Hardly A Hero [REWRITTEN ON N...

Bởi SkyHunterXoX

NOW REWRITTEN ON MY NEW ACCOUNT - aprilismissingagain Rose O'Connolly hasn't lead an ordinary life. By day, s... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1: Nerd By Day
Chapter 2: Anti-Hero By Night
Chapter 3: The Crush, The Capes and The Big Revelation.
Chapter 4: The Board of Bad News
Chapter 5: Deadpool is Red, Nightwing is Blue...
Chapter 6: What Is Batman Without His Robin?
Chapter 8: Back To Being Clark Kent
Chapter 9: I Don't Dance, Dont Ask Me.
Chapter 10: The Best Friend, The Bad Guy And The Heist.
Chapter 11: Villains Have Hearts... Just Very Small Ones Made Of Stone.
Chapter 12: Flipped Upside Down
Chapter 13: The Good, The Bad and the Worst.
Chapter 14: The Killing Deal
Chapter 15: Blueprint
Author's Notification ~ PLEASE READ
Chapter 16: Love Spells and Rookie Red
Chapter 17: The Heist ~ Part 1
Chapter 18: The Heist ~ Part 2
Chapter 19: The Heist ~ Part 3
Chapter 20: The Great Escape
Chapter 21: Lets talk, Face to Mask.
Chapter 22: Red Roses and Rom-Coms
Chapter 23: Papa Smurf and Child's Profanity
Chapter 24: The Chemistry Between Us
Chapter 25: To Prom, You Must Go
Chapter 26: Mother Knows Best
Chapter 27: Stranger Danger
Chapter 28: What A Super Surprise
Chapter 29: Midnight Confessions
Chapter 30: The Robin Before Nightwing
Chapter 31: From Beyond The Grave
Chapter 32: Back to Square One
Chapter 33: Unbalanced
Chapter 34: The Tom Cruise Way
Chapter 35: The One With No Plan
Chapter 36: The Beginning of a New Beginning
Chapter 37: Never A Plan Like No Plan
Chapter 38: Villains Don't Fall In Love
Chapter 39: A Changed Person
Chapter 40: Treat 'em Mean to Keep 'em Weak
Huge Update!!!!

Chapter 7: TerraStorm

4K 310 124
Bởi SkyHunterXoX

How I imagined TerraStorm to look ;) Let me know what you think! ----------^

<><><><><><>

My breath hitched in my throat at the sight of Ben in his new disguise. Parts of it were quite similar to mine, like the dark red color.

His body was covered in spandex which wrapped around his arms down to his wrists. Most of it was red with a bit of black detailing around the seams. To complete it, he wore a sleek, full-face black mask that seemed to adjust perfectly around every curve in his well-defined face structure.

He did his signature hero landing and smirked proudly as he looked up.

He was completely unrecognizable.

Perfect.

"How do I look?"

Like a Greek God.

Like a Model.

Like someone a girl only dares to see in her dreams.

"Pretty cool." I nodded my head, impressed.

"Pretty cool? I look badass!"

"Yes, yes. Now, get yourself on the track, we have work to do."

"Embrace this moment, Hawk."

I rolled my eyes.

"You going to the school tonight?" The atmosphere became very tense in that moment. He was serious but his voice held an under-lying tone of desperation.

"Of course. I want to go, I might finally get some answers after all these years."

"You've known for years that you had powers?"

I hesitated, quickly checking with myself that this piece of information didn't give anything away.

"Yeah, it's been a while." I nodded, my lips pressed tightly together.

"Wow."

I hopped off the table that I was sitting on and stashed my laptop and backpack in their usual hiding place; a hole in the ground that I covered with a huge slab of broken-off concrete wall.

"I need to meet up with that jerk that broke into your school in an hour." I sighed.

"Yeah, well, that 'jerk' is dangerous. Be careful."

My heart did a mini somersault while I tried to remain cool-headed.

"I'll be fine."

"Hawk."

Ben lightly grabbed my arm, staring me directly in the eyes and I couldn't help but stare back, confused.

"Seriously," He gave me a stern look. "Be careful."

The eye contact we kept was heavy and I felt myself become victim to an overwhelming wave of his charm. It took a solid ten seconds for me to look away.

"I will. Promise."

<><><><><><>

If there was one thing I had learnt from horror movies, it was to never venture through a large building at dark by yourself...

And that was exactly what I was doing.

I opened the door to the chemistry lab quietly, silently stepping in.

There was no sign of life inside, let alone a villainous Super.

The lab looked weirdly different at night; the moon beamed in through the tall, old-fashioned windows and tinted the room blue, giving it a slightly off, cold atmosphere.

"I thought you wanted to talk?" I shouted, piercing through the silence.

I wasn't going to let some seemingly psychopathic villain get in the way of my confidence.

"I hate it when people are late." I added, hopping onto a lab counter and swaying my feet childishly.

"I wasn't late at all." A deep, throaty voice replied and I shot my head around to where the figure loomed in the shadows of the towering cupboards.

