His Beloved

By BethanyShayPorteous

** First Draft - Unedited ** Plot Flaws - Unstructured ** Life was simple for Ashia, a teenage witch who work... More

His Beloved
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV

Chapter IV

39.1K 1.2K 80
By BethanyShayPorteous

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/

Chapter IV

Dear Willa,

Perhaps it would best if you have the album for a while, I don't feel like taking pictures and it seems you may have better use of it for now. I was going to ring before I realised I'm not sure if we even have a phone, and even if we did I have no idea what the number is.

The journey here was long and I spent most of it in darkness, though surprisingly I managed to speak to the pilot when I went up for some sunshine – however I have not seen the sun since then, it has been about forty-eight hours since I last felt the sun, and more than that since I felt it properly in my skin.

It's weird though - for some reason I don't feel as drained as I thought I would, I woke up this evening feeling quite alive in all honesty, and I thought having not practiced any magic or sat with the earth would have made me weaker.

I'm to start school soon apparently – proper school, a total of five hundred girls -  and not just witches either, a vast array of many other supernatural beings, however Lord Aron never mentioned any werewolves, however it is quite cold here and they do like the warmth don't they?

I meet with the head mistress today and I'm utterly terrified – terrified to be locked behind gates with strange girls for eight hours and terrified dare I say it – to not have him by my side. As much as I don't want to be here, and I grudgingly admit, he makes it somewhat easier, although I wish he'd touch me less.

I don't understand what I feel when he does touch me, and the odd times he kisses me – I feel so...so unsure, I'm not sure I have no idea to be honest. This morning/evening I woke up and I was completely wrapped around him, I nearly flipped out and was too terrified to move in case I woke him – I ended up falling back to sleep!

I'm not sure what these feelings are Willa; I wish I had you here to talk to.

Give my love to father and mother,

Ash

I set the pen down and stared at the letter, letting out a side sigh I placed it in the white envelope along with the photo album. I sealed it and jotted down the address, gathering it up and placing it on the bed as I walked over to the drawers, trying to find something decent to wear to meet the head mistress – I hadn't packed much formal clothing.

All I could find was a black skirt and a navy blue button up, and that would just have to do. I changed in the bathroom before assessing my appearance in the mirror. The loose bun still looked appropriate so I exited the bathroom, collecting my black coat and the package from my bed and leaving the room.

Surprisingly, Aron had left me alone since breakfast, he had just told me to be at his study by lunch.

I glanced at the clock by the wall, it read five past one. That was lunch for me so now I had the task of finding his office. The shutters were up and the curtains were pulled back to reveal a bright moon outside that flowed into the hall I walked down.

I stopped in the hall, feeling completely lost. I tried thinking of the tour from yesterday, concentrating hard before I felt my body gravitating down the hall. Slowly I took two careful steps, feeling the pull getting stronger before I took a left and came to a large brown door.

I raised my hand to knock but it flew open, I retracted my fist and bought it back to the package in my hand.

"I felt you," he breathed. "What's that?" He asked, nodding at my package.

"Oh," I looked at it and back at him, "it's a letter to Willa and our album...she was supposed to get it later, when I had some pictures to add to it...but I'm not sure I will for a while, so I think she should have it and...yeah," I ended my lame ramble, unnerved by his fixated stare.

"We can post it on the way then love," he walked forwards out of the office and I shuffled back as he closed the door. He took my hand and led me down the hall to a flight of stairs that would take us to the entrance. We reached the foyer and he released my hand as he picked up his coat – I looked through the glass doors seeing a sprinkling of snow falling. "We were going to walk there; it isn't that far, however it looks like we shall have to drive."

We walked outside as a sleek black car pulled up and Aron walked over to it, opening the door for me. I climbed in, setting my packages on my lap as he closed the door, getting in the other side.

"Ahasverus College, Steven," Aron ordered. "And stop by a post box on the way."

"Yes Sir," Steven murmured and I was surprised to hear his American accent.

I kept my arms folded as I gazed out the window; we drove down the long driveway, the gravel crunching beneath the tyres. We drove over a stone bridge before we reached a wooden door that was being lowered – like a drawbridge.

