Emma & The Beast

By GloryOfTheDamned

Cute, rich, and bubbly socialite Emma Blakely has had a sheltered life--that is until she decides to venture... More

Emma & The Beast

5.1K 170 66
By GloryOfTheDamned

Authors Notes: Sorry for any bad grammer or spelling for I did not edit. If this story gets many interest then I'll start editing my work ;P

Emma will be played by Ariana Grande

To support me in this story, please VOTE and COMMENT. Tell me your honest opinion, not about the grammer or spelling but how the story seems so far. :)

***

~Emma's POV~

"Emma, you really must take better care of yourself, dear."

I stifled a yawn, earning myself a stern glare from my mother.

"You must behave like a lady," she went on preaching, lifting her chin up. "If you can't be a lady then it wouldn't kill you to act like one."

I patted my mouth, yawning. "Mother, you just contradicted yourself."

"Oh do be quiet, Emma," Mother scolded, "you very well know what I mean."

I rolled my eyes. How long was this lecture going to go on? I had places to be, guys to flirt with, yummy cakes to taste...

"Emma, are you listening to me?"

I sat up straighter, properly sitting on the elegant chair like the lady that I was raised to be, but sadly was not. "Yes, Mama."

Mother sighed. "Honestly, Emma, what are we going to do with you? After that last incident with the Emerson boy..."

"That was last week!"

Mother's eyes narrowed. "That is beside the point, young lady! The way you treated that poor boy..."

I gave out an unlady like snort. "Mama, he was practically groping my breast."

"Emma!"

I ignored my mothers shocked gasp. "Well it's true." I slumped back against the seat, giving up on acting like a proper lady again. "Someone had to teach him that he can't feel the goods for free without damages."

Mother stood up straighter, neck practically straining up so she could look her nose down at me. "And what is that suppose to mean, Emma Joan Blakely?"

Uh oh. Damn. She had used my full name.

My eyes slid to the chair behind the large polished black desk in front of me and smiled sweetly. Time for plan B. If you can't reason with the Mama, involve the doting Papa.

"Papa," I smiled sweetly, "don't you think that Richard deserved what happened to him?"

"What do you mean, 'what happened to him'" Mother said, exasperated. "It was your fault that the poor boy ran into that fountain."

I snickered, the memory of snobby Richard Emerson diving head first into the very expensive chocolate fountain that our host had designed. Okay, so he hadn't dived there on his own. He had a little help from someone's perfectly manicured foot.

Okay, okay, so I tripped him...and Mother had been the only one to catch me on the act. She had been watching me like a hawk all that day. Pfft, when wasn't she?

A petite woman with dark hair and soft blue eyes, my mother ruled our home with an iron fist. Ever since I was seven she had tried to raise me up into a proper lady. I learned...but sadly I was never good at playing the part.

I was too bold, too out spoken and loud, too nosy and clumsy...blah blah blah.

I crossed my arm and puffed my cheek out, a childhood habit that my mother had failed to beat out of me. Not that she would ever try to raise a dainty hand to hit her only child but still...mothers had their ways. And now she was punishing me for what happened to Richard last week in that party by locking me the house. It's not my fault that he had been born a perverted groper.

Let's dance, he had said. You look beautiful, he had said. Then he 'accidently' brushed his hand under my breast. The first time I had smiled prettily and let it go. The fourth time was the deal breaker. The boy had to go down and down he went...into a chocolate fountain worth over one hundred thousand dollars..

I snickered again at the memory of his face and white tuxedo covered with chocolate. Without proof that someone, meaning me, had tripped him, the cost for the fountain came out of his pocket. Serves him right. Not that he lacked the money to pay for it. His parents were almost as rich as mine.

"Calm down, Susan," my father finally spoke, lowering the paper that he had been reading or at least pretending to read. "No harm had been done."

My father is a big man. Not fat but built like a linebacker or a wrestler. In his early forties, he was still a handsome man with steadily greying red hair and green eyes identical to my own. In fact I also got the red hair from him. Thank god that's all I got from him. Can you imagine pretty little me with The Hulk's body?

