Caius (OLD VERSION)

By Shewritessherambles

NEW VERSION ON MY PROFILE NOW! UPDATES COMING MONDAY! XX As a little girl Clara always dreamed of falling in... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Authors Note
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Rewriting update :)
Caius NEW VERSION!
Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter Eighteen

431 9 0
By Shewritessherambles

Hello my lovely lovelies!!!!! Welcome to another Chapter of "Ambivalent" Let the plot unwind and entertain your little creative minds!!!! I changed things up a bit for this chapter so I hope you like it if you did please remember to comment and vote and I will see you soon lovelies! Until next time, enjoy! <3

Chapter Song: "The Greatest" by Sia

Previously:

The sunshine in the morning was something wicked. Shielding my eyes, I turned my head away from the window to find Caius snuggled, still in yesterday's clothes to my left. Glancing over him, I noticed a piece of paper sticking out of his pocket. Reaching carefully around him I managed to wiggle to the paper from his jacket. Unfolding the small piece of paper, I glanced at it before gasping. I looked up at Caius sleeping form before glancing back at the picture once more.

In the photo was the man Caius shot yesterday as well as a small boy. The same brown hair and green eyes were staring back at me in the photo, as the man who lay beside me. The man looked down at the boy with smile, a hand placed on the five year old shoulder. I shivered. Looking back at Caius once more, I was certain. The boy in the photo was him.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

5 YEARS EARLIER

Caius approached the door with fear. Fear of the unknown, fear of rejection, fear of his father.

"Come in." The rough, deep voice of his father rang out through the door. He took a deep breath before pushing the door open.

"Mother said you wanted to speak to me?" Caius spoke, his head slightly bowed.

"Look at me son." His father demanded.

Carefully, Caius lifted his eyes to meet his fathers.

"Listen, you're what... 15 now?"

"16, father."

His father's brow creased for a moment, not liking Caius defiance. "Of course, even better."

He then stood; making his way around the dusty office Caius had been summoned to and rested against the edge of the desk top, crossing one foot over another.

He gestured to the plush leather seat in front of him. "Sit, Caius."

"Yes father." Caius sat his hands on his lap, his palms sweaty.

"Listen, Son. I think we both know why you're here." He spoke, his demanding voice beating down on Caius.

"Father?" Caius frowned.

The man in front of Caius sighed, running a hand across his forehead and muttered. "Lord forgive me for what I am about to do."

Caius' father turned back to him before standing up and gesturing Caius to follow. "Come, boy."

There was a door on the right wall of the office where a bolted padlock kept curious eyes out.

"You shall no long call me your father, Caius. After today I am nothing but a man trying to earn a living, you are nothing to me, got it?" He demanded before gripping the top of Caius' forearm and shoving him in the room. Padlocking it shut, he left Caius in the dark.

"This work is not for the faint hearted, and I'm afraid your mother has made you too soft, boy. You must learn to defend yourself." He opened a slot at the bottom of the door. Caius could see the plush carpet of the office, not even five feet from him. Caius could see the clear line between carpet the concrete which now chilled his feet, spreading through his clothes and clinging to his skin.

His father's feet disappeared for a few moments before returning. A loud click resonated throughout the concrete walled room. The sound of growling began. Caius heart started beating fast.

"Father?"

"I AM NOT YOUR FATHER! Not anymore Caius." His father screamed. "You will call me Kurt from now on."

"I don't understand, please." Caius' cries could be hear throughout the room, the sounds echoing back at him.

His father simply threw something at Caius feet before leaning down.

"You see, in this world Caius, you need to learn to kill. You will stay in here until you kill. Until you kill every last obstacle in your path. Now, forgive me but I must leave. I have to teach your mother a lesson."

The door slammed shut. The last remaining stream of light before the latch closed highlighted the object his father had thrown at him. Lying at the 16 year old's feet was a revolver. Caius scrabbled, moving away from it.

He ran in the direction of the door, slamming his body against it.

"Please! Father please don't! Please!" He cried.

A louder growl sounded throughout the room. Caius froze, his tears stopping, a hiccup stuck in his throat.

The sounds of feet hitting concrete sounded out. A gust of wind blew against Caius cheek, followed by the stench of raw meat. Freezing up, Caius stood still. He could feel the footsteps approaching. His heart stopped beating for a fleeting second before the growling became thundering and Caius lept towards where he thought the gun was.

The animal lept with his knocking him on his side, his claws running down Caius back, shredding skin and tearing at flesh. Caius gasped, his hands shuffling over the floor, desperate to pick up the gun. Fingers hit metal as he was knocked again, the sound of growling haunting every inch of the room.

