So You Think You Can Dance?

By tufano79

It had been Bella's dream to go on the dance competition, So You Think You Can Dance. She was a contemporary... More

A Dream Fulfilled
Pas de Deux
You Are the New Day
California Dreamin'
The Green Mile
Hip Hip Chin Chin
Someone to Watch Over Me
Eyes on Fire
Time
I Know You Want Me
The Dance
Fuego
Kiss of the Spider Woman
Gravity
Mambo
Cheap Thrills
When Love Takes Over
Road to the Finale
Final Four
America's Favorite Dancer Is ...
Bittersweet Symphony
Nightmare Come to Life
The Rocky Road
Christmas Wishes
Dreams Come True
So You Think You Can Dance? An Epilogue

A New York Minute

1K 30 9
By tufano79

So, here we are ... starting a new story. I'm dreaming that it's summer time and the favorite thing about summer time, besides the longer days and warmer weather is the return of my favorite show, So You Think You Can Dance? I love it ... the beauty, artistry and athleticism is amazing. Plus, the music they play? Damn ... makes me happy.

Chapter Four: New York Minute

EPOV

I'd never felt such a pull to someone as I felt with Bella Swan. She was beautiful, sweet, and sexy and one of the most elegant, beautiful, talented dancers I'd ever seen. Watching her on that stage as she danced to "Angel" for her father, my heart nearly burst through my chest as I watched her memorialize the supportive, loving man who left this earth far too soon.

"Ed! You want to go out and get some Voodoo Donuts?" asked Emmett, rubbing his belly. "I'm starving like a Marvin!"

I slipped my cell phone back into my pocket, feeling it vibrate. I wondered if Bella responded, but I'd check in a moment. "Probably not, Em. Today, being here all day, was a bit much. I'm going back to the hotel and I'm crashing after I inhale some food," I snickered.

"Come on! Live a little! Voodoo Donuts have a donut with bacon!" Emmett said, pulling me toward the stage door. "Plus, I want to hear all about that hot little brunette you were talking to. She's smokin!"

I rolled my eyes, allowing him to drag me out to garage where my rental car was parked. He clambered into the passenger seat while I eased into the driver's side. With a sigh, I drove to the donut place, buying a dozen donuts and driving us back to the hotel. Once back at the hotel, Emmett followed me into my room. "Are you sleeping here, too?" I quipped, digging through my bag for a fresh pair of boxers and some sleep pants.

"Nah!" he answered, spraying his food all over the table. "I just want to hear about your hottie!"

"You are such a girl, Emmett," I snickered, going into the bathroom and locking the door. I pulled out my cell phone and saw that Bella had, indeed, texted back.

You are such a smooth-talker, Edward. I'm blushing. Rose is teasing me saying that my face is causing people to stop since I'm so red. However, thank you for being there for me and I will have sweet dreams because of you. Call me whenever. Rose and I are heading back on the road around eleven ~ Bella xx

"Are you jerking off?" Emmett laughed.

"You're an ass," I grumbled, turning on the water and quickly typing out a reply.

You're probably asleep but I'm glad that I made you blush. It was truly my intention. I can't wait to talk to you. Call me anytime or you can email me at edwardcullendances (at) gmail (dot) com. Hugs, sweet Bella ~ Edward xx

I tossed my phone on the counter and stripped out of my clothes. I took a quick shower, hosing off the sweat from teaching the call back dance. Wrapping my towel around my waist, I washed my face and brushed my teeth before putting on my sleep clothes, walking back into my hotel room. Emmett was still there, his feet on the tiny cocktail table and laughing at something on the television. I walked to the box of donuts, finding two left. "Dude! I bought these! I only get two?"

"I'm hungry," he snorted. "I'm a growing boy."

"Yeah. Growing wider," I growled. I tossed him my rental car keys. "Go get some more, you asshole. You invade my room, eat my donuts and ..."

"Okay, okay, Eddiekins. Don't get your boxers in a wad," he laughed, getting up from the couch. "I wanted some more anyway. I'll get you your own dozen. Any requests?"

"Whatever is fine with me," I snickered. He sauntered out of my room. I collapsed onto the bed, running my hands through my thick, wet hair. I was exhausted and a little jetlagged. As I waited for Emmett to come back, I perused online on my phone, checking Facebook, my twitter feed and Instagram. As part of my contract, I had to maintain a twitter and Instagram account. My most recent photo of me, a selfie – God, I'm that guy - in front of the Paramount Theater had received over three thousand likes from my teenaged followers, most of which were girls, gushing over how HOT I was.

