In Love With The Game || Core...

By mialuvlyy

"You may think I'm in love with the game, but I'm not. I'm in love with you. " Julia Pederson, is the younger... More

Chapter 1 : My Home
Chapter 2 : Left and Right
Chapter 3 : Ruin Me
Chapter 4 : Worst Things
Chapter 5 : Sibling Love
Chapter 6 : Liberty
Chapter 7 : Deserve
Soundtrack
Chapter 8 : Kiss and Tell
Chapter 9 : Cute
Chapter 10 : Little Sister
Chapter 11 : How Do I Dress For A Date
Chapter 12 : Truly Falling
Chapter 13 : Movie Night
Chapter 14 : Sick
Chapter 15 : Kill Me
Chapter 16 : Family Reunions
Chapter 17 : Use Me
Chapter 18 : Unbelievable
Chapter 19 : You Don't Know
Chapter 20 : How Hurt
Chapter 21 : Fake
Chapter 22 : First Day
Chapter 23 : Dead Meat
Chapter 24 : The Boys
Chapter 25 : Ederson
Chapter 26 : Closer
Chapter 27 : Million Dollar Smile
Chapter 28 : She's Perfect
Chapter 29 : OTP
Chapter 30 : What Did You Do
Chapter 31 : Say Goodbye
Chapter 32 : Danger In A Coffee Shop
Chapter 34 : Can't You See
Chapter 35 : The Worst
Chapter 36 : Yelich?
Chapter 37 : Mixed With Hate
Chapter 38 : Elevators
Chapter 39 : Therapy
Chapter 40 : Love, Corey
Chapter 41 : Seager Smooth
Chapter 42 : Prove Yourself
Chapter 43 : I'm In Love With You
Chapter 44 : What You've Done To Me
Chapter 45 : Marriage?
Chapter 46 : Blues
Chapter 47 : Close Strings
Chapter 48: Brother
Chapter 49 : You Just Don't Know
Chapter 50 : Beautiful Death
Chapter 51 : Letting Go
Chapter 52 : Sleeping Beauty
Chapter 53 : There She Goes
Chapter 54 : Stronger Without Him
Chapter 55 : I Lost Her
Chapter 56 : Rethink
Chapter 57 : Back In Time
Chapter 58 : Needed You
Chapter 59 : Changed Woman
Chapter 60 : Last Night
Chapter 61 : The Rock
Chapter 62 : Gas Pedal
Chapter 63 : Sound
Chapter 64 : Not So Loyal Corey
Chapter 65 : Let Me Go
Chapter 66 : Running Back
Chapter 67 : The Party Love Pt. 1
Chapter 68 : The Party Love Pt. 2
Chapter 69 : Mothers and Fathers
Chapter 70 : Gone
Chapter 71 : This Is It

Chapter 33 : Make My Day

1.9K 48 3
By mialuvlyy

10 votes and 2 comments for next chapter
Two days have passed and Corey and I haven't been doing so great since I've been focusing on my case. Dylan is still in a coma, I just came home from visiting him and was not prepared to get a lectured from Corey. I now have a cut in my left side of my forehead and a big bruise on my thigh. You can count on Corey to give me a lecture about my safety tonight.

Joc bursts through the front door along with Trayce and Corey. "Hey boys." I say standing up. "Not now Julia." Corey says walking straight to the stairs. "Hang on, what's that?" He asks pointing to the tape cloth on my forehead. "Nothing." I say pushing his hand away as he slowly brings his hand up to it to see what's underneath.

"Julia Pederson what have you been up to?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "She's fighting a brick wall." Trayce jokes. "Now's not the time." Corey says glaring at him before turning to me. "What happened now?" He asks. "Nothing, I'm fine." I say shaking my head. "Julia don't lie to me." Corey says making my head face him.

I sigh and shrug. "Corey don't worry about me, playoffs are right around the corner. You should be focusing on that." I say. "No Julia I can handle that, but I also need to focus on you. You are important to me also." Corey says. "I know I am, but baseball is your job. So do it like I do mine." I say before kissing his cheek and walking upstairs.

~*~
The next day I wake up at five in the morning from multiple phone calls from Kelly, Sam, and Travis. "Corey." I say as his grip around my waist tightens as I try to stand up. "Yes." He groans. "Babe I gotta go." I say placing my hand over his arm around my waist.

"Why?" He asks groaning. "Travis thinks he found the guy that did all this." I say turning to him. "Okay then." He says letting me go. I smile and slip out of the bed and walk towards the bathroom.

I walk in and begin to change into some jeans a plain white shirt, and a green cargo jacket. Once my hair is fixed and my makeup is all set I walk out and face Corey sitting up on the bed without a shirt and some gym shorts. "Good morning." He says standing up. "Good morning." I say grabbing my wallet and keys off the nightstand.

"I'll walk you out." He says picking up his shirt off the floor. I nod and he slips it on before grabbing my hand and leading me to the staircase.

"Be careful Julia, I don't wanna see another cut, bruise, or anything that causes harm to your body. Promise?" Corey asks. I nod and lean up to kiss him. "Morning breath." I say scrunching up my nose. "Oh shush you love it." Corey smirks. I smile and we reach the front door. "Tomorrow night." I say kissing his cheek. "What about it?" He asks. "We are going out on a date." I say winking. Corey smiles and I wave at him before going to my car.

~*~

I get to the office and find the boys packing bags. "Here." Jeffrey says tossing me a bag. "Get your things ready, we're going out in twenty." He says looking down at his watch. I nod and begin to pack the weapons needed and grabbing a bullet proof vest then slipping it under my shirt since we'll be going undercover for this case.

