Daryl Dixon's Weakness

By walkergirl98

Saskia Claymond was just your average 26 year old woman. Reserved, quiet and just dealing with what life thre... More

Chapter 1 - Running
Chapter 2 - A Stranger
Chapter 3 - The Camp
Chapter 4 - The Hunter
Chapter 5 - Ed
Chapter 6 - In The Dead Of The Night
Chapter 7 - Confession
Chapter 8 - Moving On
Chapter 9 - Settling In
Chapter 10 - We Are Sharing
Chapter 11 - Saved By An Angel
Chapter 12 - An Awkward Breakfast
Author's Note
Chapter 13 - The Explanation
Chapter 14 - Decontamination
Chapter 15 - Faced with the Gun
Chapter 16 - Awakening
Chapter 17 - Missing
Author's Note
Chapter 18 - Memories
Chapter 19 - Like A Daughter
Chapter 20 - How did you get them?
Chapter 21 - Let Me Come With You
Chapter 22 - Absolutely Everything
Author's Note
Chapter 23 - Greene
Chapter 24 - Thoughts and Feelings
Chapter 25 - The Shot
Chapter 27 - Not Okay

Chapter 26 - Afraid

4.2K 102 30
By walkergirl98

"DARYL!" I screamed so hard my throat hurt.

My instincts kicked in and I immediately sprinted over to Daryl and dropped to my knees. I got a good look at his face and saw the bullet had just grazed the side of his head. Could he still be alive? I was not prepared to lose the first man I had cared for and trusted in a long time. I quickly laid my hands on his chest and lowered my head to his face. I felt his light breathing on my cheeks and my heart skipped a beat realising he had survived.

"God I was only kiddin' bout shooting me." I heard him mumble as I stared at him incredulously, not believing the fact that he was cracking jokes at a time like this.

"You asshole." I mumbled with a slightly amused smirk on my face. His head lolled to the side and I realised he had become unconscious again. I swiftly turned to look at the others "Help me get him up! He needs help right now!" They all sprung into action at my words and before we knew it we were almost at the farmhouse.

"Get him inside! I'll fix him up immediately! Patrica! Prepare the room!" Hershel shouted after seeing the state of Daryl. I saw Andrea cautiously approach us, guilt written all over her face.

"I'm so sorry..I-I didn't mean to..." She whimpered, unsure of what to say. I slowly turned to her, anger etched onto my features.

"How could you?" I whispered, hurt laced into my voice. I continued to walk into the house and sat just outside the room that Daryl was being fixed in. And so commenced the agonising wait to find out if I would ever see him again.

* * * * * * 

It had been about an hour since Hershel closed the door and began his work on Daryl. My nerves were on edge to say the least and I had bitten my fingers to tatters. I was feeling slightly faint, like I had been for a few days but just decided it was because of my nerves. I heard footsteps approaching from outside so I looked up and so Rick walking towards me. He gently sat down next to me on the small sofa I was seated in.

"Heard any news about him yet?" He asked with a concerned tone to his question. I had noticed that Rick had put a lot more trust and respect towards Daryl lately. Probably because Daryl had proved to everyone how much of a good person he is through his dedication to finding Sophia.

"Not a peep. I think that worries me more than knowing to be honest." I sighed and rested my head in my hands.

"You really care about him, don't you?" I looked up at Rick with a worried expression.

"I... well yeah...I mean I guess so.."I stuttered, unsure of what to tell him. Rick just chuckled softly and put his arm around my shoulders to pull me into comforting hug.

"It's okay, ya know. To let yourself get attached to someone and feel this way. I can tell you're terrified, but I have a feeling Daryl won't let you down." He spoke, as if he knew something I didn't about Daryl.

Suddenly the door to Daryl's room opened and Hershel walked out with a large smile. "He'll be just fine. Needs a few days rest and he'll be as good as new. He's awake now if you want to see him, he actually asked for you Saskia." Hershel explained. My heart fluttered at the idea of Daryl asking for me but I tried not to show it. I walked up to Hershel and gave him a quick hug.

"Thank you so much for saving him." I spoke gratefully. I slowly entered the room and Hershel shut the door behind me. I saw Daryl laying on his side, facing away from me, the sheets pulled all the way up to his neck. He had a bandage wrapped around his head where the bullet hit him.

"Hey there stranger.." I spoke softly, careful not to alarm him. His body slowly began to shift and he turned towards me with a weak smile on his tired face.

"Hey." He whispered, attempting to save his energy.

"How ya feelin'?" I asked.

