The Lone Princess (A Naruto F...

By lyradavi11

***COMPLETED*** (Read at your own risk--I started writing this when I was 13) The life of a princess is stere... More

Character Profile
Chapter 1: Escape
Chapter 2: Good Ol' Days
Chapter 3: The Nine Tailed Fox!
Chapter 4: Aspiring
Chapter 5: Working As A Team
Chapter 6: A Dangerous Mission
Chapter 7: Dead or Alive?
Chapter 8: Training
Chapter 9: Zabuza and Haku
Chapter 10: Losing Control
Chapter 12: The Chunin Exams
Chapter 13: The Written Exam
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Preliminary Rounds
Chapter 16: The Preliminary Rounds - Part II
Chapter 17: Danger In The Mountains
Chapter 18: The Celestial Beasts
Chapter 19: The Final Rounds
Chapter 20: Akira vs Daiki
Chapter 21: Trouble
Chapter 22: Fighting Alongside the Third Hokage
Chapter 23: Tiger
Chapter 24: The Fallen Shinobi
Chapter 25: Kotoba the Celestial Thunderbolt Tiger
Chapter 26: Feelings of Betrayal
Chapter 27: Memories of Old
Chapter 28: Uchihas.. Such High Maintenance
Christmas Special - Kiss Me Under the Mistletoe
Chapter 29: Missing Memories
Chapter 30: There's More To Life Than Revenge
Chapter 31: The Battle of Disappointment
Chapter 32: A Surprise Guest!
Chapter 33: The Attack
Chapter 34: The Struggle
Chapter 35: The New Beginning
Chapter 36: The State
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: Welcome Party
Chapter 39: Truth is Out
Psst!
Chapter 40: Final Battle
TIMELINE

Chapter 11: Is This It? Naw, Maybe Not Now

899 28 8
By lyradavi11

>>Vid: Naruto Shippuden op 16<<

Sukai: Italic  and bold

Akira's thoughts: Italic

My thoughts: Bold with brackets

Akira's POV

     "Go on. Finish it, kill me," Haku insisted when we stopped. "Why do you hesitate?" he asked. I couldn't take it anymore. My body could only move like that because of Sukai, but now that I'm in control again, I don't think my body can last much longer. I didn't hear what Haku was saying because I was concentrating on healing my wounds, and keeping myself awake.

     I realized Naruto was charging at Haku now with a kunai in hand. "Naruto..?" I asked with my eyes wide. Is Naruto really going to kill him? Maybe I should have listened 'cause I have no idea what's going on. Haku's smiling so it seems like he wants to die...

     Suddenly, he realized something, as did I. He caught Naruto's wrist, and moved it away. "Huh?" Naruto asked confused as he struggled for dominance over his right hand. "Sorry, Naruto. Change of plans," he said as he made a series of one-handed signs. I realized what he was doing as I looked around, and immediately made my move. I ran as fast as possible to Kakashi, and arrived just as Kakashi plunged his chidori-fused hand through Haku's chest.

     Blood splattered everywhere. Everyone utterly confused and shocked, as I stood right beside Kakashi. I was too late. I couldn't protect Haku...I couldn't save someone again. Haku coughed up a huge amount of blood, as he held Kakashi's hand firmly. "So, my future is all used up, huh?" Zabuza chuckled, "Wrong again, Kakashi."

     I wanted to slap him so bad. Does he not care that Haku just saved his life?! My body wouldn't respond though. I've used up all my strength. "Wha-? I don't get it. What the heck's going on here?" Naruto asked as soon as the fog lifted, realizing where Haku and I went.

     "The boy threw himself in front of my attack. He saved your worthless life at the cost of his own," Kakashi stated, directing his comment to Zabuza. But he just chuckled. Heartless much?! "Well done, Haku. I knew I found a treasure when I found you, boy. You've not only given my life, but Kakashi's as well!" he said as he made his move to cut right through Haku along with Kakashi. This is bad, I can't move because of my wounds!

     "Kakashi-sensei! Akira! Watch out!" Sakura called out as I started collapsing. Kakashi quickly took Haku and I somehow, and ninja jumped away. "Hehehe. Not bad for having a corpse in your arms. And that girl," Zabuza chuckled. This guy!

