The Commander's Legacy - MxM

By Shifting2wolf

War changes many lives and not all of those changes have a happy ending. When an ambush during a Seal mission... More

The Commander's Legacy - MxM
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Bearer of bad news
Chapter 2 - Meet the Martinez'
Chapter 3 - Little Surprises
Chapter 4 - Bonding with the family
Chapter 6 - Pawns on a battlefield
Chapter 7 - Cyber Attack
Chapter 8 - Viper
Chapter 9 - Crazy woman
Chapter 10 - Dangerous games
Chapter 11 - Serious matters
Chapter 12 - A watchful eye
Chapter 13 - Simple pawns
Chapter 14 - Danger Close
Chapter 15 - Aim for the head
Chapter 16 - Bullet through the heart
Intel for Chapter 17
Chapter 17 - The Black Sun
Chapter 18 - Free fall through the ranks
Chapter 19 - (Dis)Honorably discharged
Chapter 20 - Four SEALs and a family
Epilogue

Chapter 5 - Taking baby steps

29.9K 1.3K 160
By Shifting2wolf

---Davy’s POV---

I bounced up the stairs, smirking wickedly at the thought of my plans for the evening. If everything turned out just like I wanted, Josh was going to be insanely jealous. And if he wasn’t, I knew that he just considered me a plaything; in that case, he could go screw himself.

A hand creased away the frown on my face, making me look to the side to André. He was a French exchange student, who was openly bi and had dropped me several ‘subtle’ hints that he was interested in me. Whether it was as just a night of fun or real, genuine interest, I didn’t know but I had told him the plan and he agreed anyway.

“So, they are here, Oui? And your sure that your family won’t mind?” he asked again, his French accent washing over me while his eyebrows were rising slightly as he aimed his light blue eyes on me. I smiled tauntingly while I shrugged, “It was my sister’s idea to start with, so I’m sure that they won’t mind.”

Walking up the entrance before opening the door with my own key, I added, “And yes, we have guests present, so better to stay polite, okay?” I said, changing my sentence when I saw Richard walking by before he stopped in the middle of the hallway to look at André.

“Who’s this?” He asked, narrowing his eyes slightly as he observed André just standing there. I felt him shift his weight slightly, muttering a soft, Merde.” under his breath. Nudging him with my elbow, I explained, “A fellow student and friend of mine, I invited him over to hang out.”

André rubbed over his stomach, still gawking at Richard in front of us before he looked at me. “You didn’t say your guests were models, mon ami.” I chuckled along with Richard, who relaxed as he understood I didn’t say anything about what they really were.

“We are not models.” Richard chuckled, looking back at the blue eyes of my friend before scanning his short, cropped black hair and normal jeans with shirt outfit in a friendly, non-flirting way.

André chuckled and slugged his arm over my shoulders, pulling me closer to his body just as Josh walked in. My eyes flashed slightly at his presence and I inconspicuously leaned against André.

Getting the silent hint, André leaned over to peck my forehead where I could feel him smile against my skin as he eyed the point of my interest curiously. I didn’t miss the flash of anger crossing Josh’s expression, nor the way he slightly clenched his fist or how his beautiful lips flattened to a thin line.

Richard looked at his friend and shook his head slightly with an amused smile on his face while I playfully squeezed André’s side, making him chuckle again before he pushed me in front of him.

“Let’s get to this game room of yours, mon amour. You seemed keen to play a few games, yes?” André remarked with a smirk on his face that would make outsiders of our previous conversation think about something a lot different than a simple video-game.

Josh’ nostrils flared at the little endearment that André had pestered me for years with while I tugged him along past the two men and towards the game room. I chuckled when I felt eyes on me and had to bite my lip when André decided to place his hand on my butt right at that moment.

The ‘feint’ curse rang through the room, followed by Richard talking in on Josh before we made out way in the game room, where Ellie was already looking at a movie. “Oh, hi! Who are you?” she chirped when she looked up and noticed André. He started to say something but I interrupted him by pushing him down on the floor and threw a controller at him.

“He’s a friend and we’re going to play a game Ellie. It’s a no-kiddies game too.” I stated as I quickly slid the ‘Medal of Honor- Tier One’ disk in the console before I found my place beside André. Ellie’s eyes widened before she said, “The blood and shooting game? You know that Sage and Laura play that too!”

She ran off, probably to go find my other siblings while I started up the game and played one round with André, who was sitting a bit close to comfort. Laura walked in soon after Ellie came back, rolling her eyes when she noticed the presence of André.

