That Wallflower (A One Direct...

By chips-aharry

After three years of being nothing, just a simple, invisible, nobody, the Player of The Fantastic Five takes... More

That Wallflower (Coming May 28, 2013)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Finally, right?)
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9 not edited. at all. sorry. :/
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Author's/ Apology Note *not edited so don't read if you're unedite phobic* :D
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Ask away
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 20 (the A/Ns an absolute mess, people)

522 28 9
By chips-aharry

Chapter 20

"Jade! I would like for you to meet Jack and his daughter, Cordelia," my mum smiled.

The girl before me was small with big brown eyes and a timid smile, much like my own as we waved awkwardly at each other.

"Well why don't you two stay here and play nicely?" my mum said, before taking Jack's hand and leading him off so I was alone with Cordelia.

"Well- uhhh- hi? I guess. I'm Jade."

"I'm aware," her American voice snapped.

I grimaced. "Oh. O- Okay."

"Look here's the deal. Jack is my dad. And soon, she will be my mom. We clear?"

"Uhh-"

"I said, we clear?" she repeated harshly.

"Yeah. Yeah, I guess we're clear."

~*~

"But Mum! I didn't do anything! You’ve got to believe me, I swear it wasn't me!" I cried.

My mother just stared at me disdainfully as she shook her head. "I can't believe what person you've become."

"What?"

I could hear Cordelia's sobs from where she sat crying on the couch, shaking her head. "I'm so sorry! I- I didn't mean to cause any trouble I just-"

"Its okay, Sweetheart. You did the right thing."

My mother’s never called me anything like that.

She turned back to me. "Why would you spread those rumours about her, like that?" she demanded.

"Not once, Mum, have I called her a whore! I hardly even talk to anyone to spread rumours!" I argued.

"Mrs. Jone-"

"No, Mac! You stay out of this!"

"But she's telling the truth," he defended, setting his hands in my shoulders comfortably.

"Is she? Mac, I love you like you are my own son for having watched after her, but that is because you protect her at every cost. How do I know that isn't exactly what you're doing? How can I trust you about this?"

I then sobbed. "You don't have to trust him, Mum, you're supposed to trust me! I'm your daughter! Not her!" I added vehemently, pointing m finger harshly in Cordelia’s direction.

I swear I saw her face soften and she opened her mouth, to admit she was wrong. But she only sighed and looked back at her husband and Cordelia who was still faking tears before saying, "Jade, I'm sending you to boarding school. Maybe there you'll learn your lesson."

I gaped when she walked away from me to comfort her.

"Jade," Mac murmured.

I sobbed and he pulled me into his chest and I held into him, wiping my face though I continued to cry.

"Mac, please. Please don't leave me."

"I won't, I won't, I swear that I won't."

~*~

"Oh! Jade, I would like for you to meet Cord-"

"Get out," I snarled.

Perrie blinked at me in shock. “Jade. I don’t see wh-”

“I don’t want her in my room!” I shouted.

Cordelia pouted. “But why? There’s an extra bed and everything!” she cheered.

“Lucky me, it has a pillow which can easily smother,” I threatened.

“Jade!” Perrie gasped along with Cordelia.

Cordelia shook her head. “Mum would not be happy about this. At least now I know why I’ve always been the favorite daughter,” she smirked arrogantly.

I shook my head, pushing back tears. “You are not her daughter.”

She laughed. “And you are? Trust me, Sweetheart, be happy you got sent here.”

I flinched at her calling me Sweetheart. I shook my head again. “Just leave!

“Wait, what- what’s going on?” Perrie asked.

I sniffled. “Perrie, meet my step sister.”

She immediately got the picture as her eyes lost their shock and instead grew sympathetic. “Oh. I’m sorry, Jade, I really am, but I can’t do anything about her being here. I hate to tell you that you still have to share this room with her,” she said to me, standing up and holding my hand.

“Is she your girlfriend?” Cordelia asked, scrunching up her face.

My eyes narrowed and Perrie responded for me. “Best friend, thank you very much. I’ll be taking her to my room for the time being since you are clearly not welcomed for obvious reasons.”