This house really is old.

We drove a few more minutes down the drive before we reached the end and Steven turned right into a tree covered street – the street was so elegant looking, the pavement on the side was crystal clean, the road scattered in a few dried leaves and snow, the tall trees on the side- their branches extending to each other creating a bare blanket above us.

We drove past quite a few houses – set back behind large gates and brick walls.

Steven suddenly pulled up on the side of the road next to a post box. Aron took them from me and with a blink of an eye he was outside and then back in the car. Steven began driving again and I felt Aron take my hand – now I had nothing to hold on to and to obstruct him from doing so.

We suddenly turned into a red paved road and we stopped at large black gates, Ahasverus College in gold letters on a plaque on the gates and an even bigger one on the big grey wall beside it.

The gates slowly opened and Steven began driving down the long driveway, I watched as a group of girls stood in a big field before they began running – chasing something and tackling each other quite roughly.

I swallowed and pulled my gaze back to the front of the car where we approached a big white water fountain and big marble steps that led into the tall three-story building before us. Steven drove around the fountain and parked directly beside the stairs.

My door opened by itself and I frowned before I saw Aron standing beside it. He held his hand out and I took it, trying to ignore the flips in my stomach. I stood beside him and stared up at the tall building.

"Come," he murmured as he took my hand once more and led me up the steps towards the tall imposing dark wooden doors. He opened it and led me in and we stood in a large foyer/reception area. The walls were deep brown and wooden panelled and the floors were dark and wooden. The reception desk was unattended and there were two other people sitting on the plush cream sofas.

Aron led us over to sit down and I jumped as the man on the sofa rose up and bowed, "Lord Aron." Aron nodded at him and he sat back down again, the girl beside him looking just as terrified as I felt.

I sat down next to Aron and looked around the room, trying to control my nerves. I jumped as a bell donged loudly, four times before it ceased and a tall woman came out of a brown door and smiled warmly.

"Madame Fidock will be out in a moment, can I get anybody a refreshment?" She asked. We all declined so she sat at the desk and began typing away on her computer.

"How goes the new club Stephen?" Aron asked the man on the other couch.

An honest grin graced the man's face, "brilliantly, the best choice I ever made was opening another one – you should come by some time and check it out Lord Aron." His eyes widened, "forgive me, this is my bride Claire she's just moved here from England." Claire nodded her head in respect before continuing to stare at her finger nails.

"How do you do, this is my bride Ashia – she's just come over from America." Aron squeezed my hand gently.

"This must be much more different then America?" Stephen asked me.

"Y-yes," I murmured my face heating up as Claire's eyes connected with mine.

"Lord Aron, Stephen De Win, welcome to Ahasverus College; I am Madame Fidock head master," I looked up as an intimidating women clad in black beside the white blouse of her collar poking out the top, her hair pulled back in a tight bun and her small glasses perched on the bridge of her nose walked in. She had to be at least twenty years old – or looked it – she was a vampire after all she could be a thousand years old. "First we will do a tour and then you ladies can receive your time tables and uniform, let us begin."

I rose from the couch and once again took Aron's arm, following the no-nonsense looking lady. Classes were in session thankfully, so the halls were quiet. Hardwood floors were beneath us, the walls a cream white and the classroom doors glass, so I saw many classes in session.

"Most of the ladies here are vampires, all waiting until the big twenty-five," Madame Fidock trilled, "the rest of course are already immortal." I had noticed a few witches, so they must have already completed the soul bond.

"Classes run for forty minutes, five sessions a day with two twenty minute lunch breaks. The day starts at eight and ends at four. We cater to many needs here and there are specialised witch craft courses if you wish to partake in them as an extracurricular activity," Madame Fidock looked at both Claire and I.

The tour went on forever and my feet and head were beginning to hurt. We arrived at the uniform shop where we were left with Louise the uniform lady while Aron and Claire's mate were taken – grudgingly – but Madame Fidock to sign some papers.

