Scared

By nickel_is_awesome

Mariah Green. She doesn't have much money but still makes sure to have her three younger siblings eat. She li... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapted 2

431 16 2
By nickel_is_awesome

Mariah's POV

I sat in the corner waiting to hear Marie come back from where ever one of the boys took her. I looked up when I heard somebody clearing there throat.

"What do you need." I growled and the boy just smirked at me.

"Just came in to talk." he smirked and opened the door walking in as he sat next to me.

"I don't want to talk." I growled and turned my head away from him.

"Your sister was so much easier to talk to." he said and I whipped my head around to glare at him.

"You walked to her. What did you say? What did she say?" I asked and he chuckled.

"So now you want to talk." he said and I glared at him.

"Yes, I actually want to talk to you. Be happy." I growled and he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Aren't you so polite." he smirked.

"I'm not afraid to punch you in the throat. Or anywhere else." I growled and his eyes grew angry.

"And I'm not afraid to kill you. I have your sister in the room next to you and I can get your little brother and other sister with a snap of my fingers. I would be terrified of me. I can do anything I want to you." he growled and I swallowed slowly.

"You would never touch Max or Mack." I said slowly.

"Watch me." he growled and his lips were extremely close to my ear. "I do what I want, honey."

"Leave them out of this." I begged and he smirked into my ear.

"Seems like you are begging me." he said.

"I am." I said and he chuckled.

"Now I know your weakness." he said and stood up walking towards the door. He turned around when he reached the door and smirked down at me. "Just wait until the other two get here." he said and then locked the door leaving me to cry in the corner.

I hate it here. It's all because of my parents too. 

I continued to cry and I thought about Marie. I wonder if she ever stopped puking. I stood up and walked over to the door. I pushed gently against the door and saw that it was actually never closed. I smiled and opened the door closing it behind me. I heard the sound of somebody puking and I ran silently down the hall following the sound. I looked into a bathroom and saw Marie over the toilet puking.

"Aw, Marie." I said gently and she looked up at me. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying as she stared at me.

"Mariah." she said happily as I sat next to her. I rubbed her back causing more puke to come up out of her.

"It's gonna stop soon, I know it." I said gently as I got behind Marie so she could sit on my lap.

"It hasn't stopped yet though." she said and tears ran down her face.

"It's going to though." I promised and Marie looked up at me.

"When we go home can we get some Play Dough?" she asked and I sighed.

"Marie, that's really expensive." I told her.

"Why don't you love me!" she said and started crying.

"Marie, I do love you. We just can't afford it." I said and held Marie.

"We can never afford anything! Everybody has parents that love them and I have you!" Marie yelled at me.

"I try, Marie! Would you rather have food or toys?!?! I can't afford to give you and Max toys and food and clothes and then make sure that Mack isn't doing drugs or anything to get her in trouble. Then I have to go to school too! So, Marie, don't complain about what you don't have." I growled at Marie and she glared at me.

"I'm glad we're here! At least I know that if it rains I don't have to worry about getting wet." she said and turned her back at me.

"Are you stupid!" I screamed at Marie causing her to jump. "We were kidnapped, Marie! Haven't you seen the TV shows or the movies or the books! We don't make it out alive!"

"Stop yelling." Marie begged.

"I would rather live in that burned down house with Max who cries, you who complains, and Mack who yells at me! I would rather have nothing than be here! Why don't you get it!?!?!" I screamed and Marie looked at her lap.

"I just want to be normal." Marie said.

"And I wanted to go to Prom. That is the one thing that I want. I also want to be able to have one meal a day and know that I won't get sick off of it! I want to know that I can sleep at night without having to be scared that somebody is going to set the house on fire! I want to know that we can sleep in the winter with the heat on! I want to be able to have friends! I want to be able to go to school and not get made fun of! I want to be normal too!" I screamed and Marie who just looked ashamed with herself.

"Mack can help you get those things to happen." Marie said quietly. I laughed and knew that I probably looked crazy. I slammed my fist into the mirror causing it to shatter as Marie squeaked.

