Falling from the Top

tarasreadingcorner által

Ariana is the queen of high school. Captain of the cheerleading squad, dating the most popular guy and people... Több

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
A/N
A/N
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
NEW STORY A/N
A/N
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Epilogue
NEW STORY

Chapter 8

1.2K 34 10
tarasreadingcorner által

Nina's P.o.V

My eyes were glued to Ariana's face but she didn't budge. We sat in the canteen at our usual table. Like always, Ariana sat on the end, Linda and Cherry on her left, Ava and one of her friends on her right. I was positioned opposite to her and yet she managed to ignore me beautifully.

Linda was once more exposing her dream of being school president, even though Ariana pretty much destroyed it last time. I mean, I agreed with her but Linda would make a good president. Before she became part of the "crew" last year, she was really involved in school and had one of the highest grades. Today, she had less time to focus on all that school stuff due to cheerleading and well, Ariana.

It was weird... For the past few weeks, Ariana had been distant. Not that she stopped exposing her opinions or shut the hell up but on the weekends, she seemed to be pretty occupied. It was odd considering she didn't have a boyfriend or spent time with her family. Was there someone else?

I was meditating on the matter when she suddenly got up and stormed out of the caf, Linda being her. I got up to follow but after the hate stare Ariana shot me,  I thought it wiser to stay seated. At least, she acknowledge my existence. Linda looked at me with an apologetic smile while Cherry catched up with Ariana, asking her what she thought of her new manicure.

Ava was caught up in her chat with her friend. I didn't know her but she hanged at our table nearly everyday. I couldn't understand how come Ariana allowed her to sit with us when she barely even knew her name. But then again, Ava and Ariana's relationship was different.

A few minutes after Ariana, Ava and J-something left the table. Ava asked me if I wanted to join them but they were heading to french class and it being on the other side of the building, I declined. However, I got up and headed to the ladies to freshen up.

I washed my hands and fixed my messy bun. I added a layer of lipstick- Kylie Jenner of course, and blew a kiss to my reflection.

I had barely stepped outside when my eyes locked with grassy ones. Etienne! My heart jumped and I smiled. He smiled back and headed in my direction.

Etienne was beautiful. He always had been. Last year, when he asked me out, I was close to euphoric. Unfortunately, Ariana always had something to say when it came to boys and she persuaded me to refuse him. I was devastated and yet I knew she was right. Girls like me could never be with a nerd like him. Simple logic.

However, now everything was different. Friday, when I saw him coming with Ariana, I twas on the verge of fainting. She even asked me to take care of him! She approved of him now that his glasses and braces sent their last regards. Our story wasn't over...

Ok, I know what y'all are thinking: why did I make him drink? Simple question, simple answer. I was already out when he arrived and I simply proposed him a drink, he said yes, we got drunk.

"Hey!" I greeted.

"Hi..." Gosh his voice was sexy. Low and yet a bit raspy...I shivered.

"Did you see Ariana yet?" I asked. I knew that him being drunk was a bad thing for Ariana and I really hoped that he didn't get into too much trouble, because of me.

He cleared his throat and ran a hand at the back of his neck. Adorable. "Yeah I did. She was mad at first but we're cool now."

Wait what? I raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you're talking about Ariana? Cause she's not the understanding kind of person."

He chuckled. "Well I had to apologize about a thousand times..."

I giggle and he put his hands in his pockets. "I should try that. Anyway, how you been?"

He frowned a little. "Since Friday, you mean?" I blushed a little embarrassed but still managed to nod. "Good. I thought about you."

I blushed slightly. "You have?"

He grinned. "Yeah. I was thinking about you sitting next to me, possibly at the cinema...?"

I raised an eyebrow. "You asking me out?"

"Could be." He was more confident than last time he asked me out. He used to stutter and look down. I thought it irresistible but this new him made me feel all numb and I liked it...

"Well then, it's possible I might even say yes." He smiled widely. "What about Saturday night?"

He looked down at his feet and took a second to answer. "Well, Saturdays are... uhm... family only. But Friday would be good. I could come and watch your cheerleading practice and take you out from there."

"YES! That would be perfect." Oh my gosh! This was it. I couldn't wait to tell the girls, well the ones that were willing to talk to me. What about my outfit..?

He started to walk away. "Well I should go to class."

I didn't want to see him leave yet. "I'll come with you. You have french right?"

"Yes. How do you know?" Etienne was walking next to me one hand holding on to his bag back. There was no way this guy could be this smart and yet, this hot.

"Ariana told us you guys had french together."

We walked slowly to the french department and I enjoyed every second of it. I might be late to my next lesson but who cared? We stopped in front of the room and I could see Ava leaning over to her friend showing her new bracelet.

"This is it." He said softly.

