His Forever (His #2)

بواسطة bourbonvanilla

This is the second book of His series. Please read the first one (His At Night), otherwise this book won't ma... المزيد

Summary
Chapter 1 : Mr. Changeable
Chapter 2 : Mr. Persistent
Chapter 3 : Mr. Apologetic
Chapter 4 : Mr. Unstoppable
Chapter 5 : Mr. Remarkable
Chapter 6 : Mr. Complicated
Chapter 7 : Mr. Different
Chapter 8 : Mr. Cute
Chapter 9 : Mr. Assorted
Chapter 10 : Mr. Afraid
Chapter 11 : Mr. Erratic
Chapter 12 : Mr. Volatile
Chapter 13 : Mr. Supportive
Chapter 14 : Mr. Willing
Chapter 15 : Mr. Wanting
Chapter 16 : Mr. Annoyed
Chapter 17 : Mr. Domineering
Chapter 18 : Mr. Disturbed
Chapter 19 : Mr. Giving
Chapter 20 : Mr. Boundless
Chapter 21 : Mr. Efficient
Chapter 22 : Mr. Heady
Chapter 23 : Mr. Combative
Chapter 24 : Mr. Sneaky
Chapter 25 : Mr. Determined
Chapter 26 : Mr. Vulnerable
Chapter 27 : Mr. Happy
Chapter 28 : Mr. Mine
Epilogue : Mr. Husband
Braden's POV: Chapter 5 : Mr. Irresistable (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 21 : Mr. Eager (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 32 : Mr Heartbreaker (book one)
Braden's POV: Chapter 4 : Mr. Unstoppable (book two)
His to Love (His #3)

Braden's POV: Chapter 12 : Mr. Fierce (book one)

135K 3K 474
بواسطة bourbonvanilla

Please don't forget to vote and comment!

I don't know why I agreed to do this. Probably to be a complete jerk. Probably to show Rory that what we have isn't romance. Or it's maybe me I wanted to show that to. Hell, I don't know anymore.

But I'm here now at the Redster, the bar where Rory works, with Ivy, a beautiful woman who I should be more than happy to be with. She's got a really nice body, she's petite, her long blonde hair complimenting her figure. Anyone would probably kill to be in my place right now. But I know what I'm doing isn't right and I know this is going to hurt Rory.

I don't dare to look at her. I'm afraid what I'm going to see on her face. Hurt? Betrayal? Hatred? Or maybe she doesn't care as much as I think she does? Maybe she doesn't feel that deep about me.

I try to give Ivy the attention as she speaks. I'm doing this for her because she asked me for a favour to make her on and off boyfriend jealous. I could easily decline her offer, easily tell her that I can't, because I'm seeing someone. But I guess I wanted to prove a point – I don't know to whom yet, but I'm trying to figure it out.

I tried to distance myself from Rory these past days. I realized I'm getting too involved with her, that this is getting dangerous. She affects me more than anyone before and I just can't stop thinking about her. She's on my mind constantly. I needed to end this mess in my head.

If I never met Rory, I would probably give Ivy a chance. But now after Rory ... No other woman is doing it for me anymore. I can't stop comparing Ivy to Rory the whole evening. How her face is so full of make up, her natural features are barely visible under those thick layers of products. How her laugh is more fake and loud, also reserved when Rory's always easy-going with no holding back. How she's so direct, not having any problems at flirting and being direct. While Rory is shy at times and so sweet and delicate. Like an angel.

Jesus, this is so screwed up.

When Ivy moves her chair closer to me, I don't stop her, even though it makes me flinch a bit. I don't like another woman that's not Rory being this close to me. Why did I agree to this?

''So, I heard you're seeing someone. Is that true?'' Ivy asks, seducing me with her eyes. She's good, I'll tell her that. But she's not the right one.

My gaze subconsciously travels the room and stops on Rory who's already looking my way. When she sees me looking, she turns her eyes elsewhere immediately.

''Yes, but it's nothing serious,'' I say, lying straight trough my teeth. It's serious. Everything inside of me knows it's serious. Yet I'm going to deny it to everyone, especially to me and her. Because I don't want to ever be vulnerable enough to get hurt by another person, not by my choice.

''Then you don't mind me doing what I've wanted to do the whole night right?'' Ivy shifts even closer to me, her voice dropping low.

My eyes finally fall on her, trying to get what she means with that when she suddenly closes the distance between us and puts her mouth on mine.

It shocks me, making me freeze. She doesn't taste right. She doesn't feel right. She's just not right. Yet I do nothing to stop her. I kiss her back instead, forcing Rory out of my head. She's in there way too much for my liking, anyway, and I don't want that.

I get out all the frustration I feel for Rory in a kiss with another woman. Everything she makes me feel. For making me obsessed with her. For making me want to control her in everything so I can protect her from everyone. And also for her not answering her phone when I've been trying to reach to her, even though I promised myself a distance.

I kiss Ivy back with force, my mind playing tricks with me again, imagining I'm kissing Rory. But the feeling's just not right.

I break our kiss and my eyes fall on the bar, trying to look for Rory, but she's not there. I panic, knowing that she probably saw the kiss, but not knowing what was her reaction to it.

''I guess I can agree to the rumours, then. You truly are an amazing kisser, Braden Campbell,'' Ivy breathes in awe, staring at me with big eyes.

I forcibly smile at her when all I want to do is leave her and go look for Rory. I choose not to respond to that statement, instead choosing a safer subject. ''Would you like anything to drink?''

Ivy is slightly hurt from my ignorance to her statement, but I don't care. I'm not here to please her feelings. She straightens up and nods at me. ''A martini would be great, please.''

I stand up abruptly going to the bar and wait there for Rory. I don't have to wait for long when she presents me with her presence, her surprise visible when she sees me there. She comes closer to me, but she doesn't make eye contact with me, rather choosing my dress shirt to look at. ''What would you like to drink?'' she asks me in a monotone voice.