Burr!

"No harm?" Mother turned her glare on my father. "Rachel's party was ruined! Her fountain was ruined!"

"Who makes a one hundred thousand dollar chocolate fountain anyway?" I said dryly. But really...who does that? Oh right. Rich people with nothing better to do. I yawned. Speaking of rich people with nothing better to do...

"Papa, can I go now?"

"I think we should keep her locked up in her room," my mother said, "she can't possibly shame us there."

"Not true," I couldn't help but goad her, "I can always flash my boobs at the gardener from the windows."

"Emma Joan Blakely!" Mother screeched.

I shot up from the chair, quickly giving my father a kiss on the cheek. "See you later, Papa."

Papa nodded. "Be careful, sweetheart."

"Love you, Mama," I said quickly before she could protest. I hugged her. "You're such a nice, caring mother. The best mama in the whole world. You shine like the brightest of pearls."

"You shameless child," Mother rolled her eyes but I saw the spark in them. Mama had always been weak to flattery, specially mine and Papa's. "Go on with you," she shooed me to the door. "And for heaven's sake, please don't push anymore boys into chocolate fountains."

"Okay!" I waved, walking away. When I opened the door I glanced back and shot my parents a sassy grin. "But I didn't push him. I tripped him. After all, wasn't it you who taught me that a lady's hand must never get dirty, Mama?."

When father gave out a soft masculine chuckle and mother turned red, I closed the door with a giggle.

***

I stared out the limo window and sighed.

So friggin' bored! Sure I had just come from a little outing with some of my parent's friend's daughters but it had been so dull. All we did was sit and talk about boys and money and the lastest celebrity gossip.Once upon a time I would have been interested in that but now they all just bore me to death.

I sighed again.

Oh woe is me! How can someone have money yet be bored? Easy. After doing everything else you can do with money that my parents allowed me to do, everything becomes grey and bleak. Money can only do so much...

I sat up straighter. What I wanted was an adventure! Like in those movies where the heroine gets swept away on her feet when she meets a sexy adventures guy. How cool would that be? When will my chance come? When will Emma Blakely finally live to please only her self and not her parents? Not society?

I pressed a button and rolled down the window, peeking out. When was the last time that I had actually went somewhere on my own? Just by myself without my parents, without friends...When had I ever stepped out into this world on my own?

Never.

"Miss Blakely," the limo driver said, rolling down the connecting window inside the car. "I'm going to stop for gas if you don't mind."

I shook my head. "No, go ahead."

He pulled the limo over to a gas station. "I'll be back , miss. I'm sorry about this."

"It's okay. I'll just wait right here."

The driver nodded and stepped out, closing the door firmly behind him. Hanley was such a nice man. Nice but had a bad memory. If Mama found out that he had forgotten to fill the tank up again before picking me up...

I shrugged. Oh well, I'm not going to be the one to tell her. It wasn't really a big deal. She was just afraid that I'd get into trouble if I didn't go straight to where I'm suppose to be going. Geez, sometimes she treated me like a ticking time bomb.

How offensive! I'm a responsible young woman...whoa what's that!?

I pressed the window down more and stuck my head out. Ah ha! I knew I had seen something black pass by. It was a guy, head covered with a black hoodie. There shouldn't have been nothing interesting about him as he continued to walk away but for some reason my eyes remained fixed on him. There was something about the way he walked that reminded me of something...

"Hey," one of the three scruffy looking guys that had been loitering around stepped into the boys path. "You have any smoke on you, pal?"

When the boy didn't say anything, Mr. Scruffy leaned his face closer to the boy. "Hey, did you hear me?"

My eyes widened when the other two scrufs surrounded the boy wearing the black hoodie. Oh wow! This was just like the movies! I half expected for Mr. Hoodie to break into mad skills of Kung Fu when the three bullies pushed and shoved him around but he didn't do anything. I didn't hear him say anything either.

