The Pure One -✔- Book Two of...

By MariamSarhan

🌟🌟🌟COMPLETED🌟🌟🌟 🌟Book Two of the Phoenix Trilogy🌟 ⚠⚠⚠Please read the book one first to avoid confusio... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 1 Angels and Venus
Chapter 3 The Awakening
Chapter 4 The Transformation
Chapter 5 Blood Bound No More?
Chapter 6 Tangled Love Stories
Chapter 7 To Dream or Not to Dream
Chapter 8 The Crystals
Chapter 9 Photographic Memory
Chapter 10 Blood in my Veins
Chapter 11 The Power Within
Chapter 12 Where The Heart Is
Chapter 13 The Task
Chapter 14 The Thorn In My Heart
Pre - Warning
Chapter 15 Punishment of the Heart
Chapter 16 Freedom from Death
Chapter 17 The Dive of Love
Chapter 18 The Mermadian Queen
Chapter 19 Innermost Desires
Chapter 20 The Siren's Sacrifice
Chapter 21 The Void
Chapter 22 The Nightmare Loop
Chapter 23 Twisted History
Chapter 24 Here We Come. . .
Chapter 25 Cave of Silence
Chapter 26 🔥 The Choice
Chapter 27 🔥 Siren's Blood
Chapter 28 🔥 The Cave
Chapter 29 🔥 Forged Bonds
Chapter 30 🔥 The Pearl of Peace
Chapter 31 🔥 The Intruder
Chapter 32 🔥 The Rescue
Chapter 33 🔥 The Balancer
Chapter 34 🔥 The Amulet
Chapter 35 🔥 The Pure One
Chapter 36 🔥 The Siege
Chapter 37 🔥 The Angelicum
Chapter 38 🔥 Crystal Portal
Chapter 39 🔥 For Peace' Sake
🌟🌟🌟Announcements 🌟🌟🌟
Chapter 40🔥 Confrontation & Love
Finale 🔥 Part One
Finale 🔥 Part Two

Chapter 2 Angelic Genes

559 60 7
By MariamSarhan

The defeaning sound of crushed bones was the initial trigger of her hell on heaven. The excruciating pain she felt after was beyond explanation. She was still alive. Although, it was one of the rare moments when Venus wished she died instead, but truth be told; luck was never on her side.

Just imagine an aligator gnashed its teeth on your middle body--mouth locked tightly--your spine and abdomen crushed together, then it made a death roll breaking the rest of your bones. It was the kind of pain that she had to hold her breath in and released air as slowly as she could for the tiniest passage of air to her lungs brought an extreme, tormenting agony a person could ever experience to endure.

One of Venus excellent quality was the strenght of will, she never gave up no matter what the circumstances she may have. However, this time was an exception for the affliction was unfathomable...She felt her life was fading away as her greatest regret flashed back unto her. It was true as they say; your life will flash right into your eyes the moment you were dying.

Venus had only one regret. It was the day when her mom died. She shouldn't had let her went to the grocery or better yet, she should had gone with her. At least that way--kidnapped or in death--they never were separated. Eversince she was younger, both her and her mom were always on the run or so she always knew deep inside, since her mom never told her the truth. She would just simply tell Venus that she was accepted for a better job someplace else. They never stayed in one place longer than a year; the very reason why Venus never had friends. How could anyone be able to when she had different schools annually.

It was only in that place where her mom got an accident that they were able to stay for almost two years. Looking back, Venus knew now that they shouldn't have stayed longer; maybe her mom would still be with her now. She never minded not having peers anyway but not having a mom was something Venus was never prepared of. She was her bestfriend...

Her reminiscing was cut short by a sharp cracking sound of bone! She was in her spirit form but how the hell did she feel every bit of it? Venus was delirium, the pain was unbearable. She was sure that if this was her physical body, she peed her undies already!

Crack! Heck! Forget about pee! Try crap! Oh God please! Make it stop! Venus pleaded for the first time to a God she barely knew but always believed.

Crack! Another bone snapped back into place. It vibrated throughout her body sending stabbing pain that took her breath away. She made a gurgling sound as her scream tried to escape on her lips but was met with blood that was oozing out of her mouth. Her tears and blood were mixed together in a pool of misery beneath her. The protruding crystal rocks on her back curved her body into an awkward angle.

Just hold on a little bit more, child. It is almost over, you're angelic gene is now activated. It is healing your spirit back... Be brave, little one... The melodic voice rang inside her brain.

You freaking son of a cow! Why you made me jump just like that and never warned me about this! I trusted you! You're supposed to be an angel! I'm supposed to be in heaven, not hell! Make it stoooopp!! Venus yelled back in her mind. She never realized the fact that she could move her jaw now as her gritting of teeth made a grinding noise.

If I did warn you... You wouldn't have jumped...

Crack! The last piece of the puzzle sounded as her spine was fixed. Her body jerked upwards then glowed.

"Ahhhhhhhhh!" Her shriek was ear splitting. It was crisp and clear. Just as the light diminished--a brand new Venus was revealed. Her eyes shot open; lavender orbs were sharper than before; white hair turned to golden locks that hung behind her back with no sign of the blood that flooded the crystal rocks earlier. Her gaze landed to the man who made her dive down the cliff. He stood few feet away from her, smiling like he never did her wrong...