"Hello girls," Louise greeted warmly. Her skin held the signature vampire paleness, and her eyes were highlighted and held the shine only a vampire could have. "By looking at both of you, it will be smalls all round!" She darted off into the back room and I looked around, twisting my hands together nervously.

"I'm Claire," a quiet voice murmured.

I turned to face her, trying to create a smile, "I am Ashia," I whispered.

"How long have you been in Switzerland?" She asked.

"A f-few days," I managed to get out. "I think...I can't really be sure."

She smiled softly, "I know what you mean, it's hard to distinguish while trying to adjust to this new schedule...have you completed your soul bond?"

I gaped at her that was a bit forward!

"Sorry I don't mean to pry! It's just...Stephen hasn't soul bonded with me yet and it has me worried...usually you should bond as soon as you find each other..." She looked at me with frantic eyes and I was baffled by her willingness to just hop into bed with a stranger.

"N-no we haven't...he said w-we could wait a while..." I nervously played with a few strands of my hair, hoping the uniform lady would come out.

"Oh. So you don't want to?"

Thankfully Louise came back and I let out a sigh of relief as she handed me the clothes to try on, I went behind a curtain and rested my head on the wall before looking at the clothes before me.

-

Aron shut the front door behind us, taking off his coat and mine, hanging them up. Maggie had gone out to fetch my uniform and I held my books and timetable package in my arm. I went toward the dining room, setting my things down and sat in front of it.

There was so much!

I tore apart the plastic and grabbed my timetable, looking at it for the billionth time, while looking at the books to go with it.

Session 1 – Vampire History
Session 2 – Brides/Soul mate/Mates

Lunch
Session 3 – Spells Stage Two
Session 4 – Connecting to Morganna
Lunch
Session 5 – Physical Education

I stared dismayed at Session 5, praying to Morganna for help with that one. I looked at the books, all big, all heavy and all equally as terrifying as the other. I'd have to carry them all on my first day, how was I even meant to do that.

My first day.

I gulped.

One more day and I'd be forced into that institution for hours on end with strange girls and rules and times.

I glanced at the clock, five thirty. The sun could be rising.

Maybe I could go outside for a bit- a purring sound stopped me from that thought as I saw the shutters being pulled over the windows and doors. I sighed and dropped my head to the table.

Guess that idea was off the cards.

"Just made it in, Alrik move your old backside!" My head whipped over toward the front foyer at the loud woman and man that just entered. I rose from my chair nervously, unsure where Aron was and unsure of whom these people were.

"If you hadn't taken so long I wouldn't have almost lost an eyebrow!" A man spat out, his accent thick.

"It'd be a vast improvement baby, trust me!" The woman let out a laugh, before she sauntered into the dining room. She stilled when she saw me, her green eyes flashing with curiosity. I realised she was Aron's great grandmother, Josephine. "My oh my, what has Aron been up to while we've been away?"

"Not a lot," came his gruff voice from the other entrance. I heard his steps approaching, his hand brushing my back before embracing Josephine. "Josephine this is my bride Ashia."

She scoffed, "I'm not stupid Aron I know who she is." She smiled at me warmly, "I was there the day she was born."

I frowned a little that was a tad weird.

"I'm Josie sweet heart, and that old grump," she pointed behind her to another version of Aron, only he seemed to look meaner, "is Alrik. We are Aron's great-grand parents." She paused, "does that make her our great daughter-in-law? I have no idea!" She pulled me into a hug and I stiffened slightly.

"Woman get off her," Alrik grumbled. "Aron is our room set up?"

"Of course," he murmured, "how was Spain?" He came back to my side and his hand went to the small of my back leading me toward the sitting room. Josephine skipped ahead of us, her red hair flying about as she threw herself on one of the chairs.

"Beautiful! And of course we met up with Alrik's parents which was nice, and they were disappointed you had not accompanied us. But of course I said, Aron is off to find his bride, so that shut them up. I think they're excited that they'll have another great-great grandchild. Or two who knows! You witches are quite fertile aren't you? How many siblings do you have?"

I jumped at her question, "oh – um – j-just one. M-my mother had issues..."

