Two Worlds: Clash of the Guar...

By YiLinOoi

*Vampires* II *Romance* II *Action* Elli Nilsson is twenty years old when she is abducted as hostage by a hor... More

0 - A Backstreet Boy - Part I
0 - A Backstreet Boy - Part I.5
0 - A Backstreet Boy - Part II
0 - A Backstreet Boy - Part II.5
I - The Blue Portal - Part I
I - The Blue Portal - Part II
II - The Dark Tunnel - Part I
II - The Dark Tunnel - Part I.5
III - Spearwood Sorcery Academy
IV - The Weapon Cellar - Part I
IV - The Weapon Cellar -- Part I.5
IV - The Weapon Cellar - Part II
V - The Clandestine Triad - Part I
V - The Clandestine Triad - Part II
VI - Rock-Fella Mansion
VII - The Hellhounds' Attack
VIII - The Hot Sandstorm - Part I
VIII - The Hot Sandstorm - Part II
IX - Pokkadon Poltergeists' Pub
X - The Singing Mushroom
XI - The Death Stopwatch
XII - A Loyal Vampist - Part I
XII - A Loyal Vampist - Part II
XIII - The Free Ride
XIV - The New Acquaintance
XV - Chilli and Curry
XVI - The Earth Wanderers - Part I
XVI - The Earth Wanderers - Part II
XVII - The Red Merpeople - Part I
XVII - The Red Merpeople - Part II
XVIII - His Lovely Wives - Part I
XVIII - His Lovely Wives - Part II
XIX - The First Kiss
XX - The Cupid Lake
XXI - Debate in Underworld - Part I
XXI - Debate in Underworld - Part II
XXII - The Desert Goblins - Part I
XXII - The Desert Goblins - Part II
XXIII - The Blind Witch
XXIV - A Broken Trust - Part I
XXIV - A Broken Trust - Part II
XXV - The Crazy Whirlpool - Part I
XXV - The Crazy Whirlpool - Part II
XXVI - The Air Bridge
XXVII - Coffin in Ice
XXVIII - The Lost Memory
XXIX - The Vampist's Kiss
XXX - A New Journey - Part I
XXX - A New Journey - Part II

II - The Dark Tunnel - Part II

359 26 18
By YiLinOoi

Vadiraj

October 2, in the year of 8845, Reminis Calendar (RC)

Vadiraj managed to latch his head back onto his neck, just on time to watch the blond wizard take away his bride. He swore he'd avenge his loss, but now he had a crucial errand to attend to. He urged his goons to cast incantations on the suits of chain-mail to make them weigh less.

They didn't fend off the wizard with magic because magic casting was tiring. They needed to reserve their energy to something more pivotal, which had now come to place. After feeling comfortable with the weight, each of them carried a hundred of their new gifts over their back.

Without waiting, they sped towards the Blue Portal, when it had closed up three quarters. Vadiraj saw pamphlets littering the floor along the route. He picked one up and pocketed it before jumping into the portal. Everything after that had been easy. When the Vampists reached Reminis, they stamped their staffs on the ground, and a wide fissure opened up. They dived into it and descended into the Underworld. Vadiraj missed his home. He had been away for too long.

Six hundred years ago, Sir Kodi Myron, a Silver-Born who being the first to open up the portal to the Modern World, had brought back knowledge called science. He had created a tall magic box called elevator and built it in the Underworld. That was a brilliant creation but Vadiraj didn't like to stand in the enclosed space, waiting for his floor to be reached. He had chosen the lowest sixteenth floor as his palace, the most spacious floor of all. 

It would take a long tormenting five minutes to reach it if he took the elevator. However, he appreciated Kodi Myron's brave perspectives. It was such a waste of talent that the wizard died too soon, too engrossed in his unorthodox invention. His death also meant the burial of the knowledge of the Blue Portal and science. If Myron was still alive or even, if he's a pure Vampist enjoying elixir life, he would be a special guest at Vadiraj's home. 

Vadiraj preferred his personal portal. He walked past the elevator. Together with his goons, they stepped into a rainbow-hued aurora instead. The time it took to reach his floor barely exceeded a minute. Wind whisked past Vadiraj's ears as the portal pulled him down. 

Though the portal was descending at great speed, Vadiraj could still see the gory views in the Underworld. Each floor was walled by electrified mirrors so no souls could escape. No fancy chatter within the neighbourhood. He saw naked souls tied onto the ground by tendrils, bitten by venomous pythons. Some souls were placed on the guillotine boards, where their heads were constantly chopped off. Two Grim Reapers continuously feeding their prisoners poisoned drinks.

The souls wailed but no sound came out. Vadiraj found the scene hilarious and smirked.

As the Grim Reapers saw Vadiraj in the aurora, their ferocious face changed to an annoyed look. The Grim Reaper was the only kin that weren't afraid of Vadiraj. Not to mention the Lucifer. They were dead souls, and that meant Vadiraj couldn't do anything to them too. They, however, had to retain a tinge of respect towards him, as he had a good connection with the head of the Grim Reapers -- Fat Bob. He was the only Grim Reaper who found Vadiraj's characteristics amiable. 

When Vadiraj reached the lobby of his floor walled by a tapestry of gleaming onyx stones and dancing ghost fires, a hunchback strode towards him. 

"You've succeeded, My Lord." Dominic welcomed him.

Vadiraj and the other two Vampists dropped the chain-mail on the floor. 