Cordelia scowled as Perrie tugged my hand towards the door. “Come on, love. Let’s get you calmed down.”

At this I laughed. “Boy, you won’t believe the day I’ve had even before she showed up.”

~*~

“And you just let him go?” she demanded.

I shrugged. “Might as well. Plus, Dash is-uh . . . nice,” I supplied. I scratched beside my nose and then just shrugged. “I don’t think I forgive him, but I think it was just a bad decision of friends.”

Perrie shook her head, bringing me a drink of water. She sat beside me and then said, “Are you sure? I mean didn’t he . . . ya know?”

I shook my head. “It was mainly his friends. He ran off, I think, the moment things got too hectic. He said that it was the first time they had tried to assault a girl.”

“And that excuses it?” she asked.

I glanced at her. “Am I being naïve?” I whined. She didn’t answer so I sighed and let my back fall onto the bed. “No!” I groaned. “I just- I honestly want to forgive him and he was so nice to me,” I mumbled mostly to myself. Maybe I was being crazy.

She sighed. “I understand that. I’m not saying you can’t forgive him, but I’m saying you can’t forget what he did.”

“But he didn’t do anything, Pez,” I said.

She seemed to think again. “Well if you’re so certain I say, go for it. But I don’t want you alone with that boy,” she instructed sternly as if she were my mum.

My mum . . .

What the hell was she thinking about sending her here and putting me in the same room as the devil’s child? I pinched the bridge of my nose. “What do I do about Cordelia?” I had no clue how to handle that girl. She hates me as far as I know and I sure as hell hate her. She ripped me apart from my only family other than Mac that is. God, now I’m thinking about Mac. This bitch will be the cause of my insanity, I swear.

Perrie gave me that look of sympathy again. “I don’t think that there really is much you can do. I mean, we can ask to have you transferred to a different dorm-”

At this I sat up excitedly. “Really?”

“-but,” she continued.

I grimaced. “But?” I parroted in a whiny tone. I threw my hands up. “Why must there be a but?” I rhetorically asked, laying back down.

“You will still have to stay with her for about a week and then they’d have to figure out where to put you which may add another week or two weeks or-”

“I get it, I get it, I get it,” I murmured falling back onto the bed. This time I rolled over so my face smashed against the silky covers. Jesus. Living in this dorm must be nice, I thought. I sat back up again with a bright smile. I turned to Perrie. “Perrie?”

“Yes?” she asked.

I grinned. “Would you mind me staying with you?” I made a please face and her expression changed.

She dimpled. “Of course! It was so blond of me not to think of that,” she joked with a chortle.

I laughed with her. “Aww! I love my blonde Perrie!” I said, pulling her in for a hug.

“Aww!” She put her arm around me too and then we continued to laugh.

~*~

Cordelia

Why is it that Jade had to make me look like the bad guy? Yeesh, I never did anything (too bad) to her! It’s not my fault her own mother kicked her out the house. If I hadn’t done something then she would’ve told them that I had been with a guy when I admit I shouldn’t have, but I did not predict her being removed from the house.

And why am I here now? Well, let’s just say that I was found out on my partying and they thought that some time here would “straighten me out.”

I sighed as I sat down on the new bed that was supposed to be mine. I had known that it would be awkward coming here, but I don’t see why she can’t get over herself. I was fourteen the last time I saw her for crying out loud. Plus since she’s technically older than me she should be a bit more mature about this situation. And maybe I shouldn’t have been all bitchy from second one when the door opened but it just seemed like the perfect line to use. All I needed was a camera to zoom in on our voices and some tension music.

I think I want to be an actress.

There was a knocking on the door and I exhaled. “Coming!” I opened it and saw two really cute guys standing outside the door. I felt one of my eyebrows flex. “Uh . . . I think you guys have the wrong room so . . .” I began to ease the door closed, but a hand stopped me.

A burly dude with brown eyes said, “Wait. This is Jade’s room,” he stated.