I don't respond her immediately, instead I study her face intently. She's been crying, I note. Because of me? Dammit. I shouldn't have done what I did. I let it go too far. I shouldn't bring another woman with me here in the first place.

I put my hand under her chin, lifting her head so I can see her face more clearly. She winces at my touch and I remove my hand as if it stings from her burn. This is not good. It saddens me to see that hurt look, pure of betrayal, even though she tries really hard to mask and hide it.

''Is something wrong with your phone?'' I choose as my first question because that's what's been bothering me greatly – her not answering her phone.

Her face transforms then in front of my eyes, turning from hurt to just plain mad. ''It's broken,'' she tells me with venom in her voice.

My eyes narrow at her curt response. ''I need 10 minutes with you. Meet me in the dressing room in five,'' I demand, my voice turning angry, letting out all of my frustration from the past few days on her. I need to get her alone. To make things right again.

She looks at me ridiculously. I lift my eyebrows in a challenge, willing her to defy me if she dares. ''I'm not going anywhere with you. I'm working. Either you order a drink or go back to your date,'' she puts emphasises on the last word, rolling it with her tongue, her face turning sour as if it'd leave a bad taste in her mouth.

And I hit a jackpot here. So she is bothered to see me with another woman. It pleases me, as wrong as that is. My mouth curves in a half of a smile. ''Still stubborn as ever, I see.'' My tone is amused.

Hers isn't so much. ''Look, Braden, I don't have time. I've had some slips at work these past days so if you don't want me to get fired, order something or don't keep me from doing my job.''

Her words spark an interest in my body. Was she affected as much as me because we weren't in contact? But no matter what, I wouldn't let her get fired. She's passionate about her job, even if it's not God knows what, but if anyone would try to give her shit, they'd have to deal with me.

I laugh bitterly. ''Wouldn't I know ...'' I mutter and narrow my eyes in response. Because I've had hell at work these past days, too. I couldn't concentrate and it was the worst punishment for me to cut off the only thing that I wanted to have near. I'm tired and cranky and all I want is to be in wrapped up in Rory, but I'm also a stubborn asshole who's trying to prove a point.

We stare at each other, none of us giving up first. We're both stubborn.

''Fine.'' It's me who gives up first. ''Let it be as you wish. A glass of whisky and a martini for the lady,'' I spit the words out, frustrated at how is this twisted situation turning out. I can't help but mock her, watching her reaction. But she only gives me a small nod and goes to prepare my order.

I pay for the drinks and turn around without another word, walking away. Ivy is staring at me the whole time I'm walking towards her and I force myself to give her a small smile.

Ivy acts affectionately with me, trying to prove some point and it's starting to slowly get on my nerves. I didn't know what I was signing up when I agreed to do this and I don't think I've ever regretted a thing more in my life. I don't dare to look at Rory because I can't keep punishing myself like that. I'm here with another woman by my own choice. It was my choice to hurt Rory and betray her like this – because I damn well knew this is going to hurt her.

But I guess I also wanted to punish her for not answering her phone. But her telling me now it's broken ... I brought myself into a huge mess.

''You seem to know the bartender,'' Ivy comments, leaning towards me, her cleavage spilling out of her dress. I'm not even tempted to look in all honesty. It's not as impressive as Rory's, so therefore it doesn't interest me.

''She's my sister's flatmate,'' I say flatly, without any emotion, not wanting to give anything away.

Ivy's eyebrows raise up and she looks surprised. ''A flatmate?'' she repeats. ''She's ... huh, really nice looking I'd say.''

''Yeah, she's not bad,'' I grit out. I don't want to talk about Rory with Ivy. I don't want Ivy even near Rory, never mind me bringing her to the bar she works at.

My eyes involuntary search across the room, going straight to the bar. What I see has my blood boiling and my jaw clenches so hard my teeth start to hurt. She's talking to someone; a man. I can't see his face and expression that well, but I can see Rory's perfectly. And she's flirting with him, leaning over on the counter to give him a nice view, no doubt.

My hands grip the chair handles so tight I almost break them. And when he tries to touch her breast, I see red. What the hell? What the hell?!

Rory stops him, but she still doesn't move away. She leans even closer to him. My eyes narrow as I focus on every move they make. If that man doesn't go away from her soon, this is going to end badly. He's inching closer to her now. I see Rory has her hand placed on top of his on the counter. I lose it. I lose it completely.

I push the chair back from the table and stand up, almost running to the bar. I don't say anything to Ivy, I forget she's there actually. I can only think about breaking that man's bones if he doesn't go away from Rory right this instant.

I come behind him just when he dips his head and places his lips on Rory's. I don't even think. I grab his shoulders and wrench him back with all the force I can muster. I pin him to the counter with my hands on his collar with murder running through my thoughts.

''I suggest you put your hands away if you don't want to stay without them tonight,'' I seethe. I don't try to hide my anger, even though my words come out as calm and composed. That's only an act because I'm anything but calm and composed. I'm on the verge of losing it.

The man puts his hands up in defeat. ''Sorry, bro. Didn't know she was taken,'' he says with a voice filled with panic.

That pisses me off even more. Before I can say anything, I hear Rory's demand, ''Braden, release him. Now.'' Her words are short, letting me know how angry she is. I stare at the man a little longer with hard eyes, making sure he understands not to mess with me again. Because I'm going to destroy him so much he won't even recognise himself after I'm finished with him. I release him finally and watch him as he walks away, my gaze narrowed on him. I then turn to Rory and lean forward so she can hear every word clear I have to say to her.

''I want you in the changing room in three minutes,'' I say, my voice calm. She wants to protest I see, but I lift my finger up to shut her up, done with arguing with her about this and her defying me. ''Without excuses this time, Rory. If you're not there in three minutes, I'll come out and personally get you in there.'' I stare at her, silently telling her not to deny me my request.

When I'm sure she understands it clearly, I walk to the back rooms. I go to the changing room, pacing back and forth, clasping my hands behind my back so I don't get the urge to break something or destroy the whole room. Goddammit, she's going to put me in a grave. I can't believe she let that happen. I can't believe she let another man put his hands on her – his mouth on her!