     Kakashi lent me against the fence along with Haku. "You'll pay for that!" Naruto shouted. "No. Stay out of this, Naruto," Kakashi said with a firm voice, leaving Naruto no place to make excuses.  Kakashi then closed Haku's eyes.

     "This is my battle. Zabuza's mine," Kakashi said with venom in his voice. I closed my eyes at the frustration I was feeling. I had barely any chakra left. In fact, just enough to keep me awake. I can't do anything right now. Even in a situation like this, I can't help. I'm so useless...

     "Naruto?" Sakura asked from somewhere far. When Naruto didn't respond, she called out louder. "Naruto! Over here! Naruto!" Sakura shouted. Naruto sighed with droopy eyes. "So you and Sasuke are alright?" she asked, her eyes filled with hope.

     At that, I snapped my eyes open. I was able to slightly move now with the rest I took, so I stood up slowly, and walked over to where I thought Sasuke was. "Akira, are you sure you want to move in that condition?" Kakashi asked. "I..I need to get to Sasuke," I said in a quite voice. Tears threatening to spill out.

      "Uh..um..." Naruto struggled for what to say. "What's wrong? Where is Sasuke anyway?" she asked. "It's simple, Sakura," I said in a quivering voice after a while. "He's dead," I said as I wiped the tears in my eyes before they spilled. "No..." Sakura muttered in unbelief. "Yes, Sakura. Yes," I said with my voice shaky.

     I was frustrated. Angry. Weak. Helpless. Sad.. the list goes on. "Sakura..." Kakashi mumbled sympathetically when Sakura stayed frozen with her eyes wide, and her mouth open. He sighed but then quickly regained focus when Zabuza charged at him. Kakashi blocked sword and kicked Zabuza hard on his jaw.

     I walked towards where Sasuke was, and soon realized Sakura and Tazuna following. I stopped when I passed Naruto. "It's not your fault, Naruto. Trust me, it's not," I said, noticing the guilty look Naruto had on his face. If It's anyone's fault, it's mine. I gritted my teeth. Why can't I save anyone? Why? Why? WHY?! Why am I so weak?! "Sasuke..." Naru muttered guiltily. I can barely control myself from breaking down, how can I help Naruto?

     I continued to go to Sasuke, and found Sakura crying over him, with Tazuna looking down at her in sympathy. I pursed my lips. The 25th rule of a shinobi: A shinobi must never show their tears. "Even so, I can't..I can't...I can't stop my tears from coming out," I muttered in a shaky voice as tears poured down my face. I slowly walked closer to Sasuke and fell on my knees. Listening to Sakura's sob. "Idiot...idiot...idiot..!" I muttered as my breath became shaky.

     I would be dead too if it weren't for Sukai. But I'm alive...I'd rather be dead. My family's dead. And now another person I love is dead...  I just want to die.

     Hey, kid. You're not dying today, came Sukai's voice.

     Sure I want to be freed, but that doesn't mean I'll kill a kid for that, she admitted.

     Please stop healing me, I told her, knowing that it isn't normal for a ninja to heal this quickly. Everything made sense, if she thought about it. All the different abilities like sensing chakra over long distances and healing quicker - it was because of Sukai.

     If I stop healing you now, you'll be dead. It isn't so easy to heal you just like that after that fight. You took on quite a beating. 

     Please...I want to give up...

     ....Why do you give up, child?  she asked, but nevertheless stopped healing me.

     I felt my body go weak. I fell on my back next to Sasuke, holding his hand, with my head turned sideways to look at him. Sasuke...

     I really admire Naruto. No matter what. He never gives up. It's his ninja way. But I can't do that anymore. I've been holding up for way too long. I can't keep this up anymore...Thank you, Sukai. You may seem like you hate humans. But I know it's you that's always healed me whenever I got hurt. I realized that when you showed yourself to me.

     It makes sense now. How I always healed fast, back then...and even now. You were always looking after me. Made sure I didn't die. You can finally be free after I die. I'm glad. Just don't be too harsh on the humans. And don't you dare hurt my friends. You may be sealed again, but I know. They'll be lucky to have you protecting them from death. Good bye, Sukai.

