Life After Pain

By diggys__bae_

Sequel To 'Trying To Love Again (A Diggy Simmons And Yn FanFic)'. More

Life After Pain
Surprise!
So, We Meet Again
Meeting Up
So What Happens Next?
The Couples (Short Chapter)
Not What I Expected: Part 1
Not What I Expected: Part 2
Moving Day
Chicago Tribune
Recruit #2
You Did What?!
Short Chapter
Taken
The Return
"Like You're Saying Goodbye"
Saving Daniel
Trilogy

Recruit #1

4.1K 153 41
By diggys__bae_

Corahn's POV

*The Next Day*

I put Minnie straight to sleep last night. When she woke up, she immediately started cleaning, cooking, giving me massages, etc. I guess all I had to do was give her my... friend.

She came in with breakfast in bed. "Good morning baby" she greeted me pecking me on the lips.

She made all my favorites. "Thanks bae" I said with a smile. She nodded and walked out of the room. I swear I love this girl.

Taylor's POV

I woke up to Nate's phone vibrating. The call was from an unknown number. He wasn't in the room so I decided to answer. "Hello?"

They didn't say anything. "Hello?" I asked again. I could hear the person breathing. Feeling myself getting irritated, I hung up.

Nate walked back in the room. "Good morning bae" he said.

"Good morning babe" I replied back. "You just got a really strange call from an unknown number. I answered and I heard breathing but no one was speaking."

He gave a strange look. "Wow, that is weird." He shrugged it off. "Just forget about it."

I nodded my head. I guess that's best.
I got out of bed and started getting ready for the day.

Yn's POV

I woke up expecting Dig's arms around me until I remembered what happened last night. I sighed and got out of the bed. I made it up and checked on DJ, who was still sleeping.

Then I went downstairs and saw Daniel sleeping on the couch. I sighed and yanked the covers off of him, making him fall off the couch, and crossed my arms.

"What the hell was that for?" he asked glaring up at me.

I rolled my eyes. "We need to talk."

He sighed. "I'm listening."

"We've only been here for a few days and there are already too many problems. If that's the case we can just leave. I came here to get away from the drama, not to add on to it."

He shook his head and looked up at me again. "So what you're saying is you wanna leave?"

I shrugged. "If that's what you want us to do."

"Yn, get outta my face."

"What the hell is your problem?" I asked, slightly raising my voice.

"You already know I don't want you guys to leave so why are we even having this conversation?"

I sighed. "Look, Dig, I'm sorry. I'm just being really bitchy right now."

"It's okay, Yn. I'm here for you, you just have to stop pushing me away."

I nodded and helped him off the floor. I thought about it for a second. "Dig, I wanna go to the movies."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I want us to do something fun with DJ. Plus, it's going to be dark so no one should be able to see me that much."

He shrugged. "If that's what you want."

I walked upstairs and woke DJ so he could get ready. He got in the shower and did everything else he needed to do. He put on a blue and green plaid shirt, black True Religion jeans, and his blue & green Jordan's. Diggy decided to wear the same thing and they looked so adorable.

I showered and did everything I needed to do as well. I put on a blue and green crop top, black fitted jeans, and my blue and green Jordan's. I grabbed my blue and green sunglasses to hide my black eyes.

"Are you sure about this?" Dig asked.

I nodded. "Yeah. Of course I feel self conscience, but I can't keep you guys from having fun too."

I turned to DJ. "DJ, if people start asking you questions, ignore them. Or say 'no comment', but it's best to just ignore anything they ask. Okay?" I asked. He nodded.

We all walked out hand and hand. We were immediately ambushed by paparazzi and I held my head down as we walked, as well as Dig & DJ. "Diggy, do you have any words about the Justin situation?" "Yn, can you enlighten everyone on what happened?" "Where's Desiree, Diggy?" "Can you at least tell us how you met Justin, Yn?" "Is this your son with Yn, Diggy? What's his name? How old is he?"

We kept walking and they even followed us when we drove off. I adjusted my sunglasses again and looked down at my bruised wrists from when Justin had attacked me. I rubbed them and laid my head back on the headrest.

"You okay?"

I turned to Diggy. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just thinking."

He sighed. "I know that was probably hard to handle. Especially with everything that's been happening lately."

I sighed. "Now's not the time or the place, Dig. We'll talk about this in private" I said, looking back at DJ.

He shook his head and sighed heavily. I ignored him & took out my phone and was on Instagram the whole ride. Once we got to the movie theatre we were ambushed by the paparazzi once again.

"Yn, Yn any words about your attack?" I shook my head. "Are you in a lot of pain?"

