Black Rose

By -starsailor

"she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her." - Rupi Kaur. Started: August 6, 2... More

Prelude.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
Postlude.
New Book.

25.

7K 498 409
By -starsailor

Maj in the mm.

"Where's my shoes?" I rushed around the hotel room.

I sucked my teeth when I realized they were by the bed the entire time. I overlook almost everything.

I threw my large jean jacket over my body before shoving my phone in the pocket and rushing out of my hotel room. I arrived back in NYC early this morning. I slept most of the day away even though it's Thanksgiving. I of course have no family to spend it with, but Jermaine was nice enough to invite me to his family's home for dinner. I felt bad because it seems as if I'll be invading their family time, but Jermaine's mom, Gloria, took his phone from him and talked to me. She promised me it was okay for me to come. I still feel bad though, but it's better than staying in a hotel room and watching movies on my fire stick.

"Happy Thanksgiving." I smiled as I jumped in Jermaine's truck.

"Happy Thanksgiving." He returned the kind gesture. "I'm ready to eat until I can't roll over. Swear a nigga love Thanksgiving."

I laughed and agreed with him. His last sentence made me think of Tobi. I wonder how she's doing and what American family she's with for this holiday.

Is Keiara in Florida with her family?

Maybe I should text her..

No. She's always trying to talk shit about Alex. He's also my husband now and I don't want or need to hear about someone talking bad about him. I'll probably go crazy.

Jermaine's mom lived outside of the city. I enjoyed being outside of the city. I could actually appreciate the autumn leaves.

I hopped out of the big truck and shut the door behind me. I joined Jermaine's side as we walked up the rest of the driveway and to the porch. Jermaine held the screen door open for me before pushing the front door open. I was greeted by the smell of food cooking, it smelled lovely.

Eating red meat today won't hurt.

No one was in sight, but I'm pretty sure Gloria's in the kitchen. Luckily, for me, the only family members attending the Thanksgiving dinner is Jermaine, Gloria and Jermaine's sister Lorraine.

"Momma!" Jermaine's husky voice shouted as he closed the door.

Foot steps brushing against the hardwood floor could be heard before she came in view. "Boy if you don't- oh, hello." She smiled as her eyes landed on me. "You must be Majesty. I'm Gloria!" She pulled me into a big hug.

A giggle left my lips as I returned the hug. "Nice to meet you." My eyes gazed between her and her son. "Wow, you two look so much alike."

"Yep." She smiled up at Jermaine, who towered over her. "This is my big baby."

I awed as Jermaine hugged his mom and gave her a kiss on the forehead. Something I wish I had.

Gloria informed us that dinner wouldn't be ready until another hour or so. "And don't take her up to your room J. Don't want none of that shit going on in my house."

"Ma," he rubbed the back of his neck as embarrassment covered his face. It covered mine also. I mean, I am married. "It's not even like that. I told you she's a friend of mine."

She hummed something before going to the kitchen. Jermaine laughed a little and apologized for his mom. I brushed it off because if it's embarrassing to me I know it's embarrassing to him.

Jermaine and I ended up going to an extra bedroom.

"This ain't even really a guest room. It's just some lil room my momma set up."

I smiled. "I like it. It seems all warm and comfy. Giving me autumn vibes."

Jermaine chuckled and sat down next to me. I laid on my side with my face in the palm of my hand.

"Your pictures came out nice." He sparked up a conversation. "You wanna see them?" I sat up criss-cross apple sauce and nodded anxiously. He let out a raspy laugh before pulling out the manilla envelope.

He handed the pictures to me and I quickly took them.

"These turned out good Jermaine, oh my god."

"Nah, I think it's the model." He laughed. "Which one's your favorite?"

I squinted as I went through the many pictures multiple times. I'm so indecisive..

"This one." I showed him the picture.

"Which one's yours?"

He took the pictures from me while humming a 90s song Gloria's playing from the kitchen.

"This one."

Gloria's voice echoed throughout the house as she called for Jermaine. He excused himself and went to see what his mom wanted.

I took this time to look around the room. A small tv was placed on a wooden tv stand. On the stand were pictures. I got off of the day bed and stared at all of the pictures. I picked up one picture in particular because it caught my eye. It was of Jermaine and... Raymond?

"How..."

I held the picture close to my face then sat it down. I then realized Raymond was in another picture, but with Jermaine's sister.

How does Jermaine know my ex?

Jermaine walked in on me holding a picture of Lorraine and Raymond. I quickly placed the picture back, but it was too late. I was caught.

He made his way towards me and picked up the picture also. He stared at it with a small smile on his face.

"Damn, I really haven't been in this room in awhile." He chuckled lowly.

"Is that your brother?"

They can't be brothers. I would've known about Jermaine if they are.

"Nah." He shook his head. "Cousins. Our moms are sisters." My eyes widened at that. How did I never end up meeting Jermaine through Raymond? "But bro is resting up in heaven right now."

