(Book 2) Hayden Mackay and Th...

Oleh jyothi89

"Magic may appear in their stones but real magic is in your words"- @KirtiNimmala Hayden Mackay and his frien... Lebih Banyak

1. The Other Daughter
2. An Appalling News Bulletin
3. Paramarashtra
4. The Combined Formation
5. Comalica Virus
6. A Message from the Enemy
7. Up, Up and Away!
8. In Depth Explorations
9. At His Lair
10. Journey towards Rawat Dynasty
11. Holognome
12. Cowboy's Bar
13.The Enemy Strikes Back
14. Tears of the Maiden
15. Confrontation
16. Death So Close
17. Three's not a Crowd
18. Avenger
19. King Aghasthya's Tale
20. Only One with all the Answers (Part 1)
20. Only One with all the Answers (Part 2)
Series Continue

21. Good Bye, My friend

187 31 100
Oleh jyothi89

The very night I wasn't able to sleep. First I presumed it was just because of we were sleeping in a new place (guest room of Sharad's court) we weren't accustomed to but then on thinking deeply it was regarding the promise that doctor had given to Pruthvi, the promise to help him bring back his sister. I turned around and looked at him. He was right next to me, sleeping soundlessly and looked rather relaxed. I was happy for him that he might get his sister back now that doctor decided to help him, but somewhere there was a twinge of jealousy creeping upon me.

My heart ached even on thinking that I was related to Shashi, but it didn't seem to be a matter to Doctor at all. Had he not seen my anxiety? Wasn't it his responsibility to sooth me and make me contented? May be I was expecting too much out of him. Whatever might be the reason, he behaved as if my feelings didn't matter to him at all.

I love my mother, I don't deny it but I was angry on her too. She had been lying to me all those years. Which son doesn't even know his mother's full name? Now I wondered if atleast my father knew anything about her. All those times of the day we had spent together in our gym, talking all rubbish we couldn't talk before my mother, never ever it occurred to him that he should tell me something important that I was so required to know. I turned around my head again, now looking at the ceiling hidden in the dark.

Frustrated, rubbing back of my neck, I got down the bed and quickly walked outside the room. It was so chilly even inside the court. I did not forget to take my jacket with me. I was walking down the hall carefully as it was dimly lit. I passed Princess Lithika's room where she, Celina and Leena were sleeping. I wanted to talk to someone, but there was no one I could settle to. My brain was so disturbed that I thought to use my stone to see the girl again and if possible pour my heart on to her. But she wasn't even real. She was just imaginary.

As I walked down the lane towards the main entrance I heard low sniffing sound beside one of the pillars. I alerted myself before I took a look. Thinking about my stone I carefully walked over, only to find out that it was Leena who was sitting on the floor beside the fireplace, her head placed upon her knees.

"Leena," I called, "Are you okay?"

She quickly sat straight and wiped all of her tears before she turned towards me. "Hayden, what are doing here?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked her back, "All alone in the dark? Are you... crying?"

"No, of course not."

"And you should not. Your tears are precious, aren't they?"

She smiled forlornly. I sighed. May be the person I needed to talk to was her. I pulled my jeans up and sat down beside her, placing my back against the pillar.

"I never imagined my tears can actually cure some dangerous virus. Dhanunjay was right- there are many things in this world we don't know about."

"True," I said even though I didn't know when Dhanunjay had said that, "We didn't even know anything about our parents. How can we expect to know anything else?"

Her features hardened and she looked away. I know this was a sensitive topic, but I still went on watching her wiping her cheeks.

"Did you have a chat with Lithika?" I asked her.

She nodded. "She is more devastated than I am. Atleast I was given an opportunity to stay with my parents for few years."

I swallowed, nodding to what she said.

"How can they do this to me, to Lithika?" she continued, "I am not saying King Aghasthya did anything on purpose, but he shouldn't have separated our family."

"Yeah, we all have a reason to blame someone or the other," I said trying hard not to drift my mind anywhere near doctor.

"What do you mean?" she asked and then she turned to me completely, "Hayden, did I hear it right from Celina? Is Shashi Thribhuvan really your family?"

"He is definitely by the name," I said, looking down at her ankle that seemed completely fine, "I don't know if we carry the same blood. But yeah, his brother, Harsh Thribhuvan is my grandfather."

