Home

By ayumikiyohara

"The whole idea was a mess, in fact it was stupid. To get married with someone who's practically a stranger t... More

The Meeting
The Evil Woman
The Progress
The Kindness
The Valentine's Day
The Dinner With Friends
The One Who Got Away
The Bad Dreams
The New Chapter
The Story
The Torture
The Anger
The Heart
The Frustration
The Picture
Over
The Wound
The Desire
The Expired Date
The Expensive Thing
The Proposal
The Confession
The News
The Angels Rejoice
The Preparation
The Broken People
The Matrimony

The Book

11.9K 212 81
By ayumikiyohara

"Should we talk to them now?"

"They're doing really good, I don't want to put any pressure on them. Let them be. What do you think?"

"We think the same way too. But for how long?"

"Give it six more months? Let them enjoy the happy phase."

"And if they finally ask us about it?"

"Then we'll discuss it with them."

"We're happy."

"Believe me, we are too."

XXXXX

Everyone sat at their respective spot.

"You find your phone?"

"No. I can't believe I lost it. All of my important contacts are there." Taeyeon sulked as she slurped her soup.

"But that's the same phone," Hyoyeon pointed the black device beside Taeyeon's bowl.

"It's Fany's. I bought a new phone but it's too big. I don't like it so I trade it with her. Her phone is boring, no games whatsoever. I have to download it all over again."

"What phone did you buy?" Sunny asked.

"iPhone 6, I want to buy the same type like my old one but it's no longer produced. I can't believe their break through revolution is its size," Taeyeon laughed. "The application is pretty much the same, I think?"

"You should exchange it with me. I wouldn't mind a bigger phone."

"In your dream, you short!" Taeyeon snorted at her.

"You're only 1 cm taller, you dumb! Anyway, are you going to go to that conference?" Sunny stole Hyoyeon's fries.

"I don't know, haven't talk to Fany about it." Taeyeon drank her infused water before shoving her noodles into her mouth.

"What?"

"The conference will be hold for three days and I don't want to be all alone in different continent with myself."

"Wow, never know you're so smitten." Hyoyeon and Sunny laughed out loud. Taeyeon stopped chewing her food to glare at her friends.

"It's a good thing, really." Hyoyen said still snickering.

"You say it like it's not. Stop laughing at me. Yah!"

They didn't stop.

XXXXX

"What's for dinner?" Taeyeon opened the fridge and picked up her ice cream.

"Taetae, no ice cream before dinner." Tiffany reminded her.

"Just one scoop."

"Kim Taeyeon," the lawyer glared sternly at her. "Put it back to the fridge. Ice cream is for dessert not appetizer."

"But I want appetizer," she pouted.

"Then have salad or something. Put. It. Back." Tiffany emphasized each word.

"Dictator," Taeyeon muttered under her breath but did what she told anyway. She wasn't as freely as when she didn't know about Tiffany's existence. She used to have ice cream for dinner, ice cream for breakfast, ice cream for midnight snack and no one would nag her for it.

But, she wouldn't barter her new life with anything in the world.

"I heard that," Tiffany stated whilst tasting her cooking.

"So what? Are you going to ban ice cream from me?" Taeyeon pulled a face.

"Should I do that?" The pretty girl challenged her.

"Aish," she sighed. "I'm not a kid anymore. I can eat whatever I want." Taeyeon huffed as she sat on the kitchen counter.

"Then maybe you should act like an adult," Tiffany gave her a peck on the lips. "It's for your own good, Taeyeon-ah."

"Fine," she defeated. "Kiss me more," she quickly grabbed the latter's face before she could escape.

"Taetae, the meat will burn out." She mumbled between kisses. "We can continue this later after meal."

"Really?" Taeyeon pulled back a bit. "Full make out session?"

"Full make out session," she promised. "Now let me go otherwise you'll have burnt steak for dinner."

"Okay, okay." She set her free.

Taeyeon didn't have any idea of when did food presentation become so important to her. She recently easily lost her appetite simply because the dressing of the food wasn't suitable for her liking. Like when she found something was out of place, or the color variation was too much, or the sauce smeared messily.

Tiffany's pretty and neat serving was probably the main reason. Her home made cooking was more like five stars hotel cuisine. That was an enormous value in Taeyeon's eyes, also one of so many other reasons why she fell in love with her every single day.

"Woah!" Taeyeon's mouth automatically produced saliva at the beautiful sight. "What's this?"

