Intersect. (Arranged Marriage)

By cyypriscilla

Two paths moving on their own, travelling to their own predesignated destinations. One day, they intersect, m... More

Intersect
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter 0.1
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 4

1.8K 83 24
By cyypriscilla

Lavender and mints  surrounded me as I took in a huge intake of breath. It smelt nice. I let out a small grunt as I peeped through my eyelashes. The room was still dark, signalling that it was still early. I suddenly realized how warm I was and how I could hear a  heart beat pounding rhythmically, making me feel serenity. My half awoken trance was broken off when I took in the situation. Yi Eun arm's were around my waist. I was wrapped by him, unable to move an inch.His head was just above mine, his lips almost touching my forehead. My face went scarlet red as I measured the close proximity that we were in. His heartbeat however somehow manage to calm my nerves down as I tried to push myself out from his grip. But he simply just pulled me closer to him and hugged me tighter as he nuzzled his nose into my neck. I felt the blood rushing to my face as I used my leg to hit his knee as hard as I can.

"Yah!" Yi Eun was jolted out from his sleep as I quickly sat up and went to the edge of the bed. Yi Eun looked over my disheveled appearance as a quick shade of red went to his ears.

"I'm sorry. I must have been too tired yesterday and forgot you were sleeping here already." He  apologized as he ruffled through his messed-up hair. He looks even more amazing like this. My throat was too dry to say or argue about anything and I wasn't in the condition, so I simply nodded as I got up and went to grab the outfit I had laid out the previous night and ran into the bathroom. I let myself rest against the door as I shut it and tried to calm myself down. Maybe it was the way I woke up, maybe it was his voice, maybe it was how he looked but something managed to get my heart racing this fast.

I rummaged through my hair as I tried to clear my thoughts with the hot water running through my body.

I managed to put on some mascara, lip tint and do my hair a little while Yi Eun was bathing. I opened up the refrigerator and took out the fruits we bought yesterday and cut them into pieces.

"Do you want to eat the fruits here or do you want to eat them on the way to campus?" I asked Yi Eun as he walked out from the bathroom. I looked away before I can marvel over his appearance. This was getting unhealthy, I was staring at him too much. He went over to his mirror and before fixing his hair and shirt.

"On the way. You are going to be late if we don't set off soon." Yi Eun commented as I quickly shove the apples I cut and soaked in salt water into an empty container I found laying around. At least the awkwardness before was gone.

After Yi Eun finished packing his stuff and me grabbing my bag, we departed from our home.

As Yi Eun drove to Curtin, I took out the apples I cut and began devouring them. Skipping dinner was such a bad idea. I scrolled through the Curtin official website to look at the agenda I had for Orientation today.

"Is Orientation fun?" I looked up from my phone and asked Yi Eun.

"It was just, geunyang." Yi Eun pursed his lips.

"What kind of answer is that?" I retorted although that answer was very Yi Eun-like. Yi Eun shrugged his shoulders as he continued driving. I shook my head in disapproval as I looked out into the windows. I could see a lot of trees surrounding us and it was a beautiful sight, as if we were in the forest.

"Do you want some apples?" I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten to offer Yi Eun some.

"I don't have hands for them." He mumbled as he concentrated on the road.

"Then just open your mouth then. Ahh." I took a piece and started to give it to him.

"It's okay-" I shoved the piece into his mouth as he opened them to say something.

"I can't finish all of them anyways." I had cut 2 portions of apples. Plus, an apple a day keeps the doctor away.

Yi Eun didn't say anything after that as he chewed on them and finished to the last piece that I fed him. He was such a lovely child.

We finally reached a security post which indicated that we had finally arrived at our destination-Curtin University.

I looked out the windows like a child and was fascinated by the sight that behold me. I am finally in University. I felt grown up all of a sudden.

Yi Eun parked at an empty spot and I got out of the car cautiously, taking the first step at the University I was going to spend my time in for the upcoming years.

The University was huge, bigger than what I had expected. And all the buildings looked amazing. What I anticipated most would be the labs, especially the Chemistry ones. I am a science freak after all.

"Where's your meeting area?" Yi Eun asked me as I scrolled through my phone and found the brochure I was looking through.

"LCTL 3?" I said, more of a question than an answer. Yi Eun nodded his head and started walking forward. I followed behind him.

