Ghost // Frerard

By zenoofthedawn

Frank Iero finds himself in a pit of depression and mixed thoughts and decides to finally end his life, but a... More

1: Burden
2: Guilt
3: Saved
4: Confidence
6: Found

5: Apologies

791 65 65
By zenoofthedawn

It had been 13 hours since Frank had confessed his feelings to Gerard, and Gerard hadn't said anything, but Frank couldn't blame him, it was a lot to take in and Frank felt bad for dumping that on him like that.

Frank hadn't spoken anything else since then except for an apology before he tried to go to sleep which had take a lot longer than he wanted it to, but he finally drifted off in the early hours of the morning.

When he had woke, he checked his alarm clock, seeing it was only seven, he had only slept for a maximum of five hours and he knew he wouldn't been getting anymore sleep.

Gerard wasn't in his room when he woke up which wasn't usual or expected and Frank felt instanlty guilty for scaring him off, but now it was twelve in the afternoon and Gerard still wasn't back yet.

He had thought maybe Gerard was just invisible but he had asked him to show himself and Gerard never did. He felt a twinge of pain in his chest when he didn't get an answer, but he hadn't left his room all morning and so Gerard could've been just outside the door.

But it still bothered him that Gerard was out there and Frank was in here. More than anything he wanted Gerard to just come back and pretend he had never said what he said, because he was afraid that this had changed things.

They were powerful words, and he didn't know how powerful they were until he said them. They were a make or break really, unless Gerard was willing to look past it, look past the stupid human boy that fell for a ghost.

He decided that he would go find Gerard, so he stepped out of bed, looking for the dark haired beauty that filled his mind constantly, because Frank thought about him more than he thought about anything else.

He made his to his door, his hand hesitantly resting on the handle. He couldn't lie, he was nervous, terrified of facing Gerard, if he faced Gerard that is, Gerard could just make himself disappear. But Frank didn't think Gerard would do that, Gerard wouldn't do that, not forever, would he?

Frank tried not to think about that possibility as he left his room and made his way to the loungeroom, seeing his parents sitting together, watching something on tv, not acknowledging Frank as they seemed to be too into what ever they were watching to notice him which didn't bother him as he was looking for Gerard.

And he found Gerard sat on a chair on the veranda reading one of Frank's comic books, he was always reading comic books and Frank loved him even more now considering they shared interests like these.

Gerard, much like Frank's parents, seemed to be too into what he what he was reading to notice Frank, but Frank didn't mind, he thought Gerard was cute when he was reading, hell, he thought he was cute all the time.

Frank stood there for a moment, not sure exactly what to say, does he just say hi? Good morni- afternoon? He decided to just pretend last night didn't happen, that the words never left his mouth, and just talk to Gerard like normal.

But instead, when he opened his mouth to speak, all that left was a sob, capturing Gerard's attention immediately. He looked over, seeing Frank who was stood there, feeling ashamed as he began crying, the sight breaking Gerard's heart.

He stood up, running over to the other boy who was now breaking down in his arms, Gerard immediately picked him up and carried him around the house, walking to Frank's room that way, as he didn't want Frank's parents to see Frank floating about, which would be admittedly funny, but maybe not right now.

He sat on Frank's bed, the boy in his arms as he cried his poor little heart put and Gerard decided that he had cried enough, not just today but in his life overall, he held him close to himself, knowing how Frank felt about him.

Truth is, Gerard felt the same way, he had fallen for this teenager in his arms, but he was honest to say that he was shocked when Frank had told him, it gave Gerard butterflies thinking about it.

Frank was blubbering to Gerard in his chest, not loud enough for his family to hear from a few rooms down, thankfully, and Gerard ran his hands through the boys hair, knowing how much he liked it.

"I'm sorry Gerard, I know you don't feel the same and I'm just some pathetic kid to you, I'm sorry that I feel this way I-" Frank cried, his words messing up as he spoke them but that was okay, because he wasn't speaking anymore, he was frozen.

Gerard's lips had come into contact with his own and all thoughts ceased in his mind from the pleasant sensation on his lips and he moved his own with Gerard's, he decided that this was his new favourie feeling in the world, even better than the feeling of Gerard's hands in his hair.

Frank put all his passion in to the kiss and Gerard did the same, not wanting what they both had unknowing waited for, to end.

Eventually they had to pull away so Frank could breath, and they stared at eachother for a minute, memorised by the others beauty before Gerard spoke, filling Frank's stomach with butterflies.

