The Rant Book

By xSarawwr

Well this is the Rant book, written all by me. It's basically something that I will update every few days. It... More

Read this before any other chapters!
The Rant Book
Rant 1: Paramore
Rant 2: Justin Bieber
Rant 3: Rebecca Black...
Rant 4: Lindsay Lohan
Rant 5: The Twilight Saga
Rant 6: Miley Cyrus
Rant 7: Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes and Suri Cruise.
Rant 8: Axl Rose (Guns 'N' Roses)
Rant 9: Britney Spears
Rant 10: Russell Brand
Rant 12: Wattpad
Rant 13: Christmas Holidays/Working through them!
Rant 14: Katie Hopkins
Rant 15 - Donald Trump
Rant 16 - Danielle Bregoli
Rant 17 - Taylor Swift

Rant 11: Stereotypes

1.5K 9 8
By xSarawwr

Hey there readers!

Welcome to the 11th Rant in the book, Once again I will say that I hope you have enojyed reading the book/rants so far :) And I hope you will carry on reading them and telling what you think of them!

Now this rant was a bit easier because I didnt really have to do much research to get my facts correct for the rant, so I think it just makes writing a rant a little bit easier, so I think I might start ranting about more things like this that just piss me off  :B

So Please!:

KEEP READING THIS BOOK :D

+

 TELL YOUR WATTPAD FRIENDS TO READ MY BOOK!

I'd also like to say a huge Sorry to all you readers that are rereading this or any of my other books, I've been so busy with work lately that I haven't had a single chance to upload anything new, so yeah

I'M SO SORRY WATTPADDERS!!!

And That's it really, so I hope you enjoy reading my rant on stereotypes, And if you like it then comment and vote for it! :) IT would help me out a lot and it would probably push me to upload more, and quicker. 

Because there isn't much point in taking time to write chapters for something that people don't even like. so yeah, please tell me what you think! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay so I thought this time I might as well go for something different because ranting about so many celebrities in a row would get kinda boring for people to read so in the end I thought that 10 in a row was enough and maybe its time to start ranting and sharing my opinion about some other things that just really piss me off.

So in today's rant I will be talking about stereotypes, Now most of us know what a stereotype is, but just in case you do not know or you are not sure, I thought i'd tell you the meaning here so you don't have to go and google it ;)

Stereotype - A stereotype is a popular belief about specific types of individuals. Stereotypes are standardized and simplified conceptions of groups based on some prior assumptions.

So its basically saying that all blonde's are stupid bimbo's, and all girls who wear black eyeliner and listen to rock music are emo's who slit their wrists, which is something i'll be talking about a bit later into the rant.

Now the thing that can annoy me about when people complain about stereotypes is that they always moan about the stereotypes that only concern them, that's what annoys me, If you're going to complain about something like a stereotype then dont just complain about the one that offends you, you should talk about the other ones that offend other people.

But sometimes stereotypes can come in handy, for an example people who work in the media, Or authors can use stereotypes to make their work easier, It can help people in some situations, Like a comic book writer or an author, they use stereotypes to create new characters, for an example, just in case you dont understand what im saying here, They would use the stereotype or someone who is tall and has big muscles

So you know sometimes they can be helpful, But most of the time they are hurtful, stupid and just plainly pointless which is what I will be talking about next.

But I have one question that I would like you guys to answer for me, Using a stereotype that is commonly used, What stereotype group would you get placed in? 

I have an answer to that question. I would be most likely put into the Emo/Rocker group, 

The reason I would get put into that group is because I have a sweeping side fringe, My hair is a shade of dark brown because it has been dyed, I can play the guitar, Drums and I sing in a band, and I listen to rock music and wear band shirts. I dont see why people assume that I should be in this group, but you know it doesn't actually bother me that much, What DOES bother me though is that people assume that because you are in the group of and emo/rocker, that you listen to completely depressing music and you slit your wrists because your life is so bad. 

I mean seriously? That is completely untrue and a perfect example of a ridiculous stereotype, Yeah sure lots of people cut themselves, and sure some of them are emo's or rockers, But the same amount of people who cut themselves could be blonde people, Or redheads, Or just ordinary people, Or maybe smart people, or maybe its just people who are feeling down, or the guys and girls who feel left out or the ones who are doing it for attention. who knows? Just dont assume that somebody does something just because they fit a certain stereotype that says because they do this or look like this, they DEFINITELY do something. Its wrong, and it can make people feel horrible.

