NaLu: The Story Of Us

By bLaCk_glaSs

Bad boy Natsu Dragneel finds a green haired runaway who isn't what you think she is at first sight. What happ... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
▷▶Chapter 1◀◁
▷▶Chapter 2◀◁
▷▶Chapter 4◀◁
▷▶Chapter 5◀◁
▷▶Chapter 6◀◁
▷▶Chapter 7◀◁
▷▶Chapter 8◀◁
▷▶Chapter 10◀◁
▷▶Chapter 11◀◁
▷▶Chapter 12◀◁
Minna Gomene
▷▶Chapter 13◀◁
▷▶Chapter 14◀◁
▷▶Chapter 15◀◁
▷▶Chapter 16◀◁
▷▶Chapter 17◀◁
▷▶Chapter 19◀◁
▷▶Chapter 20◀◁
▷▶Chapter 21◀◁
▷▶Chapter 22◀◁
▷▶Chapter 23◀◁
▷▶Chapter 24◀◁
▷▶Chapter 28◀◁
▷▶Chapter 29◀◁
▷▶Chapter 30◀◁
▷▶Chapter 31◀◁
▷▶Chapter 32◀◁
▷▶Chapter 33◀◁
▷▶Chapter 34◀◁
▷▶Chapter 35◀◁
▷▶Chapter 36◀◁
▷▶Chapter 37◀◁
▷▶Chapter 38◀◁
▷▶Chapter 39◀◁
▷▶Chapter 40◀◁
▷▶Chapter 41◀◁
▷▶Chapter 43◀◁
▷▶Chapter 44◀◁
▷▶Chapter 45◀◁
▷▶Chapter 46◀◁
▷▶Chapter 47◀◁
▷▶Chapter 48◀◁
▷▶Chapter 49◀◁
▷▶Chapter 50◀◁
▷▶Chapter 52◀◁
▷▶Chapter 53◀◁
◈Sequel◈
◈Sequel out◈
-clearing confusion-
-once again clearing confusion-

▷▶Chapter 51◀◁

154 8 3
By bLaCk_glaSs

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

The dance was now in full swing. Disco lights lit up the dance floor that was crowded with people. Songs blasted from the speakers, manned by the DJ, and people were pigging out at the food table.

Actually, I'm the only one there. Jellal and Erza were already taking control of the dance floor with Mira and Laxus. Levy and Gajeel were shyly talking to each other, and Gray and Juvia were sharing a drink.

And Juvia just dragged Gray out on the dance floor.

Gajeel asked Levy to dance.

My gaze fell on Lucy, who was chatting with Cana. Deciding to take some food for her, I filled a plastic cup with punch and walked over to her, only to stop and stare at this random guy with the nerdiest glasses I've seen by far walk up to her and ask her for a dance.

She declined.

I breathed a sigh of relief and continued walking, but another guy with blue eyes and brown spikes walked up to her and asked her for a dance.

Say no.

Say no.

She looked around, and spotted me stupidly holding a cup and staring at her. She smiled. Oh no.

I ran over with a cup in hand and glared at the guy. "Piss off kid, she's my girlfriend." The guy stared at me for a while, then he laughed.

"Chill. She's my childhood friend. I was going over to say hi. Ain't that right Lucy?" He nudged Luce. Luce giggled and nodded.

Wait.

Whaaaaat.

So I mistook the whole thing.

"Sorry." I muttered.

"Aw you're adorable." She laughed again and poked my cheek. "I always thought you would get a boyfriend before me." The blue eyed guy walked off waving casually.

"Doesn't he mean girlfriend? He's a guy." I whispered to Luce.

"Jace is gay." She shrugged, took the cup from my hand and drank the punch.

"WHAT?" I exploded.

"So he couldn't have asked me out even if I wanted him." She patted me.

I frowned. Then an idea flew into my head.

I left her sitting there and ran to the stage, grabbed the mike, and shouted:

"SUPPPPP PEOPLE"

~Lucy's P. O. V. ~

I stared at the love of my life.

WHAT THE HELL WAS HE DOING?

TRYNA GET EVERYONE'S ATTENTION?

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared at him.

"SUPPPPPP" They all shouted.

They were all nuts.

"HOW ABOUT WE SPICE THIS SHIT UP?" Natsu shouted into the mike. The lights stopped flashing and changing colour. And music stopped.

"HELL YEAHHHHH" Everyone screamed back at him.

"LETS HAVE A SHOWDOWN! A DANCE SHOWDOWN. WINNER GETS TO DO WHAT THEY WANT. DEAL?" Natsu yelled.

"GIMME AN EXAMPLE FLAME HEAD" Gray shouted into the silence.

"WATCH ME ICE FACE" Natsu hollered. Then he break danced right on stage.

I have to admit, he's got moves. He looked pretty cool and he could break dance really well. "WHATS YOUR NAME WEIRDO" The crowd shouted together. Surprisingly they all asked the same thing at the exact same time. Everyone's probably connected in the mind now.

"ITS NATSU YOU FABULOUS PIECES OF CRAP" Natsu roared. I could not say anything. How could I? I'm watching my boyfriend go mental in front of the whole world.

Slight exaggeration.

"WELL NATSU, ITS ON. GIVE US A JUDGE" The crowd went insane.

