Amderesta The Alcasian Confli...

By pretribbeliever

In the first book of the Amderesta The Alcasian Conflict Series, the Alcasian Republic finds itself in the mi... More

Completed Book Available

Chapter One

230 4 0
By pretribbeliever

Chapter One

John Acres, President of the Alcasian Republic entered the large briefing room situated on the fifteenth floor of the executive building. As the door closed behind him, the group of men seated around the large oval shaped conference table rose to their feet and five of them saluted their Commander-in-Chief who returned the salute.  

"At Ease." President Acres told ARMCOSC Commander Mark Terrans, Alcasian Army Chief of Staff Commander Evans, Alcasian Spacefleet Corps Chief of Staff Commander Brianson, Alcasian Guard Force Chief of Staff Commander Tennabs, and Alcasian Border Guard Chief of Staff Commander Onris who sat back down. "So, Field Commanders along the northern galactic edge have been reporting demonstrations. What's the Sitrep concerning that?"

The five Alcasian Republic Military Chiefs of Staff who commanded each branch of the ARM pondered that question for a few minutes before Commander Mark Terrans spoke up.

"Well, right now their reports only detail various demostrations, so far nothing to worry about." ARMCOSC Commander Mark Terrans said sensing the obvious tension in the room from his colleagues seated with him at the table.  

Prime Minister Vellas who had just entered a couple minutes earlier gave a look to President Acres and Defense Minister Greg Thomas who whispered amongst themselves.  

A datapad situated front of the Alcasian Intelligence Agency Director Luke Ternsan, a Alcasian who grew on Berabs Five gave concern President Acres, Prime Minister Vellas, and Defense Minister Thomas.  

Interior Minister Jeff Bridge seated three chairs to Thomas' right stood up. "Mr. President, I agree with the ARMCOSC. As Mr. Ternsan's report details these groups could turn violent if care is not taken."  

"Jeff, are you saying we should let them be?" Prime Minister Vellas said as he held up the datapad which sat on the table in front of the AIA Director. "According to AIA Intel Sources, these groups are getting increasingly hostile and something may set them off."  

"That something being us." Defense Minister Thomas responded as he pointed his finger in the direction of Interior Minister Bridge. "ARFIB is your responsibility."  

During the past several weeks beforehand, several groups of Alcasians who had grown concerned about how things were ran begun to organize a number of small but growing anti-government rallies. At least that's what it seemed like to other Alcasians who went about their daily routine.  

However, law enforcement angencies on a local level on several million planets were concerned these groups could turn violent and if some in the Alcasian Republic Military took sides, things could quickly escalate.  

The issue for President Acres and the others in his administration was twofold: Find out is responsible for the anti-government demonstrations, and secondly work with local planetary law enforcement agencies to keep things in law.  

"Mr. President, we're all in agreement here." Justice Minister Evans responded. "Let's find out who is behind these groups and figure out where to go from there."  

With that President Acres ajourned the meeting and everyone filed out of the conference room. As ARMCOSC Commander Mark Terrans, Alcasian Army Chief of Staff Commander Evans, Alcasian Spacefleet Corps Chief of Staff Commander Brianson, Alcasian Guard Force Chief of Staff Commander Tennabs, and Alcasian Border Guard Chief of Staff Commander Onris proceeded their offices situated in the Defense Ministry Building, President Acres told the others they could go while telling Interior Minister Bridge to stay for a moment.  

"Bridge, I want the ARFIB Field Offices in the Assentan Sectors, Berrans Sectors, Linnew Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Linnesan Sectors, Leens Sectors, Jerrson Sectors, and the Nerran Sectors to cordinate with Administrative District Law Enforcement and planetary law enforcement agencies." President Acres said to Interior Minister Jeff Bridge. "I want to know what these groups are up to."  

"So, basically assess the situation and report back with the findings. That shouldn't be to much of a hassle." Interior Minister Bridge answered as he made his way towards the stairwell situated in the exact center of the executive building and climbed down to the ground floor.  

Things on Alcasia were fairly quiet compared to the situation on planets in the 5000 light-year by 800 light-year Assentan Sectors, Berrans Sectors, Linnew Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Lenn Sectors, Jerrson Sectors, and the Nerran Sectors along the Alcasia Galaxy's northern edge.  