"Steak Fajita Rolls," she answered whilst she put one of the meat to Taeyeon's plate. She waited till Taeyeon finished chewing before asking how was her cooking.

"I love it," Taeyeon cut her meat yet again.

"Love it or love me?" Tiffany teased.

"I love you but I love it more right now," Taeyeon grinned. "Thank you for always making awesome food for me."

"You are very welcome," she smiled from ear to ear.

"Oh Fany-ah," she suddenly remembered about her upcoming event. "I have a conference next month, in Prague. Would you like to come with me? It'll be awesome."

"What?"

"Conference. Next month. Prague." She repeated the highlight whilst swallowing her food.

"I uh, I don't know Taeyeon-ah... " Tiffany hesitated.

"Why?"

"I'm in saving mode right now, you know to prepare... stuff?"

"Oh. I have money if that's what you're worried about."

"This is an expensive trip, Taeyeon-ah. I don't want to spend your money for me."

"Then should I repay you for the rent that you've paid? Or all the groceries and clothes you buy for me? Or for your cooking? For my laundry? For the gas every time you drop me off at the hospital?" Taeyeon asked in all seriousness.

"What? What nonsense are you talking about?!" She was offended by the bombarded fiscal questions. She never considered the cost of her money for their needs.

"Should I?" Taeyeon restated.

"No." Tiffany said in high tone. "What even-"

"Then you shouldn't think about the money for the trip. Pharmacy Company will pay for me, we can use our own money for your expenses. Besides, the only thing we need to pay is aircraft transportation costs. Hotels, transportation and meals for us there are covered."

"This is different, Taeyeon-ah," she argued.

"Fany, I do what the best and what I enjoy the most. I'm a surgeon, I help people, I get paid for it. I honestly have too much money for my own good and I want to spend it on you. This is not a big deal." Taeyeon put into words.

"It's different nonetheless. We're talking about at least a million won here."

"So what?! It's going to be your money too." Taeyeon was becoming impatient by their pointless argumentation. It would be a different story if Tiffany couldn't go due to her work but since the main reason was money, Taeyeon can't help but feel rejected. "What's the point of me getting my payment if it's not for you?"

"Huh?" Tiffany bewildered. "What are you talking about?"

"We're going to get married someday. Why are you keep forgetting about that? Do you have someone else in mind?!" Now Taeyeon was pissed.

"No! No! No it's not that. You know I love you. I just... think this is too much. We aren't married, yet." She explained.

"Fine, then I guess I won't go too." She stood up from her seat and did her dish, irritated.

"Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany called her softy. "Please don't get the wrong idea? I truthfully don't have anyone but you in my mind to spend the rest of my life with. I'm sorry, okay? Don't be upset." She hugged her from behind.

If somebody told her she would actually considered and genuinely happy and excited to marry Taeyeon a year a go, she would laugh at that person mercilessly. Funny how things turned up with them being in love when they started off on wrong foot.

"Yeah, I'm cool," she spoke flatly. "I'm going to bed. Thanks for dinner," Taeyeon freed herself from Tiffany's embrace as she dried her hands and walked out from the kitchen.

"Taeyeon-ah!" Tiffany shouted stopping her in track. Taeyeon didn't turn to face her though. "At least give me time to think about it first?"

"You have a week."

XXXXX

Day 2

Taeyeon had been laid on her back, staring in full concentration at Tiffany's door for a while now. When she heard a click she quickly lifted up her 'Weekend Gateway: Prague' magazine. She carefully casted a brief look at Tiffany who was now strolling her way to the kitchen.

She watched her every move.

Tiffany came back a moment after as she took a glass of coke. She cozily turned on the TV, she spared a glace to Taeyeon and laughed.

"Taeyeon-ah, you read your magazine upside down," she informed the clueless Taeyeon.

"What?" The shorty rechecked it as her face reddened in embarrassment. She slumped in her seat hiding from humiliation.

Tiffany moved closer to her. She tried to pull the magazine off of Taeyeon's grip. She struggling at first cause Taeyeon was too ashamed to show her face but surrendered anyway by Tiffany's persistence.

"Why are you so cute?" Tiffany pinched her nose earing an adorable pout. She leaned down to kiss her. "Where did you buy that?"

"I didn't buy it," she lied.

"Oh?" Tiffany looked at her with her infamous 'do you really want to play lies with me?'.

