Please Don't Leave Me Behind...

De JalizaBurwell

Sang Sorenson grew up in Greece and used to be close friends with Silas Korba. But then one day he left with... Mais

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
A/N: NEWS!
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Snapshot 63.5
Chapter Sixty-Four
I have a surprise for you!
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Epilogue: Surprise POV
A fan made book cover

Chapter Twenty-Six

13.2K 691 108
De JalizaBurwell

I wonder if you'll notice the hints to another plot in this chapter. Anyways! Enjoy and as always, comment and let me know what you think. I love reading them and they always give me things to think about and consider as I write the future chapters.

***

**| Sang's POV |**

It didn't take long to get my student ID and then to find all the books I needed for my classes. I spent extra time looking over their collections of books, already planning on which ones I wanted to borrow. The school's options were slim. You'd think with such a large school, they would have more books but that wasn't the case. In fact, most of the books were old and falling apart, the rest were written all over on, the pages folded. It broke my heart to see such ill-treated books.

I found a section of books that dealt with computer science and found one that interested me and didn't seem as ruined as the rest. It was high up on the top shelf and I couldn't reach it, even on my tip toes. I tried jumping up but that didn't work either. I let out a huff of frustration, hating that the world tended to be too tall for us normal folks.

An arm came into my peripheral vision and I shrank away from it as it reached up and grabbed the same book I've been trying to grab for the last few minutes. I stepped further away, wary of who he was.

A boy, maybe a year older than me stood next to me, looking me over the same way I was scrutinizing him. We were both cautious of each other. He was tall, wiry, with green eyes and dark brown hair cropped short. After we finished checking each other out, his lips curled into a small smile that I knew right away wasn't real, more like his default expression.

I looked at him and then at the book, shifting on my feet. I really wanted to look at that book.

He looked at the book and then held it out to me. "You wanted this, right?"

I nodded.

He lifted the book up more towards me, as if to give it to me.

I reached out hesitantly, wondering if he was playing some sort of prank but I couldn't see anything but sincerity in his expression. I grabbed the book and tucked it into my chest before he decided to keep it for himself.

"Are you interested in computers?"

"My friend is. I'm curious about the things he's interested in."

He nodded and when he smiled this time, it felt genuine.

"I'm great with computers. Want to sit with me and I can help you go over the material if you have trouble?"

"You would do that?"

He nodded. "I'm Wil."

"Sang." I gave him a small smile and he led the way to a table already claimed by a book bag. He moved the bag to the floor and motioned for me to sit across from him. I settled down.

Without saying anything, I opened the book and read. When I had a question on something, I would ask him and he would patiently explain it to me.

I was just about to ask him another question when my phone buzzed against my skin. I flinched at the suddenness of it. With a frown, I pulled it out of my bra, my face growing red because Wil's face grew just as red as he focused even harder on his textbook.

North: Is everything okay? No one is bothering you, right?

Gabriel: If they are, I'll go over there and beat the shit out of them for you.

Sang: I'm fine.

Silas: Would you tell us if you weren't?

I thought about Silas's question. Would I? Easy answer, no. I wouldn't. They didn't need to learn anymore about my mother or what she's done to me or about my absentee father who ignored everything or Maria who apparently scorned me or the fact that I was a murderer or that Volto was a cold-blooded killer or that I had a handful of deaths on my hands.

"Sang." Someone called out to me and I took in what felt like my first breath in a long while. I looked up to see Wil staring at me with concern. "Are you okay? You were staring at your phone as if it might somehow grow legs and take off on you."

"I'm alright. My friends were just checking in."

My phone buzzed again and I read the messages that popped up.

Kota: Why is there texting going on when I know for a fact everyone is in class.

Luke: Shit, run! He's on to us.

North: Just checking to make sure Sang baby was okay.

Kota: She's in the library, not much can happen to her in there with so many other people around. Pay attention to class before you get detention.

Everyone must have taken Kota's command seriously because I didn't get any more texts. I tucked my phone away, both Wil and I blushing. It was a good spot where no one could tell I had it on me which was good with Maria at school with me and Diane at home. If either of them knew I had a phone, I would be in a lot of trouble.

The bell rang but not before I got a promise from Wil for him to bring in some computer books he had at home that he said are better than what they have here. I was excited to learn more. I'm always excited to learn more about something.