I don't see it. I think I look like Howdy Doody. Meh.

My Facebook account, however, was set to private. Only a handful of people were aware of its existence, mainly friends from the Latin dancing circuit, high school, college and my family. Biting my lip, I typed Bella's name in the search bar. There were a number of Bella Swan's and Isabella Swan's, but I found her easily. Her profile picture was of her and Rose, smiling in the sunlight on the campus of University of Washington. Rose was pretty, but my eyes were drawn to the gorgeous brunette, smiling sexily to the camera.

I sent her a friend request.

Gah! I'm a freaking stalker, but I just can't walk away.

I tossed my phone onto the nightstand, blowing out a few breaths. I couldn't come on too strong. Nope. I had to be her friend first. I can do the friend thing.

Liar. You want to bone her. You want to know if her hair is as soft as it looks, her lips as sweet as they appear, her pussy ... I'm going to hell. Straight to hell.

Ugh, my brain has no filter. I would like to be with her, that way, but friends. We needed to be friends. I couldn't get too close to her. Not yet. I'd call her, talk to her, text her and if she accepts my friend request, send her random Facebook game requests. I'm such a dork. Pull it together, Cullen. Though, I did need lives for Candy Crush Saga.

"Eddo!" boomed Emmett. "Let my sexy ass into your room. I have your deep fried puffs of heaven."

I barked out a laugh, getting up from the bed and letting Emmett in. "Deep fried puffs of heaven?" I snickered.

"Try it," he said, stuffing a chocolate donut into my mouth. I bit back a groan. The donut was warm, coated with chocolate glaze and almost like sex, wrapped up in sugar, flour and chocolate. Hmmmm, chocolate. Though, having sex would be preferable, thank you very much. "Would you like a moment alone with your heaven puff?"

"Shut up," I barked, laughing as I swallowed. "They are really good. Thanks for picking up another dozen."

"Pssh! A dozen? I picked up four. One for you and three for me," he beamed, handing me the car keys. "I'll see you tomorrow, Edz."

"Edward. My name is Edward. Not Eddo, Ed, Edz, Eddiekins," I said, arching a brow.

Emmett just smiled, stuffing an entire glazed donut into his mouth. "Later, Eddiela!" With a wry grin, I closed the door as he walked to his own room. I ate two donuts, deciding to save the rest until tomorrow for breakfast, bringing the leftovers to the theater. I sipped some water, flipping through the channels before exhaustion washed over me. I plugged in my cell phone so it could charge, setting the alarm so I could do a brief workout before going to the theater. I settled into my lumpy bed, my eyes drooping and my mind drifting. Just before sleep claimed me, my cell phone buzzed.

Swiping my finger, I saw the alert. It was from Facebook.

Isabella Swan has accepted your friend request. You can now see more of her profile.

I beamed, happy that she wasn't turned off by my pushy behavior. I was glad that I had met her and that we were now friends. Though, in my heart of hearts, I wanted more.

The question remained, would she?

xx SYTYCD xx

I arrived shortly after lunch for the rest of the Portland auditions. According to Irina, the morning was hellacious, with a majority of the dancers either being dismissed immediately or sent to choreography. No one had received a ticket to Los Angeles for callbacks. She also groused about Emmett, farting all morning and smelling like donuts, bacon and stale coffee. I paled, disgusted at his off-putting behavior. However, it was just how he rolled.

And he's curious as to why he's still single.

I sat next to Irina, watching the auditions. They truly were bad. There was one guy, who had to be at least forty, with long hair stuffed into his turtleneck, glasses and his shorts pulled up to his armpits that went by the name 'Sex.' He believed he was God's gift to the dancing community, when in reality, he was uncoordinated, awkward and just plain bad. When Alistair said that it was a no for both choreography and Los Angeles, Sex had a temper tantrum, calling Alistair a British blowhard. The cuss words that spilled out of the man's mouth were obscene and he was pulled from the stage.

Following that debacle, a tall, muscular dancing walked up on stage. He had long hair, pulled back into a low ponytail. His skin was a deep russet and his smile was bright and wide.

"Good afternoon," Alistair said, his voice weary.

"I'm sorry about that," the man said.

"It's not your fault. What's your name?" Alistair replied, giving him a smile.

