To Travel Through Time

Academy-Angel द्वारा

Sang has always been looking for that one thing that would make her complete. But no matter how much she tri... अधिक

Prologue
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Authors Note
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
CHAPTER XV
CHAPTER XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII

Chapter XIX (Part I)

1.8K 160 29
Academy-Angel द्वारा

Hi all,

So this is only Part 1 of this chapter, I just wanted to get something out for you all and I apologise about the REALLY long wait.

I hope its ok,
Enjoy
Love
A-A

~#~^~*~#~^~*~

Have you ever noticed no matter how tired you are, when you try to sleep the pillow becomes too lumpy, the bed to hard, the blanket not warm enough and your mind just doesn't want to shut off. But when you do eventually fall asleep and you do get lost in that peaceful slumber, the moment you wake everything changes.

All of a sudden the pillow is just right, having you wanting to bury your face in it to chase the departing sleepiness. The bed is just right and the blanket is wrapped around you like a tight embrace. Of course all of this last a minute, maybe two if you're lucky, and you remember why you're so tired and the reason you fought so hard to fall into the thing that's now threatening to leave.

For someone who had barely received any sleep the previous night, the fact she was awake long before the sun was to rise proved to her that last night was weighing more on her than she thought. It may also have to do with the fact that for the first time since she had arrived – at the castle - she was completely alone.

Sang had waited an hour, then two before retiring to bed, giving up all hope that at least one of them would turn up. The fact is, Sang didn't know what she wanted from them, but she had a feeling that she would have just liked some sort of reassurance that they would be okay, that they didn't think she was crazy or insane or... Something.

Sighing to herself in frustration and a little anger, she throws the blanket off and dresses for the day, not even bothering to wait for the others to show up.

Heading off at a jog she heads towards the building where they had met the previous Monday, ready to start week two. Once arriving, Sang noticed she was the first to arrive and looked up to see some beams that she could climb and wait for everyone to arrive.

Something she should be used to... Waiting.

Prince Victor's POV

Victor wanted to see Sang; no he needed to see her. He needed to know that she was okay, to know she was safe... that she was real. He knew without a doubt of what she spoke of the night before to be true, how could it not.

Unable to sleep at all last night he sat in his room going over everything that has happened. Is it true she really was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Which means she really is innocent.

Victor had grown up on the tales of the three Demi-Fae sisters, Mora, Maeve and Mab. The stories told of them as half animal, half fairy and were told to be immortal and had come from a different world. No one actually knows what happened to them, as they use to be the Queen's, splitting the country up into three equal parts. The stories say there was an uprising that had wiped them all out and eradicating all offspring, leaving nothing to chance. They were told to be vile and evil creatures and held an unearthly appearance, too beautiful to witness without holding a claim over their victims.

Victor had to wonder if maybe it more than just a tale and actually history told as a fantasy.

That was Victor's last straw, gathering his cloak, still dressed from the previous day, he stormed out of the room.

"Prince Victor?" Startled at the sound of the voice, he whirled around, his cloak fanning out around him, to see a young maid standing there.

"Yes?"  He finally asked after finally getting over his initial shock.

"The King has requested your presence, sire." She squeaks, staring down at the ground.

"Right now?" Looking out the window to see that the sun was yet still to rise, to early for a meeting with his father.

"Yes Prince Victor. The King stated that you were to see him as soon as you had awoken, sire."

Sighing in frustration, he ran a hand down his face glancing the way he had been heading, before turning tail and heading in the opposite direction to see his father. After years, Victor had learned to never keep him waiting; the punishment was just not worth it.

After several minutes of navigating the labyrinth of a castle he called home, he arrived at his fathers' chambers, knowing full well that he would still be asleep.

Knocking forcefully on his door he waited before the King opened the door clad in in a gown tied loosely around the waist, his chest on full display, covering only his unmentionables.

"You asked for me father?" Victor asked keeping his eyes only on his and not the two naked maids sleeping in his bed.

