The Omegan Alpha

By Cause_fanfiction

Omegas weren't meant for the military. They were weak and rare. All expect one Omegan Alpha named Levi. But j... More

Alpha
Captain
Commander
I'm sorry
Everything has changed
Wings of Freedom

Levi Squad

19.9K 465 189
By Cause_fanfiction

(This part skips forwards a few years to where Eren joins the Corps in the anime. Just thought I'd let you know so that nobody would get confused. This one's a little bit shorter than usual but it has a lot in it. Oh and sorry for the reallllllyyy long wait!)

Erwin Smith was not a jealous man and he prided himself on not using his biological status to control people. He practically oozed Alpha but over the years he's learnt how to control himself. Especially since he met Levi all those years ago. Levi didn't need an Alpha and didn't want an Alpha who acted... well Alpha. Therefore Erwin didn't feel the need to be jealous when it came to other Alphas and Levi.

That was until Eren Jaeger was placed under Levi's control. He didn't know why he had such dislike to this young Alpha but something about him Erwin didn't like. But he keep it too himself remembering what happened the last time he made something like that an issue, long story short Levi didn't sleep in the same room as him for over two weeks and then Erwin wasn't allowed to touch him for almost a month after that no matter how much he begged and apologised. Erwin trusted Levi to be able to control Eren both as an Alpha and as a solider with an unusual titan power.

There was a light knock on Erwin's office door and then it opened gently. Erwin smiled slightly, Levi had come to delivery his final report of the day. Levi's final report signified the final moment of the day that they had to be professional together. Levi would give Erwin a ran-down of what happened in the day and how Eren was settling into the Corps and once that was over they could become Alpha and Omega instead of Commander and Captain.

Once it was over Levi made them both tea before placing himself in Erwin's lap while he finished his work. Erwin then did something very unlike himself. He growled. Levi frowned and looked up at Erwin. Levi didn't even need to say anything to get an explanation. "You stink of Jaeger." Erwin said, scenting Levi's glands. Levi's hand flew to his neck, he rubbed his scent gland and then sniffed his fingers. "Shit." He muttered, "I didn't think his scent would rub off on me." Levi took hold of Erwin's wrist and pulled down his sleeve. "That kid has a fucking problem is swear. He cannot control his scent." Levi said while rubbing his neck against Erwin's gland on his wrist. Once he was finished Levi offered his neck to Erwin so he could scent his neck. Erwin instinctively licked at Levi's neck when he found no more trace of Eren's scent on his Omega. "Does it bother you?" Erwin asked fingering the green stone on Levi's collar. Levi shook his head, "Not much because I have your scent cloth but I can see it's bothering Eld. He's been spending as much time away as he possibly can. Petra said I need to get him to stop because it's even bothering her, Gunther and Oluo." The animal side of Erwin liked that Levi had been using his scent to forget Eren's. He gently became a little more forward with his kisses until Levi understood what he was trying to do. "You're inside Alpha likes that doesn't it." Levi let out a quiet laugh when Erwin nodded. "You're so weak Smith."

"Are you sure you'll be okay with him?" Erwin asked as Levi buzzed around their room, packing for his small trip to the old Survey Corp base. Levi stopped what he was doing and turned to Erwin who was perched on the end of the bed. "He's not going to cause me a problem, plus my squad's with me and Hanji's going to be there so if there's a problem they'll back me up, okay? Stop worrying, you're hair will start falling out. You'll end up looking like Shadis or Pixis." Levi kissed Erwin quickly before continuing his packing.

Levi thought he'd be okay until he realised he would have to brave the night on his own for the first time in more than seven years. He lay in the dark for a long time willing himself to go to sleep but gave up in the end. Levi pulled his jacket over his shoulders and wandered down the halls. Petra's door was open a little as he walked passed and he let the corner of his lip turn up at her blissful sleeping face. He thought of all the nice things she'd done for him since she'd join his squad. She reminded him of Isabelle. He gently pulled the door shut and continued down the halls. Pulling out a chair, he sat at a table in the mess hall. He could see the stars through the window in front of him and Petra's words echoed in his head, "My mother once said that all of the stars were people that have died and they are put in the sky to protect the people that they left behind." Levi noticed two stars next to each other that seemed to be a little bit brighter than the rest. "Will you two ever forgive me?" He asked the darkness. Levi pulled his scent cloth out of his breast pocket and held it to his nose.

