Fighting The Light (A Harry P...

By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Amber Chamberlin disliked James Potter very much. There was no way of putting it simpler or plainer. From the... More

Fighting The Light (A Harry Potter Next Generation Fanfic Book 1)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 43

3.3K 64 13
By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Amber Chamberlin

After Neville had said that Lily was in danger everything happened in a blur. Ginny quickly grabbed Harry and James' hand's whilst James' grabbed mine and we quickly apparated to Hogwarts. In moments like this you could tell that Ginny was such a determined woman and that she would do anything to protect the people she loved. 

"Flipping heck Ginny, that was quick, we didn't even lock the house up or anything!" Harry cried, a small smile of admiration on his face as he looked at his wife. 

"Like I care about locking the house up. Our daughter is in danger Harry. There are enchantments around the house anyway, it'll be fine and either Hermione or Taylor might have thought to lock up anyway." Ginny shrugged.

"Definitely not Aunt Taylor." James muttered.

Ginny quickly ushered us all up the path that led to Hogwarts. To say that Death Eaters were inside the castle everything was strangely quiet and it definitely didn't seem like a battle was going to start at all. 

"Ginny get down!" Harry cried, quickly tugging her around the side of Hagrid's hut. James acted quickly and pulled me with him, blocking me from the two Death Eaters who were walking down the path and looking around as if looking for intruders. 

"That was close. Be more careful Mum." James warned his Mum. He gave me a small smile and kept his hand clasped around my own. 

"Sorry I'm just determined that's all. They've had you once and now they've got Lily. I'm not standing for it anymore!" Ginny whispered harshly. I admired how much she'd do for a children and right now she reminded me of her Mother. Molly Weasley was exactly the same and I wouldn't be surprised if she turned up later trying to fight her way through Death Eaters even at her age. 

"We all are, but you still have to be careful Gin." Harry told her.

"I know! Now are we going to stand here all day or go and find Lily?" Ginny rolled her eye's at her husband and checked for death eaters before stalking up the path towards the castle. 

Harry quickly hurried to keep up with his wife whilst myself and James kept close behind. I had never been in a situation like this and it was fun but also very scary at the same time. I was having to constantly check around and behind me to make sure I wasn't being followed. We both quickly hurried to join Harry and Ginny as the crouched behind the wall where they had a clear view of the Death Eaters blocking the Entrance Hall and the entrance to the Great Hall. 

"Alright, we need a plan. If they're blocking the Great Hall, then obviously they're inside the Great Hall." Ginny told us, looking at us all one by one. 

"Well I brought the Invisibility Cloak if that helps?" James asked his Mum. 

"I thought Al had the Cloak?" Ginny narrowed her eye's at him. 

"He did but I asked him if I could borrow it for a mission that I had to do, but I haven't given it back to him yet." James explained, shrugging his shoulder's. 

"Okay, I suppose that you and Amber could go under the cloak and stun two of the Death Eaters. Also cast a silencing spell so that people inside the Great Hall won't suspect that anything is going off just yet. The other two Death Eaters will put up a fight and that's where we come in, we'll duel the other two then meet you outside the Great Hall." Harry told us the plan. I nodded quickly, taking in what he had said. 

"Hey guys." A loud voice spoke.

"Taylor! Shut up and get behind the wall!" Ginny cried, pulling Taylor down so that she wouldn't be seen. Mattie quickly joined us, looking worried about his wife and obviously his daughter, Lottie, who was inside the castle. 

"What was that?" One of the Death Eaters inside the entrance hall asked.

"I didn't hear anything, you're imagining things Arvel." Another Death Eater spoke.

"Right! we can't stay here much longer because people are going to find us. You two go." Harry told me and James. 

James nodded at me once and threw the invisibility cloak over us both. We moved quickly but made sure we couldn't be seen. James quickly cast the silencing charm that he had learnt from his Dad and I then quickly stunned the other two. They both fell to the floor. 

Harry, Ginny, Taylor and Mattie quickly burst into the entrance hall as me and James threw off the cloak and we quickly took down the other two Death Eaters. They numbered by a large amount of people so it was easily done. James, Mattie and Harry quickly moved the four Death Eaters into broom closet that sat at the side of the Great Hall. 

We all stood outside the Great Hall with our wand's raised as Hermione, Ron and Neville came running in to join us. I could feel my heart pounding in my head as I stood looking at the doors of the Great Hall with my wand raised. I had never done anything like this before and now I felt determined to save the ones I loved and to help bring peace back to the Wizarding world. 

"Ginny, I locked your house up for you." Hermione panted, trying to whisper. Hermione was always thinking about safety first and this just proved that point. 

"Thanks." Ginny replied, smiling appreciably. 

"Right. Let's go." Harry pushed open the doors and the nine of us walked into the room, wands held ready for battle.

The Great Hall was full of silent people and a massive crowd of students and teachers were crowded around the front of the Great Hall. The crowd parted to let us through and there was Lily being held at wand point by a man that didn't exactly look that evil. He just looked like a normal wizard except for the fact that he had a menacing smirk on his face as we approached. 

"Ah, the Potters, the Weasleys and Longbottom. I wandered when you'd be making an appearance. How I've longed to meet you for so long." The man at the front smirked.

"Let Lily go, this has nothing to do with her. Your battle's with me." Harry told him.

"Ah Ginny. Ginny Potter, it's an absolute pleasure. Do I haunt you? I look like him don't I? Ah but only yourself and Harry would know that. Everyone that knew him then is dead except from you two." The man grinned. Ginny had gone white yet she still looked utterly determined. 