"This is the school of business, which you would not visit much often since you are going to pursue engineering. But your meeting area is somewhere here." Yi Eun said as held open the door for me.

"Thank you." I muttered and looked around the facility. It was not bad for a first impression.

"Where will you be the entire day then?" I asked Yi Eun as he followed suit into the building with me.

"I'll be in the office and classes. I was assigned to teach some classes as well" Yi Eun explained as I nodded my head slowly in comprehension.

"But-"

"Mr Park! Good morning!" Two girls walked over and greeted Yi Eun with a smile.

"Good morning." Yi Eun simply gave them a nod.

"Can we ask you a few questions. We are going to have our mid terms in a few hours." One of the girl pleaded and stretched out her paper to Yi Eun. Yi Eun gave me a glance.

"I'm sorry I have something going on. Can I get back to you in my consultation hours?" He replied them but the girls started to show looks of deject.

"It's fine Yi Eun. I'll find the room myself." I stated but it seemed that the girls had already overwhelmed him with millions of questions.

"Are you sure?" He looked at me worriedly but the girls managed to catch his attention and they started to head off in another direction.

I felt dejected for a moment. Yi Eun was supposed to be my only pillar of support here and they took him away from me. But I let out a breath and gave myself a soft pat on the back as I tried to find the room that I was supposed to go to.

"LTCL 2...Where is it?" I mumbled to myself as I looked all the rooms that I was passing. LTCL 8...LTCL 5...LTCL 6...

Why were the arrangement of the rooms so weird?

I heard my phone's ring and I began to search for it in my purse while walking forward.

"Thud!" I felt someone hit my side and I fell to the ground. Damn. It was one heavy hit.

"Oh my god.I'm so sorry." I heard a voice apologize to me as he bent down to see how I was. I took up my phone that fell as well at midst of this fall and inspected it. At least it was alright.

"Are you fine?" The person who bumped into me asked me concernly. I looked up and gave him a small smile. He was wearing a blue T-shirt with jeans and nice converse shoes. He had a nice undercut that was slightly showing from the cap he was wearing. The expression he had was priceless though. He looked as if he had committed a crime.

"It's fine." I assured him as I tried to get myself up. He offered a hand to me and I gratefully took it.

"I'm really really really sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you. I wasn't looking at where I was walking and I was walking too fast as well." He explained and I shook my head.

"It's fine. I was paying attention to where I was walking as well." I tried to smile as warmly as I could.

"Erm... Do you by any chance know where LTCL 2 is?" He asked.

"No. Wait. I'm looking for that room as well." I answered happily. At least I found someone that I was going to know.

"What a coincidence." He muttered as he beamed back a bright smile and extended a hand." My name is Jason by the way and I'm from Singapore, so pardon me if I'm clumsy in any way. I am on foriegn lands."

"I'm Hae Ri, Go Hae Ri. I'm from Seoul." I returned the handshake.

"Seoul? As in Seoul, Korea?" He repeated and I nodded.

"Woah." He breathed out.

"Singapore is woah as well." I laughed at his reaction.

"But Korea man. Wait, you know about Singapore?" He muttered and I gave him a resigned smile.

"Of course. Singapore is such a beautiful island. But before we continue this conversation, aren't we going to be late?" I reminded him. He pursed his lips into an "yeah" as we continued to find that room. After a few turns, we managed to find LTCL 2.

We settled down in the empty seats as we entered. At least we weren't late.

"So how do you find Malaysia?" Jason asked and I pursed my lips to think about this question.

Malaysia. What comes into my mind as I think about Malaysia?

I think about the day I arrived. How lost and frightened I had been. I think about the food Yi Eun bought for me. How he brought me out for that short trip though he had been busy. The food that he cooked but I didn't manage to eat. That hug I woke up to.

I bit down on my lip to stop the blush that was going to form.

"It's not bad." I finally answered as I looked back to Jason who was staring intentively at me. I let out a laugh," There's something on my face?"

"No.. No.." He started to get flustered.

"Calm down. I'm just teasing." I laughed as Jason started to blush a little.

"Hello guys. Welcome to International Prep Day!" The person that stood at the front broke down all the small chatters.

"Welcome to Curtin University Sarawak!" He continued and we gave a short round of applause. He continued with some speeches that I managed to zone out. I really hated speeches.

