Intersect. (Arranged Marriage)

By cyypriscilla

Two paths moving on their own, travelling to their own predesignated destinations. One day, they intersect, m... More

Intersect
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Bonus Chapter 0.1
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16

Chapter 2

2.1K 81 8
By cyypriscilla

I cried for the longest time ever, releasing all the suppressed stress I had been keeping in. It was really frighting being alone at such an abandoned place with terrible to minimal lighting. The lights were yellow, making it look more dark. Thoughts of being raped and kidnapped ran through my mind as I waited for him.

When I finally stopped the tears, I looked up and glared at him with my puffy eyes.

"Yah! Why were you so late?" I yelled at Yi Eun.

"You didn't reply me." He gave me a deadpanned look. I glared at him," Then you couldn't have come earlier?"

"I was busy doing my research." He said and I growled," Doesn't give you the reason to leave me here so late."

"Who knows if you will arrive at 1am or 2am?" He reasoned and I gave him a deadpanned look. Was he even serious?

I shook my head and grabbed my luggage, making my way away from him.

"Where are you going?" Yi Eun said and grabbed my luggage and took it from me.

"I don't know. You guide me then." I grumbled slowly under my breath as I walked behind him. I suddenly felt awkward. It was pretty impolite of me to yell at him at our second meeting. It wasn't like he was obliged to come fetch me. I mean, we were just acquainted with each other for 3 weeks.

We walked over to his car and he opened the trunk and put all of my luggages in. I passed him the ones I have on my hands to him  as well. After he closed the trunk, he walked over to the driver seat while I hesitantly got into the passenger's. I preferred sitting there as compared to the back.

He reeved up the engine and starting driving out from the car park. I looked out of the windows while he drove. It was a pleasant silence. As I glanced over the city lights, a question came up to my mind. He texted me?

"What did I not reply you?" I broke the silence and looked at him.

"My text." He replied and I raised an eyebrow.

"What text? I don't remember receiving any text from you." I answered and he picked up his  phone and started scrolling through it," There."

I looked at it and immediately gave myself an internal face palm.

"Yah! Isn't it normal courtesy to send your name with the text if you are texting that person for the first time? And what's with 'Here?' ? Who do you expect to understand what you are saying?"
I burst and suddenly my cheeks went red. This had been so rude of me.

"I'm sorry. I'm just- I don't know." I mumbled and looked out, unable to face him. He didn't say anything but continued driving. The silence was getting awkward.

"So, I'm Go Hae Ri. I'm 19 this year and if you noticed, we signed the papers a few weeks before and so you are legally my husband." I started muttering to break the silence.

"I know that." He answered briefly and I threw a glare at him. He was just so quiet. It was as if he talks in the shortest sentences ever.

"Would you mind telling me your name and age?" I queried.

"Do I have to?" He said in a toneless voice.

"Well, I have to know my husband's age."

"23."

"Name?" I asked impatiently.

"Park Yi Eun. " He answered robotically. He was those kind of people that didn't give any nonsense. I crossed my arms and huffed.  My stomach starting growling and my face turned red.

"I'm hungry." I complained. Yi Eun shook his head slightly as he turned to look at me." At this hour?"

"Don't judge. I didn't get to eat anything." I mumbled as my stomach continued to growl louder.

We ended up at the drive through at McDonald's. Thank goodness they have it here or else I was going to die of hunger.

"Selamat datang ke McDonald." The person spoke through the speakers. I am never going to get used to the language here.

"I want the Spicy Chicken Mcdeluxe set with sprite and nuggets as well." I said excitedly to Yi Eun and he nodded. He made the orders and we went to the cashier.

"This would be your treat 'cause I'm broke as of right now." I declared with a pout and he nodded again. He really was such a robot.

The food finally was packed and I plucked my straw into my drink and took a big slip while biting into my burger. I let out a sigh of satisfaction. I was finally 'unhungry'.

"Eat slowly. You'll choke." Yi Eun mumbled as he bit into his chicken burger.

"Will not." I stuck out my tongue and continued digging into my burger. It was then I choked on it. He was such a jinx.

"Told you." He smirked and I glared at him.

"Don't give me that look. I bought you this meal. You should be grateful." He retorted and I rolled my eyes.

"Gamshahamida then." I gave him a fake grin as I ate my nuggets. I was a happy woman.

He shook his head and cleaned his hands with the tissue and started driving off.

"Why aren't you shy at all?" He suddenly asked and I gave him a curious glance.

"What do you mean by shy?" I asked and continue biting into my burger.

"This is only the second time we met and you act as if we met for years. Girl's don't work that way." He concluded and I rolled my eyes.

"Please don't generalize girls. It's just, I don't know. I mean we are married after all." I answered.

"It's just on papers anyways."

"But that doesn't change the fact and I had a nervous breakdown as well, making me sensitive and overreact." I admitted and continued eating. He didn't say anything after that and continued driving.