I went into the hallway to wait for North but was instantly overwhelmed by students who forced me to follow the flow of their movements. I only made it to the end of the hallway before someone shoved me up against a wall. Pain shot through my back and I grunted as my sight turned hazy. My ribs screamed out in agony. I had to force myself to ignore my body's pain.

I was in danger. I couldn't nurse my pain right now. I needed to focus. The smell of menthol washed over me. The dark hair and goatee only verified who had me up against a wall once again.

Greg.

He sneered at me, still dressed in baggy clothes with his hair shaggy.

"Well, if it isn't the stuck-up bitch," he said, leaning towards me. I jerked away from him, trying to put distance between us but the stream of students didn't care about the danger Greg represented. They ignored us, shuffling forward, creating a wall that effectively kept me trapped in the little corner he shoved me into.

"No boyfriend to ride to your rescue here," he chuckled and reached out to touch me but this time, I had enough resolve to put my hands on his chest and push. He didn't step away but he couldn't get closer either. I locked my elbows, not willing to let them bend so he could get closer.

"Please, leave me alone," I begged and knew right away that was the wrong thing to say. The fear in my voice only got him worked up and a new kind of fire lit his eyes. The new look sent dread running down my body. I knew enough about male and females to know what was crossing his mind at the moment.

"Maybe I should give you something to help you loosen up. What do you think of that?" he purred though it came out too scratchy and sounded more like he should stop smoking. "I have something if you're interested. And after you're feeling good, I can help you feel like your fucking soaring."

I shook my head frantically, still pushing against him as he tried to get closer. My heart pounded against my chest and the pain in my back turned from a dull ache into a roaring scream.

"Fuck off," someone growled.

North's large hand grabbed Greg's shoulder and then shoved him away.

"What the fuck?" Greg swore but paused when he turned to face North. He lifted his hands, looked between the two of us. He snorted and the corner of his left lip turned into a sneer. "You really do know how to get around," he said while looking at me.

North's hand fisted and he stepped towards Greg who only stepped into the crowd and used the bodies to get away in case North decided to give chase. I stared at North as he tried to decide if the chase was worth it. I could see the calculation in his eyes. He finally came to a decision and turned to me.

"I told you to fucking wait for me. That asshole wouldn't have gotten his hands on you if you had just fucking listened." He pulled his phone out, sent out a text, and then tucked it away.

He grabbed my wrist, his grip firm but not painful. He pulled me into the crowd, heading towards our next class, History, which was back out in the trailers.

The bell rang and we were late but North ignored it. His shoulders were squared with anger, body stiff, and stride long. I had to practically jog to keep up with his angry pace. The walkways outside that led to the trailers were clearing up as the stragglers went inside, leaving us pretty much alone.

My body shook with nerves. North's anger scared me and right now he seemed furious. I wanted to do something to ease his emotions but I had no clue what to do. I did something wrong and now I had to find a way to fix it.

"I'm sorry, North Star," I whispered, saying the first thing that came to mind.

North froze and turned to face me, his hand still around my wrist. His grip eased as he looked me over slowly.

"What did you call me?" His voice was softer, huskier, and sent delicious tingles down my spine.

I tilted my head and realized what I said. My face warmed at the nickname I wasn't even aware of saying.

"North Star. You're my Polikós Astéras (North Star). It seems you are always guiding me for one reason or another and I feel like if you're around, then I'll never be lost." My warm face was now turning into a hot furnace. I didn't even know where that came from. It just felt so natural.

North's entire demeanor softened and he pulled me closer to him. "I will always be there to guide you, if you'll let me," he whispered.

My eyes widened and he smiled. North smiled. At me. I lost all thoughts, my brain circuits frying out. Who would have thought that smiling could transform one's face entirely.

"Come on, Sang baby," North chuckled and dragged us into our next class. I didn't even care that we were really late. North smiled.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

236K 8.5K 77
After, Sang leaves home. She starts to trust . Although, she didn't just meet the Blackbourne team. She also meets the Toma team too. Will she be abl...
113K 3.4K 80
Diana Dursley turned 12 and her whole life flipped as she knew it once that Hogwarts letter arrived at her parent's doorsteps. After her family was f...
272K 17.7K 51
Sang's whole world revolves around synchronized swimming: her mother has become obsessed with Sang's success and is pushing her beyond her limits. Wh...
14.7K 302 13
Luna Dragneel. Daughter of Natsu and Lucy. A secret that was kept from her since she was born. Her demon side. Inheriting it from her father, also us...