"Like Mack would ever help. Why don't we just run onto a freeway and get hit by a car! You know that night id didn't come home? I was lying in the freaking alley bleeding on the ground. I was freaking stabbed walking home from the store. I have a scar on my arm!" I yelled and showed Marie the scar on my arm.

"Your hand is bleeding." Marie said her eyes wide and I smiled.

"This isn't the most I've ever bled." I growled and examined my bloody knuckles from punching the mirror.

"Mariah, just calm down." Marie said gently and I glared down at her. 

"Once you go mad you can't calm down. You don't even understand." I growled and Marie looked at me worried.

"Mariah, just calm down." Marie begged and I turned around taking in a large amount of air. I walked out of the door and saw three shocked faces. I just glared at them and continued walking down the hall as I reached my little cell/room. I walked in and closed the door. I walked into the corner and sat down pulling my knees to my chest.

"I hate myself." I whispered and just put my head into my knees crying as my back shook. 

I cried in the corner as I thought about how bad my life actually was. I wiped my eyes and just rested my head leaning against the wall. I closed my eyes and let the tears flow down my cheek as I cried.

I was so done with my life.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mack's POV

I held the crying Max as I waited for Jean to come home with any news of Mariah and Marie.

"Come on, Max. I'm sure Mariah and Marie are fine." I said gently and he just cried as I tried to rock him.

"I want Mariah!!!" he screamed and I winced as he screamed at me.

"She'll be home soon." I lied and Max stopped crying as he smiled.

"Yay!!" he yelled and I took him outside sitting on the steps. I watched as people walked by and looked at us.

"Max, you have to be quiet." I said and he smiled as I pulled out his favorite toy.

"Mr. Sqeak!!" he exclaimed and happily took the stuffed frog that squeaked when hugged.

"Hi, are you guys Mack and Max?" somebody asked and I nodded scared and as I looked up.

"Yes." I said warily as the boy just smiled in front of me.

"That's great! We are from Melbourne Foster House for Kids. We have found a family that would like to adopt you." he smiled and I held Max tightly to me.

"That's okay, we have our sister and are staying with our neighbor Jean." I said and Max held his toy.

"Get in the car and nobody gets hurt." the boy growled and still smiled down at us. I swallowed and held Max tightly against me as I stood up. I jumped off of the steps and ran in the opposite direction of the man. 

I ran holding onto Max tightly as I ran down the street. I guess being on track helps. I ran and saw a car speeding down the road as they caught up to us. They blocked the road in front of us causing me to stop and slowly back up. I looked behind me to see the boy that was on the steps behind me with two others. I looked between the two and Max squeaked his toy making me jump as he laughed.

"Mr. Squeaks!" he exclaimed and I held Max close as the three boys advanced and I swallowed slowly.

"Just get into the car." One of the boys growled and I nodded slowly as the grabbed Max from my arms making his eyes go wide as he started to scream and cry. Another  boy grabbed both of my wrists and led me to the car. I was shoved into the black of the van, classic, and Max was shoved next to me.

"Mack! They took Mr. Squeaks!" Max screamed into my ear and I pushed him away slightly.

"It's okay, I can make you a new one." I said with a sigh.

"But I want it now!" he yelled at me and I turned to Max to glare at him.

"Max no. Sit." I demanded and he sat down like a dog.

"But-"

"No."

"But Mack-"

"No. Quiet." I ordered and crossed my arms over my chest.

"I'm hungry." he said and I looked down at him.

"Good." I said and he pouted.

"Give me food, women." he said and put his hands in front of me. My eyes widened as I glared at Max.

"Max!" I yelled and he smiled at me.

"Connor says it to Mariah!" Max said with a smile as I put my head in my hands.

"Connor is also 18 and does it make Mariah mad." I said and smiled but then remember we were kidnapped with five other people in the car.

"I have to go to the bathroom." Max announced.

"Please don't do it in the car." one of the kidnappers said and I realized they were listening to us.

"Max, be quiet." I said and he nodded closing his mouth tightly. I sighed and rubbed my tired eyes as Max leaned against my side.

"So, is he always like this?" one of the kidnappers asked and I looked up at him and nodded.

