Sнadow Girl ▹ Jace Wayland (e...

By voidwolvxs

"The story of Annalina Grey, the girl who came before clary, the real love of jace wayland's life" [book 1] More

0.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
a/n.
epilogue.
sequel.

17.

12.6K 281 69
By voidwolvxs

When we got home Hodge was enraged, he'd been waiting in the foyer when we all limped in filthy and covered in blood. He immediately launched into a long winded lecture about how stupid we had been, about lying to him and how we would not been trusted again.

"Not to throw anyone under the bus, but Jace was the only one who lied." I added and Hodge's eyes narrowed so quickly i flinched back slightly.

"You broke the law, Annalina." He hissed out. "You disgraced your name and the Clave." He then turned onto Jace. "You've endangered other people with your wilfulness. This is one incident I will not allow you to shrug off!"

"I wasn't planning to," Jace replied smugly. "I can't shrug anything off. My shoulder's dislocated."

"How unfortunate." I mused, sending him a grin he returned easily.

"If only I thought physical pain was actually a deterrent for you," Hodge says with grim fury. "But you'll just spend the next few days in the infirmary with Alec and Isabelle fussing around you. You'll probably even enjoy it."

"That he would." I laugh before groaning from the bruises i'd managed to upset in the process.

"Just go to the infirmary would you?" Hodge huffed out.

"Well i don't mind if i do." I reply. "Since you've asked so nicely."

▹▹▹

Jace, Simon and Me all ended up retiring to the infirmary. Isabelle of course fussed over the lot of us, while Alec mostly just moped about how. Honestly it was rather annoyed i wished he stopped, izzy too i could only handle so much cooing. It seemed Clary had made full use of her human shield and was good as new as she came into the room a couple of hours later.

Alec sat on top of the windowsill and scowled at the sight of her. "Oh. It's you."

She ignored him. "Hodge says he's on his way and he hopes you can both manage to cling to your flickering sparks of life until he gets here," She told us. "Or something like that."

I laughed. "Good to see he's still  got his remarkable sense of humour."

"I wish he'd hurry," Jace said crossly.

"Why? Does it hurt?" Clary asked.

"He's just acting like a baby." I complained.

"I actually have a high pain threshold. In fact, it's less of a threshold and more of a large and tastefully decorated foyer. But i do get easily bored." He rambled on, squinting at Clary. "Do you remember back at the hotel when you promised that if we lived, you'd get dressed up in a nurse's outfit and give me a sponge bath?"

"If you don't shut up i'm going to strangle you." I said disgusted. "You can't even walk properly, but your still trying to hit on everything that does."

"Actually, i think you misheard," Clary piped up. "It was Simon who promised you the sponge bath."

Jace looked over at Simon involuntarily, who smiled at him widely. "As soon as I'm back on mu feet, handsome."

"I knew we should have left you a rat." Jace replied.

Clary replied before turning her attention to Simon. They fell into a quiet conversation, as best friends do.

"By the way, I absolutely hate you right now Jace Wayland." I say to fill the silence.

"You know you love me."

"Sod off."

Then Clary got up to leave the room as the door swung close behind her Alec also got up. I could just tell by the look in his eyes he was up to no good.

"Alec don't." I called out.

"Don't what?" He replies turning back to face me.

"You know what i'm talking about." I warned, but he ignored me flying through the door.

"Idiot." I mumbled to myself.

He was going after to Clary, he was going to act on the anger i'd been trying to ignore. Jace was ours. Annoying  and conceited, but ours all the same it felt like she was taking that.

"What was that about?" Jace asked confused.

"None of your business," I answered. "I hate you right now, remember?"

▹▹▹
Hodge had eventually turned up to fix up all our injuries. After that i went back to my room desperate for a few hours sleep, but not before have long shower and changing out of my now disgusting clothes. I only managed to stay asleep for a few hours but by the time i woke the sun had fell below the horizon. I try to fall back asleep for awhile tossing and turning constantly but realised my efforts were futile.

I hoped out my bed letting my bare feet touch the cold ground for barely a second before gliding over to the windowsill. I gently pushed it open the cold rush of air sending a chill up my bare legs. I knew it was stupid to go climbing in my pyjamas, nothing but a pair of silky short and a singlet, but i didn't care. I needed time to think like i always did lately and i never thought very clearly trapped in the walls of my bedroom.

I usually went through the window upstairs, but i had worked out a way to get up there long ago. Just in case anyone was patrolling the halls who wouldn't approve of me sneaking out of my room. So i followed along the well worn path up towards the greenhouse.

I finally reached the balcony, my balcony, no our balcony. Just as i let my feet dangle gently over the edge i heard him. The gentle sound of his feet sliding across the rooftop, almost silent from years of training. He finally reached the edge plopping down right besides me with a sigh.

"How did i know you'd be here?" He said quietly.