Levi was woken by the sound of movement around him. He lifted his head from his arms and saw that Eld and Gunther were sitting at the table across from him. "You have a rough night, Captain?" Eld asked before thanking Petra for the tea she placed in front of them. Levi hummed his reply after taking a short sip of his scolding tea. Oluo joined shortly after and they sat in silence until Hanji turned up. "Where's Eren?" She asked obviously wanting to start her experiments as early as possible. Petra shrugged, "I don't think he's used to our early starts yet. Maybe one of us should go wake him." No one made to move because in truth no one really trusted Eren enough to like him. Gunther sighed and stood up, knowing that he was the only one who could really go considering Petra and Hanji were female, Eld was an Alpha, Oluo didn't like Eren in the slightest and Levi was the captain. "Taking one for the team, Gunther. Well done." Hanji patted him over the back as he walked from the room.

For three days it was the same, Eren not turning up until later, Hanji taking him away for experiments and Levi getting more and more irritated with his lack of control over his scent. On the fourth day Eren was actually up on time, he wanted to impress Captain Levi and prove that he could be a good addition to his squad. Except Levi didn't turn up. Petra, Gunther, Eld and Oluo exchanged worried looks. Petra stood quietly and left for the hallway that there dorms where down. Minutes later there was a shout from her, "Eld! Gunther!" Eld, Gunther and Oluo were out of their seats within seconds and down the hall. The three soldiers stood at their Captain's door and quickly understood what was happening. Petra was crouched by Levi's bedside trying to prise the many blankets from a quickly overheating Levi. "Eld go get Commander Erwin. Gunther I need some water and a cloth to cool him down. Oluo go help him." Petra called from the room. The three split, Gunther and Oluo heading down the hall and Eld back up it. Eld ran passed Eren with his nose in his elbow without even noticing the younger Alpha.

Eren wandered mindlessly down the hallways following a most delicious scent. Eld ran passed him, almost colliding with him as he went. He watched the backs of the Gunther and Oluo ran the other way and he started to walk a little faster. Eren finally arrived at the source of the scent. His eyes went wide when he saw Levi sweating and panting in his bed. Petra was at his sides brushing his hair from his face. "What's wrong with Captain Levi?" He asked through the fog of his quickly clouding mind. Petra's head whipped around to look at him, her eyes wide and her mouth hanging open. "Out the way brat!" Oluo shouted from behind him before Petra could speak. Petra took a cloth from Gunther and dipped it in the water, she placed the now wet cloth on Levi's forehead. The Captain mumbled something to quiet to hear but Petra seemed to understand it. "He's coming." She replied to him.
"I can help him." Eren muttered, drawing everyone's attention to his presents. There was a silence for a moment before Gunther and Oluo stood together. "You need to leave green horn." Oluo spat through his teeth. Eren's natural Alpha flared, normally he'd control himself when around his superiors but Levi's heat scent was making him fight against the 'competition for the Omega'. Eren's scent filled the room and Levi began muttering louder. "Alpha... A-Alpha." He mumbled. Petra turned back to him, "Shh, it's okay Levi. Your Alpha's coming." Eren stepped forward again and both the male betas moved to stop him. "He's calling for me." Eren said, his aggression raising.

"I believe he's actually calling for me." Came a voice from behind Eren. Eren turned on his heels to face the intruder, fully prepared to fight the outsider away until he saw who it was. Erwin stood in the doorway, Eld just behind him with his face still covered. Erwin lifted his chin slightly to show dominance. "Everyone out, except for Petra." Erwin spoke with strength in his voice. He stepped into the room, Gunther and Oluo made to move eyeing Eren as they went. Eren stood his ground trying to challenge Erwin. Oluo grabbed the back of his jacket and gave a strong tug. With Eren off balance Oluo was able to pull him from the room. Erwin couldn't help his glare as the young Alpha left. He then turned his attention to his Omega who'd rolled onto his back and pushed the blankets away from himself, his legs were spread open for his Alpha. "E-Erwin... Alpha!" Levi shouted to him. Petra allowed Erwin to take her place at Levi's side. "I think it only started this morning. I'll keep everyone away and I'll get some drinking water for you both." Petra said polity and quickly left knowing Erwin would want to start helping Levi as soon as possible.

Oluo stared holes in Eren from across the table, Gunther frowning beside him, Petra and Eld at each end of the table. "I think I'll just go back to my room." Eren said, starting to stand. "Sit. Erwin said no one goes down that hallway besides Petra." Eld said, using his Alpha to control Eren. He huffed and crossed his arms like a grumpy teenager but he sat back down. A cry came from the hallway and Eren's frown deepened. "I'll take them some water. Don't start a fucking frenzy okay, Eren?" Petra bite out.

Levi was panting on Erwin's chest barely awake when Petra walked in. Petra bowed her head to Erwin to show respect and she placed the jug of water down. She poured a glass and handed it to Erwin. Naturally Erwin woke Levi and offered him water first. Levi was sluggish and sleepy so he struggled to drink but Erwin tried his best to help him. Petra's heart softened at the sight but she kept any thoughts to herself and left.