"I'LL BE SMART AND TAKE OUT THE COMPETITIVE GOOD DANCERS. ERZA SCARLET, YOU'RE OUT." Natsu shouted. Erza gave him a death glare.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?" Erza growled.

"N-nothing!" Natsu squeaked. Erza laughed.

SHE LAUGHED.

"Just kidding. I'll judge." Erza walked up to the stage.

"MIRAJANE STRAUSS."

Wow Natsu, taking the two demons out. Good move.

"LUCY HEARTFILIA."

I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING.

I widened my eyes at him. He smirked. I groaned and went up stage.

"DAMN THE NEW BLONDIE'S GOT A NICE ASS." A random guy shouted. I sucked in my breath and quickened my pace.

"YOURE DISQUALIFIED YA ASSHOLE DONT OGLE MY GIRLFRIEND" Natsu yelled, before continuing.

"MINERVA ORLAND"

"KAGURA"

"ICHIYA"

"LYON"

"JURA"

A loud bellow was heard when Natsu yelled the last name. "WHY ME?" Jura shouted. "YOURE BETTER OFF JUDGING, TO BE HONEST. YOU BUSTING A MOVE WILL MAKE ME LAUGH TOO HARD." Natsu shouted shamelessly. We all laughed.

At times like these, I love my boyfriend.

-timeskip, an hour later-

We were halfway through the competitors. Even girls with long frilly skirts trailing on the floor got the moves. So far we've pretty much decided who would win; Jace. He was the dance king of my elementary school; no one danced better than him.

Soon we were down to the last one.

"Natsu?" I murmured. Natsu stepped forward, grinning stupidly.

That's the stupid grin I love so much. Gahhh.

The DJ blasted a random song. Natsu went freestyle, repeating the same routine over and over again, but each time with a breathtaking quirk. Soon he had pretty might created a flash mob; everyone danced to his moves and beat. Even Mira joined the flash mob.

The competition forgotten, everyone moved in sync to the music. That was the one moment I felt perfection, even thought everything was imperfect. At a Winter Dance, a prom, we had a flash mob; in our suits and ballgowns, we break danced. But that didn't matter. For the time at least, everything went right. Soon I was the only one left on sitting on the stage. Natsu broke off from the crowd and walked toward me. He looked so princely for a second to  I had to remind myself this is the idiot that failed all his subjects and scraped a pass for Math.

"Aren't you gonna join in?" He asked, sitting beside me.

"Nah, I was never one for dancing." I shrugged.

He placed his hand on my cheek and turned my head to look at him.

Then something in my heart clicked.

I realized all the while it had been lust and infatuation that I felt for Natsu. Which was why I didn't feel my heart speed up even when I saw him from a distance away; cuz I didn't want to innocently cuddle. I just wanted to satisfy my hormones.

Well now that I realized it, I felt guilt, but like I said something in my heart clicked. We stared at each other just like we did on the day we first met, when I wanted to stay at his house.

I think he realized the same thing too. His heart clicked too. Maybe it was him in a suit, me in a dress; maybe it was the imperfect moment of perfect sync.

His hand slid from my hand to my chin, and pulled me a little closer. I who was busy trying to tear my gaze from his onyx eyes didn't even notice what he was doing.

This flawless moment of Natsu's and my heart clicking, staring into the depths of each other's soul and comprehend our new found consciousness of each other was so fragile I was afraid someone would ruin it.

But nobody did.

For the first time in forverer, we took time to savour the sensation of slowly meeting each other's portal.

Closer.

Closer.

So close, I could tell the exact shade of his eyes and the exact length of his eyelashes.

Thank you, world, for not ruining this moment.

~Natsu's P. O. V. ~

I brought her chin closer to me. We'd never gone this slow before; slowly, slowly, slowly building up the anticipation and appreciating the point in time where we dawdled. We were so close that I could rub my nose against hers.

If anyone ruined this moment of Feelings-Realization, the kid would not live to see tomorrow.

I waited excitedly for the moment where her lips would land on mine.

~No one's P. O. V. ~

Lucy's lips brushed Natsu's, bringing a shiver of thrill to the couple. They inched closer to each other until their bodies were almost squashing each other and Natsu brought one arm around Lucy's waist. Lucy wrapped her arms around his neck, and....

Their lips found each other. This time, they didn't bother on deepening it. They just let the taste of the close-mouthed kiss linger on their lips instead, enjoying the short minute they had. Neither of them dared to destroy the innocence of the kiss by hinting for more and pushing the limits.

What they didn't realize

Was that

Everyone

Had stopped dancing

And were staring at the beauty of a shy and innocent couple, sharing a kiss in front of the whole world that they didn't even knew were watching.

I did it. I uploaded two in one day. AN IMPROVEMENT, HALLELUJAH.

Thanks for reading :)

Love you all 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

431K 14.3K 50
Lucy Heartfilia and Natsu Dragneel are best friends since they are young. They are always together. They do everything together. They don't keep secr...
216K 4.5K 34
Natsu is your typical hormonal teenage boy in high school. He's the schools bad boy and heartthrob but he's also a heartbreaker and a sex addict. But...
121K 2.3K 16
During Lucy's birthday party, Natsu gets drunk so Lucy takes him to her house. Kinky stuff happens, and six weeks later Lucy takes a pregnancy test...
17.3K 289 12
Natsu and Lucy are in love with each other, but fail to realize their feelings. This all changes when one of the best friends, Lucy, has a dream. The...