CAUTION: Handle With Care

By janjanae

More

CAUTION: Handle With Care

980 29 25
By janjanae

WARNING: This does not contain violence, but is suggestive to it and not recommended for under 12s. I would also not recommend it if you have been attacked anyway (and are not over it) as this may be upsetting.

AN: Hiii this is my first story and first story on Wattpad. I have tried to make this as creative as possible, and have not copied anything I've seen. Please, after reading this can you vote or comment? Fanning doesn't matter much to me, I would just like to know people are reading and enjoying my work. Please criticise too, and not just give up on my story. Private message or comment them! Soo, VOTE, COMMENT and maybe FAN! :D

Janae xx

EDIT: I just realised that the part is called 'I Love Mondays', even though it's set on a Thursday. Buuut i'm too lazy to change it. sooo, sorry. :D

CAUTION: Handle With Care

Part 1: I Love Mondays.

Izzy

I rolled over and sighed. I couldn't sleep. I looked up at the stars my best friend Will had convinced me to paint on my black ceiling, Last night events were too dramatic to get out of my mind; they kept playing like a twisted film stuck on repeat. So, I gave up trying to sleep, and hauled my body out of my bed. I decided to get ready for school and I tip-toed to my bathroom. I shut the door, and looked at myself in the full-length mirror on the back of it. I looked a mess. My long black hair was knotted from when I kept running my fingers through it. My eyes were red and small from the constant rubbing. My eyes then travelled up and down my body till I saw my arm. I gasped. There was a massive purple bruise visible on my upper arm. I gently touched it and winced. Then the memories from last night came rushing back into my mind. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply. I started to silently sob and walked into the shower to wash 'him' off me.

After the long shower I started getting changed for school. I decided to throw on a tatty t-shirt that I reserved for weekends and some old paint splattered jeans. I pushed my hair back to a low bun and forgot about putting on makeup. I didn't feel like bothering to look nice, there was no one to impress. Skipping breakfast, I quickly grabbed my bag, my keys, my iPod and a bottle of water, as I wanted to leave before my mum could ask questions. I started to walk towards Deep Fried Jim's. Will got a new job at the local diner during the summer, and we started a new tradition that I would meet him before school and we would go together. The February air was damp as I started to jog, and my eyes felt heavy from the lack of sleep. I put my iPod on shuffle and 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' by Oasis started playing. I sadly smiled to myself at how ironic it was.

As I got through the door, I waved at Jimmy; the owner of Deep Fried Jim's himself. I would usually sit and eat breakfast, but I didn't have an appetite. Jimmy looked at me oddly as I sat down in a booth at the back. I did a quick once-over of the diner and looked at the familiar white floor tiles and the red leather seats. I soon spotted bright blond hair and realised it was Will. He was leaning over wiping tables. I sat back and closed my eyes. A few minutes later, I heard Will sit down across from me and glanced at him. He scanned my appearance and looked up at me with worry in his pretty blue eyes. He started with the part I was going to dread, the questions, "Erm, Izzy are yo-" I automatically cut him off; I didn't need his protective 'big brother' side right now. "Yes, I'm fine" I said sharply with no emotion. Maybe I looked worse than I felt. I looked down at my hands, avoiding Will's face and kept rubbing the bottle between them. After few minutes of trying to escape Will's quizzical gaze, passed and I looked up, and saw him looking at me with an odd look of confusion, "let's go" I told him. His caring look was making me paranoid. I waited for Will to put his apron away and grab his bag, and we were finally walking off to school. I didn't notice that we were walking in silence till we got to school; I was so deep in my own thoughts about the previous night. I didn't know what to do, and who would believe me.

Will gave me a quick hug goodbye. His touch on my arm made me cringe away, as I hissed in pain. I hope he didn't notice. Awkwardly, we whispered our "byes" to Will as we went our separate ways; our lockers were on different sides of the school. I have never been so pleased to be without him. I know he knows I'm hiding something from him and lying. That silence was making the situation feel worse. I opened my locker and a note fluttered out. I bent down to pick it up, and, as I was standing up I banged my head on my locker door. I muttered an "ouch", opened my eyes and saw Dylan. I swiftly pushed the note to the bottom of my pocket. Even though I was anxious to see what it said, but I didn't want Dylan to ask questions. I settled with reading it later. We were good friends and had a few lessons together. His eyes slowly swept over my appearance, and frowned like he saw something wrong. I noted that he began to think hard. I gave him a weak smile, and suddenly felt self conscious and looked at my feet. He knew that this meant I didn't want to talk about it now, and I was grateful. We continued to walk to registration silently.

I was the first in my Art class, so I casually strolled to my regular seat at the back of the room. I sat down and placed my bag underneath my feet. Trying not to distract the teacher, I discreetly slide the note out of my back pocket. I anxiously opened it and read, 'Aww, come on baby, you know I love you'. I blinked trying to hold back tears and read it again to make sure. Feeling light headed, I went to ask Mr Evans if I could go to the bathroom. When I got to the toilets, making sure they were empty, I locked myself in a stall and cried. After I calmed down, I made myself sick. And, because of my empty stomach, I brought up just stomach acid. I cleaned myself up, and walked back to Art, pretending that I was okay, and everything was normal.

Will

After we wandered into school, I walked to my locker in deep thought. I was really bothered about Izzy. She gave the impression that she was on edge about something, but I couldn't figure out what. I have known Izzy since the first day of Year Seven when she saved me from bullies. And now, in Sixth Form, I knew everything about her. Izzy was normally loud and bubbly, but I'm scared of what could have upset her this much.