Just thinking about it makes me want to commit murder. Did she feel the same way when she saw me with Ivy tonight?

I guess what I did is backfiring today, after all. Is this her way to punish me back? Because she's succeeding. I know I did a mistake to agreeing to Ivy's pleads. So can I blame Rory for trying to pay me back? If that's what she tried to do ...

God this is all so messed up.

When Rory comes to the room, I stop and stare and her. Seeing her gets me all riled up again. ''What the fuck is your problem, Rory?'' I ask her calmly – when I'm anything but – not moving my eyes away from her. My jaw is clenched tight and I'm barely holding back.

She stares back at me and lifts her eyebrows. ''My problem? I don't have any problem. Do you want me to ask you the same question because it seems like you have one, Mr Campbell.'' She crosses her arms in front of her.

This woman ... ''Ever a joker, Ms Warren. Please, humour me then while we talk about some things,'' I speak the words out slow and even.

She lets out a dry laugh. ''And what things may that be, Mr Campbell?'' She tilts her head on the left, which irritates me. She acts so nonchalant and so unaffected by everything tonight it makes me angry.

I take a dangerous step closer to me. I see she wants to move away, but she fights it, her eyes determined to prove a point. ''Stop this, Rory. This is serious, don't make me angry even further,'' I grunt out. My hands form into fists beside my body, wanting to punch something so badly tonight.

She swallows hard and rubs her arms with both her hands. I see the goose bumps on the arms. I'm scaring her. This is not what I want. I will myself to calm down.

''Why haven't you answered your phone?'' I shoot out, my tone accusing. Because if she picked up her phone, we wouldn't be in this mess. I'm a man who doesn't allow to get hurt and if I sense someone wanting to play around with me, I move forward, take a step ahead of them and make a move on my own. And I sensed Rory was playing games.

''I already told you – it's broken.'' Her tone sounds bored like she'd rather be anywhere else than with me in this room.

Is she mad at me? Of course she is ... I'm a jerk. I've been a jerk to her. ''You're mad at me,'' I say after a moment of silence.

She lifts her eyebrows at me. ''You don't tell,'' she replies sarcastically.

I stare at her. ''Why?'' I simply ask. ''If anybody should be mad here, it should be me.'' Not true exactly, but I want to get something out of her. An emotion, just something to show me she's not as disinterested in this as she seems to be,

She laughs at me now. ''Enlighten me, Braden, why should you be mad?'' her tone is turning hard. I'm getting somewhere with her, finally.

I cross my arms in front of me. ''You called me two days ago and then you didn't answer any of my texts and my calls. You made me worried sick, Rory,'' I confess. ''And what the fuck was that out there with that man?'' My blood boils just thinking about it.

She stares at me in disbelief. ''Are you for real now, Braden? First of all, you promised to call me on Monday. I haven't heard from you for two days after we fucked, and then what do you do? You show up at the bar I'm working at, bringing a date and act all lovey with her! So, forgive me for being mad!''

I rub my face with my hands. I'm trying to calm down so I don't explode at her crude words. ''I didn't call you because I had to fly out of the state to take care of some business. For the woman here with me tonight, she's no one, really,'' I speak softly. That's all true. I haven't been in the state these past two days because of work. She could know that if she picked up her phone.

She nods. ''Fine. I couldn't answer my phone because ... it broke.'' I sense she's hiding something, but she continues before I can say anything about it. ''And, really, Braden? Are all girls you kiss and fuck just a nothing to you?'' she asks. She stares at me with a hard stare. ''Am I just that, too?'' she whispers.

Oh, God. Does she really feel that way? Can't she see? Jesus, she's way more than she thinks. She means way more to me than she could imagine and that's what scares me. That's what makes me act like an asshole to her; to push her away. ''Why did you call me on Monday? I thought something happened to you, God damn!'' And that's part of the reason I'm mad at her, too. I had to call Brooke to ask her if everything's alright with Rory and she had to reassure me she's well so I didn't sit on the plane and came home and see for myself.

I turn away from her and place my hands on the wall, then put my head on the hands, breathing hard. That was not something I'd want to go through again. She means a lot to me and if anything happened while I was away ... I can't even think about it.

''Of course you're not nothing to me, Rory,'' I mumble, still turned away from her. ''Don't ever think that.''

''Why didn't you tell me the truth, Braden?'' her voice is closer now and I can hear it break.

I abruptly turn around at her words, not understanding what she's asking. What truth? ''What are you talking about?''

''You being a fucking billionaire? You fucking a new girl every week? You having your own company, plus owning half of this state? Rings any bells?''

Oh, that. So she found out then. I should expect it sooner or later. I'm a well-known man and she'd stumble upon my name anywhere she went. And now it wasn't me who told her about it. My shoulders sag. ''You know,'' I breathe out, panic rising inside of me. What is her reaction going to be to this? Is she going to be like every other woman I've been with? Wanting money and expecting me to buy her expensive things for her now, covering her bills and taking her to eat out in expensive restaurants?

I held hope that Rory might be a different one. She seemed different one and that's the reason I didn't want to tell her about my money. A second reason is that I didn't want her to look differently at me. I knew she was nervous around me from the start and she didn't even know about what I do yet.

I only regret her finding out about the women. Not that I was particularly hiding that. And it's not like she isn't one of them. But I knew she wouldn't be that happy to know about them. She's just ... different. Or at least she seems to be.

Her forehead wrinkles. ''Yes, I know. How long did you intend to lie to me and hide this from me? I mean, really, Braden, are you really ashamed of me that much?'' her voice comes out broken.

Her words hit me like a train. Ashamed? Of her? Where is this even coming from? Why the hell would I be ashamed of her? I panic. ''Hell, no! I'm not ashamed of you! What the hell, Rory, why would you even think that?'' I don't hide my anger. ''And I technically didn't lie to you, I just ... look, I wanted to tell you. Soon. I had my reasons not to.''