"At the newspaper shop in the hospital," she sulked. "This is no fun."

Day 3

"Sooyoung-ah, have you ever gone to Prague?"

The tallest slurped her soup before answering. "No, but I'd love to go there someday. It's on my top list of places I want to visit actually. Why you ask?"

"Can you persuade Tiffany to go with me? I really, really want to take her there. She's too stubborn."

"Is that why you come and feed me so much food? To bribe me so she changes her mind to go with you?"

"Does it work?" Taeyeon asked hopefully.

"One more box of donuts and I'll do it."

Day 5

"Commissioned by King Charles IV in 1357, Prague's most stunning bridge spans 16 arches and is lined with 30 Baroque statues of religious figures." Taeyeon read out loud the information from a website she looked on her phone.

"The bridge's 1,700 ft. of cobblestone are used for wholly temporal purposes, however. Each afternoon, painters and hot-dog vendors fight for space with — and custom from — the hordes of tourists who are themselves elbowing one another for the best views of the Vltava River," she continued peeking at Tiffany who was busy reading her client file on her laptop.

"I'm saying it'd be really romantic to walk on this bridge at the sunset, we can enjoy the cool breeze-"

"We'll freeze to death, Taeyeon-ah." Tiffany spoke as her fingers running on the keyboard. "The temperature down up to 30C in December."

"How do you know?"

"There's this thing called Internet. It's pretty useful."

"So you'll go with me?" Her eyes were sparkling.

Tiffany shrugged.

Day 6

She was out with her friends when a notification popped up on her screen.

Taetae sent you a picture.

"Prague Castle?" She mumbled as she saw the picture of a magnificent building.

'Isn't it beautiful?' Came a text seconds later.

She chuckled.

'Yes it is, sweet heart.'

XXXXX

"See? This is where the tumor lodged." She pointed the hyperdense lesion on the film. "Is she ready for the surgery?"

"Yes, doctor. I have talked to her and she says she's just hoping for the best." SeoHyun answered.

"Good. I'll talk to her later on our rounds." Taeyeon heaved a breath as she stared at the CT scan once more.

"Taeyeon unnie," SeoHyun called her quietly with her head bowed down.

Taeyeon was surprised hearing her call her Taeyeon unnie. They were still on work time where there was no such thing as unnie and dongsaeng.

"Yes?"

"I'm so sorry but can we not be professional related for the next few minutes? I really need someone to talk to," she didn't look up to her.

"Sure, go ahead talk to me. What's wrong, SeoHyun-ah?" She asked worriedly, her favorite resident acted so out of character.

"YoonA unnie kissed me," she whispered.

"She what?!" Taeyeon shocked.

"You heard me, unnie." She blushed.

"Okay wow, that's..." Taeyeon was lost for words. "Well, how are you feeling about that?"

"I've never kissed a girl before," she covered her face with her palms. "But I kind of like it?" She answered unsurely. "I mean it's weird at first but then I- I enjoy it."

Yoong, you success big time!

"Oh?" She pressed her grin. "So that's a good sign? Right?"

"I guess?"

"Look, I would be lying if I say that I have no idea that Yoongie is totally have a thing for you and I'm going to be really glad if you can reciprocate her feelings. She's like a sister to me, SeoHyun-ah. She's a good kid, she could be hyper sometimes-"

SeoHyun gave her a look.

"Most of the time," Taeyeon corrected herself and chuckled. "I'm not saying this just because I'm close to her, but I think she can make you happy. She cares about you a lot."

"She does?"

Taeyeon nodded. "So, what are you going to do now?"

"I'll try to make her happy too."

XXXXX

"You owe me three buckets of ice cream," Taeyeon made herself at home when it was clearly she wasn't at her home. She had her feet on the table while eating Yoona's snack comfortably.

"Hello to you too, unnie," she greeted her sarcastically. "I didn't hear you come." YoonA was showering when Taeyeon casually entered the ob-gyn doctor house without notified.

Taeyeon increased her brow at YoonA. "Do you perhaps have something to tell me?"

"What are you talking about?" She took a seat beside Taeyeon.

"I don't have all day, okay? I must pick Fany up and I have a date with her tonight. So cut the crap and say it."

"I really don't know what are you talking about, unnie." YonnA scratched her head. "What am I supposed to tell you?"

"Did you or did you not kiss SeoHyun?"

"Wh- How do you know?!"

