Choices

By NatashaWright8

His name is Oliver Adain who is a homicide detective. Or is he? Will that's what he's been told. He doesn't k... More

The coming of a strom
The accident
Mysterious guy
Not everyone dies peacefuly
Past life
Bombing 2.0
Report
Set up
Break out
Heist
Alexis
Deadeye
Epilogue

Rescue

0 0 0
By NatashaWright8

Oliver slammed his hand down on the table. "Do you guys have any idea where he would have taken her?" Oliver asked.
They all shook their heads.
Oliver ran a hand though his hair and sighed. "We have just over a day to find her then he's going to kill her!" Oliver yelled.
"Maybe you should just let it go. We're in now shape to fight Lucifer and even if we fine where he is, what makes you think he will keep her alive?" Red said standing up.
"She alive."
"Maybe but I don't think she is. Why don't we have a break, we've been at this for almost 12 hours. I'm tried and hungry. You could use some sleep."
"Oliver, Red is right. There's a very small chance that she's still alive. Just take a break. We all could use some food and sleep," Seamus said.
"I have to find her. She's somewhere in this city. I just need to think."
"Oliver, take a break."
"No! I can't. This is all my fault."
Red put a hand on his shoulder. "One hour then we can all get back to work."
"You guys can take a break."
"Oliver."
"Just go."
Oliver walked out of the room. Red watched him leave. They all got up and left the building. Oliver was in the bathroom starring at the mirror.
"This is all my fault. If I hadn't took her on as my partner. I won't be alive but she would." He smiled and thought about the first time he meet her.

He walked into the training camp for the detective job. There where about 20 people in the class. There was only one seat left. He walked over to the seat and sat down beside this girl. She was beautiful. She had long hair tied into a ponytail and was wearing a blue dress shirt with black jeans that hugged her curves. She looked at him and said "I'm not here to make friends, so don't even try."
"Neither am I, so we should get along well. I just want to become a
detective so don't expect any help from me."
She smiled at him then looked away. The captain walked into the class and started calling out names and throwing track suits at the people who's name was being called.
"Adain?" The captain called out.
Oliver raised his hand. The captain threw a track suit at him. Oliver missed it and it hit him in the face.
Alexis laughed at him. He picked it up off the floor.

Everyone walked down a hallway and up the stairs to the bedrooms. The captain told that there would be no guy and girl roommates. Everyone picked their rooms and roommates. Alexis picked the room across from Oliver. She came outside her room at the same time as Oliver. "It's Adain, right?" Alexis asked walking towards him. "Yes, Oliver Adain," Oliver said sticking his hand out.
"Alexis Dark."
She smiled and shook his hand. "Looks like that bag cut you," she said pointing to a small cut under his left eye.
"I thought something hurt. Where?"
"By your eye."
He felt under his right eye then above his left.
"No, here." She grabbed a piece of tissue paper from her room and put water on it from her water bottle. Then wiped it over the cut.
"That stings but thank you."
"Always."
She walked into her room which was across from his. He watched her as she shut the door behind her.

Oliver looked back at himself. "Always."
He sighed and left the bathroom. Red was waiting outside the door with a brown food bag in his right hand. "Thought you might be hungry?" Red said handing him the bag.
"Thanks."
"You always say thanks never thank you, why?"
Oliver opened he bag and started eating a burger. He shrugged. They went into the office room. Oliver sat down and kept eating. Red brought up a broad of what they know on the screen behind Oliver.
"There's something we're missing," Red said looking at the board. "But what?" Oliver said between bites.
"Where's the case file on the bombings and your murder?"
"Back at Alexis's house. Why?"
"They have to be connected in some way."
"I guess. Alexis was looking into that. She believed that the two were connected somehow. Maybe she found out how and that's why she was kidnapped. Red your a genius lets go." Oliver put down the rest of his fries and ran out the door. Red watched him run. "Where are we going?" Red called out after him. Red shrugged then reached over and grabbed Oliver's fries and started eating them, while following Oliver.

Red and Oliver arrived at Alexis's house an hour later. Oliver jumped out of the car and ran over to the elevator. Red ran after him. They got inside Alexis house and started to search for the case files. "There was this guy in the crowd at the bombings and the murder. I know I've seen him before."
"What did he look like?" Red asked looking in the living room.
"Tall, brown hair, he smoked, and had a bit of a beard."
"Sound like half the people in the city."
"It was the same guy. I know him but I can't remember."
"That makes sense."
"His name started with a R. I've seen him after the crime scenes."
"Do you think he's connected to Lucifer?"
"He could be. If he's got her then he probably knows who he is at the very least."
Oliver lifted the mattress. There was a notebook and a case file under the mattress. "Red, I found something."
"Okay, I'm coming."
Oliver opened the case file. Oliver started looking though the pile. There was a guy circled in red marker with a question mark above it. He was in everyone of the photos from the three cases.
"That's Ray," Red said pointing at the guy. "He's suspected to be working with Lucifer. If anyone has your girl it would be him he has a reputation for kidnapping cops.
"Where is it?" Oliver said, looking though a list of suspects. "Here it is, Ray lance. That's the guy she was with!"
"Who and when?"
"Alexis when she broke me out, she was with this guy I thought I knew him."
Oliver kept reading the file and found out that he was suspected of killing five cops but they had no evidence and that he would kidnap them. Oliver noticed his brothers name was one of the cops that was kidnapped but was never found. "Red! Now I remember." Oliver thought about the night his brother went missing.