Caius could feel the coppery blood sticking his t shirt to his back, the pain numbed by his panic.

His fingers gripped the gun, holding the barrel; he shifted it into his hand and pulled back the safety.

The Creature knocked it out of his hands biting down on his arm sharply. Caius was dragged throughout the room, his fingernails scrapping against the concrete floors. Blood trailed where his fingers had been as they started bleeding. Caius could barely see through the darkness, no matter how much his eyes tried to focus, the darkness seemed endless. He stopped. The creature releasing as the sound of a cage door being opened sounded out. Caius ran away from the sound, tripping over his feet. His arm was clutched into his side, bleeding profusely.

The gun shone in the darkness. It was almost light someone shone a light on the smooth barrel. It was close enough for Caius to leap towards it and grab it with steady fingers.

His father words rang out through his head clear as water. "You must learn to defend yourself....to kill..."

He lifted the gun as the growling came closer.  His hands shook with nerves. He could hear his heart beat in his ears. The sound of his rugged breath pulsated out through the room, echoing in his ears even louder. A shadow moved.

Caius moved with it. He shifted around, following the shadow with sharp movements. He was scared. There had only been three times he had ever been scared. The first time, he watched his father hit his mother. He was five. The second, he had watched his sister die at the hands of a stranger. He could still feel the way her little arms wound around his waist as he cradled her in his arms as she slipped away. He was 11. Now, he was scared for his own life.

The shadow moved once more. Through his tears, Caius could make out the outline of a creature. He lifted the gun. Squeezing his eyes closed, he screamed and pulled the trigger.

Caius' body shook. His eyes became blurry. Then... nothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kurt lent against the back of the steel door which lay between him and his son. It had been hours. All of his research, his family line and all his riches relied on Caius surviving.

Young Caius didn't know what he was in store for in the future.

He squeezed his eyes shut as he heard the sound of Caius' ear piercing scream, followed by a loud bang. He had shot the gun. Silence followed. A chocked sob caught in his throat as he thought of his dead son lying on the cold concrete floor.

Reaching for the handle he swung the door open.

Caius lay on the floor in the far corner of the room, blood dripping from his wounds. A black wolf lay on the ground, still as water. You could see the pool of blood beneath it growing, it's fur matting with the thick red substance.

Kurt's eyes set on his son's mangled figure. A tear threatened to escape his eye. He went to step forward.

"Don't." A voice rang out behind him. A big coursed hand rested on Kurt's shoulder, squeezing harshly. "You did well, don't ruin it now."

Kurt nodded before blinking; all traces of emotion drained from his face and were replaced with a mask of steel. His eyes were cold as stone. Then, a second shot was fired.

PRESENT DAY

Clara's p.o.v

Caius' eyes snapped open his hand grabbing the wrist which curled around his neck. I jumped, trying to remove my wrist from the death grip Caius had it in. His hold tightened. His eyes were darker than normal; a cold pierced look met my warm brown eyes. My eyes widened. I had never seen such hatred, such anger.

When his grip faltered slightly I pressed harder on the back of his shoulder. Moving closer I wound myself in his arms, giving him a suffocating hug. He was so tense. Realising I didn't mean any danger; he slowly returned the hug laying his head against where mine lay on his chest.

My fingers traced the outline of his neck softly.

"How did you get them?" I asked. "How did you really get them?"

He sighed, looking into my eyes, the soft green grass of spring meeting melted caramel chocolate.

"Not know." He muttered before frowning and sitting up. Pocketing the picture of the man from the street last night, he shrugged on his jacket.

"Where you going?" I asked my voice a bit too loud. I hushed quickly in fear of waking Emilia from her slumber.

"Out." He said. Pulling out a cigarette, his hand grabbed the door handle in a tight grasp. Looking over his shoulder at me, he muttered a curt "I'll be back soon." Before wrapping his jacket tighter around him and leaving into the morning.

Make sure to vote/comment see you next time lovelies! Hope you enjoyed this chapter

-K

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 58.5K 27
"You are so different." He whispered. "And you are doing something to me, Bella. I can't seem to control myself when I'm around you." *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*...
35K 665 38
Aurora Lopez had the intentions and goals of starting new, and having a normal life. She was met with difficulties along the way, and one of those di...
1.8K 27 27
Hailey Martin has never been one to stick out in a crowd. She's always been perfectly happy to hang out in a corner, listening to her favourite playl...
358 3 31
THE BAD BOY Before I met Gianna, I'd thought I was living life to the fullest, wild and carefree. Now that I had her in my life I understood what it...