"I'm sorry for your loss." I placed my hand on his shoulder, squeezing it slightly.

He forced a smile on his face and glanced down at my hand. I quickly removed my hand, hoping he didn't see it.

His eyes burned a hole in the side of face, but he stopped once his mom walked in. She looked at us weirdly but announced that dinner was ready. Jermaine and I went to the bathroom to wash our hands before joining Gloria and Lorraine at the table.

I somehow convinced myself to stay away from red meat. Eating red meat wouldn't taste right anyways since I haven't eaten it in so long.

"So, Majesty, you go to NYU also, right?" Lorraine asked, trying to break the awkward silence.

I nodded my head and swallowed the food that was in my mouth. "Yep, majoring in literature."

"Why literature?"

"Lorraine." Gloria glared at her daughter.

"No, it's fine." I laughed a little. "Almost everyone I know hates literature. But I love it, I don't know why." I admitted. "I just feel like you can say so many things in one sentence."

I remember my maw maw saying words mean everything. One word can change someone's whole perspective of you.

"So, you want to like write books?"

I shrugged. "Some day."

Jermaine changed the conversation to college basketball. My favorite college sport. Actually I only watch college sports. Professional sports are boring to me.

"NYU basketball sucks." I laughed. "They're NCAA division three."

"Wonderful school spirit." Gloria chuckled.

We all laughed along with her.

Thanksgiving dinner with them is turning out better than I thought. It's not awkward at all.

I learned that Lorraine is twenty nine and work in one of those 'boring offices you see in the movies'. Gloria also works at the same building as her daughter.

"Thanks for coming." Jermaine hugged me as we stood outside of the hotel building.

"Thanks for inviting me." I smiled.

"It was no problem." He brushed it off. "Oh, and once break is over you can hand your pictures in to Ms. Bennet. I have another copy for my teacher."

"Okay." I nodded. "I guess I'll see you around."

Jermaine went to pull me in for another hug, but he was yanked back by his shirt. Jermaine fell on his butt as a figure hovered over him. The person's hand kept pounding into Jermaine's face. I didn't know who it was until I noticed the familiar ring.

"Alex, oh my god!" I backed away not sure of what to do. "Get off of him! Stop!"

I tugged at his jacket but he pushed my hand off of him. Alex turned around, pointing a barrel in my face. My heart stopped as he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Go inside Majesty." He demanded while practically choking Jermaine. I opened my mouth, but he shouted at me out of frustration. "Get the fuck inside!"

I didn't even glance at Jermaine. I ran right into the building and went up to my room. My breathing was uneven as I placed my back on the door, trying to catch my breath.

Why the hell does Alex have a gun?! And why did he pull it at me?! If anything, pull it at Jermaine!

I squinted my eyes as I tried to look at them from my room, but I was too high up. And it's too dark.

Minutes later Alex came in the room. I was tempted to run towards him, hug and kiss him and ask him if he's okay. But I fought that temptation. He pulled a gun out at me!

"Why were you with him?" Alex snarled as he now stood in front of the bed. "I fucking told you about him Majesty!"

"I- Alex, I didn't mean anything by it!" I pleaded. "But you didn't have to pull a damn gun at me." I stood up from the bed and stood in front of him. "If you love me then why would you do that?"

"It has no bullets." His eyes pierced into mine as he stepped closer to me. "Look." He pulled the gun out of his sweatshirt pocket and showed me that it was empty. "I would never hurt you Majesty. You know I love you baby girl."

He held my face in his hands, but I angrily removed them.

"Don't be mad at me." He dropped to his knees and squeezed my hands. "Please baby, please?" A sigh left my lips as he hugged my legs tightly. "I would never hurt you baby girl."

"Okay." I sighed once again. "Get up Princeton."

He stood up and held my face in his hands again. His lips inched closer to mine until they connected.

"I love you Majesty. So, so much." He expressed. "I just don't like seeing him touch you. Something's off about him."

"What did you do to him?"

I became worried about Jermaine. He's the one friend I have. He probably won't ever talk to me again. But that's okay I suppose. Alex is the only person I need.

"I just hit him a few more time and told him if he comes near you again I'll kill him." Alex moved a strand of curly hair out of my face. He smiled as he kissed me. Alex placed my hand on his chest. "You feel that?" I nodded my head as I felt the thumps. "My heart beats for you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 120K 61
πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ πš‚π™°π™»πš…π™°π™Άπ™΄, πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴
613K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
3M 76.1K 60
Caira is a young confused female. It's always been her mother and her ever since she could remember. When this dude new Gerald with come along with h...
2.1M 99.9K 31
π™π™π™š π™§π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™€π™£π™š. π™π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™₯π™‘π™–π™˜π™š, π™§π™žπ™œπ™π™© π™©π™žπ™’π™š.