"I dont know, how?" I whispered back.

"You always come here after days like today." He stated like it was obvious.

"Do i?" I asked confused, confused that somehow he knew me better than i knew myself.

"I think your sleeping schedule rejects the lifestyle." He jokes trying to break the barrier i held up against the two of us.

"Maybe." I sighed out.

He reached out his hand out to grab mine. Something he'd done before, but not in a long time. Tonight something was different, i couldn't keep him away. His fingers traced patterns on my palm and i held my breath.

"What are you doing?" I asked him tentatively, not wanting him to pull away but knowing that it should.

"What ever do you mean?" He asked grinning, lacing his fingers through mine.

"D-on't!" I stuttered out.

He pulled his hand away and i finally was able to breath. Well that was until i saw the look in his eyes when they meet mine. I felt breathless almost losing my balance on the edge, but his arms snaked out to hold me still and then just like that he was kissing me.

His mouth was hard against mine at first, like his body was still fighting valiantly to the last second against his mind's desire to kiss me. Then he reached his other hand around my waist pulling me closer, his lips softening into the kiss. My hands on instinct flew up to tangle themselves in his golden hair. I could hear both our hearts hammering as i clung on tight desperately wanting this moment to never end.

It seemed my mind had finally caught up with my body, realising the choice it wasn't making right now and slammed the abort button so hard it felt like a blow to the stomach. I pulled away from him, the way he looked so vulnerable in this moment was almost enough to stop me from running. Though almost was the key word as i I then jumped up off the edge onto the roof, heading spinning as i took in what had just happened, he copied my actions slowly still lost in his daze like my lips were a drug and he couldn't get enough. Then something snapped and his face changed. He went straight back into his typical arrogant i don't care attitude so quickly it was like the vulnerable boy from before had never even existed.

"Sorry." He muttered.

"SORRY? THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY TO ME." I shout back, god why did he always have to pretend he didn't about anything or anyone.

"Well what the hell do you want me to say?" He asked, eyebrow raised leaving me a stuttering mess.

"I get it your an absolute manwhore, but I'm your best friend." I finally answered. "Doesn't that mean i'm off limits from your stupid little games."

"I guess not." He replied.

"You guess not? That's all you've got for me." I fumed at him. "What is your problem? You don't have to shut everybody out you know."

"I done with this conversation." He stated. "Goodnight Annalina."

Then he left me standing out in the cold all alone. This is why i couldn't let anything happen between us. Jace Wayland wasn't the kind of guy you spend you life with, he was the guy you spend one night with and never hear from again. I knew better, so why did it feel so horrible about it.

▹▹▹

Rant alert

A/N: OKAY SO IM GOING TO APOLOGISE SO MUCH FOR THIS CHAPTER I HONESTLY RE-WROTE THE ENDING LIKE 40 TIMES AND IM STILL NOT HAPPY WITH IT BUT ITS THE BEST I CAN DO RIGHT NOW. I KNOW OMG THEY KISSED AND I RUINED IT BAD ME. BUT SINCE JACE IS NOT MY CHARACTER I HAVE TO GET MOST OF MY IDEAS ON HIM DIRECTLY FROM CASSANDRA'S WRITING AND AFTER THE CLACE KISS/MOMENT HE ACTED ALL RUDE TO HER AND PUSHED HER AWAY SO I TOOK MY OWN LITTLE SPIN ON IT, FEELING LIKE SINCE JACE ISN'T EXACTLY THE BEST AT THE WHOLE LOVE THING HE'S NOT GOING TO START A PERFECT RELATIONSHIP WITH ANNA STRAIGHT AWAY. IDK JUST MY THOUGHTS, UGHH I DON't KNOW I HATE IT BUT I TRIED SO HOPEFULLY THAT COUNTS. IM JUST LIKE SO LOST CAUSE THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IVE EVER NOT BEEN SO HAPPY WITH HOW THIS STORY IS GOING.

End of rant

So did anyone actually like this chapter, specifically the ending?

Also is there like ways i could make it better? i might consider re-writing this part later.

ANYWAYS ON A POSITIVE NOTE DOUBLE UPDATE, THIS STORY IS ALMOST AT 40k AND I JUST REACHED 200 FOLLOWERS SO YASSSSSS.

BYEEEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

891K 20.6K 60
storm in her eyes, peace in her smile. jace herondale x fem!oc shadow hunters: the mortal instruments, season...
4.2K 82 23
Simon and Clary become shadowhunters after they run into Alec, Jace, and Isabelle.
85.9K 1.1K 23
Hey tmi fans!! Welcome to the world of imagines of tmi ♡ You will find imagines that come from me and sometimes ones from others but then I will prom...
1.9K 111 12
A series of one-shots about some first things Magnus and Alec experience together, which together create a journey of Malec from meeting each other...