Oh! My Darling Teacher

By lailamehtaab

Meet Shah Brothers... Muhammad Zulqarnain Shah, 27 years old, handsome, humble and one of the best actors... More

Prologue
Chapter#1
Chapter#2
Chapter#3
Chapter#4
Chapter#5
Chapter#6
Chapter#7
Chapter#8
Chapter#9
Chapter#10
Chapter#11
Chapter# 12
Chapter# 13
Chapter# 14
Chapter# 15
Chapter# 16
Chapter#17
Dear Readers
Chapter# 18
Chapter# 19
Chapter # 20
Sorry Readers
Chapter # 22
Chapter#23
Chapter # 24
Chapter # 25
Chapter # 26
Chapter# 27
Chapter # 28
Chapter# 29
Chapter # 30
Chapter#31
Chapter# 32
Chapter# 33
Chapter# 34
Chapter# 35
Chapter# 36
Chapter# 37
Chapter# 38
Chapter#39
Chapter#40
Chapter#41
Chapter#42
Chapter#43
Chapter#44
Chapter#45
Chapter#46
Chapter#47
Chapter#48
Chapter#49
Chapter#50
Chapter#51
Chapter# 52
Chapter #53
I am sorry

Chapter# 21

3.9K 301 21
By lailamehtaab

Hira's POV:

As soon as the boys saw Zulqarnain coming, they all got up and shook hands with him. While shaking hands with Faiq, he glanced at me with a mocking smile???

I abruptly looked away, only to realize he will be sitting next to me as it was the only vacant place left.

Just great!

I want to bang my head on a wall but on the second thought, it will be better if I bang his head on the wall. At least it makes me feel better. It really irritates me how he underestimates me and what's more irritating is that he acts like he is boss of me or a guardian. I shot a glare at him, who was busy talking to Zaid. Suddenly, I felt something on my left side and on turning my head, I found Faiq settling beside me.

Well, Zulqarnain won't be sitting here now...

"Come down." Ahmar ordered everyone and we silently slid down onto the carpet and circle around the table.

I guess luck isn't on my side...

I sighed when Zulqarnain settled himself on my right side. He may have kept a clear distance between us, but it is still uncomfortable. On my one side, I have Faiq and on my other side is Zulqarnain. I feel trapped and the fact that Faiq is my student doesn't make things better as he is tall as a grown man.

"Ladies first." Ahmar slid the bottle towards me, mentioning me to spin and I did so without any objection.

On the first attempt at spinning, the bottle slips from my hand and hit Zaid.

"Butter finger." I heard Ahmar's faint mumble, who is sitting beside Faiq.

I ignore him and hold the bottle again, muttering sorry to Zaid. Everyone starts staring at the bottle as it starts spinning and it stops on Tahir.

"Lanat hai yar! (Damn it, man)" Tahir raised his head dramatically, "Why does it have to be me first every time!?"

"Drame band karo (stop this drama)." Ahmar said and eyed expectantly towards me.

Hmm?

I mirrored his expression, looking at him.

"Ask him." Faiq said.

"Hm? Oh, right..." I turn my face from Faiq to Tahir, who was looking at me.

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare suits me more." He answered.

Oh great! Now I have to tell him a dare...

"Um... sing your favourite song in... Captain Jack Sparrow style." This silly idea popped up in my mind and I said it without thinking.

"Huh?" Was the response of Tahir, on which I only smile in return.

"What kind of dare is this?" He asked.

"If driving a bike bare chest at midnight in a cold December could be a dare, then this one is quite simple." Zaid said.

What???

On hearing Zaid, I looked at each one of my students with wide eyes, who were looking at each other with a nonchalant look and Zulqarnain was just shaking his head, but said nothing. Not even scold them.

When he caught me staring at him in surprise, he puts his elbows on the table before leaning on it and simply said, "They are boys."

Nice reason...

We all turn to Tahir who stood up to do his given task and it was just a matter of seconds before he started singing in the voice of drunken Captain Jack sparrow, with the same walking style. It was an English song but I couldn't make out its lyrics because my full attention was on holding my laughter. His acting was funny and when I couldn't control myself, I covered my mouth with my hand. I had never been a person who laughs wholeheartedly in front of people and because of it, I'm often called 'Stone Face'.

But who cares if it were your only defence against your so-called caring and loving relatives, who loves my Baba's wealth more than his life. How can I forget the day when I overheard my beloved three phuppo-s (father's sister) were discussing how they can put a claim on Baba's property after he died and I get married.

Therefore, I put an end to their planning before they could do anything. I forced Baba to sell his properties, which was another house that he built on my mother's request. The money we got from it was transferred to my bank account, furthermore, I made him leave our old house and give it on rent. My phuppo-s still hates me for this, but...

"Hira?" Zulqarnain's voice brought me back to earth. I rose from my head and find everyone staring at me worriedly.

"Hmm?"

"Are you alright? You suddenly stopped laughing and for a moment, I thought. ..." He didn't complete the sentence.

"Huh? Really?" I asked and Zulqarnain nods in response.

"...Sorry. I... l am fine.... shall we continue?" I said awkwardly.

"No." A masculine voice came from a corner of the room and startled us all. We turn to the source in unison.

Uncle!

I gulped and look at others who were also looking at each other for help.

I am so dead...