"My name is Jacob. Jacob Black," he nodded.

"How long have you been dancing, Jacob?" Carmen asked.

"Not very long. I started when I was in high school. I was on the football team and I stumbled over my feet more times than not. My coach suggested I take dancing lessons to work on my coordination. I did and I was hooked. I quit the team, focusing on becoming a better dancer," Jacob snickered. "I'll admit that I'm still learning, but I'm willing to try anything you give me."

"Well, let's see what you got, Jacob," Alistair nodded. Jacob grinned, stepping back and stopping stage right. He got into his opening pose. "And cue music."

The opening timpani drum and loud chorus indicated that it was 'O Fortuna' from Carmina Burana. It had been a popular choice for auditions this year and I was so over it. Due to the fact that he used an overused piece of music, I was not impressed with Jacob's audition. There were a lot of tricks, but very little substance. He was strong, obviously, but the choreography didn't meld together. Irina poked me, shaking her head and pointing her thumb down. I agreed, turning back to Jacob. Alistair held up his hand, ending the music. Jacob got up from the floor, jogging to the microphone.

"You're very strong and make the jumps look effortless," Alistair began. "However, there was no connection to your audience, nor was there any fluidity between your jumps and tricks. The bones of being a great dancer are there, but I think you need a little more training."

"I agree," Carmen nodded. "I have no doubt that a partner would work easily with you since you are such a powerful dancer, but the lack of interaction with the audience and the choppiness of your routine ... it's not for me. I'm sorry."

"Jesse?" Alistair prompted.

"I wonder if you can do choreography?" Jesse mused, pursing his lips. "My vote is to send you through to the choreography round."

"Carmen?" Alistair asked, arching a brow.

"It's a no for me," Carmen answered.

"I'm with Carmen. I'm sorry, Jacob. Come back again next year. Focus on connecting with your audience and melding your movements together," Alistair said, nodding.

"Thank you," Jacob said, his smile forlorn and his posture defeated. With a sigh, he grabbed his bags and ran up the aisle to the exit. After he left, things did pick up and four people received tickets to Los Angeles, while twelve people were asked to stay for the choreography round. They struggled with the steps and we had a few injuries, resulting in several contestants leaving. When all was said and done, two dancers moved on to the callbacks in Los Angeles. The second day in Portland proved to be a bust.

After the choreography round, we all went out to eat at a restaurant near the hotel. As I was changing into my jeans and button-down, I saw a text. From Bella.

We're back in Seattle and I've already got a phone call from the producers to the feature about my 'story.' They'll be here next week while you have the week off between Portland and New York City. Anyhow, I just wanted to say hi. Oh, this is Bella, btw ~ Bella xx

I knew it was you, Bella. I'm glad that the producers got in touch with you. Carrie, the producer in charge of your feature, is very sweet and the cameraman, Harry, is gruff but has a heart of gold. How was the drive back to Seattle? ~ Edward xx

Long, but fine. Rose and I stopped in Olympia on our way back, doing some shopping. She loved it. I was in hell. I'm not much of a shopper. Though I did buy some new clothes for the callbacks. My old dance clothes are a little out of style ~ Bella xx

I'm certain you looked amazing in them ;-) ~ Edward xx

You certainly know how to make a girl blush, Mr. Cullen ~ Bella xx

Look, I'm about to head out to dinner with the crew, celebrating the end of auditions in Portland. Can I call you tomorrow? ~ Edward xx

I have date with a washing machine, but other than that, I'm free. I look forward to hearing from you, Edward. Hugs to you and I'll talk to you tomorrow ~ Bella xx

Hugs back and sweet dreams ~ Edward xx

I slipped my phone in my jeans, wishing I could spend the evening talking to her. However, the insistent knocking on my door forced me to put that wish out of my mind. Leaving my hotel room, I walked to the restaurant with Irina, Emmett and Jesse, the celebrity judge. As fun as dinner was, my mind was elsewhere.

Namely, a gorgeous, sweet brunette who had driven back to Seattle this afternoon.

xx SYTYCD xx

I spent the week off between Portland and New York in my condo. While I was there, I spent some time working on the dances that Alistair and Carmen asked me to choreograph. When I wasn't working on that, I was on the phone with Bella. She was back in school, grumbling about too much work and not enough time to get it done. I asked what she was studying and she said that she was in a master's program for curriculum and instruction, having gotten her elementary teaching degree. However, the job market for teachers wasn't very good in Seattle, so she went back for her masters.