"She told me," Taeyeon grinned smugly. "Now when do you plan to tell me about this, huh?"

"It's too early to tell anything, unnie. I don't know what comes into me that day. We're just talking about random things and suddenly I couldn't stop myself and kiss her. It's awkward afterwards, thankfully I got a call from the hospital. If not, I don't know..."

"She likes it."

"She does?" YoonA shocked. "What does she tell you?!"

"Not telling. It's confidential, I'm not taking side here," Taeyeon shook her head.

"Unnie, please-"

"Don't be a coward and just go for it. I've played cupid for you and if you don't put your best effort to it, I swear I'm going to shave bald your head." Taeyeon threatened her.

"What do you want me to do, unnie?" YoonA sighed.

"What do you want to do?" She asked back.

"Do you think we're going to work?"

"Do you think you guys are going to work?"

"You're not helping! If I know the answer would I still ask you?!" She was desperate and her unnie was no use at all.

"You can't ask me, Yoongie. You ask yourself that question. It's you who will go through this relationship with her."

"Can you at least give me advice?" She looked sadly at her.

"Be yourself whatever happen. It is an amazing feeling to have someone who loves you for you. Being another person that you're not is exhausting. Can you love her for her? No matter how timid and uptight she might be?"

"Of course!" She answered quickly.

"Then let her learn how to love you for your craziness. Give her time, and kiss her more," Taeyeon laughed. "Kiss is a good thing, who knows she'll let you do something more," she ruffled YoonA's hair.

A ring on her phone stopped her laugh.

"Yes dear?"

"Hey. I'm done at work, where are you?" She heard the voice she loved so much.

"I'm at Yoong's, will be on my way now. Wait for me, okay? Love you."

"Alright," she chuckled. "I love you too."

Taeyeon got off from the couch and stretched her arms. "I should get going. I demand three box of ice cream; chocolate chip cookie, daiquiri ice and almond fudge." She said as she made her way to the door.

"Ice cream freak," YoonA finally smiled.

XXXXX

VACLAV HAVEL AIRPORT PRAGUE

The plane was descending and then later they could feel soft jolted due to the touched down.

"Welcome to heaven on earth, we're going to see magic," Taeyeon leaned closer and kissed Tiffany's lips in slow motion. Tiffany tilted her head to give Taeyeon's tongue full access into her own.

She was drunk. Intoxicated. Thrill.

The way Taeyeon kissed her was nothing compared to the other kisses she had from other people- her ex. Her kiss was full of love and protection. It was like she wanted to show her how much she cared, how much she meant to her.

Taeyeon set her heart on fire. She saw fireworks every time their lips crashed. She felt her body weaken at the time Taeyeon touched her skin.

Oh how deep she was in love with this girl.

Taeyeon pecked her one more time before sighing in happiness. "Thank you for coming with me."

"I should be the one who thank you," she caressed Taeyeon's cheek tenderly.

"Then we can be thankful to each other," Taeyeon smiled. "Come on," she offered her hand, Tiffany didn't think twice to take it.

Taeyeon's hold always firmed yet gentle. It secured her.

On the way to the hotel, Tiffany fell asleep in Taeyeon's arms. She was tired and jetlagged and Taeyeon provided her comfort.

Taeyeon whispered like a lullaby in her ears. "Wake up, dear. We're here," she said. Tiffany didn't have the energy to open her eyes she only muttered incoherent words.

"You can sleep more in our room. Just a couple minutes of consciousness then you'll be able to enjoy your slumber state," she murmured.

With heavy heart and slightly irritated to Taeyeon, she sat up and rubbed her red eyes. Taeyeon kissed her temple and stroked her shoulder.

Taeyeon silently leaded her to the comfortable matrass and kissed her goodnight.

XXXXX

Fortunately, Tiffany had divided Taeyeon's clothes for each day so Taeyeon didn't have trouble to find her outfits for that day since she had to left early and Tiffany was nowhere near awake. They didn't get to spend the first day together. Taeyeon had conference to attend so Tiffany joined the group tour to roam the city. She took many photos and videos to show Taeyeon later.

They visited one of the biggest traditional shopping center where they could get more than fifty percent discount for good stuff compared to the shopping mall. The promise she made to not be a shopaholic seemed to vanish in dust the moment she laid her eyes on the pretty display.

She ended up using her saving and the card Taeyeon gave her.