Josie nodded, "so did mine, sadly my sister passed on – a very long time ago of course." Alrik huffed and sat beside her as Maggie brought out some cups, "how old are you darling?"

"Eighteen," I said quietly.

"Wow, must be hard to be a bride of a boring vampire. Miss partying?" Her eyes shone as she sipped her tea.

I began to get uncomfortable with all the questions directed at me. "Not- not really I don't ... I've never partied."

Josephine smiled, "you're a shy little thing aren't you?"

Oh my god this was mortifying.

"Ignore the old bat," Alrik spoke up from beside her as he wiped his blood red lips. I realised his tea mug was filled with blood. I began feeling squeamish. "She thinks because she's older than Napoleon she can say whatever she wants."

"On another note," suddenly Josephine sounded serious, "we did meet up with Maria...albeit very secretly and not for long."

Aron stiffened, "what Maria does is no longer of concern to me, and I thought you said you went to Spain? How did you end up in England?"

"I wanted to see if she was okay...if she was being treated well...she's still my great-grand daughter Aron dear, I'm not going to cut her off because of her mates callousness..."

"I'm not having this discussion," Aron snarled beside me, abruptly standing. His face was full of fury, his eyes blazing from red to black, it was terrifying. In a blink of an eye he was gone and I awkwardly sat there.

"Told you not to say anything," Alrik muttered beside her.

Josephine sighed and shook her head before looking at me, "perhaps you should go find Aron dear, I think we'll retire for the evening."

Find Aron when he's in a mood like that? No thank you, however I did want to get out of the room so I just nodded and got up. "Good night," I murmured before fleeing the room, thankful to be able to do so.

I began walking aimlessly, not really sure where I was going before I realised I was head toward his study. I stood outside the door biting my lip before knocking gently on the door, quickly retracting my fist.

"What?" He growled from inside.

What did I even want? Suddenly I realised how stupid I was, just going and knocking on his office, I should have just gone to bed, what did I even say? Josephine told me to come see you? I felt my face heat up and as I made to turn away the door opened.

I stopped when his cold hand on my arm pulled me to face him. His eyes were agonised, they held so much pain that it physically hurt to look at him.

"Don't look at me like that," he snarled, letting go of my arm and walking back into his office. He left the door open, clearly letting me know it was okay to go in, but did I even want to?

"L-like what?" I stammered. I found myself shuffling forward, before with a flick of his wrist the door slammed shut.

"Pity," he spat out, suddenly in front of me again, "believe me it is not I that needs it."

"I-I'm sorry," I whispered as his hand went to my upper arms.

"You're always sorry," he murmured, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and I watched as his eyes slowly began returning to his usual colour. I looked back at his chest, unsure of what was happening before his hand lifted my chin and his lips came crashing down on mine.

His arm pulled me right up against him, his hand grazing down my back and over my backside, pulling me into him and I found my lips moving in sync with his, my hands going to his chest as he deepened the kiss, his tongue entering my mouth, his hands everywhere.

My body felt like it was on fire, my heart was hammering and I found myself accepting his advances, a small moan escaping my mouth as his hand came up around my body and squeezed my breast, his lips leaving mine as he grazed his teeth below my ear.

Realising where we were I pulled back, trying to control my ragged breathing and wrap my head around my bodies reaction.

"Progress," Aron murmured as he kissed my forehead. "Come, we go to bed." Noticing my shocked expression he grinned, "for sleep."

www.bethanyshayporteous.com
https://www.facebook.com/Bethany-Shay-Porteous-283457555158191/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 102 25
In the enchanted realm of Eldoria, a timeless bond weaves through the fabric of fate, connecting souls across kingdoms and beyond. At the heart of th...
1.1K 165 36
The world is divided, the supernatural and humans. Alexis has to decide who she will be in this world as the powerless witch of a powerful legacy. Al...
415K 22.9K 136
Of Witches and Warlocks: The Complete Series. "Couldn't get enough of this book! It has all the elements of a must read. It has non-stop action, dari...
11.4K 631 27
**Third and Final Book in the Powerful But Broken Trilogy** Ash is just like you and me, a completely ordinary human girl. Other than her bouncing ar...