"Hey hot shot!" Oliver's brother yelled walking into Oliver's apartment. "Hey James" Oliver yelled from the kitchen.
"Heard you passed the detective test and that you had the highest mark."
James walked in to the kitchen and grabbed a beer from the fridge.
"Stealing my beer and yeah I had good mark but I almost got beat by this girl named Alexis. I had half a mark better."
"Nice. Is this girl hot?" James asked Oliver, and handed him a beer.
"Yeah she's gorgeous."
"My dear brother you got a crush on a girl!" James smiled and grabbed a plate of food.
"What no!" Oliver yelled "just eat your pizza." James laughed "whatever, Oliver." They finished their pizza and went to a bar.
"So your driving right." James asked Oliver.
"Yeah sure but I'm a little bit tired."
They talked for a few hours and Oliver paid the bartender.
"That was fun we have to do that more often" Oliver said getting in the drivers seat.
"Yeah" James said.
Oliver and James were singing along with a song on the radio. Then one of their headlights just stopped working.
Oliver didn't notice cuz he was singing and he would just glance at the road. They were on an back road in the country. "Haha we suck at singing" James said when the song ended.
Oliver just smiled and looked back at the road. "Why is there no light on the drivers side?" Oliver asked James.
"Who knows. Oh I love this song."
Oliver just laughs at James as he starts singing.
"Oliver." James yells.
Oliver looked back at the road. There was a person on the road so Oliver slammed on the brakes but the breaks didn't work. He tried to swerves but it's to late. Oliver just watched as he hit the guy. The guy rolls over the car and smashes the windshield. Oliver and James are covered in glass. Oliver try's the brakes again but they still didn't work. In front of them is a corner that has a drop off into the river. He try's the emergency brake but it also doesn't work so Oliver reaches over to the door on James's side and opens it. "Get out!" Oliver yelled at James. James unbuckle himself and jumped out just before the corner. James rolls around in the dirt and stops near the edge of the road. He looks over the edge to see Oliver jumping out while the car is in mid-air. Oliver try's to reach out to anything that would catch him but he just falls into the water. James gets up and brushes himself off, then runs over to the guy that they hit and checks his pulse. The guys pulse was faint. James looked over the edge and called 911 from the guys cellphone because his was smashed from getting out of the car.
"911 what's your emergency?" The person on the phone says.
"My name is James I hit someone with my car and my car went over the cliff with someone in it" James said.
"Okay where are you?"
James told the operator everything except that James was driving not Oliver. "Hey what's your name?" James asked they guy.
"Lance. Ray lance." They guy said
"Cool, mines James Aiden."

Two weeks later
Oliver woke up in the hospital a couple weeks later. "Hey, Oliver." Alexis said walking over to him.
"Hi" Oliver said.
"Do you know where your brother is?"
"No? I just woke up. Where am I?"
"Your in the hospital."
"Why are you looking for James?"
"Your brother has been missing for a week."
"What?!" Oliver yelled sitting up really fast.
"Whoa you should lay back down. We are doing everything we can to find him." Alexis said putting a hand on his chest trying to get him to lay down.
Oliver laid back down. "By that you mean you have no clue where he is and there is no evidence that he was kidnapped so I was your last resort. I'm a detective so you don't have to treat me like some kid." Oliver said sitting back up.
"Your a detective?"
"Yeah. What day is it?"
"It's September 20th and your a detective?"
"Yes. I'm Oliver Adain. I have to go."
Oliver started getting out of bed and grabbed his clothes off of the chair.
"You shouldn't do that."
"What are going to arrest me for putting on clothes?" Oliver asked with a smile. Alexis just shook her head and headed for the door.
"Hey can I get a ride to my place?" Oliver asked the person.
"Hurry up" Alexis said and left.
Oliver changed into his clothes that were covered in blood and dirt. He didn't have a shirt on because his shirt was cut off of him. He signed himself out of the hospital and found Alexis.
"What's your name?" Oliver asked getting in the car.
"Alexis."
"Your were at the training camp?"
"Yes. I'm the girl that almost beat you."
Alexis smiled.
"Nobody can beat me."
"Cocky? why don't you have a shirt on?"
"Mine was cut off of me when they brought me back to life and I'm not cocky just telling the truth."
Alexis dropped Oliver off at his house. Two weeks later. They found out that James was kidnapped and that the person was Ray lance the person Oliver ran over that night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 272 19
"I've never felt this way with any other guy before." This is a romance and action novel.Gabby Jones just broke up with Damion because she couldn't s...
792 38 18
Imagine being a normal human teenager in love with a beautiful girl. A girl you've known all your life. Or thought you knew all your life. Yet this g...
21.1K 800 59
Agent Zaiarhys Maksimov, a special and an important asset to the FBI agency along side her partner She's independent, cold, emotionless, with a wall...