She rolls her eyes at me, making me narrow mine in response. ''Well, what do you want me to think, then? I had to find out through the Internet what you do for a living. Or who do you do for living.'' She snorts. Low blow. ''God damn, Braden, I asked you where do you work - not just once - so please stop giving me some poor excuses, because I'm not stupid!'' she raises her voice, now shouting at me with full force.

I don't like that. And I won't react back the same way. I don't want to yell, I was never a fan of it. And her words ... God, her words. She's putting the words in my mouth here, thinking I think she's stupid when I know she's anything but.

''Rory, I'm sorry for not telling you. I would tell you soon, anyway, and I'm not happy how you found out, either,'' I make sure my voice is as sincere as I am. I go with my hands through my hair in exasperation. ''I'm not telling you any excuses, I'm telling you the truth. Being the man I am, it's hard to trust people,'' I say with hurt in my voice. I've been screwed over by a lot of people in my life, even those closest ones to me.

''Then why didn't you, Braden? Why didn't you tell me?'' she asks me softly. She looks afraid, but of what, I don't know.

''Because for the first time in my life, I wanted a woman to like me for who I am, not for the numbers I have in my bank account,'' I almost whisper. I'm not used to being vulnerable in front of anyone and I'm not used to showing my emotions. But something about Rory brings that out of me. And I don't want to hurt her any further so it's almost fair I speak nothing but truth and let her know how I feel.

''I'm not interested in a dime you have,'' she tells me honestly.

Yes, baby, I've figured that out. It helps that she confirms my hopes and wishes. ''I know that,'' I say with all the trust I have in her, making her release a breath out, almost as if she's relieved of my answer.

''It still hurt, you know,'' she says quietly after minutes of silence, avoiding my eyes.

I don't say anything and look at her confusedly, wondering what she's talking about and letting her continue.

''It still hurt that you didn't give me that promised call. That I found out you have a new girl every few days. I thought you ...'' She puts her hand on her throat, massaging it. ''I thought you used me and you went to look for a new girl. And then tonight ... you did, didn't you? Go find a new girl?'' Her voice shakes.

''God, no,'' I quickly deny. Did I really lead her to think that? ''Rory, come here.'' My voice is tight.

She shakes her head and still avoids my eyes, driving me crazy again.

''Please, come here. I want you closer, Rory.'' I haven't seen her for days, haven't heard her voice for days. I missed her. And now that I came back, I hurt her with bringing another woman to where she works, kissing her in front of Rory. I can't help being a jackass to her, it seems. But, God, I need to know this hasn't broken us. That my mistake didn't destroy what we have. I'd hate it – hate myself even more.

She takes two steps forward so she's standing closer, but she still keeps some distance between us. But I don't want any distance between us anymore, so I take two steps, standing so close to her I can feel the warmth of her small body.

I cup her jaw in my hand and tilt her head up so she's looking at me. ''I did not go out to look for a replacement for you. I'm here, aren't I?'' I ask softly, scanning her face for whatever emotions I could read on it.

''You are. But you're not alone.'' I hate how broken and lost she sounds.

I sigh. ''Forget her, okay? She's literally no one.''

''I don't kiss random guys who mean nothing to me, so don't feed me excuses,'' she says, angry again.

Her anger spikes mine and makes me remember what happened at her bar again. ''Well, you obviously do, seeing you were pretty close with that guy out there.'' I step one step back, putting some distance between us. I release her jaw, losing the only contact with her body.

''Oh, so you can bring a girl here and kiss her in front of me, but I can't flirt with another guy? Talk about hypocrisy!''

I'm taken aback from her accusation, even though I know I deserved that.

''I have to go. I'm working and I don't want to get fired. I've had enough slips these past days,'' she grits out and turns to walk away.

I grab her by her elbow, not letting her go. She tries to lose my touch and release my hold, but I don't want to let her go. ''You're not going anywhere,'' I say darkly.

She turns her head around and gives me a death stare. ''Let me go, Braden. I don't want to get fired because of you,'' she tells me calmly.

Oh, if she only knew ... She's not going to get fired, not anytime soon, as long as she'd like to keep this job. It's hers. I chuckle dryly. ''You won't get fired, sweetheart,'' I say with a mischievous tone.

''How do you know that? Just because you're owning half of this country and have more money than the president itself, doesn't mean you have a hold of me and my job.''

I seal my lips and don't say anything. I know exactly when she figures it all out when her face gets pale. ''Oh, God,'' escapes out of her mouth. She puts a hand on her stomach. ''Please tell me I'm thinking wrong,'' she whispers in horror.

I just stand here, holding onto her so she can't escape me and make sure my face is calm and relaxed, not giving much away. ''You didn't. Tell me you didn't.''

I don't respond, but that's all the answer she needs. She releases a deep breath and sags in front of me.

''You're owning this bar, too,'' she says to no one particularly but herself. ''You're literally my boss ...'' she whispers in horror, searching my face for an answer which I don't want to give her verbally. I make sure my face is neutral. She pretty much figured it all out and it didn't even take her that long. Smart one, like I knew she was.

''Get away from me.'' She shakes my hand off and steps back.

I didn't expect that so she takes me by surprise again. I'm in full panic now. ''Rory, let me explain, please,'' I say with not that much authority anymore, it's rather filled with panic.

She shakes her head and puts her arms around herself. ''No. Go back to your girl, don't keep her waiting because of me, yeah? I'll just go back to work,'' she says and rushes past me, wanting to go out of the changing room, but I put a hand on the door, keeping her away from opening it. My body is right behind hers.

I can't help myself. I put my hand on her waist, keeping my other one on the door, caging her so she can't escape me. I lean into her, my body now pressed against her. ''Stop being stubborn and let me explain, baby,'' I whisper in her ear. I squeeze her waist.

She doesn't answer me and that's an answer enough for me. I spin her around so she's facing me. She puts her hands flat on the door and I can feel and hear her deep breathing. My eyes drop from her eyes to her lips and a quiet groan escapes me. ''Jesus, how much I want to kiss you,'' I state.