Levi squirmed as he woke up. Erwin nuzzled his head to help him wake up. He stretched his cramped and tired limbs before lifting his head. "How you feeling?" Erwin's voice sounded like fine wine in his heat ridden mind. He hummed gently to confirm that he was feeling okay. "Where's my squad?" Levi asked quietly. Erwin frowned. "What happened?" Levi asked feeling a little more awake.
"Eren was getting in the way. He needs more discipline." Erwin said reluctantly. Levi's eyes widened, "What did you do?"
"Nothing. Eld came to get me from the main base and when we got here Eren was refusing to leave your room-"
"He was in here! While I was like this. Fuck me, now he's never going to respect me." Levi dropped his head back onto Erwin's chest.
"I can have a word with him if you'd like." Erwin nuzzled Levi's head again.
"No, if he starts giving me problems I'll sort it. If it comes from you I'm going to look like an Omegan bitch."
"You're not a bitch and you know that, Levi. Plus I know you could beat his arse if he gives you problems." Erwin smiled at the little laugh he received from Levi.

Levi watched as Erwin held Eren's shoulders and spoke close to his ear. Shortly after his heat finished Levi and his squad were summoned back to the main Survey Corp base because the two titan subjects had been killed over night by an unknown person. Erwin walked back towards him and Levi obediently followed behind. "What were you saying to Jaeger?" Levi asked out of ear shot of anyone.
"Oh just asking him who he thought the enermy was..." Erwin paused and then muttered something under his breath. Levi scowled at him and he quickly repeated himself, "I told him to be careful around you and your squad because disobeying you could end badly for him." Levi stopped in his tracks. Erwin continued for a moment before turning to see Levi's reaction. "You were getting Alpha because of my heat. Erwin I said I'd deal with it." Levi didn't give him time to respond as he marched straight passed him and to their quarters.

Erwin had had work to do so he decided to do that first and let Levi cool down for a while before he went to try and sort this out. He entered their quarters slowly knowing full well he was in the dog house.
Levi was sitting cross-legged on the bed with his back to the door. Erwin could tell that he was looking out at the stars. He also noticed Levi's collar was on the floor at the foot of the bed, it made him feel even worse seeing that. The one thing that tied him and Levi together physically was now discarded on the floor like a piece of dirt. Levi had only ever taken it off to bathe because he didn't want to ruin the leather, not for sleep, not for training, not even for his yearly physical exams. Now it was on the floor, uncared for. Erwin picked it up from the floor and held it carefully in his fingers. It was stone cold, usually if Erwin had ever taken it off for Levi it would still be warm where it had been pressed against his skin, but this time it was cold telling him it had been removed from Levi's neck for a while. He did notice however that the hole Levi did the buckle up to was still only slightly worn, Erwin guessed that he had at least taken it off carefully. That gave Erwin some hope.

Keeping his scent soft he crawled onto the bed and up behind Levi. He didn't dare touch the Omega in fear of angering him more. "Can I explain myself Levi?" Erwin asked quietly. When Levi didn't answer he continued anyway, "When I saw Eren in your room while you were in heat saying you were calling for him and that he could help you it scared me. Not because I thought I'd have to compete with him or that I'd lose you to him. I was scared because it made me think if he was to find you like Mike did completely helpless with heat would he be able to control himself? I don't want you to get hurt anymore and I thought if I told him to be careful around you then he'd be scared of you and he would stop fighting for your affection the way he does. I wasn't thinking of how Alpha it would look to you. I'm sorry." Levi had turned one ear to him while he spoke and Erwin could see his mouth was turned down but not in a angry kind of way. Erwin muttered, "I'm sorry." Again and lowered his head. When Levi began to turn his way he closed his eyes to complete the image of submission. Levi looked over his Alpha, he was on his knees behind him, head down, shoulder up and his eyes closed like a dog expecting a blow from it's owner. Levi wrapped his arms around Erwin's shoulders and they instantly relaxed. Erwin pushed his face into Levi's chest and tentatively placed his hands on Levi's waist. "I'm sorry." Levi said, Erwin could tell he'd been upset by the hoarseness in his voice. "No," he said, "I'm the idiot Alpha who should have listened to his perfect Omega. You don't need to be sorry at all." Erwin straightened himself up and Levi curled into his front, placing his head against Erwin's strong shoulder. Erwin encircled him with his arms and Levi heard the buckle of his collar jingle. He looked towards the sound and saw his collar still held in Erwin's fist. "Put this back on me?" He asked, softly pulling at the thin leather. Without a word Erwin let him sit up and he placed the collar around Levi's slender neck. He fastened the buckle on the well worn third hole and made sure the green stone was straight at the front and that it sat comfortably. He smiled at Levi and the Omega lunged forwards, cuddling up to him again. Erwin laid them both back and hugged Levi close. "I'm tired after all this tension." Erwin yawned.
"You sure you don't want me to apologise properly." Levi said hinting at something. Erwin understood straight away, "If I wasn't so tired I'd punish you for being a bad boy but for tonight I just want to sleep." Erwin kissed Levi and left him to change out of his uniform. "Is that a promise?" Levi called to him.
"Oh yeah." Erwin winked.