"Do you have to make a dramatic appearance?" I questioned him. "Is it just, you know, in your M.O?"

"Shut up." He ordered sternly, already seeming to lose his cool.

"Rude." I muttered childishly. "Who are you, anyway?"

He took in a deep breath before responding.

"TerraStorm."

Dammit, that is a good name.

He came into view and I was able to get a better look at him. Up close, I managed to see just how good-looking he was.

His hair was black and messy in a casual, boyish way and his deep, grey eyes were enough to make my knees feel like jelly. He didn't look that much older than me, but an amused smirk spread across his face when he realized I was staring.

I blinked quickly, glancing away and coughing awkwardly.

Damn, I wasn't doing well with the whole 'my-heart-is-cold-and-I-feel-nothing' facade thing.

His mask was dark, mimicking the same shape as mine, but it seemed to be painted onto his skin.

"Is that paint?" I asked, gesturing to his general upper-face area where the mask to shadow the top of his eyes.

"No, it's thin fabr- we are off topic." He scowled at me as a childish grin tugged at my lips. "I want to recruit you."

"I don't want to be a part of whatever it is that you are creating." I shot back in a monotone voice, crossing my arms.

"Well, that's not fair. You don't know what I'm doing." His genuinely concerned face slowly morphed into a mischievous expression. "You didn't even hear about the benefits."

"I don't need to-"

"You'll have access to an enormous, underground state-of-the-art HQ with training centers created for every kind of Super, including you."

"I'm trained, thank-"

"Not enough. You pull pranks and get harmless revenge on, who I'm assuming, are bullies, if what your report said was right. Which brings me to the next thing- our plans."

"Do I really want to hear this?" I groaned, my eyes glancing away uncomfortably.

"Oh, you will. We will be world-wide villains, the richest people on the planet. We will start off with something small, like a bank-heist. But not long after, we'll be targeting rich men with too much money and businesses swimming in wealth."

I gulped slightly as he neared, bringing his face closer to my ear until he was only a few inches away. His voice was full of dreamy enthusiasm and I longed to hold the same kind of excitement about my powers, but I didn't.

He smiled wider.

Why were good-looking people so intimidating?

And why was I so overwhelmed with the urge to jump into his arms and beg me to make him his accomplice?

Because I was a teenage girl, that's why.

And, clearly, that's what teenage girls do.

"We will have whatever and whoever we want."

Whoever?

I turned my face to him and I could see he knew he had got through to me... but I resisted the urge to give in.

"I can tell you consider yourself an anti-hero, your report practically screams it. So why did you turn down being a world-famous hero, huh? Didn't think you owed anyone your services? Didn't want to help people that never helped you? I'm sure you had a rough childhood, that's probably it."

I couldn't bring myself to say anything, especially something sarcastic or witty, so he continued.

"Think about the people that hurt you. I bet they'll be trembling to the bone when you get your sweet revenge. Imagine them begging on their knees! Being a villain is ten times more fun than being an average anti-hero. I bet that's why you are one in the first place; you can't make up your mind." His eyes burned into mine, officially grasping my full attention. "So why not join us?"

I saw him in the corner of my eye as he backed away.

"I don't know what's got into that twisted, little mind of yours, but there is no way I'm going to work with someone like you."

I hopped off the table and regained my confidence at the sight of his concerned expression.

"You are right about one thing, though. I don't believe that I owe anyone my services. I don't get satisfaction from doing nice things like that." I moved closer to him. "But I don't think killing people will be able to satisfy me either."

"Come on, don't be difficult. No-one has turned down this offer so far."

"Well," I reciprocated his smirk. "There's a first time for everything."

He stepped forward, dark blue flicks of electricity dancing around his body.

Within a split second, I had several beakers filled with acid hovering in front of his face.

I grinned. I felt like a genius for coming up with that.

"I always envied your powers." He smirked mischievously. "This won't be the last time you see me. But, if you come to your senses and decide to take me up on the offer, give me a call."

He slipped a card into my hand without breaking eye contact and I kept it clasped in my fist. For some reason, I didn't want to throw it in his face. Instead, I slipped it into my pocket and started striding towards the exit.

I heard a swift whoosh behind me and when I turned around, he was gone.

<><><><><><>

A/N:

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNN!

What did you think of this chapter? Any suspicions?

Anyway, thank you for reading, you guys are the best! Don't forget to drop a comment and maybe even fill in that little, empty star if you are feeling generous.

Until next time!

~SkyHunterXoX

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

254K 12.7K 34
When you're a teenage undercover as a part-time superhero you have three options: You can pull on the nerd/geek high schooler or a bad boy/outcast ty...
58.4K 3K 36
I'm not like wonder woman, supergirl or catwoman. The only similarity we share is that we all have an extraordinary ability and are females. Many peo...
2.5K 185 31
Everything in me felt drawn to him. He was water, and I was lightning. And when we worked together, it came as a great shock. -.-.- "I don't trust yo...
163K 10.9K 25
Oliver Storm is just your average American teenager. Well, unless you count the fact that he's actually White Lightning, sidekick to the notorious su...