Tethered

By AceOfCups

When Ruby March steps foot back in Laurel Valley to live with her Uncle on his ranch, she is one mistake away... More

One || Dirt Roads
Two || Haunted
Three || Frontier
Four || Unsaid
Five || Jolt
Six || Early Bird
Seven || Hidden
Eight || Trouble
Nine || Midnight
Ten || Lemonade
Eleven || Seek
Twelve || Knot
Thirteen || Ripple
Fourteen || Fireflies
Fifteen || Reigns
Sixteen || Mirror
Seventeen || Cradle
Eighteen || Falter
Nineteen || Booth
Twenty || Sweet Spot
Twenty One || Frills
Twenty Two || Disappearing

|| Prologue ||

1.8K 34 7
By AceOfCups

Like fingerprints touching a shattered mirror, I felt hollowed out and empty, slicing myself open with every harsh and broken edge, unable to heal. I had been a simple girl with a head full of shattered illusions and a mouth full of everything I'd ever been too afraid to say. 

To the dirt roads, I returned, back to the fields of nostalgia that blew in the rare, humid breeze. Like picture framed memories, I re-entered each scene that had once been only childhood images to find it altered, mechanical, the sepia tint that it always had been stained with turned steely grey.

My hands were empty, my bags were full of only the temporary, and my eyes held a thousand stories as to why my boots kicked up the dust with such recklessness, for my boots had walked down murkier roads than this one. 

I had one more road to walk down, one more chance to find a less rocky path, a brighter sky, a moment where I would no longer feel empty, my body no longer echoing out tales from my past. 

This is a story of my heart and its tether. 

----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.9K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
87.1K 2.2K 39
"I found you once, if the universe allows it I'll find you again." ------------ Melany Marshall, if people had to describe her they would all use the...
Lost In You By Kat

Teen Fiction

1.4K 94 31
✗ "I'm sorry," I choked, the tears spilling down my cheeks. He shook his head and pulled me closer again. "Don't be sorry, just work on getting bette...
3.9K 153 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...