"We both belong to the kings of the Forgotten Kingdom," she said, her eyes shining, "How does it make you feel?"

I looked up at her. The thought never occurred to me. We both were their grandchildren, the two best friends. And now we are best friends. Probably this is what is called as destiny.

"It feels worse," I said, genuinely pouring out my heart, "I don't mind being the grandson of a king or anything. But the fact that I am a relative of an evil monster is killing me. He murdered our parents and now he is after us. God knows, if he is ever going to stop."

"It's not your fault that he turned out to be like this. None of this is our fault. So don't let him make you feel guilty."

I smiled. I knew she meant well but nothing seemed to change the way I was feeling now. My heart was already broken. I wished there was something out there that could help mend it, something so beautiful.

"What else did Celina tell you?" I asked.

"She told me about her uncle," she said and scoffed, "He had to meet her and he had to kill himself before her. I just wish he hadn't had met her at all."

"He was impelled," I said, "I just can't understand how someone can make people to kill themselves."

"Shashi is capable of doing anything," she said, "He told us then, remember, on Uilani Hill? Now as I was thinking, Shashi uses people that are related to us, to Samagraha only."

The point that she made hit me hard like a jolt. Shashi uses the people that are related to us. He began with Pruthvi's sister, then Leena's sister and Celina's uncle. Now who could he possibly be using to come after me? Who else is left? Breaking Samagraha? Or maybe, Tyrell's.

I was sure I did not say Tyrell's name out but he seemed to hear me loud and clear. His voice suddenly emerged in my mind distracting me from whatever thoughts I was having.

"Hayden!" Tyrell said, being all scared.

I jerked up at once. "Tyrell, what happened?"

"Where are you? Are you okay? Why aren't you sleeping?"

"I am fine and wait, I am coming, mom!" I said mockingly and disconnected him.

Looking at my expression, Leena laughed and said, "You should go."

"What about you?" I asked standing up.

"I can't sleep right now, I still have to digest. You go on."

I smiled again. It wanted to talk to her till my brain got back to normal. But watching her made me feel as if she wanted to stay alone and I had to respect her feelings.

"Good night." I said and she didn't hear me say that.

I turned around to walk away but Leena stopped me . She asked me the question that was bothering her the most.

"Hayden," she said, "Will he forgive me?"

The way she asked me melted my heart. Tears were shining in her innocent eyes and her lips trembled. I understood she was asking me about Pruthvi and I just had the answer she wanted to listen.

"He really loves you," I said, "I am sure he will come around."

-------------------------------------------------------

The next morning I woke up only on sensing my stone burning beneath my pocket. I quickly took it out irritated, as it was burning hot like a light bulb. I quickly shoved it away forgetting where ever I drop it, it certainly comes back to me. Reluctantly, I sat up and I saw Pruthvi and Tyrell already awake, having a deep conversation with each other. I yawned rubbing my eyes to open it wide and tried to hear what they were talking about. Only words I was able hear were 'granduncle' and 'his mother' . I didn't have to deduce hard to know what they were talking about. Tyrell noticed me waking up and he gestured Pruthvi to stop talking.

"Hey you are awake...finally," he said walking straight towards me.

"Yeah," I said, groggily, "Why, what time is it?"

"Oh, don't worry. It's just half past eleven."

"ELEVEN!"

Now my sleep definitely flew away. I chided my stone for burning so lately. Since I had joined the academy we were used to wake up at six in the morning. Now waking up so late was making me feel weird.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I demanded.

"Don't worry," said Pruthvi, walking over "We know you weren't able to sleep well."

I smiled faintly at him and then I remembered I have been talking to Leena last night.

"Is Leena okay?" I asked him, on remembering her crying.

"Yeah, just met her," he said slightly nodded. His face twisted as if he was holding on to tell me something.

"And?" I asked, trying to force it out of him.

"Hayden," said Tyrell, "everything is fine now. Lithika and Leena both decided to leave the past behind and move on."

"Good," I said, frowning, "a little too good actually. Didn't Lithika say she needed time?"

"Yeah, but Celina told me that everything is fine between them and so I know. I think they decided to forget everything and forgive King Agasthya. After all they are a family."

I nodded, sighing softly.

Didn't Leena say she needed to digest everything? Whoa, digestive system works fast.