"Yes. But I expected you at a more reasonable time. Never mind, get in." Almost groaning in defeat, he entered the room and frowned down at the naked females.

"Really father? Two? Didn't know you still had it in you?" His hairy chest puffed up at that and he smirked before turning to the naked females.

"A man has needs son, as you should know." With that he grabbed them by the ankle and pulled them off the bed, their bodies hitting the ground hard. Victor winced in sympathy for them, but it didn't last long. They knew what they were getting into when they found their way to the King's bed, yet they still thrived for his attention. "Get out you filthy wenches, before I make you."

Victor tried not to smile as they ran from the room, not even taking a chance to clothe their naked bodies, but it was futile. He turned his head to his father to watch as he poured himself a glass of water and taking a seat, not even having the decency to cover himself as he sprawls out on the couch.

"Victor, I have a task for you." Frowning, Victor approached the chair opposite his father, but instead of sitting down he used the back of the chair as support. "I believe that there may be a spy amongst us and as I may have my suspicions, I have no tangible proof. I need for you and your Guards to keep a closer eye on the competitors and yes, that does include your slave."

"Not to sound impertinent, but since when did you, as the King, need tangible proof father? If you have your suspicions then why not act on it?" The King leant forward and rubbed a hand over his face, and for the first time he could remember, his father looked almost... human.

"Because I don't know who it is Victor. One day you will be King and you will learn that no matter what, you will always have enemies, even from those that are close to you. Your men are quite, discreet, use them to find the traitor, and when you do... bring them to me."

Knowing that, that was the end of the discussion, he bowed to his father, before turning and existing the room.

Sang's POV

   Sang watched silently from her position, eating the apple she had taken with her, as the other contestants made their way into the room with their supporters. She wondered how long it would take for her guards to enter wondering if she was already there, or if they would turn up at all.

Just as Master Brullo made his way through the room, her guards followed closely behind, situating themselves towards the back, scanning the room for any sign of her. She had to admit that a few of them looked nervous and were exchanging glances with each other; probably wondering if she had run away again.

"Welcome Champions to week two of the competition." Master Brullo's voice tore her gaze from her guards to the Sword Master, focusing on what he had to say. "I'll keep this short and sweet. You know the rules, you know the consequences of not following said rules, so with that let's discuss this weeks task." One of the Guards standing of to the side stepped forward after a gesture from Brullo and handed him a bow and a quiver of arrows. "Your task this week will be at how sufficient you are at the art of archery. You have one week to practice, don't disappoint." With that he strode from the room and headed back the way he came before stopping and turning towards her guards. "Where is your charge? It is bad etiquette to not show up. If she is not here by the time we make it to the archery range, the girl will be disqualified."

Sighing in annoyance for the fact he should have noticed her from were she sat, pushed herself of the beam she had been sitting on, landing right in front of him, barely bending her knees from the fall.

"No need Master Brullo. As you can see I am here." With a small bow, she turned and exited the room not bothering to gaze at her guards who had been staring at her in shock, looking from where she had stood, to the beam she had descended from.

Sang hadn't taken into account that the beam was at least forty feet up and most people should have injured themselves from such a fall... or more likely killed themselves, but from such an early age, and training through and outside of the Academy, Sang had learned exactly how to fall from such distance.

But unbeknown to Sang, even she didn't realize exactly the extent of the feats she had managed in the past, performing task that shouldn't be humanly possible.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Recover My Heart Fallon द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

178K 9.5K 20
Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor, I don't know what I'm talking about. This is a ghost bird Fanfiction Sang is four credits away from becoming a doctor...
412K 24.6K 73
This story is the fanfiction version of In The Shadows written by the amazing Katydids. It is now an original, with a completed first book and the be...
55.5K 2.7K 28
This is an Academy fanfic that takes place between P&S and HoK. Sang is invited to join the Academy guys on a mission- go not-so-undercover to a loc...
251K 18.5K 83
After Sang's family died she was moved from foster home to foster home. She has finally found a new life with her adopted parents, but she has yet t...