Scared

By nickel_is_awesome

Mariah Green. She doesn't have much money but still makes sure to have her three younger siblings eat. She li... More

Chapter 1
Chapted 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 4

378 17 0
By nickel_is_awesome

Mariah's POV

I blinked my eyes opened and was confused with my surroundings. My neck hurt and I saw I was on a couch. I looked up and saw the other twin standing smiling down at me.

"Hi." he said and he honestly was adorable.

"Hey." I said as I pulled my knees up to my chest. My pants were starting to become dirty and I just felt dirty.

"Do you need some clothes?" he asked and sat down by my feet.

"No, I won't fit into any of yours." I said and I thought it was really adorable how he was acting.

"We would give you girl clothes." He smirked and I stared at him confused.

"You have girl clothes?" I asked.

"From past girls." He said and he sounded ashamed.

"Oh, so dead people clothes." I said and turned my head away from him.

"I washed them for you. The boys told me not to but I did." he said as if he was some rebel.

"Oh, wow. You are such a rebel." I mocked him.

"Hey," he smirked at me and he was just so adorable that I couldn't help but not look at him, "I am trying to help you here. A shower and clothes. The other boys would never do this." 

I guess he did have a point...

"Fine, I'll take the clothes and the shower." I said and he smirked.

"Great, follow me." he said and I stood up as he grabbed my hand and led me down a hallway. He opened a door and I assumed it was his room. Seeing as there was a bed.

"What's your name?" I asked wondering.

"I'm Luke." he said and walked over to his closet. "You can go and take a shower in my bathroom." he said and pointed to a door. 

I walked over to the door opened it. I looked inside and stared at the large shower. Next to the shower was a large white claw foot bathtub. There was a toilet and a sink as well.

No, really? There was a toilet? And a sink?

My mind just killed the moment. But there were two sinks and a large mirror over the sinks.

"Towels are in that closet." Luke said  from behind me and I nodded grabbing a towel as I set it on the floor next to the shower.

Luke closed the door behind him as he left. I turned the water on and let out a loud sigh. I slowly undressed myself ignoring my bad feeling. I walked into the shower and let the warm water calm me. I smiled slightly and softly sang to myself. I sang 'All Night' by Icona Pop as I used some of Luke's shampoo and conditioner. I continued to sing as I washed my hair and body with Luke's soap. I searched for one of his shavers and when I found it I sighed staring down at the razor blade in my hands. I shuddered and started to shave my legs as I switched to singing 'Alone Together' by Fall Out Boy. I finished shaving my legs and shaved my underarms quickly before turning the water off. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped the towel around my body as I started to dry off.

"I don't know where you're going but do you have room for one more troubled soul? I don't know where I'm going but I don't think I'm coming home and I said check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead, this is the road to ruin, and we started at the end." I sang softly to myself as I stared at myself in the mirror. I tied the towel around my body tightly and I ran my hands through my soft hair.

"You are a great singer." I jumped spinning around to see Luke with Beau behind him.

"Thanks." I said quietly and Luke tossed me a pair of jeans and a Hollister sweatshirt with the tags on it

"I found some new stuff for you." Luke shrugged and I smiled at him before turning back around.

"Now let me get dressed." I said and smirked as Luke nodded and walked out with Beau.

As they left I took my towel off and pulled my undergarments back on feeling dirty as they touched my body. I slipped the jeans on and the sweatshirt over my head. 

How do they fit exactly?

That is odd. I will kill Luke if he measured me in my sleep.

"Mariah, are you done?" I heard Luke call.

"Just a minute." I said and I brushed my hair with my fingers in the mirror.

"Okay." Luke said. I opened the door and stepped out my hair still wet as it hung over my shoulder.

"Here I am." I smiled and I pulled the sleeves of the sweatshirt down feeling cold.

"Hey, you can go sit on the couch or whatever, I have to go and take care of some stuff, okay?" Luke said and I nodded as he left leaving me to wander down the hall. 

"Mariah!" I looked to my left and saw Marie running at me with wet hair and different clothes on her.

"Who gave you a bath." I demanded and Marie looked up at me confused.

"I think his name is-" Marie started.

"Beau. My name's Beau." I glared up at Beau my eyes filled with anger.

"If you ever touch her again. I swear I will kill you." I growled holding Marie's tiny hand as she trembled.

"But, Beau just gave me a bath. And cookies." Marie said confused as she looked from me to Beau.

"Don't eat anything he gives you unless I eat it too." I ordered and Marie nodded confused.

"I was just being nice." Beau said through his teeth at me.

"Sure." I growled and Marie held onto my waist.

"Marie, come here. Let's go play a game." Beau said in a sickly sweet voice.

"Okay." Marie smiled and she let go of me running to Beau who grabbed her hand and led her down the hall and around a corner. I watched them go and then turned around storming down the hall past the kitchen and living room. I ran into the part where the cells were, prison. I walked past my room and down the hall where I saw Jai closing a door.

"JAI!" I growled and he looked up as I angrily made my way towards him.

"Get back in your cell." he growled at me making my eyes widen.

"Excuse me?" I said to him placing my hands on my hip as he leaned against the wall.

"Mariah, go." he growled.