"No comment" I said after every question asked. I pulled DJ closer to me and held his hand a little bit tighter.

"DJ, how old are you? Did you see anything that happened that night?" Are they fucking serious?! Their interrogating a four year old!

"No comment" he kept saying.

"Can you give us any insight?" they asked him.

I felt my blood boil. "What happened to me doesn't concern any of you" I said as calmly as possible.

Diggy put DJ on his back and grabbed my hand. I'm guessing it was so we could walk faster to get away from paparazzi. If that's the case, that plan worked perfectly.

"Diggy, what happened to Desiree?"

He stopped in his tracks. "No comment." He started walking again after a few seconds.

"She is pregnant with your child, isn't she?"

"Is it true that the baby may not be yours?"

I could see Dig's jaw clench. Uh-oh. He stepped into the paparazzi's face. "That doesn't have a damn thing to do with you. Go away."

"Do you still love her, despite Yn being here?" a reporter asked.

I waited for him to reply. He stopped in his tracks and remained silent. I shook my head and let go of his grasp. I turned around to walk back to the car and increased my pace.

I heard Diggy's footsteps behind me with DJ still on his back. "What's wrong? What did I do?"

I tried to open the door and saw that it was locked. I rolled my eyes and looked into his direction. "Open the door, Dig."

He unlocked it and let everyone get in. We drove home in silence. Once we got to the house, I opened the door and walked straight to the couch.

I heard DJ's TV come on, which told me he was in his room. Diggy came I over to me with an upset look on his face.

"What's the problem?" he asked.

"You're the problem."

"What the fuck did I do this time?!"

I rolled my eyes. "It's obvious that you still love Desiree! And don't try to deny it because you and I both know that'd be a lie."

He sighed in frustration. "I don't still love Desiree! And if I do, why does it matter to you? You make it clear all the time that you don't give a fuck about me!"

I sighed. "If I didn't give a fuck about you, I wouldn't be here."

He hesitated before looking me straight in the eye. "Do you still love me, Yn?"

I paused for a second. I didn't know about all that. "I'm not sure."

His face got angrier. "What do you mean 'I'm not sure'?! It's either you love me or you don't."

"I said I'm not sure" I said through gritted teeth.

He shook his head. "You're ridiculous, you know that? I pour my heart to you all the time. And what do I get? The total opposite of everything I give you."

I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall. "Dig-"

Just as I was about to talk, Diggy called DJ down to go somewhere and DJ ran downstairs with his shoes and favorite SpiderMan toy in his hand. I smiled. Diggy turned to me. "I have things I need to do. We'll talk about this later" he said, grabbing DJ's hand and walking out of the door.

Minnie's POV

I was watching TV when I got a call from Yn. She was crying her eyes out and I could barely understand a word she was saying. "Woah, woah. Yn, slow down and use your words."

She sniffled from the other side of the phone. "It's Diggy. He still has feelings for Desiree. I'm packing my shit and then DJ's and we're fucking leaving!"

I took in all the words. "What happened?"

"Today. The paparazzi asked if he still loved her and he stopped and didn't even reply. He always does that when he doesn't want to tell the truth or admit something, Minnie!"

I nodded as if she could see me. "Well, you guys just need to sit down and talk."

"No. Not this time."

I sighed. "Yn, you're always jumping to conclusions about something when it comes to you and Diggy. Instead of jumping down his throat, try to talk to him. Get an understanding of everything."

The line was silent until she replied. "I hate when you're right."

I giggled. "But you love me though!"

She laughed. "Yeah, I do. Thanks, Min."

"No problem, Yn. Talk to you later. Bye."

"Bye."

I hung up the phone.

Corahn came down. "Is Yn okay?"

I nodded. "She's just going through a few things. Like always. I just wish she could have a break and actually get a chance to enjoy life, instead of stressing over it."

He nodded. "Everything's gonna be okay. Things will get better for her, I know it."

I sighed. "I hope you're right."

Desiree's POV

Janay was at home with my mom. I was out having a few drinks with my friend, Lacey.

"Girl, have you heard about that Yn girl?"she asked.

I rolled my eyes at the sound of her name. "Yeah, she's all over the place. Magazines, news papers..." I said as my voice trailed off.

"She looks horrible. I mean, you can tell that she was drop dead gorgeous before the incident, but still. She's real messed up."

I nodded. I looked at the time and saw that it was almost 12. "Girl, I gotta go. I need to make sure Janay's okay. Talk to you later" I said as I gathered ally things.

"Bye Des" she said.

