Fighting The Light (A Harry P...

By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Amber Chamberlin disliked James Potter very much. There was no way of putting it simpler or plainer. From the... More

Fighting The Light (A Harry Potter Next Generation Fanfic Book 1)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 45

3.4K 70 42
By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Amber Chamberlin

I had never seen anything like this and this was the first time throughout the whole battle that I felt like we'd been defeated. What if we didn't win this time?

"Well, you didn't think that we could do it, but we did. We have captured those most important to Harry and Ginny Potter." Elijah grinned, addressing everyone in the Great Hall.

"What do you want?! An order of Merlin?!" Taylor yelled at him. She looked so aggravated by him. 

"I would advise you to be quiet Ms Windsor. My father has informed me of you. Loud mouthed and an ego the size of the universe." Elijah tutted at Taylor.

"When you say that you sound like you're talking about yourself." Taylor spat.

"Taylor, please shut up." Mattie groaned. He was clearly worried that his wife was going to end up the first dead if she didn't shut up. 

"I think that we should get down to business, don't you Elijah?" Voldemort spoke. His voice alone was enough to make everyone shiver. 

"Certainly Father. It's all down to Ginevra, am I correct?" Elijah smirked at Ginny.

"You are correct. Come forward Ginevra." Voldemort grinned.

Ginny wouldn't move even after Voldemort had spoken. It wasn't till Elijah raised his wand and used a summoning charm to bring her chair forward that she looked up. The ropes dropped away and Ginny sighed, looking Elijah in the eye as if she was challenging him. 

"If you try to run Ginevra, we'll kill a family member each time you move, starting with Mr Malfoy over there." Elijah warned.

"I'm not going to run. That would just be pointless." Ginny spat, rolling her eye's. 

"Elijah, I forgot that many people don't know what's going to happen to Ginevra, this all looks a bit confusing to them. I think that we should inform them, then it will make watching it a lot harder for them." Voldemort sneered.

"Very well Father." Elijah spoke, lowering his wand.

"Oh how nice of you." Taylor spoke up again. I loved how sarcastic she was but now was definitely not the right time. 

"Ms Windsor, this is your final warning. If you speak again out of turn, then I will you kill you." Elijah told her fiercely.

"Mum please shut up." Lottie cried, tears were rolling down her cheeks. Taylor looked at her daughter and took in her pain and sighed, lowering her head. 

"Good evening everyone. I hope you have all heard of Aphrodite's curse? Anyway I don't care if you have or not. To break this story down, I wanted revenge on Harry Potter not just by killing him, but also hurting him emotionally. So with Aphrodite's instructions, I created a bond between Ginevra and Harry. To do this, I implanted in Ginevra's mind that she was in love with Harry Potter from the age of eleven. In the Chamber Of Secrets in Ginevra's second year, I'm sure you've all heard the story, I gave her Aphrodite's gift so that the bond could be created fully. Today, I shall be taking away that gift from her because it is the gift of life saving love. To kill Harry Potter, I must break the bond so that Ginevra's love cannot save his life." Voldemort spoke to the crowd.

"Oh my god. Are you trying to say that my Mum never even loved my Dad?!" Lily cried, a look of horror on her face. I could slowly feel the tears rolling down my face. This was horrible. I looked over at James to see the pain in his face. I'd never seen him look so hurt. 

"That could be the case, yes Miss Potter." Voldemort smirked at her.

"Oh my god." Hermione gasped, tears rolling down her cheeks as well.

"Now let's get down to business." Elijah grinned, raising his wand.

I looked away not wanting to watch. How could someone ever think about doing something so horrific to a person? Ginny was like my second Mum now and I couldn't watch, I just couldn't. 

"No! Please! Please don't do this!" Colette cried from just beside Ginny.

"Just because you can see the future Miss Reynolds, it doesn't mean that you are allowed to blab about it. That's the first rule of the life in between life and death." Voldemort told her. This made it worse. Colette knew what could happen and she looked horrified by it. The tears starting falling faster. 

"Please! You don't understand what it would do to her, to them all!" Colette cried again. Ghostly tears were running down her face now. 

"I think you're forgetting that I can see the future too Miss Reynolds, I know exactly what's going to happen to her." Voldemort smirked.

"Stand up Ginevra, we can get a better shot at you then." Elijah told Ginny.

Ginny stood up shakily and she looked Elijah in the eye again. This time she showed her anger. I could tell what she was angry about. Why did dark forces keep attacking her family like this? Why couldn't she have a life full of happiness rather than all of this pain?  

"Ginny!" Harry cried, just as Elijah was about to speak. Ginny turned her head round to look at him. We all watched him to see what he was going to say "I'll still love you, no matter what." Harry looked as if he was about to cry and that made my tears worse. I could not even think about losing James and it had only just hit me that I could lose him tonight. We would never be able to get married and live the rest of our lives together. 

"Remember that I love you, even if I say that I don't when this spell is shot at me." Ginny told him, tears now rolling down her face. Harry nodded and looked down at the floor. 

"Oh how very touching." Voldemort said coldly. "Do it Elijah."

Suddenly a bright light erupted from Elijah's wand and it hit Ginny straight in the chest. She then began to rise upwards as the spell did what it was supposed to do. Ginny's eye's were closed and her hair was flying out behind her. It was the most horrific thing I had ever seen in my life. I didn't want to look as the spell worked. 