"My Lord, there should be six of you," questioned Dominic in an unease tone.

"They were killed, Dominic. A Black-Born saw the ritual when I opened the portal."

Dominic's shoulders relaxed. "He's just a Black-Born. He won't be a threat. My Lord, I have grave news. You asked me to keep an eye on your sister. I failed. She hasn't been home for days."

Vadiraj sighed. 

His sister used to glue to him like his shadow, tagging along with him and supporting his standpoints. They'd had so much joy living in the cavern when they were younger. Ever since he abducted Elli, she had turned cold towards him. Not because of jealousy, but of sympathy. 

She said a man should never hit a woman. She used to idolize him but from that day onward, she mentioned that he had shattered the image in her mind. She told him that she wouldn't mind being a blood sucker as long as it helped his dreams come true. 

But...

A firm hand shook Vadiraj's shoulder, waking him from of his inner argument. "My Lord, you shouldn't have any doubts. You should listen to the strongest voice in your mind. Those feeble whispers behind your skull will hinder you from success. Do you want me to bring her back?"

Vadiraj stared at Dominic. He was right. A strong man never hesitated in his actions. Raising his chin and wearing a haughty tone, he said, "Let her be. Now go inspect the pitch for me."

Dominic bowed. He waved his wand and muttered an incantation. The chain-mail floated in mid-air. Then, as if being tied with invisible strings, the chain-mail trailed behind Dominic as he vanished into the darkness. Two of Vadiraj's underlings bowed before walking away too.

Vadiraj hurried down the grey ceramic corridor and headed to his bedroom. He couldn't wait to relax. Every time he faced his own army, he had to put on a rigid face, commanding this and that. He had to be a fearsome leader. It was when he was in his private space that he felt truly at home. Standing before the tall dark door, he turned the knob. A huge black shadow pounced on him immediately. It kept licking his face and barking with jubilance.

Crouching next to his four-poster bed, Vadiraj stroked the head of the giant hellhound. 

"Oh Netto, I missed you so much. Have you been a good boy?" 

The hellhound barked and banged its thick tail on the black marble tiles. Its third green eye shone like expensive jade. 

Vadiraj smiled again and said, "Then, you shall be rewarded." 

He snapped his fingers and another figure emerged in his room.

"How may I be at your service, My Lord?" said a bald and old Grim Reaper with a swinging belly.

"Netto is hungry, Fat Bob. Give him a calf."

The Chief Grim Reaper closed his grey, cataract-filled eyes and seconds later, he opened them again. "The feast is ready, My Lord. Netto can now go to the kitchen and enjoy its breakfast."

Netto licked Fat Bob's face before transforming into a wisp of black smoke. Fat Bob cursed and wiped his face with a black handkerchief. Vadiraj ignored him. He snapped his fingers and candles lit up the entire unit. The candles cast their glorious light onto the walls, and the onyx stones embedded into the walls winked like stars. After throwing his cloak at Fat Bob, Vadiraj then walked past a private bath area to his study, and brought out the pamphlet he pocketed.

"What are these rectangular black boxes, Bobby?"

Fat Bob put on his golden-rimmed glasses and studied the pictures. "They are called televisions, My Lord. They are similar to the jukeboxes in Reminis, though they are run by electricity."

"Could you get them here?"

"My Lord, forgive me. The power and the knowledge of the Grim Reapers can help you get anything you wish, but those things have to be made in Reminis. I am afraid we can't shift those televisions here. Why would you like to have them? I can get a fifty-two inch jukebox for you."

"The Modern World is filled with wonderful yet peculiar technologies. Some I like, some I don't. During Elli's captivity, she mentioned of this... television. She said she'd missed lots of dramas."

"My Lord, you shouldn't think of that woman. That's what I hear you constantly reminding yourself of. Or has she melted your heart?" Fat Bob let out a grin.

"I don't know, Bobby." Vadiraj looked at the Grim Reaper. 

Vadiraj could only talk about the topic of building his empire with Dominic. Whenever he wanted to share his personal feelings, Dominic, his Chief Adviser, would reprimand him. But with Fat Bob, he could open up himself without any restrictions.

"If I am not mistaken, My Lord, you've fallen in love. But you can only watch her from afar. You have to fulfill your duty as a leader. If they see you weak, they will betray you."

"What do you mean by that? They respect me and fear me! I will make them pay the price if they challenge my generosity. I must say you bear the same thought?" 

Vadiraj's amber eyes turned fierce.

The Grim Reaper's feet and his walking stick rattled. "Don't get me wrong, My Lord." His voiced, however, was firm. "My loyalty lies to no one but Reminis. I will confront you, yes, even you, if you bring downfall to the realm. But I can see through you. Things will change. Soon enough."

Before Vadiraj could pry Fat Bob to explain further, the Grim Reaper bowed and vanished.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
879K 39.4K 44
***HIGHEST RANKING IN VAMPIRE*** #3 - 26-9-2018 #4 - 13-8-2018 and 23-09-2018 #5 - 29-8-2018 and 5-9-2018 "What happened?" It's all I can muster at t...
3M 137K 44
****COMPLETED**** "You're driving me crazy," I growled, dropping my hand down to her waist then around to her lower back, sucking her earlobe into my...
1.8K 30 22
A 15 year old girl faces the extremes starting from a young age... Abuse, mentally..physically..emotionally.. hatred, depression, suicidal thoughts...