I turned towards her and chucked up the deuces and smiled before walking out of the club. I was on my way to my car when I felt hands grab me. Before I could scream, my mouth was covered by a hand and I was dragged into an alley. I kicked as hard as I could to get away but there was no use. I was thrown onto the ground with a hard thud.

"What the hell?!" I asked.

The person looked at me. I could tell he was a boy, but I didn't know who he was because his face was covered with a mask. He continued to stare at me.

I looked around. "Why the hell am I in this alley?"

I grew irritated after he didn't reply and just stared blankly at me. I tried to get up and leave. "Sit your ass back down!" he yelled.

I quickly did as I was told, scared shitless. "Can you at least tell me why I'm here?"

"You're here for a proposal" the unfamiliar voice said.

I furrowed my eyebrows and hesitated a little bit. "I'm listening" I said folding my arms.

"I've been watching and paying attention to everything. I know you want to be with Diggy. Not for him, though. For his money."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, so?"

"So, you can have Diggy and all his money. Yn is the one I'm looking for."

I hesitated again. "What do you want with Yn?" I asked. It's not like I really cared, though. It was a question out of curiosity.

"We have unfinished business."

"So, what you're saying is Yn will be out of the picture and I will be able to be with Diggy and live the life of luxury?"

The random person nodded. "His single just dropped not too long ago and it's already at the top of the charts. He's going to be making millions and all you'll have to do is sit there and look pretty."

I thought for a second and realized I was still on the ground, ruining my new dress. "Can I get up now?" I said with attitude.

He nodded. He outstretched his hand and helped me up. "What do you say?"

I nodded my head. "I'm in. Just one question."

He shrugged his shoulders. "What now?"

I knocked the dirt off of my dress and straightened it out. I turned my attention back to him with a look of curiosity. "Who are you?"

I heard him chuckle, but I couldn't see his face through the mask. "I have my ways of staying in contact with you. I'll keep in touch." he said before walking away.

I fixed my hair and reevaluated everything that just happened. It brought a smile to my face. I'm going to be sitting on top of millions of dollars without even doing anything. It brung a huge smile to my face.

However, something stuck out to me. The person said he and Yn had ''unfinished business.'' What's that supposed to mean? I shrugged it off as I walked over to my car and drove home. I tried to forget about the whole situation when I walked through the door.

"Desi, it's almost 12:45. You said you'd be home by 12 to take care of Janay."

I rolled my eyes. "Mom, I'm not a little kid anymore. I don't have to come home on a curfew."

She shook her head. "You are something else. I never in all my life would've thought I would have such a disrespectful, stubborn child before in my life."

I picked up one of Janay's toys off the ground and groaned. "Mom please don't start this."

She shook her head. "You're going to wish you had listened to me one day."

"Yepp, I'm sure I will" I said in a sarcastic tone before going upstairs.I went and checked on Janay. She in our room, asleep in her crib. I sighed at the fact that I don't know who her dad is. It actually breaks my heart. I showered, changed, and laid down.

????? POV

Well, now Desiree's on my side. Yn is in for a ride she'll never forget. But for now, I'm going to just have to stay low. Besides, the plan can't be put into action until all of the recruits are together, anyways.

*Desiree's POV*

*The Next Day*

I woke up and showered. After I put my clothes on, I went outside to check the mail. I got the fraternity test results. I quickly went back inside, closed and locked the door, and sat at the table to read the results. I shook my head in disappointment as I read the name of who Janay's father was.

Hassan.

"Dammit!" I yelled as I threw the results on the table.

My mom came downstairs. "Girl, I know you better watch your mouth while you're in my house!"

I rolled my eyes and put my face in my hands. If Diggy isn't the father, that means we can't get extra money from him. He gets millions of dollars and not one penny will be going toward us.

My mom walked over to the table. "What's this Desiree?" she asked as she picked up the fraternity test results. Before I could answer, she read the results. "Well, isn't that nice? Hassan's her father."

"There's nothing 'nice' about that, mom" I said with irritation in my voice.

She put her hands on her hips. "And why not? You should be happy."

"Well, I'm not. How are we supposed get more of Diggy's money if he's not her father?"

She shook her head. "There's more to life than just money, Desiree."

"Yeah, that's what you think."

She threw her hands up. "That's it, Desiree! Either you fix your little attitude or you can find a new place to stay. That's it, that's all. It's your choice."

I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs. Once I got to my room, I saw Janay was up looking around.

"Hey mommy's baby" I said in my baby voice as I picked her up out of her crib. She stared at me and smiled, which brung a huge smile on my face. I love my baby to death.
___________________________
Vote 👍, Comment 💬, & Share 📱📲

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
1M 63.4K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...