"He just talks a lot." I said quietly as I looked down at Max to see he was sleeping on me. The car stopped and the back door was open and one of the kidnappers glared at Max.

"If I pick him up will he wake up?" he asked me and I nodded. "Craaaaaap." he moaned and reached into the van grabbing Max and holding him in one arm as he grabbed my wrists and led me into a house. We walked past rooms that reminded me or prison cells. He must have finally reached an empty one because he opened the door and shoved me in. He set an awake Max down and closed the door locking it as he stared at us. "If he cries, then I'm not coming." he growled and left.

"Max, let's go sleep on the mattress." I said and grabbed Max's hand as I led him over to the old mattress that was on the ground.

"YAY A MATTRESS! LOOK IT'S A REAL BED!!!" Max yelled and I held my ears as he ran to the mattress and laid down a smile on his face.

"Yeah, now be quiet and sleep." I said and he closed his eyes. I sat down next to Max and laid down closing my eyes.

I wonder where Mariah and Marie are.

Are they here?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mariah's POV

I opened my eyes and realized I had fallen asleep. I sat up and my back cracked making me wince.

"Hey, your finally up." My eyes snapped to the door were the boy that I yelled at yesterday stood.

"Yes, I am." I growled and he smirked at me.

"Listen." he smirked and I stared at him confused as I listened for anything.

"TIME TO WAKE UP! TIME TO WAKE UP! TIME TO GET UP! GET UP, MACK!!" My eyes widened as I heard Max's loud little voice.

"You didn't." I gasped and he nodded.

"Oh, but I did." he smiled and laughed as he walked down the hall to where Max's voice was.

My eyes filled with anger and I walked over to the broken door pushing it open. I walked over to the boy and tapped his shoulder. He turned around confused and I punched him in the face. He staggered back and looked up glaring at me. I punched him again before he could react and I was pushed to the ground. I stared up and saw another boy glaring down at me.

"Just stop trying." he growled and helped his friend up as they walked into the cell in front of me. I followed and saw Max jumping on Mack's back as she groaned.

"Mariah!" Max yelled and he ran in between the two boys and jumped into my arms.

"Thank goodness you are here!" Mack said and she sat up but then her eyes widened as she saw the two boys in front of her.

"Go back to your room." one of them ordered me but I ignored him and carried Max over to Mack. I set Max down and hugged Mack tightly.

"No." I hissed as I hugged Mack.

"Just, let them hug and get the other little one out of the bathroom." one of them said and then one left as the other stared at us. The one that I punched repeatedly.

"I want food." Max whined and I hushed him.

"That's what I was going to ask you until your wonderful sister punched me twice in the face." he growled and Mack looked up at me.

"Then feed them and not me." I said and he stared at me.

"Fine. You stay here." he said and pointed to me before grabbing Max out of my arms and holding him as he grabbed Mack's wrist and led them out of the room. He stopped by the door and turned around to look at me. "You know what, just come with me." I walked over to him as he led us down the hall. 

The change in the house was pretty dramatic. What went from a prison turned into an actual home. Like a comforting place. Everything looked expensive and I finally got to see their faces. I saw twins, and three other boys making my assumption of only five boys being here correct. I saw Marie up by the boy leading us through hallways to a large kitchen. As we walked into the kitchen I started to wonder what we were going to eat.

And where these kidnappers maybe nice?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, how do you guys like chapter 2? Tell me in the comments!! I can't wait until the story gets better! Thanks for reading!

Comment!

Vote! 

Share!

Byeee!!

xoxo

Nicole(:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 260 24
Ella is starting a new life in America expecting it be easy but once she falls for Beau Brooks from the Janoskians her life will change forever
2.8K 307 40
65 girls. 13 districts. Five boys. Five winners. When five girls are picked from each of the thirteen districts to compete against each other to beco...
1K 81 20
A story in which she deals with the school popularity but when she moves away then comes back home, she becomes someone who nobody has expected in he...
2.8K 267 35
When your locked up and locked away from the outside world it basically free-for-all. But when you friends you need to watch their back to. What'll h...