Her lips part so I take that as an invitation. When I lean in to kiss her, she surprisingly turns her head on the side, denying me, and pushing me away from her.

''Don't you dare to put your mouth and hands on me after you touched her,'' she seethes. I can hear the hurt in her voice. She doesn't explain it any further, but I know who she means. I know she saw everything tonight. Her jealousy, though, is a massive turn on. I like her being possessive.

I sigh and go with my hands through my hair, pulling it at the ends. ''You're being difficult,'' I say. My voice is slightly darker, a clear indication I'm turned on by her – but then, when am I not?

She gapes at me. ''I'm being difficult? Are you even hearing yourself?'' She emphasises every word and speaks it slowly. She's pissed off (again).

I sigh. ''I didn't mean it like that – I'm sorry, okay? I'm just frustrated.'' And that puts it mildly. I'm crazy. She makes me like that. She makes me lose my mind over her. She makes me do irrational things. I shove my hands in my hair again.

''Let's just drop it, okay? I have to go back at the bar,'' Rory says tiredly, obviously too tired to continue this argument. It's fine with me. I haven't seen her for two days and I don't want right now to spend it arguing, even though I should expect it, of course.

''Fine. But this conversation is not finished. I'll take you home tonight,'' I state, placing my eyes on her and willing her to surrender to me. I want to clear this thing up and then wrap myself around her in her bed.

''Not a chance,'' Rory shoots back, giving me a hard stare right back, matching mine.

So, she's going to make this difficult for me. I should expect that, too. But she should also expect that when I set on something and want something, I don't give up until I get it. I lift an eyebrow and purse my lips. ''Now you're truly being difficult, Rory.''

She lifts her head up higher. ''No, I'm just saying. We're not fucking tonight and you won't change my mind about that. I'm not someone you'll fuck when you please and then leave without a word for I don't know how many days, then coming back and demanding me to sleep with you. I didn't agree on that,'' she explains to me.

This is even worse than I expected. Does she seriously think this? Does she seriously think so poorly of me? And herself? Of how much she's worth?

My face turns serious and my eyes go stone hard. I shift on my legs. ''See?'' I jerk my head in her direction. ''That's exactly why I want to take you home and talk to you.'' When she wants to protest, I stop her. ''And who said anything about fucking?'' I roll the word off my tongue, playing with it. I send her a smirk. ''Though I wouldn't mind. At all,'' I say lowly and darkly. I wouldn't mind at all to have her spread beneath me, but that's obviously going to have to wait. It doesn't keep me from thinking about the ways I want to take her.

She breathes the air out of her nose. I can see the desire I sparked in her eyes and it's honestly the best thing ever to know I can do that to her. ''I don't see any reason that you'd take me home.'' Her voice is low and dark, too, filled with so much desire it makes me want to take her right now, right here.

I put my hands in the pockets of my suit pants so I don't get tempted to follow on my thoughts and grab for her, having my way with her. ''I just gave you plenty reasons of why I want to take you home,'' I reply lowly. God, she's a stubborn woman when she wants to be.

She crosses her arms in front of her, doing wonderful things to her breast by lifting them even higher as if they need any help. ''What will you do with your date, then? Leave her here? Or better yet, take her with us so we can have a threesome?'' She tries to sound like she's joking, but it doesn't sound funny to me.

She shocks me with her words. Oh, hell. Is she playing? Does she mean that or is she sarcastic again? I can't tell with her sometimes, that's the thing. I sneer. ''Is that something you're interested in?'' I ask in all seriousness. It's just because I want to know, not that I'd do it. I don't think I'd be able to be intimate with another woman in front of Rory. Even if she wanted me to. And I don't share her either – not with women and even less with men.

''What?'' she gapes at me. ''Are you insane?''

That's what I was thinking. Good answer. My mouth lifts in a half smile. ''I'll take that as a no.'' She still stares at me incredulously and my mouth now turns into a full grin. ''Damn, I missed you and your smart mouth,'' I suddenly breathe out, the pain laced in my words.

It's all the truth I can't hide. And I realise that I don't want to hide it. I want her to know how I felt and I want to know if she felt the same.

She closes her mouth. ''Please, don't change the subject. You didn't answer my question,'' she manages to get out. She makes fists with her hands as if she was fighting an internal struggle.

So she won't admit to missing me back. Alright. Totally cool with that.

Ah, hell, it's not cool. I want her to say it back, dammit. My smile disappears completely. ''I'll drive Ivy home first, then I'll take you to your flat. Is that the answer you wanted?''

''I don't know. Is it?'' she asks me and stares deep into my eyes. I think that's a trick question ... As our gazes lock, something shifts between us; something that I missed while being away. ''I really have to go back to work, Braden,'' she states.

I nod at her. ''I'll wait for you until you end your shift,'' I say solemnly, opening a door for her.

She just nods back at me, finally agreeing to it. when she goes past me, she stops for a moment and stares into my eyes. I stare right back, transforming how much I've missed her with my stare. How I never want to be away from her, although that's a wishful thinking. One of us are going to end up hurt at the end and I highly doubt it's going to be me.

She drops her eyes down and walks back to the bar. I go there, too, but back to Ivy who's already waiting for me, smiling at me as if I didn't just leave her here to go have a conversation with Rory.

''What took you so long?'' Ivy asks, her voice pleasant, not any traces of annoyance that I left her here.

I sigh. ''Just took care of some things. I think it's time to call it a night.''

I see a slight disappointment on her face and I wonder why. She's only here with me to make her boyfriend jealous. She shouldn't be disappointed that I'm going to drop her home without expecting anything.

But it turns out it was her who expected something from me, because when I take her out of the bar, she tries to attack me, throwing herself at me and tries to place her lips on mine again.

I'm thankful for my quick reflexes because I stop her by placing my hands on her shoulders and push her away. ''Whoa, alright. I think you shouldn't do that anymore tonight. Your boyfriend doesn't look all that happy,'' I point the word out, staring at her with serious eyes, letting her know I mean business. I nod my head to the man coming out of the bar just after us, coming right to us.