     I...No..thank you. Till now, whoever found out that I was sealed inside of them, always condemned me. But you were different. You asked for my name. And even tried to be friendly. Thank you, kid. I will always remember you as the brave child that went through many hardships, yet was so kind, and didn't hate me. I'm sorry that it had to be like this. I hope you can be with him in the afterlife. I wish you wouldn't give up like this. I'll respect your wish, but...perhaps you can remake your decision?

     I felt my heartbeat slow down as I smiled. "Akira...?" Sakura asked when she finally noticed I was slowly becoming pale. "No..No No No. Akira you can't go too!" Sakura cried loudly enough for Naru and Kakashi to hear. "Sorry..." I muttered before I closed my eyes with a smile on my face.

     Then suddenly I remembered something.

Flashback:

     I was training with Kuro and Midori. The only two people I trusted after I ran away from Kurisutaru. "Akira, there's one thing you definitely have to remember." Kuro started. "What is it?" I tilted my head. He smiled and said, "The moment you feel like giving up, remember the reason why you held on so long," I looked up at him admiration. "Hai!" I said with a huge grin.

     The reason I held on so long...? Because I had to live. Mother and Father, Eric, Kyle. They gave up their lives for me. They died to save my worthless life. They told me to live on. So that the name of Chevelzo will always stay alive. And also because they loved me. They told me to not come running after them so fast.

     They told me to live on. To find something to live for. And I have found people I want to live for. Naruto, Sakura, Kakashi, Gramps...and Sasuke. So I can't just give up! I failed in protecting Sasuke. But I won't fail in protecting the others. I won't let them die. That's why I must live. I have to wake up. Sukai...

     That's damn right, kid. You can't just die. Now wake up!

     I felt a surge of energy wash over me. Sukai had given me her chakra, Thank you, Sukai.

     I snapped my eyes open, and the first thing I see when I sit up, is this little man kick Haku. It must be Gato. He's the reason this is all happening. Damn him. "Akira...?" Sakura asked unbelievably. "Sorry for scaring you, Sakura. I realized I can't die now. I have a whole lot of things to do before my life comes to an end," I smiled at her and I disappeared before she could hug me. Sorry, Sakura, but I gotta go.

     I then ran full speed to Gato when he hit Haku's face with his stick. I noticed Naruto doing the same as me and decided to stop him first. "Naru, use your head," I said holding him back, as he froze. "Akira?" he asked with wide eyes.

     I heard Kakashi sigh of relief. "You scared me, Akira. I'm glad your back," he smiled. "Akira you're alive!" Naruto grinned. I smiled at him but then looked towards Zabuza. If someone's gonna kill Gato, It'd better be Zabuza. He has every right to.

     "Zabuza," I said, expecting him to do something. "Well, what about you, Zabuza. You gonna let him do that?" Naruto asked angrily. "Be quiet, you fool," Zabuza started. 'Don't call Naru a fool!' I was about to say, but I guess this isn't really the right time, is it? "Haku's dead, what does it matter?" Zabuza said coldly.

     I gritted my teeth and stepped forward. "Your pride is getting in the way, you idiot. You're gonna just stand there and let that little man treat Haku like a dog? You and Haku were together for years! Doesn't that mean anything to you?!" I asked frustrated why he wouldn't do anything.

     "You don't understand the way of shinobi. I was just using Haku. Just as Gato was using me. Now it's over his usefulness is at an end. The loss of his strength and skill. Yes, that means something to me. But the boy, nothing," Zabuza said emotionless. I was about to say something, but Naruto stood in front of me and said, "If you mean that, you're an even bigger rat than I thought."

     "Okay, that's enough. Calm down, Naruto, Akira. He's not the enemy. Right now-" Kakashi started, but Naruto interrupted him saying, "Aaaargh! Shut up! As far as I'm concerned he's enemy number 1!" Naruto shouted pointing at Zabuza. I suppressed the urge to punch him for telling Kakashi to shut up, but again, this is not the right time. (But seriously though...that's not how you talk to your sensei, Naru!!!)

