blowtorch in their hand. They are testing if I am resistant to heat. Apparently not, as my leg has second degree burns.

Then they inject me with something. It burns, my breathing becomes laboured. I want to scream, but when I open my mouth, no sound comes.

It had been 3 years of this. We have all become quiet no one talks anymore. Peter doesn't joke. Ned doesn't sing. I don't laugh. I even forgot what Mira sounds like.

I was 15 when I was brought here. Mira was 14, Peter 23, Ned was 18, and Annie was 15 too. We used to be best friends I knew each of them since I was 5.

There was never a dull moment with us. We played pranks and laughed, showed off our powers. We were extraordinarily gifted. We had so many dreams, we wanted to help people.

Annie was a like a mermaid! I could move things with my mind and could manipulate people into doing what I wanted.

Peter could turn invisible and could teleport. Ned could turn into any animal he wanted to. Mira could manipulate fire and water.

Now, we all sit here, alone, quiet. We may look the same behind all the bruises. But inside we're broken, dead. We are nothing.

We get tortured day in and day out, we have forgotten what the sun looks like. We have forgotten the beauty of a sunset, the happiness of a home cooked meal, the simple joy of a windy day. Now we know dark walls and painful injections.

The saddest thing? No one cares.And no one's coming.

-------------------------------------------

LOKI'S POV:

"Loki! I'm going to the diner, feed the cat. I'll come back at night, if I'm still alive. "

I lift my head up from the bed in indignation. How dare she order me to feed that disgusting feline? I was a God.

Yet, I remembered that I need her to my plans.

"Of course. "

She peeps into my room, "did you just agree? "

I nod. She says, "oh! Maybe I will die today. "

I clench my jaw to which she giggles. Then she leaves.

I slowly get up and move to the kitchen. Were I in asgard I would have the servants bring me food. Sigh.

I eat some bread and look at the feline. It was a stray cat, it had deep brown and white fur. It looked at me and then walked over to me and began rubbing against my legs.

"Oh, I see you have warmed upto me, seeing as I have the power to leave you starving."

So I feed it, much to my chagrin. And watch it eat. Maybe it wasn't so disgusting after all.

I think about annabeth, how she screamed in her sleep. She never really told me about it. She was a nice human. Better than other filthy humans anyway. But I Must not get ahead of myself. She was a means to an end that favoured me. That's all.
---------------------------------------------

"Look James, this is your last chance. Get her angry, get her on tape, get her caught. Do you understand? "

"Yes sir. " I nod.

"You gonna take Ben? "

"No, I'm going alone. "

I decide to show everyone who this freak really is. She may have escaped that day, but not today. Not today.

I drive up to the diner in the noon and walk in. She stiffenes upon seeing me. Now my plan unfolds!!

---------------------------------------------

The day had started fine. Few people had stared at me, because of the cut on my face. But other than that it was fine. Until, James walked in. I involuntarily stiffened as I saw him.

This isn't good. He is probably planning something. I ask Vanessa to take his order, but she was busy. So I muster up my courage and walk over to his table.

"What will you have? "

"What's the unique? "

"You mean special? "

"Right. "

"Umm we have the steak? "

"Ok, I'll have that. "

Ok he was not so bad. Maybe he is ok now? No, who am I kidding. I sigh and give his order to the chef.

As I cater around I notice him making a lot of eye contact with other customers. A pang of worry strikes me.

I give him his order and he proceeds to eat. As I walk towards the counter he yells, " hey! "

I turn to him ( I won't lie, my heart was beating fast), "y.. yes? "

"Its undercooked. Trying to kill me with amoebiasis? "

"Um.. I'm sorry, I'll get it cooked. "

I give it back to the chef and turn then someone else shouts, " hey! This soup is cold? "

Other shouts also come as,
" this water is too warm. "

"I think this pasta is mushy"

Pretty soon, every customer is shouting at me. I become flustered. No no.don't lose control.

I try to reason with them, but they keep staring at me and complaining. I keep talking but no one listens.

Finally one man says, " this freak is doing it on purpose. "

That was it

"DONT. Call. Me. FREAK! " I shout and at once every piece of cutlery flies in the air.

The tables begin to wobble and everyone goes silent.

"I know what you're trying to do and you know what? I don't care. Yes, I have powers. I am better than all of you. "

I look over at James, he is smiling. I lose all self control.

"YOU! THIS IS YOUR BLOODY FAULT!"

His face drains of color as I walk toward him and hold up his collar. I pick him up like a feather and throw him against the wall. The wall cracks. Then I pull him and throw him straight through the wall

Then my anger dissipates and all the floating objects come crashing down.

Oh shitake mushrooms.

I grab my keys and run out. At first people get scared of me and let me go. As I drive away they get angrier. They're probably gonna kick me out of my house. Literally.

I drive as fast as possible, nearly dying five times. Finally I reach home and bang on the door.

"Loki! Open up. NOW! "

He opens the door and i push him aside.

"Pack all of our stuff."

" Why? Are you ok? What happened? You're crying. "

I feel my face and yeah, sure enough I am crying. I shake my head, " I lost control. Everyone knows, I think they're coming. "

He needs no more coaxing. he runs and collects all the valuables I have and some of his clothes.

I take out a box from my cupboard and a cage for coco. I also collect whatever money I have. We run out the door and just in time as well. Cars are speeding toward us.

I always thought that monsters were killed by villagers with pitchforks. But this is too damn real.

We get in the car, as they get closer. And I ram the pedal. We speed out of there. In the rearview mirror I see the villagers set fire to the house.

The one place I had, was destroyed.

I yell out in frustration and hit the steering wheel.

" abusing the car won't help. "

"Thank you captain obvious, I did not realize that. Do you have any other obvious and useless information for me? "

"Do not mock me. How could you lose control?"

"Have you seen twenty people complaining about insignificant stuff simultaneously? It's enough "

"A crawling ant would make you lose control, you are that unhinged. I assume this time someone called you a freak and you let your temper crawl out. "

I look at him, "I am not unhinged. And I dont know what you're talking about "

"You get angry whenever someone tells you that you are a freak. Do not insult my intelligence. "

"I can't insult things that weren't present in the first place can I? "

"Watch how you talk to me or... "

"Or what? You'll kill me? Apparently there will be a line! "

We drive on in silence for half an hour there is nothing on either side of the road. It's deserted. Then I hear the sound that I know too well.

"Loki?"

"What? "

" I'm so sorry. I should've told you."

He stares at me before saying,
"You're not apologizing about the insults are you? "

" No, I'm apologizing for this."

As I talk a helicopter flies down on the grounds near us. I stop the car and pick up coco. Loki looks disturbed.

"They're SHIELD! how did they find where I was?"

"Because.. they aren't here just for you." He stares at me in utter confusion and I shrug. "They're here for me too"

"ANNABETH STONE. COME OUT OF THE VEHICLE."

I step out with coco and stand as fifty men with guns surround me. Then I see the man I loathe.

"Fury! You came? You're 8 years late!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.6K 2.9K 21
*~COMPLETE~* Freya, the Goddess of Love lives in Asgard with her two older brothers, God of Thunder Thor and the God of Mischief Loki. Her mother Fr...
22 1 15
What happens when Ellis inadvertently brings herself to the attention of the God of mischief and lies? Will she be able to turn the tables on him? W...
149K 5.1K 27
D-84, a H.Y.D.R.A. assassin, works alone. Loneliness is normal for her. At least, until she meets the person who will change her life for good. Loki...
6.3K 210 21
At first, Alison Carter didn't know Loki. For her, everything was normal. Getting in the army, having two bestfriends, being with Howard and having t...