"Come on get up now," said Tyrell, pulling my blanket, "Doctor said we are going back to academy today."

As soon as he said that the door opened and few people came inside the room- Celina, Leena, Lithika, Dhanunjay, King Aghasthya and Doctor. But my eyes firstly fell on Leena who was still blotchy and moody as she was last night. She didn't look back at me but she was staring at Pruthvi uneasily.

Celina on the other hand sat very calmly across me. She looked dull and apathetic. Tyrell went up and sat beside her, rounding his hands against her shoulder before they got immersed in their private talks. Lithika, to my surprise, looked cheerful. She walked hand in hand with her grandfather who in turn looked happier.

"Ready to leave the bed?" Doctor said walking ahead of everyone.

"Er...yeah," I said pushing away the blanket completely but not yet ready to leave as I was still feeling lethargic.

"Hey wait up, not yet," said Dhanunjay who was back to his traditional Indian groom attire. He turned towards Pruthvi and said, "Don't you think you are missing something?"

"Missing what?" he asked, knitting his brow.

"You owe me one, remember?" He said, standing akimbo.

It took a second for Pruthvi to jog his memory and then he said, "Oh yeah, about that. Okay, tell me, what do you want from me?"

"Hmm, let's see," he said stroking his chin. He looked sideways at Princess Lithika and turned back to Pruthvi. "There is something you teach me. But not now. Just remember you owe me one. I may ask you anytime."

"Fine whatever you say," said Pruthvi, sounding relaxed.

"Alright," said doctor, "Now we shall go."

"Doctor, can you give me a minute?" said King Aghasthya and Doctor sighed in disappointment. Aghasthya walked straight towards me and sat on the bed. "I just wanted to thank you for saving Leena and Lithika's life."

My eyes quickly flew open. I wasn't expecting this from the king.

"Don't, King Aghasthya," I said, shaking my head, "I just did what I had to do."

He smiled and said, "You look just like your mother and the way you talk, reminds me of him. Every word that comes out of your mouth seems to be coming out of his. You truly are his heir."

I swallowed heavily as I found somthing lodging inside my throat.

"But I know nothing about him," I said, "No one ever gave me the chance to know more about him."

Doctor folded his hand as if he understood I was hitting him words indirectly.

"King Harsh is like another world, Hayden. The more you know about him, the lesser you have actually learnt anything about him. That's why he is still hailed as the greatest king of Paramarashtra."

I nodded. There was a glint in his eyes that was telling me to stop asking him about King Harsh anymore. He patted me twice on my shoulder and stood up to walk away.

"Okay, enough," said doctor, turning towards the door, "Now we are leaving. Everyone follow me."

We all started moving outside except Celina as if she hadn't noticed doctor calling us out. She was looking at her hand deeply immersed in her thoughts.

"Come on Celina," said Tyrell pulling her up, "Let's go."

Clouds had always been denser and darker all those times we spent, but today it was rather different, wispy and white, that people must have been waiting to experience for a long time. One thing that never changed was the pricking wind. It was howling making me shiver. We were standing outside the court, giving our good-byes to King Aghasthya, Princess Lithika and Dhanunjay.

"Alright everyone, let's get back to academy," said Doctor, "Ira must have made all the arrangements for us by now and we can continue our day as usual."

He turned around to blow the powder but he was interrupted once again by one of my friends.

"Doctor, wait."

It was Celina. I looked hurriedly back at her. Her eyes were filled with tears and that worried me a lot. She was rarely weepy unlike Leena and that was one thing I admired about her a lot. Now watching her all gloomy and saddened, I wished nothing wrong had happened to her within a night. She slowly walked towards doctor not looking at anyone of us and what she said I wasn't even sure if I heard it right.

"I can't come with you."

"Celina," said doctor frowning as much as we did, "What's the matter?"

Leena and Pruthvi's mouth fell wide open and the one with the ghastly expression was Tyrell.

"Doctor," she said breathing heavily, "I have taken my decision. You have to let me go."

"But what is the matter?"

She sniffed, tossed her hair back from falling on her eye and said, "My uncle, he left a will behind. I read that will. He had clearly mentioned that after him, the bar will be mine, that I shall be the owner of the bar. I have signed the will already. I am accepting his will."

"What!" said Leena quickly, even before I could get time to understand what she said, "Celina, when did you..."

