A Girl Named Adam

By BrettGoodson

Carter Anderson investigates a case based on a girl named Adam Robinson who is linked to the murder of her pa... More

The Girl
Seeking Answers
Reaching Out
Consequences
Searching For Clues
The Story Of Hannah and Adam
In Questioning
Lies and Betrayals
Departing Ways

On The Run

29 0 0
By BrettGoodson

Chapter 9

Carter walked into the motel room that he was staying in with Adam and carrying Sanchez along.

"What is she doing here?" Adam asked Carter as she saw him carry Sanchez in.

"She's drunk for one and she's the only one that can help us at this point." Carter said.

"How can she help us if she's shit-faced?" Adam asked.

"We'll let her rest here and in the morning after some coffee, we'll try to figure out what's going on." Carter said.

"Simple, I'm a wanted woman." Adam said.

"I don't know why the Feds found an interest in you, but it has something to do with Cross." Carter said.

"That was a long time ago. I want nothing to do with that asshole." Adam said.

"He's still out there and we can't go back to the city because Agent McKane will arrest me and take you away for questioning." Carter explained.

"No way I'm going back to them." Adam said.

Sanchez coughed a bit.

"I think I'm going to puke." She said.

"Better get her a bucket." Adam said.

Carter helped Sanchez into the bathroom.

The Next Day, the news was reporting on Carter kidnapping Adam who was a prime witness in a murder case that Agent McKane was investigating.

"Hey, we're famous." Adam said jokingly.

"Not funny." Carter said as he packed their bags.

"How's your girlfriend?" Adam asked.

"Sanchez is fine, she just needs some time waking up." Carter said.

Sanchez groaned a bit.

"Ay, Ay...what the hell happened?" She asked as she rubbed her head.

"You got drunk." Carter said.

Sanchez mumbled in Spanish.

"So, are you sober enough to move?" Adam asked.

"No." Sanchez said.

"I'll get you some coffee and then we need to talk about the Feds being involved." Carter said.

"Cross and Adam have a history and as you know, Cross is a crime lord and he can't be touched. So, they believe Adam may have something on him and he may have been involved in the murder of her parents and the drug dealers." Sanchez explained.

"Bullshit. Cross is just trying to get my attention so I'll come back to him. He's nothing but a disgusting pig and a parasite that should be rubbed out." Adam said.

"That may be true, but McKane wants more to the story than just his side." Sanchez said.

"When did McKane get involved?" Carter asked.

"When you went to Lower Metro and decided to play hero, you pissed him off and the Feds caught wind of it." Sanchez said.

"He attacked me, I defended myself and his gun went off." Carter said.

"Luckily no one was killed, but it still pissed him off and now the Feds want answers." Sanchez said.

"Cross is a drug dealer, a pimp, and a murderer. That's all you need to know about him." Adam said.

"Does he traffic in sex?" Carter asked.

"Yeah, he 'lends' underaged girls to perverted old men." Adam said.

"By 'lend' I take it you mean sells." Sanchez said.

"Duh...I told you he's a pig." Adam said.

"Adam, does Hannah know him?" Carter asked.

"Yeah, she started dealing with some of his boys when we were dating. That's why I left her." Adam said.

"Maybe we can get Hannah to help us." Sanchez said.

"Forget it, she's a junkie." Adam said.

"Not anymore, she's recovering and I've spoken to her." Carter said.

"I know you did...I just don't know if I can be around her." Adam said.

"It's up to you, I won't talk to her unless you're fine with it." Carter said as he walked over to her.

"Whatever..." Adam said with a sigh.

"We might want to let her uncle know what's going on before he leaves for London." Sanchez said.

"Good idea, I'll go search for Hannah, you go get Marcus." Carter said.

"I'll get Hannah, you get Marcus." Sanchez said.

"Hannah knows me and she won't talk to cops, besides...Marcus likes you." Carter said.

Sanchez smirked.