"I love you too," he whispered and Frank smiled, kissing him again but only for a few seconds this time. They spent the rest of the day just cuddling, going back to normal, but this time with small kisses in between.

But Frank asked about something he regretted almost immediately considering Gerard's reaction but he didn't really expect it.

"Why do you never talk about your family?" Gerard tensed up at the question and Frank immediatly apologised before Gerard silenced him with lip on lip contact.

"Like I said, I was a disappointment to them, my parents and my brother, so when I... died, they moved away, I don't know where to, but I think I heard them mention California," Gerard shrugged off like it didn't bother him, "I don't like to think or talk about them, sorry."

"It's okay, I shouldn't have brought it up, i'm sorry," Frank said, and Gerard just smiled before they curled up together again.

-

Frank was at dinner with his family, some resturant to celebrate Frank getting better or something, either way, they really wanted to celebrate Frank finally feeling better and really, he wasn't going to turn it down.

He told Gerard to stay home as he knew he wouldn't want to leave with that odd feeling he always had when he left the area of the house, so he smiled and said it was fine when Gerard had protested.

Really, Gerard was thankful, he would've went with Frank in a heartbeat but if he could stay home, he would, he was okay with that, he knew Frank would be fine without him.

It's not like it was another therapist appointment, Gerard would've went whether Frank wanted him to or not, knowing that he made it easier for his boyfriend- well, they hadn't really said what they were but boyfriend seemed to fit for now.

Franklin had ordered some alcoholic drink, telling Frank he could have a little bit but only a little, which Frank denied when he remembered that that was how Gerard had died. Franklin was confused but shrugged it off, saying 'more for us' before pouring a glass for Linda and himself.

"So Frank," Linda smiled at her son, "how are you feeling?"

Frank smiled, he had felt a lot better, he thanked Gerard for that, Gerard is the only reason he was actually getting through everything.

"I'm good mum," he smiled and his mother than smiled in return, cutting a piece of whatever she was eating, Frank didn't pay attention to what she had ordered and he really couldn't tell what it was.

It looked alive though.

"That's good honey," she said when she finished her mouthful, smiling at her son again. "We actually have something we need to tell you, I don't think you'll mind but we need to let you know anyway."

Frank looked at his mother in confusion, than to his dad, looking between this with his eyebrows raised as he sat across from them, his father decided to answer as he put down his utensils to speak.

"We're moving," he smiled warmly, Linda smiling as well.

Frank froze, in fact, the world seemed to freeze for a moment as he let this slowly sunk in, he looked between them, anxiety filling up his gut, he began feeling his nerves build up in his stomach.

"But-" he began, only to be cut off by his mother.

"Don't worry, we're still going to be living here, just not in our current house," she smiled, thinking that he would be fine once he heard that, "besides our new house has a pool, that's actually why we're moving, that and the loud neighbours, me and your father have been having a debate about getting a pool for ages, and now that summer is approaching we have a reason now."

"But why can't you just get build one in the backyard?" Frank asked, feeling sick as he pushed the rest of his dinner away.

"Buying a new house is just easier and a lot less expensive," his father said, shrugging, "and the neighbours have been driving me insane, as well as your mother."

Frank was scared, he was going to lose Gerard, either that or Gerard was going to be having a weird feeling from being away from home so long, but Frank couldn't do that to him.

"Please, I- I don't want to move," he said desperately, he couldn't changed his parents mind, he knew that, but he didn't know what else to do.

"Sorry Frank, but we have already paid for it, we're going to start moving things over the next week, we'll be living there by next sunday," his mother said, taking another sip of her drink.

Frank was worried, sick to his stomach, and he couldn't bare telling Gerard, but he had to. It would hurt him, he knew that, but Frank couldn't change anything.

He had just got the man he loved and now he was going to lose him.

-

Someone brought up Gerard's family and I wasn't going to mention them at all but I added a small, extremely vague part in there just just for them

Also this is the second last chapter rip.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 475 20
STRONG TW FOR SUICIDE AND SELF HARM Everyone in Belleville High knew Gerard Way was suicidal, but no one ever reached to help him. He was tormented...
258K 19.9K 52
Gerard thought that committing suicide would finally end it: no more pain, no more sorrow - nothing. The last thing he expected was to wake up in Hel...
213K 10.7K 20
Frank Iero is a fuck up. He hates his life, he hates his school, he hates his mom, and he's determined to leave, starting a new, happier life. He's...
18.3K 665 15
Frank Iero was admitted into the Blueman Mental Hospital because of some imaginary demon he believes is following him. Gerard Way was admitted into t...