A Little More (Spinoff of Wan...

By _CasuallyMe

For Krystal Marconi, it was a friendship. But to Andrew Sterling, it was more. After college, Krystal returns... More

Chapter 1: More?
Chapter 3: Confessions
Chapter 4: Skipped Meetings
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6: How're We Doing This?
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8: Three Weeks
Chapter 9: She Knows You
Chapter 10: Virgin Sheets
Chapter 11: Titles
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14: Quick Happenings
Chapter 15: Grocery Shopping

Chapter 2: Good Morning Sunshine

1.5K 35 4
By _CasuallyMe

A/N: I promise that I will post the pictures of the characters later! So sorry i side update earlier, but I still love you guys! Not an excuse? Alright, well, that's enough, enjoy!

*~! Andrew's POV !~*

There comes a time, in a friendship between genders, that you just can't deny your attraction. I was Krystal's best friend at all times, but only her lover when we wanted. That's the part I was having trouble with: when we wanted. I found myself wanting more from her. When we kissed during sex, it wasn't anything. Sometimes, I just wanted a random kiss, or a hug, but no. Those were the rules; no affection shown outside of sex.

As my best friend, you would think she would be able to gage my feelings for her. We already have the connection, the deeper stuff, that comes through being friends for ten years. We have the attraction, because there was no doubt that we both were attracted to each other. The only thing we were missing was the love, real love.

I tell her that I love her all the time, and she says it back. But it's deeper than friendship, which is what she saw it as. If we were together, it would be perfect. We know each other well, and we can make each other laugh. Not to mention, our families get along great. I thought when I asked her to kiss me, she would without hesitation. For the past couple of weeks, I thought maybe she wanted more than sex from me. Or maybe I was blinded by my own feelings. Yet again, that was a rule; no feelings. Whatsoever.

And now I found myself in a bar with a bunch of guys I knew from college, throwing back shots. The alcohol took away the pang I felt every time I thought about Krystal. It's not that I love her, I just like her a lot more than I should. I could definitely say that I wanted to love her, but only if she could love me back.

I just shouldn't have let her leave me. We were best friends from freshmen year until senior year. Her, Aiden, my sister and I could not be separated, we were all four basically attached at the hip. Graduation day came, and the only person that would be left behind was Aiden, who is two years younger than us. We cried and cried at graduation. Krystal was leaving while I stayed in New York with my sister. At that time, our relationship was blurry. We didn't know what we felt for each other, so I told her i just wanted to be friends, and I regret it. She left, never once looking back at me.

Tiana and Antonio, along with the rest of what had too become my family waited on the porch for her return. My plan was to make her fall back in love with me once she came back. When she stepped out of the car with Pop, her mom's father, she looked so different. She wasn't that little high school girl anymore; she was a grown ass, sexy ass, woman!

Time went on, and we were promoted to take over her mother's company the following year, it's been about three years since then. We built our friendship back up, because at the time she had a serious boyfriend, but their relationship was long distance. I remembered when he came to stay with them, and I saw the way he got along with everyone, and it ticked me off.

Soon, I forgot all about my feelings for Krystal, and became completely indulged in the publishing company. We had big shoes to fill, following Warren and Tiana, so we got right to work. It took over our lives, and we had no time to date, or even have sex. One night, about two years ago, we decided to come up with our sick and twisted plan, including rules. I couldn't deny that I had created most of the rules. I mean, I was a young, successful, black man in New York, and I couldn't have someone tying me down. We just needed each other for one thing.

The worst mistake came when we got an apartment together. Now, after we sleep together, she gets the idea that I don't want her in there, and leaves. Most of the time, I want to cuddle, and keep her close, but she's out before I can blink.

"What's got you down, man?" Jeff, a fellow frat brother of mine, asked.

"Nothing man. Just work. You know how passionate me and Kr-"

"Krystal, yes we know! Are you sure she's just a friend?" He smirked over the loud music. No one knew about our arrangement except my sister, who knew it was bound to fail.

"Yeah, man. Just friends," I assured, and downed another shot.

"She's really hot! If you don't hit, I might," Trenton interjected, earning a glare.

"Gentlemen, gentlemen! Correct me if I'm wrong, but I sense a little jealousy?!" Harry held his glass up, and clinked it with everyone as they cheered.

"I don't get jealous. She's my best friend," I justified.

"Liar. I'm starting to think your a little fruity! Her body is god sent, and you haven't touched it?!" Jeff screamed.