"Mum." Lily was crying her eye's out and tears began to fall even faster from my eye's. 

Then a different coloured bright light emerged from Colette and it shot towards both Voldemort and Ginny. Voldemort began screaming out in agony as Colette's magic did it's work. Merlin knew what it was doing but it was starting to work. 

"Father!" Elijah cried, looking behind him at Voldemort whilst keeping his wand on Ginny. It was evident on his face that he didn't know what he was doing. 

As this was happening James had managed to shuffle forward to his wand and he was now standing in front of me and untying the ropes that were around me. He quickly pulled me up and checked that I was alright before running to untie everyone else. I quickly moved and pulled Lily up and into a hug. I wanted to say that everything was going to be alright even if I didn't know if I was going to be alright or not. 

We all ran towards Ginny, trying to see if she was alright. I held James close to me as Harry shook her slightly to see if she would wake up. "Ginny?" Harry kept calling as he shook her. Hermione slowly picked up Ginny's wrist, holding her breath and testing her pulse. She let out a sigh of relief and dropped Ginny's wrist again when she felt one. Thank merlin she was still alive. 

A couple of minutes later, Ginny suddenly shot up, gasping for breath making us all jump. It looked like she had just been to hell and back from the look on her face. 

"Harry." Ginny sighed as she caught sight of her husband.

"Do you- do you still love me?" Harry asked her, he looked very worried.

"Yes. Of course I do you idiot." Ginny laughed a little taking in the look of worry on his face. Harry let out a large sigh of relief and pulled Ginny to him. 

"Colette!" Ginny then suddenly cried out, escaping from Harry's grip. 

"Hey Gin." Colette's voice sounded croaky she looked so weak and she was now fully laid on the ground. 

"What did you do?" Ginny asked, tears swimming in her eye's.

"I saved you. What else was I suppose to do? Y-you were gonna die." Colette told her. I took James' hand as tear's started rolling down his face. James rarely ever cried. 

"She was dying?" Harry asked.

"Yes, until I cast that spell that got rid of Voldemort's ghost. I expect that he's been taken to hell. My spell saved you Gin." Colette smiled weakly.

"Colette?" A man emerged from the crowd looking at Colette's ghost with sadness. 

"Seamus." Colette smiled.

"I can't believe it's you." Seamus gasped, walking forward to kneel down beside Taylor and Mattie.

"Technically it's not her, it's her ghost." Taylor spoke, shrugging. Taylor's humour definitely lightened the mood a little. 

"You're dying." Ginny spoke, tears were now rolling down her cheeks.

"I'm already dead Ginny. Anyway, at least I died for the second time doing something worthwhile. You're my best friend Ginny, I'd save your life ten times over." Colette smiled, raising a ghostly hand to touch Ginny's cheek.

"Colette, I love you." Seamus sighed.

"You do? But I've been dead for years. What about your wife?" Colette asked in surprise. She seemed genuinely surprised that someone that loved her so many years ago could still love her. 

"It was always you Colette, I suppose that she was my rebound." Seamus sighed, tears now dripping down his face.

"I love you too Seamus." Colette smiled.

"Where will you go now?" Taylor asked.

"Hopefully heaven. Maybe Hell because I defied the laws of the life between life and death." Colette smiled weakly.

"You'd better not go to Hell. Colette Reynolds doesn't belong in Hell." Taylor shook her head.

"I want you two to know that I love you very much. I want you all to know that you changed my life and I wouldn't have it any other way. Thank you all so much. Seamus, Ginny, Taylor, I'll be watching over you from whether I am. I love you all very much." Colette smiled.

"I'll always love you Colette." Seamus smiled, placing a kiss on her ghostly forehead, even though he didn't feel it.

"I love you my little Collyflower, never forget that. Thank you for saving Ginny." Taylor smiled, tears were now rolling down her face. Colette nodded once and rested her palm on Taylor's cheek.

"I love you too Colette. Thank you so much for everything that you've done for me, you were so brave. I'll miss you Colette." Ginny smiled.

"I can feel it pulling me so I'm going to give in now. I love you all, I'll see you again soon." Colette smiled, resting a palm on all of their cheek's before her body disappeared.

It was the most heart wrenching thing i'd ever seen in my life. I turned around and hugged James' tightly, tears rolling down both of our faces'. 

"Don't worry, it's all over now. Neville killed Elijah and the rest of the Death Eaters fled. The Aurors will deal with them." Harry told Ginny, however it was loud enough for us all to hear. 

Finally it was over and Colette Reynolds was in a better place. 

Nobody could thank her enough for everything that she had done for every single one of us. 

******************************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 141 51
James Potter has always hated everything about Mariya Seratova: she's blunt, unapologetic, and worst of all she's a Slytherin. She stands for everyth...
207K 4.7K 34
Leianna Sweary has been through a lot since her first year at Hogwarts. She has been through more than any typical teenager. Her first year resulted...
301 46 40
Hi, it's James. James Potter. You probably know my last name as my father is Harry Potter. Yes, you've heard right, my father's THE Harry Potter. Any...
3.7K 125 19
The fifth part of un unforgettable story. A Wizarding World Story When Lucy Parcivall began her first year at Hogwarts she never would have imagined...