"Uh, no. I do nothing you say." I growled at him and I watched as the door behind him opened quietly. I watched as a blonde haired girl walked out and hit Jai on the back of the head.

"That felt so good." she said softly and I looked at her. She was so pretty! Long curls of blonde and dark brown eyes lined with faint makeup that had run down her face. She was my height and was in a pair of faded jeans with a short sleeved striped pink and white shirt.

"I bet it did." I smiled at her and she looked at me happily.

"I'm Rosanne, or Rose or Rosie." she smiled.

"I'm Mariah." I said and I grabbed her wrist as I led her to my cell. I closed the door behind us and she sat down on my mattress.

"It's nice to meet you, Mariah." Rose smiled.

"You too, Rose." I said and sat down next to her.

"Did they let you take a shower?" she asked shocked and I nodded. "They only do that with the ones they like." 

"Oh, really?" I said surprised.

"Yeah. Have you met the other girls? There are five others, Brittany, Sky, Becky, Ryan and Christina or Chris." Rose said and I was excited to meet the girls. "During the night you can meet them."

"I can't wait." I said as I pushed my hair behind my ears.

"Come on, Marie and Max, it's bedtime." I heard Beau say and we both got quiet as we listened.

"But Beau!" Max whined and I heard him stomp his feet.

"No, Max. You have to go to bed. It's already 8:30, past your bedtime." Beau said and I heard a door open.

"But I want to play that game again!" Max whined and I stood up looking out the door as I watched Beau walk into the cell with Marie holding his hand as he herded Max in.

"Tomorrow after breakfast." Beau promised and I heard a tiny yawn.

"Yeah, Max, I'm tired." Marie said and I watched as the three disappeared to the back where they must have been getting put to bed by Beau.

"Good night, Max and Marie." Beau whispered and I watched as he closed the door and I ran to the back of the cell as he walked back towards the nice part of the house.

"Is he gone?" Rose whisper asked me and I nodded.

"Yeah." I whispered back and she sighed.

"Ready to meet the others?" I asked and I nodded eagerly.

We both looked both ways and I saw that there was a door at the end of the hall separating the two different houses and the door was closed. I saw that Jai had gotten up and left at some point and that Marie and Max's door was closed. I followed Rose as she walked down the hall.

"Brittany? It's me, Rose." Rose said softly into the cell window in the door. I watched as a girl that looked to be 15 stood up. She had dark long brown hair and light brown eyes. She was wearing a faded pair of jeans and a plain pink top with Hollister written across it.

"Hi." Brittany smiled and her voice was quiet and shy.

"Hey, I'm Mariah." I said as I smiled at Brittany who was a little shorter than I was.

"You seem older than me. I'm 15, how old are you?" she asked and leaned against the door.

"I'm 18." I said and she smiled at me.

"Three years older than me." Brittany smiled and she ran a hand through her long hair.

"Let's go see Sky." Rose said as she grabbed my wrist and I waved goodbye to Brittany who went to go to sleep. We walked down the hall and to the next cell. I saw a girl with light brown hair that was curled slightly. She looked over at me and I saw that she had hazel eyes that were lined with faint makeup. "Hi, Sky." Rose smiled and the girl stalked over to the door.

"Whose she?" Sky asked as she nodded at me.

"I'm Mariah." I said and she eyed me up and down.

"Sky as you probably know." she said and smiled slightly at me.

"Okay, now that she knows you we have to keep going to meet everybody." Rose said and she pulled me to the next person. I looked in and I saw the back of a girl. She had slightly curled strawberry-blonde hair and her back was rising and falling steadily signalling she was asleep. "That's Becky." Rose said and then we went to the next cell. I stared at the face of a very pretty girl as she slept. She had very lightly curled brown hair and her eyes were lined with black thin makeup. "That's Ryan, she's very...opinionated." Rose said and then we walked to the next cell. I stared at the girl that laid sleeping on the ground. She looked much older than the rest of the girls. She had dark brown hair, almost black, with golden brown highlights. She was very pretty and I watched as she slept like she wasn't worried about anything. "And that is Chris." Rose said and then led me back to my cell where I saw Mack sleeping. Rose walked in with me and we both laid down falling asleep instantly.

Maybe it won't be so bad here now.

Now that I have friends. 

Maybe I won't be scared.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hope you all liked this chapter!! Sorry it's so short...but thanks for reading!! Pic to the side is of Mariah who is played by Camila Cabello!! Thanks for reading!!

Comment!

Vote!

Share!

BYEEEEEEEE!!!

xoxo

Nicole(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Brave By Nicole(:

Fanfiction

1.9K 161 22
It's three years after Mack, Mariah, Marie, and Max have escaped and started a new life with Connor. Mariah has moved on from Luke and finally starte...
3.8K 209 23
Violet wasn't always the happiest girl. She often found herself being an outcast and lonely. She was in an abusive relationship, and after her father...
1K 81 20
A story in which she deals with the school popularity but when she moves away then comes back home, she becomes someone who nobody has expected in he...
41.9K 1.1K 36
**She's just entertainment for them.** Bennie lives with her mum in the coast and you could say her life was normal, until she starts to become a sou...