"If I was gay, I wouldn't be getting laid as much as I do," I scoffed. Whenever we went out, I would get a girl. She would have to take me to her house, of course, because Krys and I decided not to bring any one night stand over. It would've been disrespectful to fuck a random while Krystal was there. It wasn't like it mattered anyways. I tried to sleep with different girls, but none were like her. It would end with me stopping at the second kiss, and apologizing, then telling this sad story about how I am starting to fall for my best friend. Most of then understood, and would kiss me on the cheek before I left.

I mean, what could I say? She made me laugh, and took such good care of me. Krystal held me under control, and talked me out of so many things.

I hated not having a stable relationship. Krystal and I could have everything if she just would've given us a chance. To some, I was living a man's dream: to have a best friend that could rock your world, and there would be no feelings attached. Technically, I could date anyone and everyone I wanted, but I didn't want anyone but her.

I decided to leave early, catching a cab because I was in no way in a position to drive. All I wanted to do was curl up next to Krystal, but no, she wouldn't be having that. I slid into the car, moving over closest to the window.

"Uhm, first and third," I order the driver, handing him whatever bill that was in my hand. It must've been enough, because he pulled off without a word. I grumbled and groaned in the backseat. I had no idea how to handle this situation once I got home. A part of me would have liked to believe that she was up, waiting on me as she often did. I would text or call her when I wasn't coming home, which now was never. I sighed as we neared my building, and the driver stopped.

"Thanks," I mumbled as I climbed out, making sure my wallet and phone were in my pocket. I slowly ascended the stairs leading to our condo, dreading the very moment I opened that door. I wondered why I just couldn't keep my mouth shut, but quickly dismissed the "why's." I did what I did, and now I would have to deal with it.

I unlocked my door quickly, ready to see my beautiful Krystal, but found her laid out on the couch. I forgot she had a date, and immediately, rage rushed through me as I lifted her and took her to her room. I watched her sleep, and saw she was out for good. I decided to jump in bed with her, I blame it on the alcohol. I wake up before her anyways, but if she happens to catch me, I'll, yet again, blame it on my alcohol induced stupor.

I stripped down to my boxers, and climbed in next to her. I wasn't expecting her to cling to my body, resting her head on my chest. I smiled and kissed her forehead before pulling her closer and falling asleep.

*~! Krystal's POV *~!

After Carmen left, I decided to pop a bottle of champaign, and enjoy my night in. I hated to think that Andrew went out, and maybe found some girl. I wasn't thinking of him as more than a friend though, I had determined i didn't want more. I just wanted things to stay the same, I didn't want to mess anything up. But after countless chick-flicks, breakup songs, which were mostly performed by Beyoncé or Avril Lavigne, and glasses of champaign, my guess is that I blacked out. Of course, after my third glass, I was rethinking my feelings for Drew. Honestly, I didn't know what I felt, so I would ignore it until I was definite about my answer.

I woke up, light streaming into my window, and someone's body next to mine. I prayed it wasn't anyone I would regret. I've only slept with two men before, and I guess Drew would be number three. I slowly opened my eyes to see Drew in boxers, and trying to get out of bed. I was sure we didn't have sex last night, because I was still clothed. That means that we cuddled, which was something I was indifferent to, with him, but something came over me that wanted him to stay.

I tugged his arm, and closed my eyes again, not being able to handle the light.

"Stay," I mumbled. He stared at me before hopping back into bed, and pulling me to him. If this is what cuddling with Drew felt like, hell we could do it all day long! I liked the way he held me, his arms possessively around my waist, and my head on his bare chest. I traced circles on his pecks, neither of us speaking because that would ruin it. Just peace, quiet, and my best friend. That's all I could ask for on a Sunday morning.

Sunday. The days we spend with each other. All day Sunday is dedicated to Andrew and I, mostly to watch unrated and explicit horror movies, which, by the way, do not star real actors. The movies were terrible, but we enjoyed watching and laughing, and making fun of them. Those were the things about Andrew I would miss, because no doubt after this, he would be asking questions, and I would too. Maybe that's why I let him stay in bed. Maybe it was because he already confessed his feelings, and there was nothing else to lose. Our friendship was doomed from day one.

I, again, opened my eyes cautiously. But this time, there was no shirtless Drew, which caused a little frustration based groan to leave my lips. I fisted my sheets, thinking I probably scared him away when I asked him to stay, and he left a matter of seconds after I fell asleep. I was scared to get out of bed, but I did, despite my reluctance to do so.

