Beautifully Linked - A MaNan...

By MagicalStarrySky

A story on two young, wild and impulsive souls, who are irrevocably bound to each other, come what may. The b... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Our little world
Chapter 3 - Patching Up
Chapter 4 - The Good-bye
Chapter 5 - Wishes coming true?
Chapter 6 - The 'hottie'
Chapter 7 - Sharing a dreamland
Chapter 8 - Escaping reality
Chapter 9 - Hot Chocolate

Chapter 2 - Leaving him

5.2K 569 98
By MagicalStarrySky

''Daddyyyy.. '' Tara tugged at Manik's vest, trying to wake him up.

''Come on baby, let's leave for the bus stop. We don't have time to waste..'' I approached her, hastily pulling on an overcoat.

''No. First, kissy and bye-bye from Daddy.'' Tara shook her head grumpily and crossed her arms across her chest.
It was almost like watching a mini version of myself when upset. She never left for her play-school until Manik gave her a kiss and said bye to her and she wasn't ready to give up on their self-created tradition either. Manik had completely spoilt her and was now sleeping like a log, blissfully unaware.

I sighed and poked his shoulders. ''Manik!!''

But the monster simply grumbled and turned to the opposite side. I glanced at Tara, who pouted even more looking at my unsuccessful attempts.

He usually always woke up on time to bid Tara good-bye, but I must have kept him awake last night. I knew he must have watched me sleep all night, wiped the dry tears on my face and cuddled me tight.. Because he just couldn't see me upset or in pain. And the irony was that he was the damned reason I was actually so upset.

''Manik!!'' I screamed louder, patting his cheeks hard next, panicking because we had just 5 minutes left.

''Kya hai yaar Nandini? Sone do na.. Raat bhar toh sone nahi diya..'' He mumbled in irritation and flapped his hands to push me away. ''I never even told you to stay awake..'' I retorted ''Anyways.. Bas ek kissy de do, phir you can sleep.''

Hearing that magic word, he immediately regained senses and before I could register what was happening, he had grabbed my hand, pulled me onto the bed and rolled on top of me. ''Sure Baby-girl.. Anything you say..'' He replied suavely.

I smacked his shoulders and pushed his face away just in the nick of time.. His lips had been barely inches away from mine. ''Manik, Our baby is here.. Kya kar rahe ho?!'' I chided him, trying to unsuccessfully push his well-built frame off me ''Kissy mujhe nahi, Tara ko chahiye!!''

Manik looked over his shoulders where his daughter stood, looking at both of us with so much of amusement, almost as if watching her favourite cartoon show. He then looked back at me, whispering ''Are you sure - tumhe nahi chahiye? You know..I don't mind giving both my princesses what they want.''

''Manik!!'' I exclaimed, blushing hard and he smiled knowingly at me. Even after so much time of being together, his kisses hadn't lost their staggering effect on me and neither did his charm. I was still as charmed by him as I was the first day I saw him.

He thankfully rolled off me and held out his arms ''Come Princess..''. Tara's face lit up and she happily pounced upon him. After giving a dose of his affectionate kisses on her chubby cheeks, Manik gently put her down.

I looked at the clock and sighed ''Its too late.. The bus must surely have left. Manik, go drop her now.. She got late only because of you. I have to leave for college anyways.''

''But Nandini, I am so sleepy.'' He pointed at the bags under his eyes and whined like a child. I shook my head at him.. Sometimes, he was no better than Tara.

''Let her take a leave today. I can't keep my eyes open'' He stated and plopped back on the bed. Tara was immediately encouraged by Manik's behavior and joined him in making excuses ''Mummy, I also want to do ninni.'' She got inside the blanket and placed her head on Manik's arm squeezing her eyes shut.

I had no choice but to give in to their mock-innocent faces. I had melted already but had to maintain a stern tone so that they wouldn't think they could get away with this all the time
''Fine. You guys do whatever you want, I'm leaving for college. Manik, just don't forget you have an album recording in the afternoon..''

''Bye mummy.. I love you.'' Tara suddenly squeaked as I was running out and when I turned, listening to her voice - she had dropped back on to the pillow, faking sleep.

''I love you too Mrs Malhotra.'' It was my monster next. I just smiled at them and exited quickly, because it was only the next moment, my eyes were threatening to fill up with tears.

Its only a matter of 15 days, Nandini.
I tried consoling myself.

But obviously, the fear within me had the upper-hand.
15 days without Manik.. Would I be able to do it? Would I be able to take care of Tara alone there?

Manik and I had shifted to Manhattan from Mumbai with our newly born baby-girl 3.5 years ago. We had been desperate to leave the place that had so many dark memories associated with it - Soha's death and all the years Manik had dwelled in guilt and depression there, Nyonika's scheming plans and attacks, Dhruv's attack sending Manik into coma at a time when I was pregnant and needed him most, and the most painful - the loss of our new born baby boy because of heart failure.

After getting married in a simple court-marriage ceremony here in New York, we had settled down, creating a new life with our princess. While I'm in my last year at college, Manik finished up with his music study at Manhattan School of Music and began working on music albums, which drew quite an audience when released in India and gave him a small but steady fan-base. He would have been much more of a success if he would go to India for promotions or events but he never took up those offers.

His priority was never money or fame, it was always just his shining stars - Me and Tara.