All too quickly, my week off ended and I flew out to New York City for the final stop on the audition tour. I packed my bag for the six days we were spending in New York City for the auditions and the opening night of Lauren's debut for West Side Story. The auditions were being held at the Manhattan Center Grand Ballroom and Hammerstein Ballroom. Upon my arrival, I checked into the Wyndham New Yorker and settling into my room. Auditions would begin tomorrow morning. I wanted to just relax tonight and watch some television.

As I sat down, there was a knock on my door. Groaning, I walked over to the peep hole, seeing Peter standing there, making funny faces at me. I barked out a laugh, opening the door. "You are an idiot, Peter."

"But you love me," he snickered, giving me a hug. "How's my favorite roomie?"

"Tired. How are you?" I asked, ushering him inside.

"I'm excellent! I want to go exploring! The last time we were in New York, we spent the entire time in a hotel or rehearsing," Peter whined. "We've got the rest of the day today to play. Please? Edward, pretty please?" He put his head on my shoulder, batting his eyelashes.

"What did you have in mind, Peter?" I questioned.

"I really want to go to Ground Zero. I may have been just a kid when it happened, but I always remember September 11th, 2001," he said, his voice quiet. Then, he smirked. "I also want to spend some time gossiping with you. A little birdie told me that you met someone?"

"Ugh! Who?" I grumbled, scrubbing my hands through my hair.

"Emmett," Peter replied, sitting on the bed next to me and crossing his legs. "What's her name? What does she look like? Did you kiss her?" I gave him a scowl. He just giggled. "You can tell me after we go to Ground Zero. Come on, Edward!"

"Okay, fine," I said, picking up my grey pea coat and black scarf. I grabbed my wallet, cell phone and beanie before leaving my room with Peter. He was prattling on about his newest adventure in Minneapolis. He was a principal dancer for this small contemporary company. I just nodded, listening to him talk. After a short while, we arrived at Ground Zero. Peter's conversation came to an abrupt halt and it was replaced with a reverent silence.

We spent about a half hour just staring at the memorial where the Twin Towers used to stand. Peter took my hand, leaning against my shoulder. I pressed my cheek to his hair, giving him some quiet support. I took a few pictures, posting them on Facebook. We left after another few moments, walking back to the hotel. With each step, Peter perked up. "Sorry. A close friend of my dad's was on a business trip and was caught in the north tower. He didn't make it."

"I'm sorry, Peter," I murmured.

"I didn't know him, but it hit my dad hard. He was supposed to be on the trip, not his friend," Peter shrugged. "I was sick with the chicken pox and he didn't go because of my illness. Anyway, onto some happier topics. Back to your mystery woman. Spill it, Cullen!"

"Okay, okay. I met this girl at the Portland auditions. She danced on the first day and she had the most beautiful piece, dedicated to her father. He had sacrificed so much for her love of dance, helping her recuperate from a nasty tumble that almost ended her dancing career. Unfortunately, he was shot and killed in a robbery. He was a small-town police chief," I explained, frowning at Bella's loss.

"What's this mystery woman's name?" Peter pressed, walking into the lobby of the hotel. We rode up to my room. I was blushing and smiling like a goofball. "Edward, stop day dreaming of doing pervy things to your woman! What's her name!?"

"Her name is Bella. Bella Swan. She's from Seattle, a student from University of Washington," I answered, a crooked grin gracing my features.

"What does she look like?" Peter snickered, hopping onto my bed and making himself comfortable.

Chuckling, I took off my coat and sat down across from him, at the table. "She's about five-one and slender. Obviously, she has a dancer's build. She has long brunette hair, deep espresso-colored eyes and the softest looking pink lips." I sighed, remembering Bella's effortless beauty.

"You liiiiiiiiiiiiike her," Peter sang.

"I do like her, but I'm hesitant to start a relationship with her. I'm a choreographer and an All-Star ..." I trailed off.

"So? I saw the new contract. There is no provision about All-Stars dating dancers," Peter explained.

"But, I'm a choreographer, too," I frowned. "I don't want to give Bella an unfair advantage."

"You are such a punk," Peter laughed. "Alistair and Carmen trust you. They know you won't give her an unfair advantage. Don't let your professionalism stop you from being happy. When you are talking about her, your eyes light up. Be her friend for now, but let nature take its course. I can imagine you having adorable babies."