Over on Assentan One which served as the Adminstrative capital of the Assentan Sectors, Governor Jack Brown looked out a fifteen floor window at the crowd below him. The crowd made up of mostly male Alcasians between the ages of 16 and 30 chanted a number of slogans like Down with Acre and others that made Governor Brown's hair stand on end.  

"Damn, that crowd out there is thristy for blood." Governor Brown's Chief of Staff commented as he joined his boss a few feet from the window. "Hopefully ASIB will manage to pacify things, or-" 

"Spark a number of widespread riots." Governor Brown finished. "One wrong move would be like igniting a coolant fire. Anyone who's been on a space vessel knows how qiuckly that can spread."  

Governor Brown returned to his office and contacted the Director of the Assentan Sectors Investigation Bereau via the Video Audio Communication Screen on the six foot desk in the center of the room. After an authentication process, the image of ASIB Director Kevin Geer appeared on the 12 inch rectangle shaped screen.  

"We may need to enact contigency plans." Governor Brown said to ASIB Director Geer who gave a concerned expression to his aide beside him. "Demonstrations here on Assentan One, Arrea One, Arrea Two, Arrea Three, Arrea Five, Arrea Seven, Arrea Eight, Attren One, Attren Two, Attren Three, Attren Four, Attren Five, Attren Six, Attren Seven, Akerra One, Akkera Two, Akkera Three, Akkera Four, Akkera Five, Akkera Seven, Akkera Eight, Aderan One, Aderan Three, Aderan Four, Aderan Five, Aderan Seven, Aderan Eight, and every planet in the Argen System, Atteran System, Allsan System just to name a few."  

ASIB Director Kevin Geer knew something needed to be done as soon as possible and began to cordinate with law enforcement agencies in the various cities.  

A notification on the screen showed an incoming message from ARFIB Director Erricson which appeared in the upper right corner of the screen. Governor Brown touched the notification with his finger and a second video feed appeared beside the one of ASIB Director Geer.  

"Geer, the President wants us to find out who is behind the anti-government groups and figure out how to proceed." ARFIB Director Erricson said to ASIB Director Geer who was obviously frustrated at how local munipical law enforcement on the various planets had handled things.  

"Have you been any where in the damned Assentan Sectors lately?" ASIB Director Geer inquired of ARFIB Director Erricson. "These anti-government groups are damned near the breaking point." 

"Geer has a valid point there." Governor Brown pointed out. "You all on Alcasia have been sitting on your collective backsides for the past few weeks, while these hooligans have the adacity to go after myself and others. My own daughters have told me they don't want to go to school because of them."  

"Like you said Governor, things there are reaching the breaking point." ARFIB Director Erricson responded. "However, Mr. Geer, the President wants ARFIB and the SIBs to find out who is behind this."  

"Are you blind!?" ASIB Director Geer and Governor Brown responded to ARIB Director Erricson at the same time. 

Erricson declined to answer and terminated his end of the VACS transmission which caused the transmission feed from Geer's office to return to fullscreen.  

In the neighboring Berrans Sectors, Linnew Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Linnesan Sectors, Leens Sectors, Jerrson Sectors, Nerran Sectors, Heera Sectors, Leerag Sectors, Neerad Sectors, Cerran Sectors, and Jerdan Sectors located to the west of the Assentan Sectors, Sector Investigation Bereau personnel also had their hands full with these protesters. Alcasians who tried to live as normally as possible were fed up and some talked about teaching a protesters a lesson.  

"Honestly we need to get the troops out of their barracks and onto the streets." An Alcasian male told several others seated around a table as he ate some food.  

The videoscreen tuned to Alcasian Republic News Network had round the clock reports about the demonstrations there on Aloon One along with other planets through the Assentan Sectors, Berrans Sectors, Linnew Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Linnesan Sectors, Leens Sectors, Jerrson Sectors, and Nerran Sectors.  

Over the next few days, Governor Brown, and his counterparts on Assentan Sectors, Berrans Sectors, Linnew Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Linnesan Sectors, Leens Sectors, Jerrson Sectors, and Nerran Sectors. meet with their perspective cabinets and discussed deployment of Administrative District Guard Force Units in the major cities.  

On Alcasia, President Acres read over the daily intel reports that came into his office which warned of possible rioting in the Assentan Sectors, Berrans Sectors, Linnew Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Linnesan Sectors, Leens Sectors, Jerrson Sectors, and Nerran Sectors. 