Venus--fueled by rage--pushed herself up using her elbows then launched to the clueless angelicum. Her face contorted with anger as she shouted at him, "I will kill you!!!" but before she could reach him someone held her back or rather...something stopped her!

Her eyes widened as she felt her shoulder blades moved together with her upper back bones, all muscles flexed! Something just sprouted out behind her! Something massive based on the shadow that loomed in front of her. It made her feel that she was carrying a backpack with probably 5books inside. It was surprisingly light and empowering. Her breath hitched on her throat then asked in a shaky tone, "Is it... Is it... I--I have wings?"

The man smiled warmly to her, "Yes little one, your spirit form gained its wings, its stone..." Venus looked automatically to her palms when he said this, and saw a marble sized diamond stone embedded on her flesh. "...and you're officially not considered as little one anymore but for me, you are still my little one."

Venus gasped when she realized that she was surrounded by 15feet tall angelicums and she looked at each of them straight in the eye!

"Holy cow of guacamole! Goodness gracious! I'm a giant!" She exclaimed, shaking her head in disbelief.

"You must hurry, child. You are here for almost twelve hours now. It is equivalent to two years on the physical world. You cannot waste longer than that. The fate of all beings lies on your success but heed my warning, you shall experience a greater pain upon waking up..."

"Wait, hold on a minute! Did you just said moorree pain?!" Venus interrupted his speech. Her nose flared from the audacity of her destiny. "You mean that you're not yet satisfied with what I just went through? What could be worse than that?! I don't think so! C'mon hit me with your best shot!" She continued ranting while punching her right fist on the air like a drunk hobo. The suffering she had was too much! Being flatened by a ten wheeler truck was more bearable so just imagine what could be more?!

The man gave her a sympathetic look. He surely didn't want her to go through all this pain but it was the price of being a hybrid. The very reason why they never had one until now. She looked so fragile for him but he knew deep inside that the young woman in front of him was nothing but weak. She radiated raw power and as insane as it could be... Purity!Her spirit was as clear as crystal. An oddity since nobody could be pure amidst the curse that she had.

On the other hand, angelicums gain their wings and stones painlessly but not Venus... "You will grow your wings and stone physically."

"W-what?! Oh no you don't!" She shouted at him then looked around the others to confrim what he said. They all gave her a nod.

Venus face shifted from anger to terror... All colors were flushed away from her frightened face. Gone was the fighting aura as her pleading eyes were focused back to the man who called her little one. Her voice squeaked, "P-please... I'm scared... Do you mean growing literally?"

"I sympathize with you, little one, but this is a task you must face alone... And yes, it will literally grow out from your back and no medicine nor magic could numb its effects."

"I can't plead to God with this?" Most of the angelicums turned away as they saw the hopeful look on her face which was about to be crushed.

He gave her an encouraging smile before he spoke, "the King of kings never wanted any being to suffer--believer or non believer alike--but this is something you have to do if you want to be purified from your curse. He gives you a choice--a freewill. You can choose not to evoke your angelic gene on the physical world. Either way, you will still be accepted here when you chose to die later since you are an angelicum through spirit now but the question still remains... Who else will save the rest of the beings? Only Phoenix can bring back the balance of good and evil now that it was inclined from bad to worse."

Upon hearing all he said, Venus knew that she would do whatever she had to do no matter what were at stake. Her lips was pursed, tears were falling like waterfalls.

They let her cry her heart out. Her slender figure was hunched down; shoulders were shaking; muffled sobs were barely heard as she suppressed herself. Aftet ten minutes of mourning, she closed her lids tighly then wiped her wet face with the back of her hand. She took a deep breath; stood up then opened her eyes once again as she locked her gaze with him, "then please tell me how to go back now."

"Very well then little one. All you have to do is drink the water of life from the river," he answered her calmly, admiration for her courage, strong will and good heart was visible on his lavender eyes.

"Thank you. I better get going now. Goodbye," she said to him in a tight voice then walked towards the river. The angelicums were all quiet as they watched her scooped some creamy liquid on her palm and drank.

"Goodbye for now, little one. In case you wonder later on... My name is Hadraniel. I am your mother's brother!" His words shocked her. She turned to face him on an instant. She was fading fast! She wanted to hug him but she cannot anymore. Her tears flooded again knowing that she had a family waiting for her.

"Yes, goodbye for now... Uncle," was all she managed to say before totally dissolving into thin air...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 87 4
Leighton Simmons has a broken heart and a bruised ego. The man she'd admired and adored for as long as she could remember, her brother's best friend...
23K 886 23
This story is about friends, finding out who you really are, and love... Or I could just tell you the truth, it's about a bunch of hot guys, one girl...
22.2K 1K 10
Everyday he leaves a single violet rose in her locker. Everyday he leaves a poem in her locker. Everyday he hopes she'll notice him. Everyday he love...
1.9M 97.2K 38
Presenting the story of ISHIKA MEHRA Whose innocence made the king bow down to her AND ABHIRAJ SINGH RATHORE Whose presence is enough to make the per...