"Let's take this in the alley," one of the bullies said, glancing my direction. I kept staring, eyes wide. What? Just because they spotted me didn't mean I'd stop looking. In fact I gave them a little smile and wave.

Hello there creepy pot bellied bullies.

"Come one." They shoved Mr. Hoodie towards an alley out of my view. Geez, why hadn't he said anything? Called for help? Sing the Amazing Grace? Anything!? Instead he let them rough him around. Ugh! I gotta see what they're going to do to him.

I grabbed my small carry on purse, opening the door and slipping out. Making sure that the limo driver wasn't around to see me sneak off, I tip-toed towards the alley the four guys had disappeared into. I got strange looks from a couple of people but I just smiled and waved.

Gah! It's probably this damn pink dress. Made me stand out like a sore thumb.

I poked my head between the alley way before entering. I looked around, wrinkling my nose at the unsanitary garbage bins against the walls. Was that a cat in all that garbage? Poor Kitty! Wait no, I frowned, it was a dog! How cute! A teacup Chihuahua !

"Come here, you cute little thing," I said, approaching the little dog, "what is a precious thing like you doing here?" Dirty but precious.

The little caramel colored dog stared at me, watching me with frightened yet alert eyes.

"I wont hurt you," I cooed, picking up the shivering pup. "Aw, you're so skinny! Poor dear. Wanna come home with me?"

The dog looked hesitant but licked my nose. I laughed, hugging it close to me. It stunk like the garbage it had been eating out of but I didn't mind...much. I didn't even mind that it was getting my dress dirty. The poor doggy was starved!

"I'll take you home," I petted the dog. "Give you something to eat then a bath. You're a little stinker, aren't you?" My voiced cooed at the pup. "Aren't you? Aren't you just a widdle stinker?"

A sudden crash made me jump, nearly dropping the poor dog. I swirled around and heard distinct curses. Curiosity getting the best of me, I tucked the dog in my arm and walked towards the angry curses. I almost turned the corner into another alley but paused. Ah...there they are. The three bullies and the guy under the black hoodie.

"What the hell?" The two bullies stood over their fallen comrade. "What the hell happened?"

"That bastard hit me!" The bully on the ground groaned.

"Shit," they looked at Mr. Hoodie, who's head was still down. "We didn't even see him move."

My eyes widened. No way! Mr. Hoodie had broken out into an awesome Kung Fu moves and I hadn't been around to see it? No fair!

"What the fuck you on boy?" The bully that I dubbed as the leader pushed Mr. Hoodie's shoulder roughly. "You want a piece of me?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Punk," Mr. Bully Leader shoved harder. "Say something!"

A growl.

My head shot up straighter as Mr. Bully Leader stumbled back away from the hooded boy. There was definitely a growl and it was coming from the boy. Heart thumping with fear and excitement, I pressed closer to the wall, making sure I was concealed but still saw everything. The little pup in my arms remained still and alert, watching the scene unfold with me.

"Let's teach the cocky bastard a lesson," the bully from the ground said, finally standing. Three against one? How fair was that?

"Come on, " I whispered, "show them your awesome Kung Fu skills." I didn't know Mr. Hoodie but I had a feeling that he could handle his own with these three men. He stood there with his head down, hood concealing his features but there was no mistaking the strength that oozed out of him. It was almost primal. Savage.

I shivered.

It all happened so fast that I didn't even have time to blink. One minute they all attacked him at once and the next they were all on the ground, groaning. My brain tried to register what happened but it was a little in shock. The boy in the hood had moved like lightening!

When all three bullied attacked his hands and feet quickly acted with swift movements. He had kicked one guy in the stomach, sending him flying to the ground. Then he turned around and smacked another guy on the face, the poor guy dropping to the ground like a fly. The last one, the leader he had kicked and punched on the nose. I didn't know all this was a fact because my eyes had been skillful enough to register his fast movements but from the way his attackers were holding the places he had hit them. They were all groaning pathetically on the ground.

"Wow," I whispered, awed. Well holy shit! He kicked ass!