I went to my first lesson, Maths. I took me quicker than usual to drown out Mrs Greene's dreary babbling about quadratic equations. A large part of my mind was on Izzy. I was confused about this morning. She didn't look in my eyes when she spoke to me, like she was waiting for someone. She was dressed differently, not wearing her usual skinny jeans and Converse. She drew back from my hug, instead of letting me lift her off the ground in a complete bear hug. Very deep down, I was worried she didn't care about me anymore. Izzy had never left something that was worrying her from me for so long. I smiled as I remembered she would always look after me when I broke down in front of her. Mentally slapping and telling myself to get a grip, I sat up finally trying to concentrate on quadratic equations.

After many minutes of forcing myself not to worry about Izzy, the lesson was completely finished. I began to rush over to the Common Room. On my way, I saw Dylan, and shouted down the hall for him to wait for me. Earlier this morning I saw him with Izzy, and thought that he might have an idea of what's wrong. "Hey, do you know what's up with my baby girl?" I asked him. Every one knew she wasn't my girlfriend, and that we cared about each other so much. "No. Mate, I was gonna ask you the same thing. She has been really odd." He frowned, and I noticed that he was trying to concentrate on remembering something. "When I saw her this morning", he continued, "a note fell out of her locker and she quickly hid it from me. She seemed really distant". This made me start to wonder. "I've gotta go, see you at lunch" he said, braking my trance. I continued to roam to the Common Room with my hood up, my iPod on and deep in thought.

I walked into the Common Room with my head down. As soon as I looked up I saw Izzy with her boyfriend, Alex. Alex had been completely in love with Izzy from when they first met in September, and they had been going out since. She was sitting on a table looking upset and he was standing in front of her. They were both staring at each other intensely, deep in conversation. Alex said something and Izzy looked down and hesitantly nodded. A small tear fell slowly down her cheek and Alex swiftly wiped it away. He spoke again, and she looked away, unsure. He gently moved her face upwards by her chin and pressed his lips against hers. She visibly winced away lightly like she did with me this morning. Isabella was never one for Public Displays of Affection, but if Alex was giving her attention, she would never ignore him.

I went over to our usual table, sat down and got my sketchbook out of my bag. I liked to draw when I was feeling emotional, to make myself feel better. Izzy's strange behaviour this morning and just was making me worry. I needed to relax. I sighed loudly to myself, and started to draw. I drew Izzy sitting down, crying, delicate. Izzy then walked over to where I was sitting looking doubtful. Maybe I shouldn't ask her about it now, I thought, she looks to fragile. She sat down with a gossip magazine and started to read. I could see her hands shaking and her eyes not focusing on the page. I looked down at what I had drawn, I disliked it almost immediately. I had drawn her too timid, too weak. This scared me, she was always the strong one and now she was falling apart.

Izzy

I sat in the school dining room concentrating on the apple I had bought. It sat there staring back at me. I wasn't hungry, and the thought of eating made me feel sicker. I needed to be sick. I stood up, leaving the apple, picked up my bag and said 'bye' to everyone. Alex stared at me looking upset, but I ignored his glare and carried on walking out of the room. I was heading towards the toilets, when I felt someone firmly grab my wrist. I instantly knew who it was, and, without turning around I whispered, "leave me alone Will. I just need some time." I felt his grip loosen; I shook my arm away, and carried on walking to the toilets.

I double checked that all the stalls were empty, and no one followed me in. I ran into the end stall, locking the door behind me. I caught my breath back as I stared and the toilet bowl and deeply sighed. I put my two first fingers down my throat and waited for my reflexes to catch up. I leaned over the bowl, and expectedly vomited without getting it everywhere. I leaned my back on the door and started to cry. Big hearted sobs left my eyes. I got my water bottle out of the pocket of my bag and rinsed my mouth out. Quietly laughing to myself, I walked over to the sinks, washed my hands, got out my hairbrush and started to brush my hair. Someone started to loudly and aggressively knock on the toilet door, and I let them barge in. "There you are, everyone's worried", they gently said. They walked up to me and stared intensely into my eyes. I was scared, but they didn't need to know that. I couldn't show weakness now. They whispered in my ear, sending sharp shivers down my spine. "What lovely hair you have, Isabella". I whimpered. I hated the way they said my name. They took the brush out of my hands and started to stroke my hair. I started to cry again, knowing this was the calm before the storm. They suddenly grabbed it and pulled, hard. I yelped. They continued to hold my hair and banged me harshly against the stall doors. I screamed. "Shut up! Why did you leave?" they asked. Bang. "Why did you make a fool of me?" Bang. I thought that it was best to stay silent. "Answer me bitch!" They banged me against a door again, harder. I still didn't want to talk. More tears left my eyes. "You'll regret that" they whispered in my ear. They let go of my hair, and my knees gave way as I collapsed onto the floor. I lay crying while the pain eased up. I found my brush, dragged myself up and looked in the mirror. I quietly hummed 'Stop Crying Your Heart Out' as I brushed my hair and washed my face. Still humming, I walked to the Common Room, preparing to skip my afternoon classes.

My fingers hovered over my laptops keyboard. I was sitting cross legged on my bed, with my laptop in front of me and my coursework finished. I was trying to do some research, but I couldn't admit it to myself to type it in. I sighed, and my cat, Smudge, jumped onto the bed next to me and purred. I softly giggled as her vibrating tickled my leg. My phone buzzed as it received an incoming text. It was Will. 'Where were you this afternoon??' Smiling at Will's attentiveness, I quickly replied. 'I didn't feel well. Friday tomorrow should we rent a DVD??' I shut my laptop, and walked to my wardrobe putting on a tank top and finding some pyjama bottoms. I glanced over at the mirror and looked at my bruises. They covered my arms and back, making me feel ugly. Feeling too exposed, I put on a long-sleeved top and climbed into bed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...