After my shower, and other necessities, I dressed myself, and finally had enough courage to walk out of my room. As I expected, Andrew was cooking breakfast. I silently took a seat at the island, not wanting to be the first to speak.

"Good morning sunshine," he beamed. I couldn't tell exactly what he was thinking. He was acting like what happened yesterday didn't happen.

"Good morning. Why do you always call me that?" I giggle, looking up from my phone to meet his eyes.

"Because you are my sunshine. My best friend that makes my day oh so much better," he teased, and plopped a plate in front of me. I couldn't wait to dig in, but I felt I had to be more polite around him, especially after our cuddle session.

"Last night, did you go out?" I cocked my eyebrow.

"Yeah, me and the guys," he continues flipping and dashing things as I finally begin to eat whatever is in front of me. I instantly moan, but hush as soon as I started, seeing Andrew tense. I did decide to scoff at his friends. They were pigs, and I couldn't be around for more than ten minutes without being almost sexually assaulted.

"Why the scoff?" He smirks, and takes a seat in front of me.

"Well because they aren't exactly the cast of Friends, now are they?" I earn a small chuckle, referring to one of my parents' favorite tv shows. They would make me and Drew watch countless hours of it when we came over. It was funny, to say the least. We enjoyed it, and often I found myself in my best friend's arms, cuddled up every single time. I remember one night where we were all up, watching reruns. I somehow slipped into Andrew's arms, and then slipped right back out, determining that I was too close to breaking a rule: feelings.

"Not exactly... I just think you're jealous," he shrugged, not knowing how far my heart has just dropped.

"Jealous how?" I humor him.

"Well, because you want me. You want to run off together, settle in a small town, get married, which we would only invite my sister because your family is too large for that kind of town. We would do it on a night that both of us are slaughtered, but we would mean it. A year later, you'll be bare foot and pregnant with my kid. You don't want me around them because they'll destroy your dream of our love life. I'm right," he nodded. I tried to fight the small smile that was approaching.

"I only have one problem with that." He rose his eyebrow, waiting for me to finish. "The fact that you included yourself in 'our love fantasy'" I teased. He scoffs of course, then we laugh together. I could do this all day with Andrew. Both of us made comments that we mean wholeheartedly, yet never take it further than a joke.

I wouldn't mind running away with him. And it probably would happen exactly how he said it would, eventually. I knew Andrew and I were bound to be together, but I wanted to push it as far off as I could. Love wasn't my thing, and it never had been.

"So, what is it for today?" He inquired.

"I was thinking we could do something different than the movies. Maybe we can take a trip," I proposed. We didn't do this often, but when we did take a trip for a Sunday, it was a lot of fun. And by fun I mean we would drink, each bringing someone back to our separate hotel rooms, but never doing anything more than kicking them out in the thirty minutes they were there. It would end up with us waking up, walking around a little, and eating breakfast as we tried to recall the night before. We partied hard, and it came at the expense of memory loss.

"What about Atlantic City?" He shrugged, but then his eyes lit up, begging me to say yes.

"No. Nothing comes out of AC but one night stands and illegitimate children," I protested.

"What more could you ask for?" He smirks. I, in return, laugh a little. I would like to remember a Sunday night for once, whenever we decided to go out.

"Nope, let's go to the shore. We could come in late tomorrow?"

"Or better yet, not come at all. The shore it is. Maybe we can actually remember something," he mumbled.

"I was just thinking that," I giggled.

"God forbid that we're having the same thoughts. Next, our periods are going sync," he retorted with a face of disgust.

"Shut up, and get dressed! We're leaving in an hour!" I called over my shoulder, and walked to my room.

A/N: Drew and Krys together for a whole weekend on the shore. Any guess about what will happen? (; COMMENT PLEASE! Picture of Andrew to the side!!

~CasuallyMe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.2K 3.2K 14
In which Alex Castillo attempts to wreck his best friend's relationship. © 2018 millionaires, all rights reserved. cover by violadavis
513K 15.8K 49
"Kara, you're my best friend right?" "Umm yeah?" "You'd do anything for me, right?" "As long as it doesn't involve 10 years in prison, yeah." "Be my...
1.2K 49 37
Between trying to be independent in Uni, fighting nightmares and anxiety, Jane-Tashely had never given love the time of day, she already had her plat...
23.1K 2.1K 39
Pierra Ivy has had a crush on Andrew for the past three years. When an accidental spill aligns their paths together she discovers he shares her feeli...