Her expression falls. ''My boyfriend. Right.''

''You have two seconds to step away, Ivy, before I destroy his pretty face. You have some fucking explaining to do.'' Her boyfriend is near us and I step away from Ivy, not looking for any more trouble.

He came to the bar sometime after us and hasn't looked anywhere but her the whole night. I don't know the reasons as to why she'd do something like that, but I didn't question it either. It's her life, her choices and I'm done with them. I learned my lesson today.

I sense she pauses for a moment before I hear her mumble, ''Goodnight, Braden. Thank you for tonight.'' She makes an escape before I can say anything in return, going to her boyfriend who looks all kind of shades of pissed of.

It took him long enough to come after her. If it was me who was in the same place, it would end before something even started with another man touching my woman. That's what I was kind of hoping it would happen tonight, too, but the man is apparently stupid.

And I'm never doing any favours like that again, no matter who asks me. Ivy might be my friend, but that doesn't mean I'm doing anything like that ever again.

I wait for them to leave, him taking long steps in front of her and her almost running behind him, calling his name.

My phone rings minutes later. Michael Downing, my right-hand man is calling. ''Campbell,'' I say briskly.

''Good evening. I'm bringing great news. The board approved of our deal and they're accepting.''

My lips tug at the corners as the surge of rush runs through my body, the taste of victory sweet on my tongue. I've been trying to buy a casino in Las Vegas, fighting a deal for a few months now, because they refused to give it up and because there was another buyer interested. I made sure to make a deal they couldn't resist. ''I knew they weren't going to refuse.''

Downing laughs. ''You've been right, boss.''

Of course I have. When was I ever wrong?

Rory comes through the door then and I can't help but pause and look at her when she comes out in all her glory. God damn am I a lucky man. I smile at her, so happy to see her, even though not even an hour passed since I last saw her. ''I'll call you tomorrow,'' I say to Michael and end the call.

I come closer to Rory who's still standing by the door. ''Are you done with the work?'' I ask softly. I notice how tired she looks. Has she not been sleeping well?

She nods her head at me. I come to her with my hands in my pockets, towering over her so she has to lean her head back to look at my face.

I can't help myself, I lift my hand up and put it on her delicate skin on her cheek and start making slow circles with my thumb. She leans into my touch, making me smile so warmly at her. She's so responsive to me. It sometimes seems that she's seeking my touches, even the lightest ones.

I dip my head down closer, wanting nothing more than finally kiss her, but she doesn't let me, pulling her head back. ''Braden,'' she warns and I know the reason behind her not wanting to touch me right now.

I groan in frustration and step back.

Rory looks around as if she's looking for someone. She even looks through the windows of my car. ''Where's your date?''

I shrug carelessly. ''She went home with her boyfriend.'' My voice is nonchalant.

Her eyes bulge out. ''What?'' she yelps incredulously.

I realise how wrong this came out, seeing horror cross her face. I quickly defend myself, ''It's not what it looks like,'' I rush out. ''Come in the car and I'll tell you on the way home. It's freezing out here,'' I say and hold the door open for her.

It's one of my ways making sure that she indeed gets into this car with me. She stares at me for some moments before she sits in the car without glancing at me again. I close the door and go to the driver seat.

When I start the engine and start driving, we're both quiet. I feel her staring at me, waiting for me to speak first, probably. I look at her to confirm my thoughts. She bites her lip in anticipation and that act alone makes me start talking.

''It really is not what you think,'' I clarify. Her body is still wary, her look still suspicious and uncertain. I turn my gaze back on the road. ''She's a friend of mine,'' I speak.

She's technically not what I'd call my friend, but I won't explain Rory the details. I've been with her out once, not as in dating her, but running into her or her tagging along to business dinners. I thought one of my partners was the one dating her, but I thought wrong. And now, thinking about it, it's weird that someone would leave her boyfriend at home and go to a dinner with another man to meet with a few other men.

Rory narrows her eyes at me. ''Do you kiss all your friends like that?'' she asks me and then just after, she scoffs.

I purse my lips to hide my smile. ''No, Rory. Only you.'' I look at her with a hot stare that backs up my words. What happened tonight won't happen ever again. I'm not kissing lips that don't belong to Rory.

''Riiight,'' she says and turns her gaze on her hands.

''She and her boyfriend had some troubles and I owed her a favour.'' I seek her hand and place it in mine, then squeeze it to get her attention back. But she still won't look at me.

Instead, she puffs the air through her nose. ''And what a big favour you must owed her!'' she murmurs sarcastically. She bites her lip after that statement. ''I'm supposed to believe that?'' She lifts her eyes.

My forehead is wrinkled. ''Why wouldn't you?'' I breathe out the question. Doesn't she trust me? I wouldn't lie to her about something like this.

She's taken aback by my question. ''Well, seeing the reputation you seem to have with women ... Besides, who even does that anymore? We're in the 21st century.'' She shrugs her shoulders and turns her gaze to the window, looking through it.

We arrive in front of Rory's flat complex and I park the car, turning it off. We sit in silence for a moment before I can't stay put anymore and I shift in my seat to get Rory's attention yet again, which she doesn't want to give it to me and she just continues staring out of the window.

''Rory, can I explain myself now?'' I ask her and she briefly looks at me.

My head is tilted to the side, waiting rather impatiently.

''I'm too tired to hear your excuses right now. Maybe some other time,'' she turns me down. She sounds tired, but I don't want her to go to bed being angry with me and thinking God knows what about what happened tonight.

She makes a move to get out of the car and I lose it. ''Goddammit, Rory!'' I roar in the silent car, making her jump up in fear and surprise, her eyes widening. She finally turns her head to me, her hand still on the door handle. ''You're seriously going to act so fucking immature right now? You have no fucking idea what I've been up to these past days because you don't give me a chance to tell you, so you give yourself excuses with your presumptions so you have a reason to hate me,'' I snap. She only stares back at me, completely frozen. ''These past days have been a hell for me, too, you know,'' I say quietly and drop my head down.