"You don't scare me. Those nightmares stopped years ago." Ginny told him confidently.

"How is it that you look like him?" Harry asked, walking forwards still.

"Oh I'm his son. You really think that the Dark Lord didn't have a back up plan Potter? His back up plan came in the form of me. I am the son of Lord Voldemort and Bellatrix Lestrange. Poor Rudolphus Lestrange will be turning in his grave." The man sneered. I squeezed James' hand tightly. How could this be true?

"How is that possible? The Dark Lord loved no one." Harry spat.

"Of course he didn't. When he asked the Death Eaters to assist him with his Plan B, poor old Bellatrix was far to happy to conceive a child for him. Most say that she was in love with him. Poor Rudolphus." The man laughed.

"That's disgusting. You weren't conceived through love just like your Father, that means you will never love. You probably don't believe in it." Harry spat again. 

"Oh I don't Potter you're right. Shall we get on with my story? Anyway when I heard that you married Potter, and that you had children I knew I could get to you through them, so when I kidnapped young James and then your wife, I knew you'd come. However you got away after I impregnanted your wife and then got rid of our child, I knew I had to come back harder. So I waited."

"It was you! You were the one that did that to her!" Harry cried, storming forward pointing his wand straight at the man's face. Hermione gasped at the side of me. The memory of this still affected her deeply. 

Ginny quickly ran after Harry and pulled him back so that he wouldn't do something that he'd regret later. James had told me that his Dad had quite a temper. 

"Now now, calm down Potter. She got rid of it didn't she? It's a shame that she didn't die. That child could have been amazing and she killed it." The man sneered.

"That child would have been evil. It wasn't conceived through love, like you and Voldemort, nobody wants a human being like that in the world." Harry spat.

"How dare you speak his name?! Do you have no respect?!" The man yelled, making people cower in fear. Lily looked in despair in her seat, tears pouring from her eyes.  But Harry and Ginny didn't move, they still looked determined as ever. 

"Fear of the name only increases fear of the thing itself." Harry told the man, grinning over at Hermione. She gave him a small smile back.

"Don't get clever with me Potter." The man sneered, holding the wand closer to Lily's neck.

"I can do whatever I like." Harry replied.

"Go find Al." Ginny whispered to James. James nodded and pulled me back through the crowd with him looking for Albus' face. 

"Who are you anyway? Do you even have a name?" Harry asked.

We could still hear Harry and Ginny conversing with the man as we walked through the crowd looking for Albus. 

"Oh Harry, have you not figured it out yet. How very dumb of you." He man smirked.

"You're ETR. You're the one that left the note." Ginny told him.

"Very clever, your wife is cleverer than you Potter. I am ETR. Elijah Tom Riddle." He grinned.

"Will you please let my daughter go, she's done nothing wrong!" Ginny cried.

"Oh yes, lovely innocent little Lily. She's quite beautiful isn't she, quite like her mother." He grinned, looking over at the struggling Lily.

We finally found Albus stood with Lottie, Rose and Kyle near Professor McGonagall. He was being held back to make sure that he didn't try to run up to this Elijah Riddle person and knock his lights out. 

"Let her go!" Harry yelled.

"It's quite funny, little Lily isn't so little anymore and probably isn't as innocent as you think she is. Did you know that your daughter was in a relationship with a Malfoy Potter? Who would have thought it, a Potter and a Malfoy?" He smirked at Lily. I could feel James tense at the side of me as he said these words. Al's anger didn't get any better as he struggled against Kyle's hold on him. 

"Actually I did." Ginny spoke up. Lily looked up at her Mother in shock. 

"What?! You knew?!" Harry asked her.

"Of course I did, motherly instinct." Ginny shrugged.

"I'm sorry Mum, Dad." Lily looked down at the floor on shame.

"Don't be sorry darling, if you love the boy there's no problem with that." Ginny smiled at her daughter. Harry looked between Ginny and Lily for a minute before sighing and giving in.

"Your Mother's right." Harry sighed.

"What?! No way! Malfoy isn't even allowed to touch my sister!" James cried. I pulled his arm down and gave him the 'shut up' look. He quickly calmed down and pouted at the thought of his sister dating Scorpius Malfoy. 

"Give it a rest James." Ginny replied to him, not even looking where he was. 

"Where is he anyway?" Albus opened his mouth. 

"Oh Mr Malfoy? My friends are taking care of him." Elijah smirked.

"No! What did you do to him?!" Lily screamed, attempting to break free. I could evidently see how much Scorpius meant to Lily and that she was in love with him. I'd be the exact same if it was James. 

"Harry, me, Taylor and Mattie are going to find Scorpius, be careful." Ginny told Harry. She then kissed his cheek and turned towards Taylor and Mattie. 

"Oh how touching, be careful Ginevra." Elijah smirked. 

Ginny, Taylor and Mattie rushed out of the Great Hall with their wand's raised whilst Harry turned back to Elijah. 

"So, let's talk about this. Just you and me." Harry smirked at Elijah and conjured a seat to sit on. 

**********************************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.7K 175 35
Amber Gisburn is no ordinary witch. Her father is the most evil wizard of all time. Grindelwald. Although she is a student at Hogwarts, she is her fa...
67 6 21
The stars finally align for the young Olivia Kelly. After a rough 5 years at Hogwarts the young witch finally begins to gain popularity and friends...