"Whoa, Peter. Just, whoa," I laughed. "Let's not put the cart before the horse, dude."

"Well, I believe that this girl is for you," Peter smirked. "Now, I'm starving and I want to decompress from that emotional moment at Ground Zero."

"Works for me," I said.

We spent the rest of the evening, talking and eating room service. Around eleven, Peter left to go to his room and I called Bella. We talked for an hour. Bella said she wanted to procrastinate working on a project for one of her classes and my phone call was a welcomed distraction. My persistent yawning ended our phone call, though I wished I could have stayed on the phone with her, but exhaustion was forcing us to end our conversation.

My dreams were filled of the beautiful girl who had caught my attention in Portland. And let's just say those dreams were quite X-rated. It left me wanting more and curious to know if her lips were as soft as what I imagined. Only time will tell.

I hope.

The next morning, I went for a run and then dressed in some comfortable clothes before heading to the theater. Peter joined me, half asleep and clinging to his coffee cup like it was a lifeline. Arriving at the theater, we settled in the seats to the left of the platform where Alistair, Carmen and the celebrity guest judge, Christina, were sitting. We could the bustling crowd from the foyer and slowly the potential contestants filtered into the house. Alistair, Carmen and Christina walked out onto the stage, getting comfortable on their chairs. Alistair did his usual spiel about the rules and with that, the auditions began.

The morning started off strong, with the first four dancers getting tickets to Los Angeles and then the next six dancers being sent through to choreography. There was a lull in the middle of the morning, but it picked up just before lunch. Just before we broke for lunch, Bella sent me a text, asking me to call her. I slipped out of the theater and dialed Bella's number.

"Hello?" she answered.

"Hey, Bella. It's Edward," I smiled, my face flaming. I felt like I was in high school all over again, talking to a pretty girl. "What's up?"

"I just finished my feature with Harry and Carrie," she prattled, sounding excited and so happy. "They were awesome, interviewing me and Rose. They filmed us on campus, in class and dancing on the mainstage. On top of that, the head of the fine arts department asked me to dance my audition piece at the dance showcase in two weeks, just prior to the callbacks."

"That's wonderful news, Bella," I said, grinning happily for her. "Are you going to extend the audition piece?"

"I continued it so it was the length of the song," Bella explained. "Rose and I are looking for a costume appropriate for the dance. We're heading out soon. I just wanted to tell you. You are the only other person who really cares about my dancing. I can't tell my mom, not like she cares anyway."

"I'm sorry that your mom doesn't support you," I frowned. "I don't know what I'd do if my family didn't support me. My mom and dad were behind me, every step of the way."

"I know that my father is there for me," she whispered. "He's in my heart, watching me every moment. However, I sometimes wish that my mom would ..."

"Me, too," I said. "I know that I'm not your family, but I'll always support you. You are a gorgeous dancer, smart, selfless and ..." I trailed off before I blurted out that I thought she was absolutely gorgeous and that I wanted more than just friendship.

"Thank you, Edward. I know that we don't know each other very well, but you mean a great deal to me. Hearing that you support me, it means more than you know. You are a wonderful man, sweet, kind and very handsome," she said breathily, laughing anxiously. "And a kick-ass dancer, too."

"I'm glad you think that," I snickered.

"Anyhow, I just wanted to share my news with someone besides Rose," Bella said. "I have to head out. I've got class in about an hour and I have to print out an assignment. Then, I have a shift at the coffee shop until closing. Thank you for calling me and for listening, Edward. It means more than you could possibly know."

"I'm here for you, pretty girl," I whispered. "Good luck with your class and your shift at the coffee shop."

"Thanks, Edward," she said. "I'll talk to you later. I hope the auditions are going well."

"So far so good," I chuckled. "Better than the second day in Portland."

"I heard about it," Bella snickered. "A friend of mine auditioned and he said that very few people made it through to the choreography and even less made it to the callbacks."

"Who was your friend?"

"Jacob Black. He lived on the La Push reservation near Forks. His dad and my dad were close friends, fishing almost every free weekend. I spoke to him. He had sent me a text saying that he had auditioned on a whim, but didn't make it. He was very upset," Bella explained. "Shit, I'd love to talk more, but I have to print my paper out in the student center since my printer decided to crap out on me last week. Perhaps we can talk later?"

"I'd love to, Bella," I replied. She said a sweet goodbye, hanging up the phone. I sighed contentedly, only to jump when I saw Peter standing at the stage door steps smirking. "Holy crap! You need a bell or something, you creeper."