The guy, who I have now knighted to Mr. Cool-Butt-Kicking-Kung-Fu-Hoodie-Guy turned around, walking away from the scene with predatory strides. My eyes watched him, admiring his butt snugged in those blue jeans.

What!? A girl can't look?

My eyes shifted in time to see one of the bullies stagger up, pulling out a knife from his boot. He looked like he was ready to throw it at Mr. Cool-Butt-Kicking-Kung-Fu-Hoodie-Guy!!

Setting the dog down, I ran into the alley without giving it much thought to how much danger I was putting myself in. "STOP!!"

Everyone froze, even the Mr. Hoodie. He turned and looked at me, eyes flashing under the hood.

"Uh," I stared back at my stunned audience. Shoot...what do I do now? Errrrrr....Right! Distraction!

Bobbing my head, I smiled and started singing. "Everybody Is Kung Fu Fighting..The Mind Becomes As Fast As lightning". I even did the electric slide.

"It's the nosy bitch from the limo," The Bully Leader pointed at me.

I froze. Uh oh. Squeaking, I turned and ran when the leader of the bullies decided to make a grab for me. Well at least I tried to run. How the hell can anybody run in heels? I slipped on something and tripped, landing flat on my face in a heap of garbage. URGH! How degrading!

"Stupid bitch," he growled, grabbing my wrist and turning me around to face him forcefully. "I'm going to teach you a lesson to mind your own business."

"Let go!" I screamed as he pinned my back to the ground littered with garbage. "Let me go!"

"Shut up," my attacker growled.

I kneed him and ended up getting slapped on the face for it. I gasped, cheek stinging from the blow. My eyes watered. "Y-you hit me!"

"I'm going to do more than that, stupid bitch."

I sniffed. "You really hit me." No one has ever hit me before. Not even my own parents! I sniffed again. Ow...

A growl from behind him had my attackers head shooting up. He quickly looked back and saw the tiny caramel Chihuahua baring its teeth at him. My attacker laughed and tried to kick my new pet.

"Hey!" I snapped, "leave Stinky alone!"

He swirled back to me, his grin making me cringe. "Didn't I tell you to shut up? I'm going to show you who's bo-"

He never finished the sentence. One minute he was on top of me and the next he was sent flying to the wall. He groaned, dropping face down on the ground unmoving. Blinking, I sat up. Two other two bullies were also on the ground a couple of feet away, either dead or unconscious.

I looked up at the Hoodie guy. "H-hey, did you kill them?"

He said nothing, swirling around and walking away.

"H-hey! Wait!" I pushed myself up and winched, rubbing my right ankle. Damn, I hope I hadn't sprung it.

"Hold on!" I called after Mr. Hoodie, "wait for me!" Stinky followed me, darting around my feet barking. "Asshole," I grumbled when Mr. Hoodie didn't even turn back to look at me. He may be a master of King Fu but he certainly was no gentleman!

I sniffed, rubbing my sore cheek. Owwwwwwww! I can't believe that I had been slapped like that.Who goes around hitting women? Those...those...bullies!

I glanced back and raised my fist. "Bastards! I hope your penises rot off!!" Friggin' wife beaters. Stinky barked, agreeing with me.

"Slow down," I groaned, still following Mr. Hoodie. "I can't keep up! My ankle hurt! I stink! I lost my purse! I'm hungry! Hey! Stop ignoring meeee! Look, I'm fainting!"

I gracefully dropped to the ground, placing a hand over my forehead. I closed my eyes and waited for him aide. Seconds ticked by and I opened my eyes. He was nowhere in sight.

Ah! He was gone!!!

I stood, stumbled and groaned. Well I had wanted an adventure and I got it. This was not exactly what I was looking for but it had certainly been exciting, and now I'm going to die alone in a stinky alley.

"Hey," I wailed, "come back!"

Because after running in between so many alleys, following Mr. Hoodie, I had lost my way. I had no idea where the gas station with my limo was! I didn't know how to get back and I had lost my purse somewhere along the way and my cell phone was in there.

Sniff.

****

To Be Cont...

Continue Reading