In South Metro, Carter was wearing a baseball cap, a heavy coat, and long jeans to hide himself.

He walked into a small apartment building, he saw the place was a mess and the attendants were rough looking.

He headed upstairs to the second floor and knocked on the first door to the right.

Hannah opened her door slowly.

"Yes?" She said.

"It's Carter, we need to talk about something." He said.

"What is it?" Hannah asked.

"We need to talk about Cross." Carter said.

"You said you're not a cop, how do you know about Cross?" Hannah asked.

"Adam told me about him and how you knew him." Carter said.

Hannah opened her door and Carter walked in.

She closed her door, locked it, and walked over to the fridge.

"Want a beer?" She asked.

"No thanks." Carter said as he looked around.

The room was dimly lit, she barely had any furniture and it seems she just had a mattress on the floor as a bed.

"This is what rehab gives you when they are done...a shit hole." Hannah said as she lit up a cigarette.

"What do you know about Cross?" Carter asked her.

"He's an asshole, a pimp, and a disgusting pig." Hannah said.

"That's what Adam said...but why would the Feds want to question Adam about him?" Carter asked.

"Perhaps because he tried to get her to work for him." Hannah said.

"You mean at his sex club?" Carter asked.

"His market." Hannah said.

"So, he was involved in sex trafficing?" Carter asked.

"Was involved? Past tense...he is involved." Hannah said.

"How come the Feds don't just arrest him?" Carter asked.

"He can hide his tracks very well and pins it on other people." Hannah said as she smoked.

Carter coughed a bit.

"I need you to come with me to see Adam, the two of you may be able to get Cross." He said.

"That's not such a good idea." Hannah said as she took out a can of beer from her fridge.

"Hannah, we need your help." Carter said.

"Why? I am old news." Hannah said as she opened the can and took a sip from it.

Carter sighed.

"Cross may have been involved in killing Adam's parents and their dealers." He said.

On the east side of Metro Heights, Sanchez met up with Marcus at a local bar.

"Drink?" Marcus asked.

"Never again." Sanchez said.

"So, how can I help you?" Marcus asked.

"Adam is in trouble, which you know already, the Feds want to take her in for questioning and I believe we may have a lead on the murder case, we just need more proof." Sanchez said.

"I thought that case was already settled." Marcus said.

"The Feds opened it back up and Agent McKane wants answers." Sanchez said.

"I read about her in the paper, she wants to bring down Cross." Marcus said.

"Yes, and she knows Adam was involved with him in the past along with Hannah." Sanchez explained.

"Adam would never deal with a man like Cross, but Hannah would." Marcus said.

"Carter is trying to get Hannah to help and maybe be some kind of moral support to Adam." Sanchez said.

"That won't happen, when Adam dislikes someone she's not the kind of person that will forgive and forget." Marcus said.

"How much do you know about your niece?" Sanchez asked.

"Only from what she told me, from Carter's reports and letters she sent before her parents cut me off." Marcus said.

"If you want to be back in her life, Marcus, then you need to help us out." Sanchez said.

"I will, but don't you have limited resources now?" Marcus asked.

"Trust me, I can get information." Sanchez said with a smile.

Sanchez and Carter knew they had to plan things out before it got too rough and before Cross has a chance to cover his tracks.

Cross and his sex club in Lower Metro were untouchable for now...but with some information and a little manpower...he'll come crashing down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.3K 750 86
After Marie's adventures in Grimsborough, she, Scott Greene, his little stepbrother Oliver and Julian Ramis, who decided to become her apprentice, la...
199K 7.2K 61
Jamal Anderson , is a retired hustler from drug trafficking . His only motive was to satisfy and please his first love , Ronnie but things starts to...
91 0 24
"Life is like a sketchbook. There's a beginning and an end. When you start, your drawings will start simple but become more detailed over time. Some...
16 5 11
A 21-year-old part-time nurse named Carter Lament spends an afternoon with her childhood friend, Winter August, after a long and miserable day of hea...