"Do you think he's ready?" Erwin asked Levi. Erwin had brought up the idea of testing Eren's skills on the next expedition to show the Military Police and the Higher ups that Eren was a very useful asset. "He was struggling at first to follow orders but as much as I hate having to say this after you spoke to him he's been working a lot harder to please." Levi rolled his eyes when he had to admit that Erwin acting Alpha actually helped a little. Erwin wanted to smirk but didn't dare so he continued what he was going to say, "The new recruits seem to be reluctant to have an expedition this early but I feel we need to test Eren's abilities." Levi nodded firmly.

"Don't fuck this up for us Eren. This is one of the easiest expeditions you'll ever go on, we're going out and coming back. Follow orders and transform when we tell you." Oluo said as they waited for the gates to open. Eren wasn't planning on messing up, he'd made far too many mistakes in the last month and had far too many disappointing looks from Levi to want to make anymore mistakes. "Shut up Oluo." Petra snapped from her horse. Oluo was about to fight back when Erwin's strong voice echoed down the street. "Forward!" He bellowed and the expedition moved forwards out into the outside world.

Levi could listen to the scrutiny from angry citizens, he could listen to the cries of distraught women weeping for their mates, but it hurt more than the physical pain his foot when Petra's innocent father came to speak to him about the letter she'd sent him. He told him about how happy she'd been to be hand picked be Levi himself. Levi listened to the man in silence until he asked where she was. Levi stopped his horse and turned to Petra's father, he pulled out the wing insignia that he'd ripped from one of his squad's jacket. It wasn't Petra's one because he'd given her one to the recruits that wanted to go back for his friend's body but the meaning was the same. He handed it to the man and his face dropped instantly. "I'm sorry." Levi muttered. Petra's father reached out his hand and placed it on Levi's shoulder, "Thank you for looking after her until now." He said before turning back into the crowd.

Erwin watched Levi as they arrived back at the base, he handed his horse to a soldier and limped inside. Erwin ached to follow him but he needed to mop up the aftermath of the expedition. Within an hour he was following after Levi, he was scared of what he might find when he got to their quarters. He remembered the last time Levi had lost such close friends. He slowly opened the door to their room and looked for Levi. He was perched on the edge of their bed trying to bandage his foot. Tears were running down his cheeks and he kept angrily wiping them away as he fought the bandage to stay straight. His breathing was heavy and after a minute more he threw down the bandage and covered his face. Erwin sat beside Levi and pulled him close. Levi's hands curled into Erwin's shirt and he sobbed into his chest. Erwin gently purred for him hoping it would help like it had many times before. Silently Erwin let Levi go and crouched in front of him. He careful unwrapped the bandages from Levi's foot and started again. Erwin started at Levi's blackened ankle and careful continued down his foot until the black purple bruise was covered completely. He then took off Levi's jacket, shirt and trousers before removing his own uniform. He was exhausted and could see Levi would benefit from it as well. Levi didn't protest when Erwin pulled him up the bed and under the blankets.

He could feel them around him; the people he'd allowed to die. Isabelle, Farlan, Finch and now Petra, Eld, Gunther and Oluo. He pushed his face into Erwin's chest desperately trying to avoid their dead stare. Erwin rolled onto his side and snuggled closer to Levi as if his subconscious was telling him that Levi was distressed. Levi curled tightly against him and tried to stop the tears from running down his face. And once again as if Erwin was awake he started gently purring for him in his sleep, the deep rumble emanating from Erwin's chest. Levi blessed whatever force that had lead him to Erwin and let sleep take grip on him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

113K 5.4K 33
Levi Ackerman, one of the few remaining omegas, has fought against his instincts all his life. But the powerful alpha that is brought into the sanctu...
2.1K 77 14
This is a short omega verse ereri story. If you thought I ended it too soon lemme know in the comments but for now that's all I have for it. I can't...
181K 7.2K 13
Eren is a omega and is kept trapped in a basement for six years. One day his pack is attacked by rogues,using this chance to escape,Eren fled. He stu...
135K 5.3K 34
Levi Ackerman; Humanity's strongest he had been told. Nevertheless, everyone has their weaknesses, and for this man, his name was Commander Erwin Smi...