Taeyeon just laughed when she said she was sorry for shopping too much. She didn't even seem to bother at all to the fact that Tiffany using her money for pretty coat and sweater and dress and hot pants and shoes. She did buy Taeyeon some stuff too but not as much as hers.

"You'll be with me tomorrow right?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"You said you're not interested to tomorrow section." She pouted. "It's no fun without you."

"I thought you're having fun today?" Taeyeon laughed. "Look at all those goods you bought," she teased.

"What's the point of me accompany you here leaving my work behind if it only turn out I wonder alone by myself," she nagged.

"I will go with you, your highness," she pecked her lips. "Happy?"

"Very."

XXXXX

Prague was indeed beautiful.

The people maintained their tradition with all they had proven by the preservation classic architecture buildings including their houses design. Prague was the city with mystical nuanced. The towering Castile made it felt like they were in fairytales.

They came to wineries and got a chance to taste old and good wine. Taeyeon was amused to see Tiffany swirling and sniffing her wine like a classy lady. They bought a bottle of wine for themselves afterwards.

They watched opera at one of the oldest opera house that located on the hill. Taeyeon was bored to death whilst Tiffany enjoyed every second of the performances.

Taeyeon joined Tiffany for half-day on the third day. They met at the Letna Park in the afternoon. They drank beers to keep their body warm and ate some hotdogs to fill their stomach.

Nearing the evening, they took a boat trip on the Vltava River. It was an excellent illuminated sight of Prague. Taeyeon cuddled Tiffany close fighting the cold wind to their faces. She attached her cheek to Tiffany's to supply the warmth to her.

"Lets take a selfie," Tiffany put out her phone and held it above them. "Smile, Taeyeon-ah."

Instead of smiling, Taeyeon closed her eyes and kissed Tiffany's cheek when the camera captured the moment. They smiled at the picture. Tiffany set it as the wallpaper straightly after.

When they fell asleep that night, Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Tiffany and didn't let go till they really have to leave the bed to catch their flight back to Seoul.

XXXXX

"Okay, that's the last of it." Taeyeon kicked the largest suitcase to the living room. "Ugh, I hate jetlagged." She slumped on the couch. "Please remind me again to not drink coffee on flight in our future trip," she yawned.

"I've told you, you stubborn," Tiffany lightly slapped her thigh.

"Do you regret it, going with me?"

"No," she shook her head. "But I'd like to go somewhere without interference. Just two of us, no conference whatsoever."

"We shall plan it from now."

"We can't do that with our unexpected job, Taeyeon-ah," she rested her head on Taeyeon's shoulder.

"Just for fun. Where do you want to go?"

"Hm, Cape town? You said you want to go there."

"Cape town it is. Please do mark your calendar and take a week off."

"Why does it sound like we're going to go next month?" She laughed.

"We won't go next month. Next year."

"Next year is a month away, sweet heart." Tiffany poked her nose.

"Well, what about in February? It's summer there, maybe we can spend more time with penguins."

"We'll see about that, okay?" She pecked her lips, Taeyeon nodded. "Want to sleep?"

"Yeah," she yawned again. "Wait, before I forget," she took out a small brown notebook and a pen from her bag.

"What is that?"

"I used to write my dreams, things I want to do on it. My grandpa taught me this to keep on track on what I want and have to accomplish," Taeyeon unfolded the rubber strap. "See? I was six when I wanted to play skateboard. I put a checkmark because I have done it though I'm not good at it, I think I even dislocated my elbow," she laughed.

"I haven't written it again for so long," she noticed the seven years gap. "You can read it if you want."

"Really?"

"Yes really." Taeyeon opened page by page up to the last one that had her writing on it.

Tiffany gasped at it.

29 y.o

Fany's...

Open a Patisserie

Paris

Venice

Prague

London

Paris

Bungee Jumping

Scuba Diving in Palau

Cruise

Attend Fashion Week

It was all her dreams on that certain page. She saw Taeyeon check marked 'Prague' then closed her book.

"Taetae, but it's your book," she said.

"Hm?"

"Why do you write my dreams in your book?"

"Because your dream is now my dream too," she stated as a matter of fact. "Hopefully we can make it together."

Oh how deep she was in love with this girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
311K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
65.6K 2.9K 28
dogs are man's best friend, but for mike a dog simply serves much better as a wing-man ♡
6.9K 233 25
The world is appear to be normal, but it has two sides. One is a normal life, while the other, is nothing but curse. Since the time when life appear...