“I didn’t think you’d actually go through with the idea bro’. You know this can backfire as well?” I glanced at her before cursing when my guy was shot in the game, throwing my hands up in annoyance. “You could’ve told that before I invited someone in! And what do you mean with that?”

“What do you mean with what, Davy?” I pursed my lips and turned around before smiling wickedly when I noticed Josh standing beside Sage, who was looking from André to me and back again. He eventually just shook his head and walked into the room without further question or comment.

My eyes were drawn back to the muscle of a man, who was still standing in the doorway, holding his teammates up until Richard simply pushed him in the room. “So, what’s going on in here?” Declan asked, his brown eyes twinkling with curiosity while his charismatic smile slid over his face.

Sage chuckled, nearly getting a controller in the face when Laura tossed it a bit too enthusiastically towards him before he caught it. “We all have a ritual where we have some game time with the family, though we usually wait with the grown up games when Ellie’s asleep, Davy.”

I smiled innocently at his pointed glare in my direction before I looked at Ellie and blinked dramatically. “Please, please, please dearest sister in the world, can we play this game while you ignore us and do whatever you usually do?” Ignoring the “Hey!” coming from Laura, I kept my attention on Ellie before she dramatically sighed.

“Fine! But I wanna watch a movie and I want to eat some popcorn too! In by bed!” she exclaimed and I quickly agreed before shaking her hand with a serious expression before turning towards Sage.

“You heard her, she wants to watch a movie in her room, plus a large batch of popcorn, pronto!” I added with a snap, creating several sources of booming laughter in the room while Sage glared at me before looking at the puppy-eyed look Ellie was throwing his way.

“Fine!” he said, earning a cheerful “Yay!” from Ellie as she darted towards him, throwing her arms around his neck while everyone took a seat, waiting for Sage to come back from tucking Ellie into bed with her snack.

André chose his absence to flirt a bit with me, obviously ignoring the deadly and ice-cold glares Josh was sending his way as he pawed me from top to bottom. I honestly started to regret my choice in accepting his offer to help be because I felt like some cheap kind of meat he could paw whenever he felt like it.

He obviously mistook my warning glance for a sign to continue as he reached forwards to claim my lips while I tried to lean back, being trapped between him and the couch. Just before his lips could make contact, André was ripped away from me.

My eyes widened as André was heaved up by his waistband and the scruff of his neck before Josh promptly took him out of the room, followed by my brother and me. “Unhand me you péquenaud! I won’t have this! My father will-“ André was shut down quickly when Josh kicked open the door and literally threw him outside.

I nearly laughed at the sight of André sailing through the air before he landed in one of the rather spikey bushes in front before Josh turned to Sage. “Make sure he stays out, because he’s pushing my buttons to the limit.”

My eyes landed on Sage, who turned his head and walked towards André, probably to help him but I couldn’t see; the moment Josh had finished talking, he had stormed towards me and grabbed my wrist in a firm grip before I was hauled back inside the house, forcing to follow his lead as I fumbled behind him, my curls bouncing around my head when I nearly tripped several times.

A blur of movements and then I was pushed into a room before I was backed up against a wall, being faced by a pissed-off Navy Seal, his normally flirting eyes now dark with jealousy and possessiveness.

“What. Was. That? Why was that boy pawing you like you were his property?” he demanded in a tone that didn’t sound anything like his normally playful jabs. It was now that I remembered Sage’s words and I gulped.

Oops.

---Sage’s POV---

I sighed when I heard the front door close with a click behind me before I leaned against the solid wooden door and closed my eyes. Davy and his damned plans…André had been furious about being thrown out like this and had stomped off our property, cursing in his language whilst making obscene and rude gestures towards me.

A small sound made me open my eyes to see Declan standing in the hallway, observing me closely before he got closer to me, stopping at a respectable distance, though he was closer than during a normal conversation.

“Are you alright?” I smiled at the concern in his voice and the way his eyebrows furrowed before I nodded, rubbing a hand over my face. “Just a bit tired and then Davy’s antics…Well, I can’t say I didn’t expected it but I didn’t expect him to do something like this.”

My eyes looked past the Seal in front of me before I realized that neither Davy nor Josh were present. I groaned and bashed my head against the door, cursing softly as I said, “I hope those two aren’t in the same room somewhere, doing god knows what. I’m really not in the mood to protect my brother’s modesty right now.”