A stereotype has nothing to do with how unhappy you are or the decisions you make, So the moral of a stereotype is dont assume you know somebody by their appearance, or just looking at them. Get to know them and then you might find that your pre-judgements were completely wrong.

Dont judge a book by its cover..

So theres another question I have for you guys, What do you think about the stereotype that has been made for your county in particular? 

I mean there are different stereotypes for different countries now. 

Now even though it isnt my country it annoys me that people say all Americans are Fat and are horrible people. Now the reason this annoys me is because its pretty obvious that not all American people are fat, and they are in face generally quite nice people, Especially some of the American readers and writers I have met on wattpad, they are all lovely people. Also some of the people here in England and other countries cant exactly talk because here in England its sometimes in the news about how obesity levels have gone up and people are starting to get fatter. 

But thats what it is like in a lot of countries, there will always be overweight people, just like there will always be skinny people, there will always be horrible people, just like there will always be lovely people. Its a ridiculous stereotype that people use and it annoys me because it isnt just in one particular country, its in your country too, so dont use a stereotype that could be used for you too.

Now the stereotype for my country, is that all British people have bad teeth, talk incorrectly, and are snobs. This is COMPLETELY untrue! and it annoys me!. I mean there are so many people in England with excellent teeth, and there are some with bad teeth, including me who now has braces because I had collapsed teeth which resulted in my teeth being out of place and generally kinda painful. So you could probably understand why this stereotype offends me quite a bit. Its a hurtful stereotype, like most other stereotypes out there.

And so most of us in England are not snobs, there are some snobby people but there are snobby people all over the world. Also most of us here in England talk correctly, I have no idea where that part of the stereotype came from but it is completely ridiculous, and to be honest, just pisses me off.

There are some other stereotypes that annoy me, like how Russians apparently are all alcoholics and they chug Vodka all the time, Now we all know that this is obviously a false stereotype and im not even going to bother explaining why it is false and ridiculous because if you cant understand why then you shouldn't even be reading this... 

Now another thing that irritates me is that people complain about them, yet they still use them. What is the point of complaining about stereotypes if you are going to use them 10 minutes later anyway? 

I mean in my opinion, people who use stereotypes to outcast other and make them feel bad or hurt should just seriously grow the fuck up. I mean not all blondes are thick as shit, not all 'jocks' or sporty people are assholes who will bully you for your lunch money and now all people who wear tracksuits are 'Chavs'. Also not all people who live in council housing are 'Chavs' who are going to stab you...

People need to grow up and stop using stereotypes because they can be hurtful. And in my opinion people should not be characterized by what other people do or have done in the past. Everyone is different in their own way and its just wrong to judge them or put them into a certain group.

but yeah I have to admit that I cant write this rant without telling you that we all at some point use a stereotype to describe someone, I have to be truthful that a few years ago I used stereotypes, mainly in media Studies but also to describe people and also I once used a stereotype to hurt someones feelings. You cant say that you havent used a stereotype in that way all the time that you have been alive because if you were to come up to me or to send me a message saying you had never used a stereotype in any way, I would probably have to think that you were lying, but sure some of you might be telling the truth, I just think that the majority of people saying that would be lying.

So there are hundreds of different stereotypes in the world, and most of them are untrue, Like all asians are smart, all americans are fat, all english people have bad teeth and all blondes are thick. Its things like this that cause arguments and hurt people, So maybe think twice, or three times before you open your mouth and mention a type of stereotype.

So I hope I havent hurt anyones feelings in this rant, but I apologize if I have.

Anyway, I think I may be coming to the end of my rant now, there is not really much else that I can talk about without repeating myself. 

But while reading this I would like you to think about what I have said, Maybe if you use stereotypes a lot now, you would consider using them less and less and if you do use them, then use them in a positive way so that it would not hurt peoples feelings.

So anyway, I would like to say thanks for reading this and thinking aqbout it, I look forward to reading everyones comments on this rant and mainly what you thought about it. Also I would like to see some of you guys answering the questions I asked throughout the rant. 

------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading, 

Keep checking back for new updates in my books :)

Sarah :) xx

.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

235K 7.5K 167
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
200K 31.5K 83
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
170K 3.9K 53
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
143K 7.6K 82
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...