"Leena please," she said, raising her hand, "Don't go there. I didn't tell anyone because I wanted to take this decision on my own."

It was not only Leena who was taken aback. I didn't know how to respond. I didn't know she was carrying this all by herself and never let anyone know about it Pruthvi caught Tyrell by his wrist to ease him, who was trying hard not to let it out but he was definitely blown away with her sudden decision.

"You cannot take that decision by yourself," said Doctor.

"But I already did," she said, firmly, "Doctor, you helped me a lot by giving me this new family. I am grateful to you. But now I need to do something for me. And for that you have to let me go."

"You know you are not safe here," he said, "Shashi is still..."

"I think I am strong enough to handle him. I can care take of myself."

"No, you can't..."

"Doctor please," she said, daring enough to interrupt doctor, "I know you are trying to keep us safe in the academy. But I don't want to be in academy anymore. I want to take care of the responsibility my uncle left me behind. I cannot let him down."

"Is this you final decision?" doctor asked her, "Because there are things you still need to know."

"I know enough about me, doctor," she said, "I know about my parents and I know from where I belong. I think that is enough for me."

Doctor stared at her for a few seconds. He was expressionless, probably racing his mind to maximum. I knew he didn't like the way Celina was talking to him or anything about her decision but even though surprisingly, he accepted her wish.

"Very well," he said, "I think Aghasthya will take care of you from now on. He shall make all the arrangements for you to travel to Rawat, will you not Aghasthya?"

"Of course," said King Aghasthya who was as stunned all five of us, "She is my responsibility now."

"Do you want to bid final goodbyes to your friends?" asked Doctor.

Celina nodded. She firstly walked towards Leena and hugged her tight.

"I am sorry," she whispered. Leena didn't respond but they wiped each other's tears smilingly.

Celina then walked next to me, took my hand firmly and said, "I know there are more challenges coming up next to you. All the best for everything."

I nodded. "Be careful."

"I will," she said shaking my hand before she let it go.

It was not like we were not going to see her again, she will still be staying in the bar under the hill that we can visit frequently. She was just a Gate away. But I had this feeling that I may never see her again. This thought of mine began to hurt me. She was my teacher; she was the one who taught me how to use my stone, made me comfortable in the academy. I owed her a lot more than a thank you, but at that moment I could do nothing else than mentally thanking her.

She turned towards Pruthvi and whispered enough for me to hear her.

"Take care of yourself and take care of her. You know she loves you a lot."

Pruthvi glanced at Leena and then back to her. He hugged by a single hand and said, "Anytime you need me, just connect to me, alright?"

"Definitely."

She smiled and her smile quickly died when she moved aside to face Tyrell. He wasn't looking at her at all, but slightly fidgeting.

"Goodbye, owner of a bar," he said patiently. Celina smiled faintly and a big drop of tear ran down her cheek.

"You could have talked to me," he continued, "We could have made that decision...."

"I love you!" she whispered.

Tyrell stood stunned, but whatever Celina said didn't surprise us at all. Pruthvi walked away leaving them alone. Tyrell then chanced to look down at her. Not caring we were still watching them, he quickly took a step forward and kissed her full on her mouth.

"Kids, we should go," said doctor. He moved aside and blew the powder to open the Gates.

Tyrell and Celina parted unwillingly, sticking their heads for a few seconds. He didn't say a word after their most awaited moment, instead he walked past her. As soon as the gates opened, he was the first to jump off it, went out of sight at once. Doctor was second. Leena and Pruthvi waved hands at her and followed him.

I slowly walked forward. I turned around to glance at all of them- King Aghasthya, Dhanunjay, Princess Lithika and finally at Celina. Thanking her for everything she had done for me, wishing for her safely from the monster awaiting to see us dead, I stepped to the other side of the oval lightning gate, with all new hopes and all new determination to live my life as normal as possible.

-x-

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

6.1K 574 53
Life as she knows it is about to turn upside-down, knocking on her door is death, love and lies. ~~ Victoria's life takes a drastic turn the night he...
12K 2K 20
What if your parents were murdered instead of you? What if you find out your parents had a dark secret and you come to know all about it only after t...
135K 7.9K 60
Divya Sharma, A sweet silent and a calm girl fighting with her own fears from her past. Her small family with her loving parents and a protective bro...