I suddenly remembered that I had a notification from my phone and began searching for it in my bag again. I unlocked my phone and saw the message Yi Eun sent me.

-Found LTCL 2?

I typed him a 'Ne' with a smile before putting my phone back into my bag.

"Now, everyone, please take turns introducing yourself to one another." The guy ordered. I let out a sigh. I always hated this part. Self introduction just felt so awkward. But still, there wasn't any way for me to escape this.

I tried to catch as many names as possible, hoping I would be able to make more friends later on but then, I was really horrible with names. But there were people from all around the world though. It was the preparation day for internationals afterall.

"My name is Jason Chia. I am 18 this year. I am taking Foundation in Engineering in Science and I am from Singapore." Jason made his introduction and sat back into his seat.

"Your turn." He gave me an encouraging smile as I got up reluctantly.

"My name is Go Hae Ri. I am 18 this year as well, taking Foundation in Engineering and Science. I am from Seoul,Korea." I quickly made my introduction and sat back down. My legs almost went jelly from this introduction, I hated how everyone's attention was on me.

After all the introduction was done, we were given a few more speeches by the president of the International division, yes he was the president, some safety preaches and motivational preaches before we were brought to another building to take photos for our Student ID.

"So are you staying on campus accodomation?" Jason asked and I shook my head.

"I live off campus." I answered.

"Hey! Hae Ri isn't it? Nice to meet you!" A girl came over to greet us," I'm Vanessa!"

"Nice to meet you!" I returned her smile.

"So you are from Korea? That is like so cool!" Vanessa squealed while I nodded my head awkwardly.

"And Jason right? Singapore is so cool." Vanessa said as she and Jason started to talk about some random stuff. I walked away, hoping to not break their conversation. It was finally my turn to take the photo.
"Take a seat." The lady commanded and I sat down at the seat and tidied my hair before the photo was taken.

"Fabulous." She commented as she showed me the photo she has taken for my approval. I was happy with that photo and decided to use it.

Jason and Vanessa were still talking as I walked out of the booth. It was almost twelve and we had a break until two.

"Jason, Vanessa, I'm going to look for someone first. Have fun!" I muttered a short goodbye to Jason and Vanessa as I tried to find Yi Eun for lunch.

Yi Eun said that he would be in his office the entire day today. I guess I'll try my luck there. I really hope I'll find him there. I was famished and I didn't want to eat alone.

"Hi! May I know where the office might be?" I asked a random passerby for directions and she directed me there.

It was quite far from where I was so I quickened my steps, hoping not to miss Yi Eun. I finally arrived at the office and began to search my way through each one of the sub-office.

"Park Yi Eun. Park Yi Eun." I chanted to myself as I ran through the name tags of the offices.

"There you are." I clucked my tongue under the roof of my mouth satisficatory. I pushed open the door after a soft nod.

I walked slowly to Yi Eun's desk.

"And you can see from here, V=.." Yi Eun broke out from his explanation as he noticed my presence. His students looked up from the paper curiously to look at where he was looking. Yi Eun returned to his explanation and the students' attention went back to the question.

After 10 more minutes, he finally finished explaining the question and the students were finally gone.

"Thank you Mr Park." They chirped as Yi Eun took a sip of water.

"I was about to call you. I accidentally brought an extra packet of rice and wanted to ask you if you wanted it." Yi Eun muttered as a smile lit up my face.

"Accidentally?" I gave him a cheeky smile as I took the package of rice he handed me and opened it. Fried rice. It smelt good as well.

"Do you want to have lunch together then?" I started asking as I heard the door open and heels clucking towards us.

"Eun! You want to eat together?" I turned around to the familiar voice. Athena was working here as well?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 62.6K 63
When soulmates turn fifteen, whatever your soulmate writes on their body, will also appear on yours. They can also feel each other's pain and heart b...
3.9K 282 26
[COMPLETED] (UNDER REVISION) A weird game suddenly spreads all around the city that made people do anything to get what they want. Many people were m...
61.1K 4.1K 32
❝ you can't fall for him, eun ❞ ❝ but what if i already did? ❞ ✧ in which kim doyoung tries really hard to make sure that cha eun doesn't fall for pa...
1.6K 126 23
"Hyung, I think you're totally overreacting here. It was a one-time thing, so why would it be such a big deal?" Taehyung spoke softly to calm Yoongi...