---------------

''Hey Nandini. Please tell me Manik maan gaya.'' Navya spoke in a flow, without even letting me greet her back. I was on my way back home after college, when Navya had called.

I let out a disappointed sigh. She didn't need anything more from me. My silence was bad news. She must have kept my phone on speaker mode, because Cabir groaned immediately and then replied to me ''That stubborn-head. I can't believe he's okay with missing our wedding..''.
Yes, Cabir and Navya were finally getting hitched.

''You know he wants to come too Cabir, its all those bad memories stopping him..'' I tried my best to assure them, knowing they would understand.

''Infact, I'm very scared to come alone myself but I'm still doing it. You guys know, me and Manik haven't stayed seperate since so long. I don't know if I'll be able to stay without him... Or take care of Tara alone. Its going to be so difficult!! '' I added, my extremely upset tone conveying it all.

''And you think it will be easy for him to stay without you and Tara?'' Cabir asked.

''Yes, Nandini.. Trust me, he's going to take the next flight and follow you both.'' Navya joined, laughing a little. I smiled at their attempts to console me and cut the call after saying bye to both.

I desperately hoped they were right.. But, I also knew how stubborn Manik could be.

----------------

''Mummy, shee what I did.'' Tara was bouncing up and down on the couch when I entered our little flat.

''Oh..What did my baby do?'' I asked, laughing at her enthusiasm and feeling instantly revived by her chirpiness, even though I had been extremely tired after a long day at college.

''Come Mummy..'' She pulled my hand and began leading me towards our bedroom.

''Where's Daddy?'' I asked her as we walked. ''We came back flom offish.. And he shlept again.'' She pouted in frustation.

''But shee what I did - I put shtickers on Daddy!!'' She announced happily as I entered the bedroom. I gasped in shock, registering the sight infront of me. Because what she was calling 'stickers' were my wax strips for hair removal and they were all over a sleeping Manik's bare chest.

''Tara, what did you do?!! Those aren't stickers!'' I ran upto Manik and Tara gave me a confused look, wondering why her Mummy wasn't joining her excitement and glee.

I sat next to Manik, and inspected the strips. Thankfully, he didn't have very thick hair on his chest.. It was only a very fine sprinkling of hair. Nevertheless, pain was going to be unavoidable.

Better done before he wakes up. I took a deep breath and pulled out one of the strips in a flash.

''OOUUCHHHHH!!!''
I flinched and so did Tara.

Manik opened his bewildered eyes and looked down at his chest decorated with wax strips and a freshly waxed rectangular patch, and then at both of us.

''Nandini!! What the f..'' He stopped right there, because even though that hurt badly, he wouldn't swear infront of his princess.

''Maine kuch nahi kiya.'' I instantly spoke in my defense. He looked at Tara who pulled an utterly innocent and angelic face. ''Shorry Daddy.'' She said, holding her ears.

''No.. No, baby. Its okay..'' Manik quickly shook his head and ruffled Tara's hair.

Evaluating his state - the baffled, half-sleepy face and all those wax-strips on his chest, I suddenly burst out laughing. ''How will these come off now?'' He half-cried, looking back at me, almost accusingly.

''Why did you have to sleep so much?'' I countered, trying hard to stop laughing.

''I didn't sleep at all. Tara ne sone hi kahan diya.. I took her for ice-cream as soon as you left, and then for that music recording. Bas abhi aaya hoon.'' He answered, looking at the strips in distaste. Finally feeling pity for him, I supressed my laughter and rubbed his cheek ''Wait, I'll get them off for you.''

I took Tara outside to the living room, not wanting her to hear Manik's screams and get scared for him. I switched on a cartoon show and she happily took seat on the couch infront of the TV.

Now, back to my poor big baby.
I went back to him, quickly stripped off the remaining strips, feeling bad for him each time he shouted out in pain. Once I was done, he looked at his hair-free chest and wiped sweat off his forehead ''Nandini, this is torture!! Main toh kehta hoon, tum bhi yeh sab mat karo.. I didn't know you had to go through so much pain!!''

I laughed and used some cleaning strips and balm to soothe his skin next. He hissed and groaned all the while.

''Is it hurting too much?'' I asked.

''A little.''

I bent and placed several kisses on the irritated skin of his chest, all trailing down to his V-line.

''Nandini..'' He groaned some more. I realised this time, it was one that reflected pleasure and pulled back, smiling naughtily. He loved leaving me flustered and it was only on rare occassions, I got to do the same with him.

But ofcourse, as I moved away.. He pulled me back onto the bed and pinned me down by coming on top of me. ''Playing naughty Mrs Malhotra?''

I smirked, even though his bare toned torso pressed onto mine, those intense eyes and that husky whisper had begun doing things to me. I tried pushing him, but he remained still.

''Mat jao please.'' He suddenly said and I stopped struggling. His voice had softened, sounding vulnerable now and his eyes pleadingly bore into mine. This wasn't a game anymore.. I knew exactly what he was talking about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 850 21
ek crazy Love story .... ek crazy couple.... different from each other yet similar...
1.9K 252 5
Welcome to this world of Manan. This book includes a collection of various short stories of Manik and Nandini with interesting storylines. This will...
1.1M 108K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...
25K 1.6K 30
This is a Historical story based a pure love and relations .