"So you know what Cole Richardson looks like?" Kelly asks walking into the room. I shake my head and she points to her iPad showing me a picture of Cole. "We have a feeling that it's him causing this trouble." She says. I nod and grab my bag off the table and walking towards Kelly's car.

"Let's get going."

"Does your sister know about Cole?" Travis asks slipping into the backseat of Kelly's car. "No, everyone was sleeping this morning besides Corey. But he doesn't even know about Cole Richardson he just knows that we have a new suspect." I say. Travis nods and Kelly backs out of her parking space and takes off to the place Cole is suppose to be at.

~*~
We get to a small breakfast diner and instantly find our undercover cop with Cole eating. "How are they doing?" I ask Sam as I sit next to her on the bench across from the diner. "Just fine, Cole hasn't admitted to hurting Dylan though." Sam says opening her newspaper. I nod and grab my ear piece to hear the conversation.

Shortly after the breakfast date Cole and Lily leave the diner and go into Cole's car. "We can't lose them, Travis follow them." I say. "Sure thing." Travis says before climbing into Kelly's car and taking off.

I check my watch, "Where should they be heading to?" I ask Sam. Sam shrugs and listens closely to the conversation. "Manhattan beach." She says. I nod and we both walk to her car.

We make our way to Manhattan beach and as soon as we get there Jeffrey had Cole pinned to the floor. "He confessed." He says as I run to him. "Are you sure?" I ask not remembering Cole saying anything about Dylan. "I'm sure Julia." He says handcuffing him. I nod and Travis takes Cole and places him into the backseat of a cop car. "Our work here is done I think. I need a break on this case. We'll question him tomorrow." Travis says checking his watch.

"Okay, Kelly mind taking me back to the office?" I ask. "Sure thing get in." She says smiling. I smile at her before waving to everyone else and climbing into the car.

"Corey called me." Kelly says motioning to her phone to show me the missed calls from him. "I wonder why." I say looking down at my phone to see nothing from him. "He was making sure you were safe." Kelly says scrolling through the text messages. "How sweet of him." She says smiling. I blush and Kelly winks before taking off.

We get back to the office and I decide to support the boys tonight since I still had time to make the batting practice on time.

I climb into my car and drive off to Dodger Stadium. My phone rings a few times as Joc and Trayce try to get ahold of my, but since I didn't have bluetooth I couldn't answer the phone. Yes I'm one of those people who take driving seriously  and think talking to people while driving is dangerous.

Surprisingly I got to the stadium quickly. I grab my Seager jersey from the backseat then begin to walk to the clubhouse.

"Hey Julia." Clayton says walking towards me. "Hey Clayton." I say smiling at him. "Mind taking Cali for awhile?" He asks. I smile, "Of course not." I say as he hands me Cali. I smile at her and she giggles. "Thank you so much." Clayton says before giving me a side hug and walking onto the field.

"Hey babe." I say as Corey walks up to me. "Hi princess." He says leaning down to kiss me. I blush and feel the butterflies in my stomach at the sound of 'princess'. "How was work?" Corey asks raising an eyebrow. "It was fine." I say nodding. "Catch any bad guys?" He asks. "Yes the bad guys. So no more late nights at the office." I say smiling ear to ear. Corey smiles also and leans down to kiss me. "Good." I nod and we both walk to the field to watch batting practice.

"Hey boys." I say as Corey hands me his glove. "Hi Julia." They say waving. "I'm going to the outfield to catch some pop flies." I tell Corey. "You sure you can handle a baby with you?" Corey asks. "I'm capable of doing it. Trust me." I say. "Here I got her." Ellen says walking onto the field. "Thank you Julia." She says. I nod and smile at her before kissing Corey and running to the outfield.

"Wow Julia out her doing big things." Kiké jokes. I smile and Joc goes up to bat. "What's up Julia." Justin says as he joins us. "Nothing." I say chuckling as Joc hits a line drive to me. I quickly get it and turn to the fans in the left field pavilion and toss it to one of the kids I see.

"How are things with Corey?" Justin asks. I shrug, "We've been okay I guess." "Why do you say that?" Kiké asks. "I just been so caught up in my job and the same with him since playoffs are around the corner. We barley see each other now that I don't work here full time." I say as I point to the pop fly going to Kiké. "I see." Kiké says. I nod and Corey runs towards us.

"You're wanted in the dugout." Corey says. I nod and jog back with him. I walk towards Dave and he smiles at me. "Good afternoon Julia. This weekend we are in Seattle, are you going with us?" Dave asks. I nod and he writes something down.

"We are bringing up José De León tonight, I want you to show him around and get him warmed up for tonight's game." Dave says. I nod and a unknown face walks into the dugout.

"This is Jośe." Dave says. "Jośe this is one of our trainers Julia." I smile and shake his hand. "Let's start with the clubhouse shall we?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 478 34
A vivacious and quirky story revolving around the bond between a talented young baseball player named Trayce Thompson and an unconventional aspiring...
87.4K 872 28
~~Completed~~ You and best friend go to a Los Angeles Dodgers game and you end up bumping into Number 35. Is it a dream?
753K 47.7K 35
Formerly known as Hall of Fame / Peyton loves baseball. Losing his ace pitcher brother turned Santiago away from the game. Can she make him fall for...
203K 2.7K 50
"baby watching you break is like going through hell" trigger warning: contains and/or mentions: eating disorders, depression, sexual assault, and ph...