"Pretty shit." He simply replied whilst smirking slightly. God that smirk is to die for. I walked towards him and carefully sat down close to him on the bed. I suddenly felt shy and unsure of what to do. I looked down and played with my hands which had somehow become the most interesting things in the room. What is this man doing to me? A large hand gently placed itself on top of mine and held onto them tenderly. I glanced upwards and saw Daryl staring directly into my eyes with a look I couldn't quite understand. "Thought I was never gonna see you again." He mumbled.

"Me too." I whimpered, tears forming as I remembered the way it felt. "I thought you abandoned me like everyone else in my life has before." The tears leaked down my cheeks even though I vigorously tried to wipe them away. He'll think you're weak. He sat up slightly which brought our faces closer together.

"Hey. That's never gonna happen. I won't do that to ya." He paused for a moment thinking of what to say, "Look I'm might sound like an idiot for sayin' this but I like ya Sask. I mean I really like ya." My eyes grew wide at his confession and my heart rate multiplied. "And the thought of never gettin' to see you again nearly killed me itself today. Now I know ya scared of getting close to people and I think I know why. But just know I won't ever hurt ya Sask. I promise."

I sat there speechless, refusing to believe that those words had just left the mouth of Daryl Dixon. The tears were still freely flowing and my mind was racing. The idea of someone genuinely caring about me for once was making me giddy and terrified all at the same time. 

"I...I..." I babbled, my voice not wanting to cooperate.

"Ya don't have to be afraid." He rubbed my arm gently, which to be honest was not helping my situation.

"I like you too." I blurted. "And for some reason I trust you more than anyone I've ever met." His eyes seemed to light up at my statement. "And you most certainly do not sound like an idiot." I nervously laughed trying to lighten the mood. 

However, we soon turned serious again and I saw his eyes move to my mouth. And I found my eyes doing the same. His rough hands cupped my cheeks and his thumbs gently stroked across my tear stained skin, wiping away the evidence that there ever was any. We both brought our faces closer together, so close that I could feel his breath on me. The combination of all of this had, what felt like electricity, running through me and my heart beating faster than ever before. I bit my lip slightly in anticipation which made Daryl's pupils dialate. He looked up at my eyes again, as if asking for permission which I nervously granted and he begun closing what little gap between us was left.

All of a sudden there was a knock at the door which caused us to spring apart with awkward and guilty faces. I stood up and briskly walked over to the door and opened it. Carol walked in holding two plates of hot food.

"I brought you both dinner." She smiled, placing them down on the wooden bedside table.

"Oh thanks Carol." I replied.

"Yeah thanks." Daryl reciprocated. Carol looked at him for a moment before placing a light kiss on his forehead.

"Thank you for everything you've done for my daughter, Daryl. You've done more for her than her father ever did." She said and then went to leave.

"Oh here you are Carol." I called out as I handed her my plate, "I'm really not that hungry tonight, I'm sure someone else will appreciate it much more." She nodded her head before taking the plate and leaving. My stomach was doing knots from everything that had been said between Daryl and I, there was no way I could digest any food tonight.

I sat down on the bed again and handed Daryl his plate. He took it carefully but before I could fully retract my hand he grabbed my wrist. I gave him a confused look as he seemed to study my sleeved arm.

"Daryl what's wrong?" I asked, afraid he would uncover my arm.

"How have you gotten so skinny Sask?" He asked, with genuine concern in his voice. "Have ya been eating properly?"

"Yeah of course!" I replied without even thinking. Have I? He raised his eyebrows at me in disbelief. "Maybe I've skipped one or two meals here and there but that's just because I'm not hungry. Besides it's not like anyone can eat properly anymore." I sighed.

"Yeah I guess." He replied whilst nodding his head, seeming content with my answer. I quickly took my arm back from Daryl's grasp and he got stuck into his meal.

After Daryl finished eating we both settled down, me in a nearby arm chair, and drifted off into a much needed sleep.

* * * * * * * *

Surprise!!

Here's another update for you!

I felt guilty leaving you on a cliff hanger ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 83 19
(NOT EDITED) For most of Raven's 28 years of living she has always been alone that was until she met Morgan and Duane and the group mostly Daryl she...
353 46 35
If you read this: please do not skip around. Just because the chapter looks interesting doesn't mean you skip the 'boring' ones. I work so hard to wr...
66.2K 3.6K 23
In a world taken over by walkers, ten-year-old Elodie fights to survive each day. But she's not just any survivor-she's a girl who happens to be hard...
8.9K 684 19
Semi-mature. Book Three picks up fourteen months after the last chapter of Home Is Your Heartbeat. Nate is an Aussie girl who was stranded in Georgia...