     "Why you- you ungrateful...After everything he did for you. Haku lived for you! You were the most important thing in the world to him. And he meant nothing to you?! Nothing at all?! While he was sacrificing everything for you, you never felt anything for him?! And if I become stronger, does that mean that I'll become as cold-hearted as you are? He threw his life away... And for what? For you and your dream! You never let him have a dream of his own, but he didn't care. And you just toss him aside like he was nothing. A broken tool. Man that's so wrong. So wrong!" Naruto was at the point of tears now.

     Zabuza's back was facing us, so we couldn't see his expression. But I knew. "Zabuza, you may say you didn't care about Haku. But is that really true? Did you really not care about that boy? Because you were Haku's only reason to live. He didn't think about anything else other than to make you happy, and for your dream to come true. He gave his life for you. His life was merely a tool?! Haku doesn't deserved to be called that. But I know that if he was here, and heard you call him a tool...you know what? He wouldn't mind. He wouldn't mind at all. Because if being a tool is what was helpful to you. He'd be more than happy to be one. He truly cared about you. Enough to save your life with his," I commented.

     "You kids talk too much," he said looking up, tears dripping from his eyes. "Your words cut deep. Deeper than any blade. While he fought you kids. His heart was breaking in two. You see, Haku was always too soft and too kind. He felt pain, and sorrow. And now, I feel them too. I feel content that this is the way it ends," Zabuza said.

     He removed the bandages that were covering his mouth. When neither Naruto nor I responded, he said, "Well, cat got your tongue. Are you too surprised to find that even I am human. Even shinobi are human. No matter how hard we try to escape that single fact, we always fail," he smiled, "Well at least, I have failed."

     "Boy. Give me your kunai," he asked Naruto and so he threw him his kunai, "Here." Zabuza caught it in his mouth, like an epic ninja -actually, he is an epic ninja- and charged at Gato. Gato got scared and commanded his pups to finish Zabuza, and he went past through them. Some leader he is. Scaredy cat.

     Zabuza began to cut through them, but then a spear got plunged into him from his back. He kept getting cut, but then finally made it to another side. Gato let out a terrified cry, when he saw Zabuza charging at him.

     Zabuza then stabbed the kunai that he had in his mouth, at Gato. Gato coughed out blood, but his men were about to plunge their spears into Zabuza's back. But before they could, I appeared, and threw them all back. I started fighting them.

     "You stupid fool. If you're so eager to join your friend, go ahead. But you're not taking me. Not this time!" Gato said in a raspy voice due to the wound on his chest. Zabuza lacerated Gato, and caused him to fall off the bridge, and drown.

     Zabuza turned around and gave a sharp look at all the remaining people who I didn't take care off. They got scared and backed away to make room for him to go. The kunai dropped out of his mouth as he made his way to Haku. I fell on one knee, exhausted. Sure I got chakra from Sukai, but I can't afford to use up all of it like that. I have other plans. "Thanks, kid," Zabuza said when he passed me. I grinned, "No problem." But then he fell face down, after apologizing to Haku for not thanking him for everything.

     "Naruto! Akira! Over here!" Sakura shouted chirpily. "This isn't the time, Sakura," I grunted before I laid my eyes on the now standing Sasuke. I froze. "Sasuke...?" I muttered. I ran over to him, but stayed a little away. I smiled. He's.. alive. He's alive! Sukai, he's alive!

     I'm glad, kid. You see what you get for not giving up?

     I sure do! Definitely didn't want this to turn into a remake of Romeo and Juliet.

     Oh, kid, you're too much.

     Thank you, Sukai. I know you're the one who gave me that memory. Thank you. I'm in debt.

     I don't know what you're talking about. I did nothing.

     Ha. Sure, sure.

     I suddenly hugged Sasuke. "Sasuke, you're alive," I hugged him tight. "Akira.. sorry," he said, "but you're hugging me too tight."

     I giggled, "I ain't lettin' you go, Uchiha!" "Surprises never cease, do they?" I barely heard Kakashi say. Naruto was crying out of happiness. "Party's not over. Don't forget about us. Now that Gato's gone, who's gonna pay us? We're gonna have to get everything from this village. Get 'em," a guy from Gato's henchmen said as they charged at us, but before they could get close to us, an arrow hit the ground in front of them.