I knocked away my shock for a second as I cockily leaned against the door. “Jade and I’s room.”

“Jade and my,” he corrected.

I made a confused face.

“You used improper grammar so . . .” he trailed off, scratching the back of his neck. Well isn’t that just adorable?

I smiled. “I guess that’s why I was failing English then, huh?”

He seemed to grow sheepish at his inner nerd I guess coming out.

“Say, what business do you have with Jade? Last time I checked she could only ever socialize with one boy yet here the two of you stand,” I said motioning between the brunette and blond. Upon closer inspection I wasn’t entirely sure if blond was this dude’s natural color.

He frowned. “One boy?”

My eyebrows raised at his accent. Irish. “Mac. You guys know Jade, but you don’t know Mac?” I asked.

The two guys shared looks and I snorted. “Look- Jade ran off to cry with her blond friend. I don’t know why, she was overreacting to-”

“It was our fault,” the brunette blurted.

My head went to the side in confusion. What? “It was?” I asked in shock. I was pretty sure it was my fault.

He nodded. “We- we kind of pressured Jade or-or overwhelmed her,” he explained.

“Are you telling me my stepsister is in some sort of freaky ménage with the two of you?” I frowned. I guess this school did change her, just not in the way her parents wanted.

They blushed and then both denied it. “No!”

“Then what the hell are you talking about?” I asked.

Blondie blew out a bunch of air. “We- we kind of fought over her . . . in front of everybody,” he said.

“Harry was too much of an ass though to come apologize too, though,” the brunette muttered. I probably wasn’t supposed to hear that.

“Wait. Three of you guys were fighting over her?” I questioned.

They shared another look. “Yeah . . .”

“And has she dated any of you?” I asked.

They did that look thing again, shaking their heads. Blondie shrugged. “No. she- she actually has a boyfriend.”

“And was he the third one?”

“Nope,” they answered.

My head was beginning to hurt from all this. Before I could interrogate them any further I was asked, “Did you call her your step sister?”

I looked to big brown eyes and smiled. “That I did.”

“Jade has a step sister?” the other one asked in shock.

I nodded.

“And you’re her?”

“In the flesh,” I said like in the movies.

“I wonder why she never told me about that,” Blondie said.

“I wonder why she never told me about that,” the other one repeated.

I nodded. “Yeah. You guys discuss that amongst each other. I want to sleep. Big day tomorrow.” I began to close the door but the brunette stopped the door again.

“Wait, what’s your name?” he asked.

I smirked. “Story for another day. Bye!” This time I was more forceful with closing the door on them.

I giggled as I practically skipped towards my new bed. I got beneath the covers and smirked.

Maybe being here won’t be too bad.

~*~

How was that? PS: I'm writing this note on an unfamiliar computer so forgive typos.

So I haven't been on lately but OMG I've gotten like 3 fans and a bajillion votes on this thing since. (I'm looking at you @jadeyxmix, lol.) So I hope you enjoyed that chapter, but I'm leaving soon so I'm just gonna ask that you answer these non-story relevant questions.

1) IF you became a unicorn what would you do? (I'd fart, idk why. :$)

2) IF it were your birthday and you could have anything what would you ask for? I'd ask to be close friends with little mix and 1D, lol.

3 WHAT KIND OF CAKE WULD YOU PREFER AND WHEN the hell did I turn on CAPS.

Technical difficulties people.

Just chocolate. That’s my answer. Bring ON the cocoa!

 uGH, I ACTUALLY WANTED CAPS FOR THAT ONE AND it's happened again, ugh.

As Kingsley would say I'm just fucking all over the place.

Since I am being a total screw up right now, I'm just gonna stop with it right here because I am making so many spelling mistakes. I hope you enjoyed and if you did, comment, vote, fan, and promote. I'll be back in probably 2 weeks (That time has come again. I know. If you watch Glee too, now you hate me to be md at also.) I shall make a grand return on the 21st! Until then, @harpoisaunicorn your request has been heard and it's up next.

BYE!

- aNGIE bEAR (OMFG! Why?)

Continue Reading