"Yeah..." I looked into his eyes but something behind his shoulder caught mine.

By something I meant Ariana.

She stopped by us, only to say hi to Etienne, shoot me with her deadly eyes and walked into the room. Etienne followed her with her with his eyes and his face expression changed. It was something different, there was no smile nor hate in his eyes. Something I've never seen before on his face or on someone who looked at Ariana. I was startled... Why I couldn't say.

As soon as she passed the door and was out of his vision, he turned his gaze back on me. A huge smile invaded his face and I was his reflection. He slowly bent down, lightly kissing my cheek and with a wink he entered his room.

Oh my...

Ariana's P.o.V

Nina and Etienne stood there like two idiots. They really would make a great couple and yet I couldn't help but think he was too good for her. I stopped next to them, clearly ruining a moment.

"Hi Etienne." I smiled like the cheshire cat. They both looked at me waiting for my next move. I simply continued my way to french class.

I saw Ava sitting with,... Jelena I think it was. She was a cute, blond girl. She came for Serbia and was quite tall. She was a little chubby but it wasn't too noticeable. I was beginning to like her. Don't ask why I knew so much about her when never even talked to her!

They both nodded at me, smiling. I nodded back and sat at my usual table. Etienne entered not long after, red like my lipstick. Dork!

"What happened?" I asked as he sat next to me, even though I told him a hundred times to find his own desk.

"Nothing..." He avoided my gaze, getting his new copy of "Français pour les nuls" since I was still using his old one.

"C'mon. You got to try some of your new tricks?" I teased.

"What? No! How do you think I am? I want to take things slow, you know. I'm not like..." He interrupted himself when he realized that I was simply messing with him.

I was laughing my ass of. Seriously, that boy took everything so... seriously.

"Then why do you look like you just ate a chill pepper?" I asked catching my breath.

"I just asked her out and she happened to say yes."

I was impressed. I punched his arm, softly. "Way to go, Nerd!"

Is it weird that it felt like I just punched myself in the heart instead of his arm?

Mr. Delacour interrupted our little chat, dropping his books loudly on his desk.

"J'ai des bonnes nouvelles." He began and I focus real hard to understand. "I talk to the principle and he has approved. In three weeks, on part en France! On va à Paris!"

We were going to Paris? Heaven could wait! This was the best thing that happened to me all week - well we were still Monday but still.

I turned to Etienne a happy smile on my face. "Oh my God! I can believe this!"

"Calm down everyone," Mr. Delacour continued. "Since we are a small class, we have agreed to leave for a whole week. We are going in a small hotel in the centre of Paris. You'll simply have to get this autorisation signed by a parent or tutor." He handed out the sheet, before turning to the front again.

I was in such an excitement that for once, french went pretty fast. When the bell rang, I wasn't in a rush, instead I slowly packed my books in my new Louis Vuitton. Etienne was doing the same.

"So we are going out on Friday, since we have our lesson on Saturday."

I shrugged. "We could've moved it, you know." It was actually sweet that he thought of me... Why is my face heating up all of a sudden? I might have a fever...

We exited the room together and we said goodbye in the corridors, considering he had physics and I had theatre. I was pretty good at acting... Odd right?

I met Toby on my way there.

"Hey girl..." he said seductively.

I moved closer to him and rested a hand on his shoulder. "Hey..."

I haven't seen Toby since his party and I can sure say I missed him.

"So I thought you could come over tonight..." He moved his head closer and slid a hand behind my back.

"That sounds perfect. I'll see you then?" I asked, but I stood still my eyes fixed on his lips.

He chuckled and leaned closer kissing me softly. Gosh we were perfect together... He pulled back and let go of me. I opened my eyes and for a split second his were green. I blinked and they were blue again...

"I can't wait." Me neither.

I stepped away, walking towards the theatre rooms, when I caught eyes with Mia Labrowski. She was glaring at me, probably a witness of our little moment. 

I laughed and smirked at her before walking away.

I wanted to show you what Etienne was like from a different point of view. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter and tell me what you thought in the comments. 

Xoxo!

THgirl XD 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

83K 3.1K 26
"Ashton, I know I'm not the usual type of pretty cheerleader you usually hang out with. I'm not sexy, I'm not attractive, and I'm absolutely no fun...
37.4K 2.8K 13
⋆A Highschool Romance Book⋆ "I think I like you Ayaan" she said with a soft smile. "Wow my plan really worked on you ratty"he replied before pulling...
129K 3.7K 37
Sofia is an ordinary girl, trying to live her life as normally as possible. Being a teen in high school isn't easy for her. Especially finding her pl...
10.2K 239 19
"Hi my name is Amelia and this is my life... I was just another ordinary girl before that thing happened:High School. My first day on Riverroad High...