The car finally stopped and he parked it. We grabbed the luggages and made our way up the elevator. It stopped at level 10 and we got out.

I followed closely behind him, already half dead. It was almost 4am. He unlocked his door and made his way in. I went in as well.

My jaw dropped as I took in the interior design of his apartment or studio apartment. It was beautiful.

"Why are still standing there? Come in." He mumbled and I nodded my head as I shut the door. I could not help gasping at how perfect everything seemed to be. It was just like my dream home. As I entered the house, there was a shoe rack next to it, filled neatly with shoes that belonged to him. He was a neat freak.The first thing that I saw from the door was the study area. It was filled with books and sticky notes all tapped around it. This was paradise. On the left was the cooking area and the sofa with the television. On the right was the bed. There was only one bed.

"You didn't get an extra bed?"I mumbled and he shook his head,"You can sleep there, I hardly sleep at night anyways."

I nodded my head. I wasn't going to argue with him on this. I loved sleeping. He set my things at the side and retreated to his desk.

"Are you going to continue researching?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"Get some rest. It's already 4am." I mumbled but he shrugged it off.

"Time waits for no one." He said and continued to immerse in his work. I shook my head. He was much more of a workaholic as compared me. I lose to him. I felt the tiredness sink into me and went over to my luggage. I will unpack it tomorrow. I grabbed a tee shirt and a pair of shorts with my towel and started roaming the studio, trying to find the bathroom.

"It's the door at the kitchen there." Yi Eun mumbled and I gave him a sheepish grin. How could he notice what I was doing? I mumbled a thanks and made my way there. The bathroom looked amazing as well. I filled the bath tub with water and filled it with the rose scented soap that I brought here. It smelt like home. I let out a satisfied grin as I began to undressing myself and slipped onto the bath. I felt all the tensed muscles unknotting themselves. I stretched myself, feeling more relaxed as I let out a yawn. I was lethargic. I ran through today's events in my mind. I felt a blush running through my face as I remembered how I cried and hugged Yi Eun. Well, you couldn't blame me. I was petrified at that time and when I heard his voice and saw him, all the fright seemed to be gone. I felt assured all of a sudden. Maybe it was because he was the only familiarity I had in this place, everything was too unknown to me.

I was one to hate changes but it was also ironic at the same time. The reason I came here was due to the fact that I wanted to have a change. I sighed and dipped my head down underwater, holding my breath. Doing this cleared my mind up a lot. It doesn't matter anyways. I didn't need to have a good impression on him. Just like what he said, we were only married on papers. Our lives intersected just because of this and we were going to live our lives on our own even with this marriage. It was just an insurance for us that we will be able to live our lives fully even being fully concentrated on our studies.

I emerged from the water and took in a huge breath of air. My lungs needed that. I liked how my heart accelerated as I got in the oxygen into my system. It reminded me that I was alive and am actually living. I got out from the tub and drained the water down. I wiped away all the water particles on my body and slid into my clothes. I felt really freshened yet still sleepy at the same time.

I got out from the bathroom while rubbing my wet hair. Yi Eun was completely focused on his work. Looking at him like this, he was pretty attractive. He had the perfect built and his lips looked so red under this light. I found myself checking him out unconsciously and I shook my head. What was I doing? I took in several breaths to clear my mind of any inappropriate thoughts and went over to his bed. It smelt of lavender and mints, just like how he smelt like when I hugged him earlier. I felt my face turning hot again. Why was I thinking about it again? Go Hae Ri stop it.

"Yah.."I called out to Yi Eun. Yi Eun looked at me curiously and stopped his work for a moment.

"I'm really sorry about earlier. Yelling at you and hugging you so suddenly. It wasn't a good first impression but I was really frightened then. I thought I would be left alone here with nobody forever. And I really appreciated the meal you bought me just now." I said formally and he nodded his head.

"It was partially my fault, so no problem." He answered and returned back to his papers. That was one workaholic. I shook my head, he really should get some rest in between. But it wasn't my business to meddle. I was also like that when tests are around. I slid down the covers and turned off the table lamps.

"Good night Yi Eun." Without receiving a greeting back, I closed my eyes and began to slip into the darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 96 16
Finding comfort in someone can be a challenge, but for as long as she could remember, Hae-e had always had Sim Jaeyun. Entering the room after softl...
60.9K 4.1K 32
ā you can't fall for him, eun āž ā but what if i already did? āž āœ§ in which kim doyoung tries really hard to make sure that cha eun doesn't fall for pa...
642K 39.5K 51
***Deliciously Rewritten 2020*** Who says you can only find love in a coffee shop? Korean restaurants work just as well. Bailey Cho has always worke...
2.2K 256 22
What happens when your 1 year old long crush whom you've been trying to move on from suddenly asks you to move in with him? Well that's the same thin...