     We all looked back to see the whole population of the village with spears, digging materials that had sharp ends. What made me proud was that Inari was leading them. Of course, with his mom right behind him.

     "Inari!" Naruto shouted happily. "Hehe. Heroes always appear last, right?" Inari commented sheepishly. Naru than did the shadow clone jutsu to help him out. "I might have just enough chakra to help you out. Shadow clone jutsu," Kakashi said as 50 of him appeared. "Still want to fight?" all his clones asked. "No thanks!" they said, scared, as they rushed to get on a boat, some of the falling into the water. "Victory!" the villagers cheered as Tazuna started crying.

     "Sounds like it's over," Zabuza said, still in the same position. "Yeah," Kakashi answered. "Kakashi. I have a favor to ask," Zabuza managed to say as he was struggling to stay alive. "Take me to him. Before I go I need to see him one last time," Kakashi pulled down his headband so that it covered his left eye. "Sure," Kakashi said. He carried Zabuza to Haku. That's when it started snowing. At least it's not raining this time.

     Kakashi laid Zabuza down, next to Haku. Then backed away. "Thank you, Kakashi," Zabuza struggled to say. "You were always by my side. The least I can do is be at your side at the last moment. I know it can not be, but I wish I could go to where you have gone. How I wish I could join you there. Haku," A tear escaped Haku's eyes.

     "He told me the place he came from, it was always snowing," Naruto sniffled. "Of course. His spirit was as pure as the snow. You never know Zabuza. Maybe you will join him there. Who's to say?" Kakashi commented. I smiled and said, "Nope." Everyone looked at me with a 'What the fudge?' face.

     "They're not dying yet. Not on my account at least," I said as I walked over to them. I touched both of their hands and transferred my chakra to them. Now I know what your thinking. 'They're already dead!' But you're wrong. They're just a bit alive. If I give them Sukai's chakra, they'll surely live. Now that I have this power, what good is it if I don't use it to help others?

     Their bodies got surrounded with white chakra. So did mine of course. "Akira, what are you doing? What is that white..chakra?" Kakashi asked. "Nothing you need to worry about," I started having ragged breathing. "Ugh.." Haku opened his eyes. "What...?" Zabuza asked slowly. "Yes, you guys are awake. Just a ...little more, and you'll 100%...live," I said tiredly. "Akira.." Sasuke muttered with worry lacing his voice.

     Don't push it, kid. Even though you're using 90% my chakra, there's still that 10% of your chakra.

     It's okay, I'm mainly using yours. Sorry..

     "It's...done," I finally said as the white chakra disappeared from around our bodies. I stood up and moved away, tripping, but being caught by Sasuke. "Sasuke.." I muttered tiredly.

     "Akira, are you going to be okay?" he asked worriedly, going out of character. Aww, he cares. "I'll be fine...just a bit out of chakra," I answered. "Is there anyway I can give you my chakra?" he asked. I chuckled. "There's no need for that. I'm just...gonna sleep for awhile...kay?" I softly said before I passed out.

     Hmph. Using my chakra carelessly like that. How irresponsible.

     Hehe. Thanks, Sukai. Good night.

     Get good rest.

     Yeah, you should too. I used quite a lot of your chakra.

     Yes, you did. I'm not very pleased with that.

     Yeah, sorry...

     Rest for now, kid

     Thanks, good night.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.  

Good night people! 12 am! Gotta sleep! Thanks for reading!

Vote! Comment! Follow!

3590 words

~Lyragirl11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

256K 9.7K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
113K 3.6K 17
Sakura was on the very same bench Sasuke has left her. Crying with such sorrowful tears that it quickly saddened her surroundings. She was crying for...
32.7K 1.3K 28
[Regular weekly update] (Friday-Sunday) We used to be close but people can go from people you know to people to don't~ ...
29.2K 804 15
The story unfolds seven months after the Fourth Shinobi War, and it's Temari's first time coming to Konoha during the start of peacetime. Shikamaru i...