I finally got her to listen, even though I had to raise my voice and use some curse words, but she's going to listen to me and talk to me if she wants it or not.

She surprises me by placing her hand on my leg and rubs it softly, making me turn all my attention on her again. ''I'm sorry,'' she says softly, meaningfully. ''I don't hate you, Braden. I could never.''

I lift my head and the tension escapes my body at her words. Her words bring such relief to me. They're the only thing I wanted to hear tonight – that I didn't mess this up completely and she doesn't hate me. Even though she probably should. God, how she should.

But for some unknown reason, she doesn't and I'm going to hold onto that.

I stare at her eyes for long seconds before my eyes fall on her tempting lips. My own lips part, wanting nothing more than lean in and taste her, but I know she won't let me. She has a good reason and I won't pressure her anymore.

''I'm really too tired right now, Braden, let's talk some other time,'' she tells me. She's all groggy, her words come out slow, pointing how tired she truly is.

I nod my head ''I'll escort you to the door.''

She pauses and smiles. ''You don't have to do that, I'm sure nothing will happen to me. Good night.'' She gives me a peck on my cheek before she suddenly freezes and then escapes out of the car as fast as she can.

What. Was. That? Seriously. What the hell was that?

I step out of the car and follow her. When I reach her, I place my hands on her lower back and she jumps a little in surprise but doesn't look at me. I lean into her side. ''I insist,'' I whisper in her ear. She shivers, making me smile against her ear. So responsive ...

I can hear how uneven her breathing gets and how it looks hard for her to even walk, so I put a little pressure on her back, pushing her forward, keeping my hand on her back.

When we walk up the stairs, I move my hand lower and spread my fingers, touching her butt. I know she feels it – that was my intention – but she just chooses to ignore it. She's so fun to play with.

When we come to her flat, we both stop. I stare at her, but she doesn't move her gaze from the door.

''Are you going to let us in?'' I finally ask her.

She looks at me, surprised. ''Uhm, yeah, I'm going to let myself in ...'' she trails off, studying my face.

A smile tugs at my lips. ''I haven't seen you for three days, Rory, you're not getting rid of me that easily.''

She bites her lip. ''I told you we're not fucking tonight. I meant it very seriously.'' Her voice turns dark.

I scrunch my eyebrows. ''Who said anything about fucking?'' I tease.

A blush spreads all over her face and she quickly turns to the door, unlocking it. She can't look at my face, it seems. A smile tugs at my lips. Ah, my sweet, shy, innocent girl. She's so cute it's starting to hurt.

She lets us both in and she walks to her room, not waiting for me. I follow her soundlessly.

I close the bedroom door behind us and lock it. She turns around to look at me. I stand at the door with my hands in my pockets, my legs wide apart, and watching her intently.

''I need to take a shower,'' she manages to get out. She sounds nervous for some reason.

I smirk. ''Sure, I can join you.'' I start walking towards her, but she jumps up, turns around and rushes into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind her. I laugh loudly. I can't help myself. Teasing her is becoming my favourite thing to do. Her reactions are amusing and nothing I've ever seen before.

Minutes later I feel the shower run. A heat instantly spreads in my body, my muscles tightening just knowing that she's standing in the other room with a water pouring down her completely naked body.

Dammit. I get hard just thinking about it, visualising her is enough. And there's just a door separating us ... I haven't laid my eyes on her for three days straight, how can she expect me not to attack her when I finally see her?

I sit on the bed and rub my hands over my face to get my head clear of that. If she doesn't want us having sex tonight, it'll do me no good to have these thoughts.

But my brain completely freezes when the door unlocks and opens and Rory comes out, wearing nothing but a towel. Holy hell. My hands tighten into fists, my cock swelling painfully in my trousers.

Rory acts all casual when she speaks, ''You can go shower if you want,'' she tells me and tries to get to her closet, but I stand up from the bed and block her path.

She stares at my chest. I lift my hands and softly graze the towel ends that are keeping the towel in place on her chest with my fingers and she grips the towel even tighter to prevent it from falling down and exposing herself. I would want nothing more than that – expose her marvellous body to me and just stare at her beauty.

''Is this my torture?'' I ask quietly, my voice giving away how turned on I am. Rory's breath hitches in her throat and she forces herself to lift her head and look into my eyes.

Her eyes are asking what I mean with that.

My breaths come out harsh and rigid. ''Is this the punishment for me, because I didn't call you? Because I came to the bar with another girl? Because let me tell you, it's certainly working.'' I place my hand on the back of her neck, squeezing it and making our faces draw closer. ''I want to fuck you so hard right now that you would completely forget why you were angry with me in the first place.'' I start drawing circles on her neck. ''I heard make-up sex is the best.'' My lips tug at the corners.

Rory whimpers and squeezes her legs together. My eyes fall on her legs, which are tightly pressed together. Holy damn. I place my other hand on her bare thigh, keeping the other one still on her neck, needing to touch her. She lets out a harsh breath when my hand comes in a contact with her bare skin. It shoots a spark of electricity down my body, too, to feel her soft skin beneath my palm. When she doesn't stop my movements, I move my hand up and I grasp the bottom of the towel with my finger, toying with it, lifting it higher.

Rory's head falls on my shoulder. ''Braden, please,'' she begs silently.

I sigh softly before I wrap my arms around her body, bringing her to my chest. I'm not going to press her. I'm not that kind of man. If she doesn't want to, I won't touch her like that. I place a kiss on top of her head and then release her and start unbuttoning my shirt. She watches me mesmerised and puzzled. I don't take my eyes off her either.

I push the shirt off my shoulders and push it toward her and a surprise rises on her face. I also notice her checking out my chest. It gives wonders to my ego.

''Wear this to bed,'' I simply elaborate when she's too hesitant and continues just staring at me (not that I mind).

I like seeing her wearing my clothes. It gives me some type of possession over her and it drives me crazy to see something mine on her.