"I see that adorable smile and how you coo to her. Were you talking to your Bella?" Peter asked, waggling his brows.

"I'm ignoring you, creeper," I snorted, easing past him and into the backstage area where there was a buffet of food for those of us involved with the production of the show. I picked up a sandwich, bag of chips and bottle of water, sitting down on a couch to eat my lunch. Peter sat down, practically on my lap, grinning like an idiot. "What?"

"Aren't you going to spill?" he asked, giggling.

"Um, no. I'm not a gossipy girl, Peter," I chuckled.

"I'm a gossipy gay. Indulge me, Cullen," he guffawed. He swiped my dish of food, giving me a playful glare. "I'll hold this hostage."

I rolled my eyes, pinching his side, causing Peter to squeal and send my food flying. "Don't forget, I know your weaknesses, Mr. Ticklish," I said, getting up from the couch and making another plate. "You better clean up the mess you made."

"You suck, Edward," Peter grumbled.

"I do not suck. I just want to see where this thing goes with Bella. You know? Let me just be her friend and see how it develops from there," I explained.

"Okay, okay," Peter acquiesced as he picked up the mess from the floor. "However, if you want to talk, I'm here for you. Hopefully, she won't turn out to be like Tanya."

"I can tell you that, right now, she's the complete and total opposite of Tanya," I shuddered. "Now, we've got less than ten minutes before the auditions pick up. Let's finish our soggy sub sandwiches." He nodded and we devoured our meal before heading back out into the house. The afternoon flew by, filled with mainly great dancers who were sent through to choreography. A handful were just awful and were sent on their way. One or two were sent through to Los Angeles for callbacks, but nothing like the caliber of Bella.

Once the auditions were done, Lauren and I went through the callback choreography. Irina's shoulder was so torn up that she had to go in for surgery during our week break between Portland and New York.

I taught it to Lauren during that time at my mom's studio before she ran off to do a rehearsal with the company of West Side Story. They were doing previews in Chicago before heading to New York. Lauren's opening night was in a couple of days. They had arrived in New York City the day before the auditions and rehearsing in the theater where they were performing. Lauren took her 'lunch hour' to help me demonstrate the dance before she went back to finish her rehearsal.

During the choreography round, out of the thirty dancers that were asked to stay, only twelve got tickets to Los Angeles. The rest were sent on their way. They just couldn't pick up the choreography, which wasn't all that difficult to begin with. After the auditions were done, I went back to the hotel. Peter wanted to go out clubbing, so he went with some friends he knew in New York. I traded texts with Bella while she was working at the coffee house, but crashed since I was exhausted from sitting all day and then working my ass off for the choreography.

The next day was about the same, maybe a little worse. There were a few repeat performers, some dancers who had hoped to impress Alistair, Carmen and Christina. However, like before, they just didn't reach the bar. That was until Jacob Black returned.

"Mr. Black, are you trying again?" Alistair asked.

"I am, sir," Jacob said. "I worked with a friend to smooth out my routine and I really, really want this."

"It takes guts to come back and audition a second time in the same season," Carmen said. "Show us how much you've improved, Jacob."

"I hope you like it," Jacob replied, grinning brightly. Alistair nodded and Jacob took his opening position on center stage. He stood on the stage, his head down and took a deep breath.

"And cue music," Alistair barked.

The simple acoustic guitar of "Wake Me Up When September Ends," filled the auditorium. His dance began with him looking up and it was powerful. I watched him as he glided across the stage, moving and telling a story. I cracked a crooked smile, knowing that I was witnessing Bella's influence on him. She had helped him create this piece. Her influence helped him more than words could describe. The explosive dance from Portland and the soft piece in front of us were so different from one another. It also showed us that Jacob could be molded into something more than what he displayed in Portland. There was definite growth.

Alistair held up his hand about a minute into the routine, stopping the music. "That was lovely, Jacob. You told a story. Your movements were purposeful and the connection with the audience ... Well done!"

"Thank you," Jacob panted, smiling at him.

"Why didn't you do that before?" Carmen asked bluntly.

"I thought that if I just showed my best moves, I'd be a shoe in. Then, a friend of mine told me that it was about the artistry and connecting to the audience, reiterating what you all said. With her help, we came up with this and yeah ..." Jacob chuckled.