~*~

After a few slow-motion scenes, we are all sitting on the sofa and what's worse is that I am sitting beside uncle, staring at the floor while uncle is busy threatening the boys that their punishment could be changed if they wouldn't obey.

"But uncle, we did obey." I heard Zaid's voice and raised my head, "Miss Hira suggested playing."

HUH????

I sensed uncle turning to me but I was only looking at Zaid in shock.

"That's what I was trying to say, dad. Miss Hira wanted to play so we could get to know each other better." This time it was Ahmar.

Who'd play Truth or Dare if they wanted to know about others????

My mind screamed but my mouth remained shut.

"Hira?" Uncle gave me a questioning look.

"Eh? Oh. Yes. Um... actually they said they have finished their homework." I go with their lies. It would look odd to say that all four of them lying and they could get into more trouble.

"No, we haven't." Faiq blurted out.

Huh???

"Actually, Miss Hira said that we all look a little dull today. So she suggested playing a game." Said Zaid.

WHAT?

I stared at them with wide eyes.

How can they lie so easily to my face???

I wanted to yell at them but words refused to come out from my mouth. Not knowing what to do, I lowered my head.

This is utter humiliation...

"Dad, I think it's better to let it slip for today. Hira is also unprepared to take over all subjects' responsibility." Zulqarnain rescued me.

"Okay. But from now on, no games. Or four of you will be studying at different timings." Uncle said in a firm voice, "Ahmar, don't let your friends leave before having dinner and where is your mother?"

"In her room." On Ahmar's answer, uncle got up and leave.

"Excuse me." without waiting another minute, I excused myself and went rushing to my floor.

A strange sadness took over me. How hard it is to live among people you don't know, to keep your guard up every time. How hard it is when you have no one to talk to, no one who can make you feel at home, no one to scold you for being up late at night, no one to be worried about you, no one to embrace you and tell you that everything is fine.

Ami, Baba, I feel lonely...

I drop my head on my pillow and close my eyes, hoping to see my parents. But before they could appear in my mind, sleep embraced me for the second time of the day.

~*~

Zulqarnain's POV:

"Where is Hira?" Ami asked when she finds Hira missing from the scene.

"She went to her room." Almost half an hour ago. I thought she would come back soon, but she didn't.

"Oh. I thought she would be teaching Ahmar and others." Ami looked surprised for some reason.

"Do you need her for something?" I asked her.

"No, I just came to stop her for dinner with us."

"Should I go and tell her?"

"I will go myself. You boys go to the table this instant. I don't want food to get cold and besides, your uncle is waiting there." Ami said, going towards the stairs and we all began striding towards the dining table, not wanting dad to scold us again on dinner.

Being friendly is one thing, but dad has a few strict rules which he follows and makes us all follow no matter what and one of them is to respect food. Reaching late to the dining table or paying attention to another thing while eating is disrespect towards food and ungratefulness of Allah, who provides this to us when there are hundreds of people who are dying due to starvation every day. That's what he has taught us since our childhood.

After a few minutes, Ami also joined us at the dining table but she was alone. Hira didn't come down and on dad asking, Ami tells him that she is sleeping.

Who sleeps at this time???

It's hardly 9 p.m.

"I think Hira should quit her job and rest for awhile." Ami said out of nowhere and all of our heads snapped towards her.

"Begum (Madam/wife)" Dad addressed Ami. He usually uses this word when he disagrees with her on something, "Do you want her to sit idly at home so she could get ill by remembering her past?"

"She is still not doing fine after keeping herself busy either way. It's been a few days since Hira started her job and got into the hospital," My head slowly turned to Ahmar and the others. They quickly looked away as soon as our eyes met. "She's been sleeping since she came back from work and hasn't eaten anything. Right now she is sleeping again and I am sure she wasn't planning on sleeping. Her room's door was unlocked."

Does she lock her room before sleeping???

I don't know why it hit me so hard and I find myself frowning.

"What Hira is going through is hard, even for people like us and she is very young to be handling the hardships of life alone. She needs time and some diversion of attention. Take dinner to her room and make her eat." Dad said to Ami and she nods in agreement. But my mind is still stuck on the point.

Why does she lock her room???

_______________________________

Salam and hello everyone!

And really really sorry for not updating earlier today. Actually I totally forgot that today is Wednesday. Silly me (^^')
So thank you "fabme94" (I don't know her name here ) for reminding me.

For news about updates follow me on Instagram "laila_mehtaab"

So, do you like the chapter? And what is wrong with our Hira? Is she taking stress too much?
Ahmar and boys will stop teasing her?
Zulqarnain will use his head and understand the reason behind Hira locking the door?

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Take Care :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.1K 3.9K 34
"Woh muskurahat bhool hi nahi paata main,woh chehra mere samne se hat ta hi nahi..." "Mohabbat ho gai he usse?" "Nahi. lekin agar phir woh muskurahat...
429K 15.4K 29
Rayyan Ali Khan CEO of Khan Enterprises. Eldest son of the famous Khan Family. A perfect family man. Ayesha Siddiqui Daughter of Pakistan's famous H...
51.8K 1.4K 24
Azra Ahmed Khan, an 18 year old Pakistani, religious and foodie, lives her life quietly with her childhood best friend, Amina despite the absence of...
589K 28.9K 59
COMPLETED!✔🔱✅ "Don't worry little one there is no one here to save you from me, you don't know how desperately I have waited for this moment," he sa...