She takes the shirt from my hands and I quickly slip in the bathroom so I don't get tempted to do anything more with her. I don't bother with locking the door. I'm silently hoping Rory'll come in here and we'll make up like I suggested minutes before in the bedroom, but I know it's probably not going to happen – at least not tonight.

It doesn't take me long to shower and get ready for the bed. I only slip into my boxers, not bothering with anything else. I doubt Rory's going to mind either. I come out of the bathroom when Rory is rolling up the sleeves of my dress shirt. Her hands freeze when she looks at me and I give her a knowing smile.

And then I look at her wearing my dress shirt and I give her an even bigger smile. ''White definitely looks good on you,'' I compliment. The shower I took doesn't help much as I start getting hard again, just looking at her sexiness, standing in the middle of the room in nothing but my dress shirt.

She gets on the bed, not looking at me. I hear her snort and I look at her strangely, wondering what that's about, but she only shakes her head as if saying it's nothing.

I climb on the bed after her.''So now that I'm clean, can I give you a kiss for good night?'' I ask her, praying she says yes. I've been waiting for that kiss three days, I don't have much patience anymore.

She looks at me and hesitates for only a second before she – God, thank you – nods her head. I attack her immediately, putting my hands on her hips and placing my hungry mouth on her, savouring her taste like I've been starving for her – which I have. We both moan the moment our lips touch.

She doesn't respond quick enough and I push my weight on her. She puts her hands in my hair, tugging it and I groan. Christ, how much I love when she gets wild with passion. I love it even more when she touches me without reservations. I'm relentless with the kiss, taking everything she gives, my tongue hungrily dancing with her. My hands are savouring her body, travelling from her thigh up higher, lifting the dress shirt up higher. I put my hand under the shirt on her stomach and a light moan comes from her throat.

She breaks our kiss, but I don't stop touching, my hand goes even higher, landing on her breast, teasing her nipple. I love touching her body, feeling her soft, smooth skin beneath my fingers, her curves filling my hands like they were made just for my touch.

I detach my lips on her neck, giving it sloppy kisses. Rory moans loudly and squeezes her legs around me tighter, shoving her hands around my head, burying them in my hair, wrapping them around my neck, caressing down my back – she touches me everywhere, making me completely hers.

''Oh, God, Rory, what you're doing to me,'' comes my breathless admission. I'm so hard my cock throbs with the need of a release, but I'm focusing on her pleasure tonight, to take the edge off and to make her forget.

''Braden, please,'' Rory pleads me throatily and squirms under me, trying to rub herself against my cock. Shit, she's getting aroused.

I lift my head to look at her, my eyes hooded on her swollen lips from my kisses. She smiles at me.

''What do you want, baby?'' I ask and press myself right against her wet centre. And I can feel how hot and wet she is. I'm going to lose my mind because of her, not even kidding.

Rory bites her lip. She suddenly pulls me down to her by my hair, leaning her lips against my ear and whispers, ''Make me come.''

Fuck me. I almost come just by hearing the demand from her lips. It sounds so hot. I groan lowly against her skin and my cock twitches, seeking some attention. ''I promised you we won't have sex tonight, but I can give you the second best thing.'' I smile deviously at her and then go down between her legs, pulling them apart.

Fuck me to hell, she's dripping. And all because of me. My God. When I make the first contact with my tongue to her clit, she screams my name. My eyes roll back in my head at her taste.

I start to flick my tongue and Rory's writhing on the bed, making the task harder, so I put my hand on her stomach, stopping her. ''Keep still,'' I murmur against her pussy, making her moan out loudly.

I push my finger in her, feeling her insides clump tightly around it and my cock twitches again. I don't stop licking her clit. I have her coming soon, screaming out my name like she's saying a prayer.

I can't keep my eyes off her head thrown back down on the pillow, her fists tightly clumped around the sheets, her eyes closed and her face full of ecstasy. That look suits her and it looks so damn hot and sexy that I can't help but stare openly.

I go to her side again, brushing her hair away from her face. ''You look really hot when I make you come.'' I smile down at her, feeling very self-pleasant that I put that dreamy look on her face.

She punches my shoulder. ''Shut up.'' She laughs, but I can see my words embarrassed her.

My sweet, sweet angel.

I turn off the lights and lie down on my back, pulling her to my side and wrap my arm around her frame. I kiss her nose. ''Good night, Rory.''

Rory throws my legs around my mid-section. She lifts her head from my shoulder suddenly. ''But what about you, Braden? You made me come and I ...'' she trails off, not being able to finish the sentence.

So damn cute, I'm telling you. I kiss her lips, rescuing her from the discomfort. ''Don't worry about it. You'll make it up to me ... some other time.'' I promise her darkly. It's going to be painful, having her almost naked body plastered to mine and replaying that blissful look on her face when she came tonight. It's also not helping that I can still taste her in my mouth and my cock doesn't seem to calm down any soon either.

But it's about her tonight, it's about me making it up to her. I deserve a little punishment.

''Okay. Good night.'' Rory kisses my cheek and wraps herself around me until sleep overtakes her and I listen to her breathe for hours, enjoying the feeling of her body in my arms again.

THIS IS HONESTLY HE LONGEST CHAPTER I'VE EVER WRITTEN! But it's the chapter a lot of you wanted. So, here you have it. Hope you like it! 

See you next Sunday with another one in Braden's POV.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

117K 3.3K 15
This is a love story between a man and a woman. If only things are as simple as they sound. Mr Kieran Knight, CEO of an Insurance Firm and Co-Owner o...
5.1M 190K 101
Isabella needs a huge sum of money for her aged grandmother's surgery. She has nowhere to go for help and she decides to seek help from her Billionai...
Aries and cancer بواسطة light

القصة القصيرة

13.3K 324 19
Highest Ranking ; => #3 in 'arrogant boss' => #1 in 'aries' => #34 in 'innocent girl' => #55 in 'Bossy' => #29 in 'innocent girl's => #34 in 'control...
750K 22.6K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...