"Well, your friend is a beautiful choreographer and has helped you tremendously," Carmen said.

"I didn't see your first audition, but based off what I just saw now, I'm in awe of your strength, your talent and your confidence," Christina, the guest judge, described. "I want to see more of you and to be honest, yours was the best audition of the morning."

"Wow! Thank you," Jacob murmured.

The three of them spoke quietly but within moments, they all picked up tickets from their piles and waved them frantically. Jacob collapsed on his back and laughed. Hopping up, he ran off the stage to get his ticket, hugging all three of the judges before running up the aisle, whooping and cheering. I laughed, sneaking off to confirm my hypothesis about Bella's involvement. Jacob was being interviewed by another camera crew and once he was done, he stood there, almost in shock. I walked over to him. "Congratulations, Jacob," I said, holding out my hand.

"Wow! Edward Cullen! I voted for you!" Jacob snickered, shaking my hand. "You were robbed, man."

"Meh," I shrugged. "I've got a pretty sweet gig now, thanks to my attorney finagling my contract."

"I bet," he said. "Even though you didn't win, you probably got a ton of offers to dance and stuff, right?"

"I did, but this was the best offer and I get to do what I love which is dance and choreograph," I said, guiding him to a quiet corner. "Speaking of choreographers, you said a friend helped you with your new audition piece. It may be a mutual acquaintance."

"Are you speaking of a petite, spitfire with brown hair and brown eyes?" Jacob snorted. "Isabella Swan?"

"Yep," I laughed. "I recognized her smooth lines in your piece. It was really quite beautiful, but still maintained that masculine feel."

"Bells is amazing. She is the best dancer I know and the fact that she almost lost it all ... it was so sad," Jacob sighed. "And her mom is a piece of work. What a bitch! I couldn't stand her and avoided Renee at all costs. I only really spoke to Charlie, Bella's dad, since he was my father's best friend."

"Did you know she auditioned?" I asked.

"She told me when I visited her on campus. We apparently drove past each other when she was coming back to Seattle and I was driving to Portland," Jacob explained. "Anyway, Bells is a great friend and I love her like a sister."

"Well, congratulations, again," I smiled.

"Thanks, Edward," Jacob beamed, his teeth gleaming against his russet-colored skin. "I'm going to call my dad and then Bells to tell her about the good news!" He shook my hand, pulling me into a sweaty hug. With a wave, Jacob picked up his bags and ran out of the theater, prattling on his cell phone. I went back into the auditorium, watching the rest of the auditions.

After the choreography round, the audition tour was officially over. When all was said and done, 157 contestants had made it through to the Los Angeles callbacks. It was going to prove to be a challenging and exciting callback experience and I felt bad for all of the judges. Their decision was not going to be an easy one. Having to eliminate 137 dancers to create the top twenty was not going to be an easy feat.

I spent another week in New York City. The top ten dancers from the previous season and the judges were attending the opening night of Lauren's debut on Broadway in the revival of West Side Story. We all took pictures on the red carpet before heading into the theater. The show was amazing and Lauren, who played the part of Riff's girlfriend, Velma, stole the show with her amazing dancing and snarky attitude. After the show, we all went to the opening night festivities with the cast and crew. I had a fun time, but my mind was on the gorgeous brunette who had overtaken my mind. I wished that she was next to me, holding my hand and sharing these moments with me.

Only time will tell if that dream will come to fruition. For now, I just had to bide my time until I saw her again in Los Angeles for the callbacks.

I couldn't wait.

A/N: Up next will be the callbacks in Los Angeles and our two favorite dancers will reunite. I'm not including all of their conversations on the phone or text since I'd rather have their relationship grow via face-to-face. You know? Pictures of the New York theater, Ground Zero and such are on my blog. The link for my blog is on my profile. You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation and on twitter: tufano79.

Leave me some!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 8.1K 151
Bella and Edward have been friends for as long as they could remember. They grew up together, went to college together and now, live in the same apar...
122K 3.2K 32
The second the judge finally allowed her to from now on live with her dad back in Forks she was over the moon happy! For the last seven years she had...
6.8K 115 10
**IMPORTANT INFO This book was Preveasly called Major Jasper Whitlocks Mate. I changed EVERYTHING about this book. NOTHING is the same before.** I am...
49.6K 1.2K 10
Four years have passed since twenty-four year old Bella Swan broke up with her fiancé of six months. After dating Edward Cullen for three years, the...