At ARFIB Headqaurters, ARFIB Director Erricson sent urgent memos to the ARIB Field Offices on Assentan One, Assentan Sectors, Berrans Sectors, Linnew Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Linnesan Sectors, Leens Sectors, Jerrson Sectors, Nerran Sectors, Heera Sectors, Leerag Sectors, Neerad Sectors, Cerran Sectors, and Jerdan Sectors.  

The memo sent over a secured data transmission told the ARFIB Agents In Charge to prepare for any situation from vandalism, arson, riots, and so forth.  

At a number of Administrative District Guard Force barracks on several million planet systems throughout the 35,000 light-year by 800 light-year Assentan Sectors, Berrans Sectors, Linnew Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Linnesan Sectors, Leens Sectors, Jerrson Sectors, and Nerran Sectors activation orders were issued to the ADGF Infantry Units by Governor Brown, Governor Eban, Governor Smith, Governor Jones, Governor Michaels, Governor Brians, Governor Nathans, and Governor Thompson.  

As each unit was briefied by their Commanding Officer they were told to refrain from provoking any of the demonstrators. The situtation in many cities on a large number of planets was on the very edge. Local Municipal law enforcement officers on thousands of planets were issued riot gear and sent out alongside their Administrative District Guard Force and Sector Investigation Bereau conterparts.  

As of that moment, States of Emergency were declared by Governor Brown, Governor Eban, Governor Smith, Governor Jones, Governor Michaels, Governor Brians, Governor Nathans, and Governor Thompson for all planets in the 50,000 by 800 light-year Assentan Sectors, Berrans Sectors, Linnew Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Linnesan Sectors, Leens Sectors, Jerrson Sectors, Nerran Sectors, Heera Sectors, Leerag Sectors, Neerad Sectors, Cerran Sectors, and Jerdan Sectors. 

Throughout the various cities on each planet, heavily armed law enforcement officers attempted to restore some kind of order. Checkpoints were situated in various areas throughout each of the cities and everyone who fit the profile of the protesters were checked with a more careful eye.  

By this point however things already had passed the breaking point, a number of commerical buildings were set on fire by the protesters who proceeded to attack the ARFIB Agents, SIB Agents, and Administrative District Guard Force personnel in Assentan City and other cities on Assentan One, Assentan One, Arrea One, Arrea Two, Arrea Three, Arrea Five, Arrea Seven, Arrea Eight, Attren One, Attren Two, Attren Three, Attren Four, Attren Five, Attren Six, Attren Seven, Akerra One, Akkera Two, Akkera Three, Akkera Four, Akkera Five, Akkera Seven, Akkera Eight, Aderan One, Aderan Three, Aderan Four, Aderan Five, Aderan Seven, Aderan Eight, and every planet in the Argen System, Atteran System, Allsan System in the Assentan Sectors.  

Unless the rioters were brought under control, muncipal fire departments would be unable to tack the many arson based fire which sent plumes of thick black smoke into the sky.  

On Alcasia, President Acres called an emergency session of his cabinet in the early hours of March 1, 90,050 to figure out how to deal with the rioters in the 100,000 by 800 light-year Assentan Sectors, Berrans Sectors, Linnew Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Linnesan Sectors, Leens Sectors, Jerrson Sectors, and Nerran Sectors. 

The protestors managed to obtain large stockpiles of blaster rifles, and other weapons and began to overwhelm the ARFIB, SIB, and ARM Regional Guard Force Infantry Assault Units. Several ARM units had begun to support the Anti-government groups which called themselves the Alcasian Federal Military.  

ARMCOSC Commander Mark Terrans, Alcasian Army Chief of Staff Commander Evans, Alcasian Spacefleet Corps Chief of Staff Commander Brianson, Alcasian Guard Force Chief of Staff Commander Tennabs, and Alcasian Border Guard Chief of Staff Commander Onris along the majority of the Alcasian Republic Military were now faced with a full blown civil war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 54 8
Rimuru in the mcu from Phase 1-4
171K 3.3K 174
An accident. She's pregnant. How unlucky. She got pregnant in one shot! What was even more unfortunate was that the end of the world had arrived, and...
1.7M 112K 68
Mankind is evolving. Some love it, some fear it. Some embrace it, some envy it. For Zoey, the evolution of man has always been in the darkest part of...