A deep and throaty chuckle exploded in a tempting laugh that rolled up and down in depth and tone, teasing my ears and tempting me to join in. His white teeth shimmered from between the plumpness of his pink lips while he slowly calmed down.

“I wouldn’t worry too much about your brother. Josh has been a lifelong teammate and I know him inside and out. Davy’s little scene has only irked Josh’s natural possessive nature. Though, I can’t say that nothing has happened as they’re both just men, men with urges and instincts.”

I snorted but couldn’t help but laugh. “Well, that’s reassuring.” I added sarcastically. Declan just shook his head and took a step closer, placing one of his hands on my shoulder as he looked in my eyes.

“Look Sage, I know your just being the protective brother but trust me when I say that Davy is perfectly safe with Josh. Okay, they might flirt and kiss and act inappropriate if they get together and Josh doesn’t act like it, but he’s a responsible adult. We all know that you guys just lost someone dear to you and our still mourning. So are we.”

My eyes found his at that bit of information while I felt my own emotions of pain and loss bubble up inside my chest before I swallowed it down again. Crying and moping wouldn’t help us or get dad back

A sudden warmth made me gasp and look up as Declan stepped even closer until I could feel his breath fan over my face, could smell the sweet hints of mint in his breath and the spices of his natural scent. It made me gulp down before I started nibbling on my lip to distract myself from these new feelings I was starting to get.

His pupils dilated slightly before he reached out to brush his thumb over my abused lip before he sighed and stepped back. “You see Sage? We’re all just human but you can trust us to take care of you guys. You can trust me to never overstep your boundaries.”

He smiled once more, the smile I learned to recognize as his characteristic, disarming smile before he turned around and walked away, leaving me pressed against the door with shaking knees, wondering what I was going to do with these emotions.

After a few minutes of recovering, I walked down the hallway and back towards the game room before I thought about it and went back to go and look for Davy and Josh. Better to be safe than sorry; its not that I didn’t trust Josh, it was Davy that I was worried about.

But just when I was about to turn the corner, Josh made his appearance while he held a pouting Davy over his shoulders. I snorted in a laugh when I saw my younger brother dangling over Josh’s broad shoulder, who winked at me teasingly before he walked past me.

Davy gasped when he saw me and tried to get out of Josh’s hold, his auburn curls bouncing with each step Josh took. “Come on bro, help me! Don’t just stand there and- Oh, you think this is funny, huh! Stop laughing and do something!” I laughed even harder until tears started to slide down my face as Davy started ruffling his fists on Josh’s back, gaining no reaction at all.

Josh jerked with his shoulder, jolting Davy back and forth before my brother pushed himself up and glared over his shoulder at the blond Seal, who simply smirked and winked as a reply.

I followed the comic duo towards the living room, where the rest of the family had settled down to look at the TV. Josh however didn’t place Davy down instantly but decided to get himself a drink with Davy still sprawled out over his shoulder.

Davy growled under his breath and then decided to pinch the closest thing he could reach, which was Josh’s butt swaying inches in front of his nose. The man merely looked down at Davy’s hand before he chuckled. “Oh, kinky. I like it, do that again.”

I barked out in laughter, feeling someone chuckle with me as they walked up beside me to watch the show as Davy started cursing and wriggling, his face blushed bright red while Josh was teasing the hell out of him.

Looking up again, I saw Declan standing beside me, smiling warmly at the scene while Laura came into the kitchen to see what all the fuss was about before she started in a hysterical laughter while Davy shrieked at all of us to stop laughing.

Declan noticed my look on his face and turned his head slightly before his smile softened and something else appeared under the surface. I couldn’t pinpoint what it was exactly but I had a feeling that if I would place my trust in him, I’d find out sooner or later.

I smiled back and made my choice; the hell with what everyone would think of me, falling for one of my father’s men. If Declan was willing to try, so was I. Let’s just see how for we could go with this.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 223 9
Hayden West is 17 years old, openly gay guy who lives with his younger 7 year old twin brothers, Hadley and Harper West. Hayden takes care of his you...
1.5M 42.5K 44
Isn't it funny how one minute you're in this perfect bubble, distorted from reality but then like all bubbles it pops and you're left facing the cold...
2.6K 146 18
"Between friends, unspoken feelings can feel like a fragile thread pulled taut; one denies its existence while the other hides behind its delicate we...
76.2K 4.1K 26
It was a battle long fought. No one was winning, but no one was willing to stand back either. We were being hunted, hunted because we cried. Or smile...