Dramatical Murder

By Kitkatgirl0515

Akira Amaterasu was a young street girl, who lost everything about her and was left alone to fend for herself... More

Author's Note
Prologue: First Friends; Aoba Seragaki and Allmate Ren
Chapter 1. Login
Chapter 3. Presage
Chapter 4. Disappearance
Chapter 5. Error
Chapter 6. Revelation
Chapter 7. Distance
Chapter 8. Adversity
Chapter 9. Reply
Chapter 10. Echt
Chapter 11. Faith
Chapter 12. Fixer
Chapter 13. Dawn
Epilogue: Reunion
Author's Note

Chapter 2. Crack

1K 16 0
By Kitkatgirl0515

With Aoba's new command, Ren prepared an attack, then sent it blasting toward the opponent and his many rabbits.

"Counter attack en route! We lost three fighters! Endurance level is down to 12!" The rabbit Allmate informed. Aoba chuckled, then he suddenly came back to his senses.

"Ren. What did I do just now?" He asked.

"You gave me an order to attack them, Aoba."

"Attack them?"

"You won't get away with that!" The rabbit Allmate declared, "Jubilation!" The rabbits all came in for an attack, but before they could attack, Aoba and Ren dodged, but Akira and Saki came in to hold them off.

"Aoba! What are your orders?" Ren asked.

"What are you talking about?" Aoba asked back.

"Saki! Genesis!" Akira yelled.

"Are you sure, Akira?"

"Yes."

"It will cut into our health bars. You really want to do it?"

"It may be our only chance. Genesis, now!"

"Understood." Aoba and Ren were able to catch a glance as they watched Akira and Saki start powering up. Akira adjusted herself, sitting more in a squatting position. Suddenly, she leapt off of Saki, striking rabbits with a roundhouse kick. Saki followed after her, giving her another boost. Akira was engulfed in a black fire-like aura, which was draining her endurance level at increasing speeds. Saki came back to back with her, giving Akira another push. She struck once with her right arm, sending an immense amount of force out, causing those who weren't fighting to block from the wind. Akira punched with her left, doing the exact same thing.

"Their endurance levels are dropping! It's going into their health!" The rabbit Allmate informed. Akira shot her eyes to him and Saki flew under her and they came right to the rabbit. Akira grabbed the rabbit by the throat and then jumped down, slamming the rabbit into cube. She stood up and then threw it aside, Saki came down with an attack, also engulfed in black fire.

"Akira! Health percentage is at 50% and dropping." Saki warned.

"Keep going!" Akira replied. Saki returned to Akira and she clung to her fur and the black fire aura connected, growing bigger and more intensely.

"What the hell is that?" Aoba asked.

"An ability that Akira and Saki were able to put together, using a combination of attacks. They call it Genesis."

"Genesis?"

"Unfortunately, it takes a major toll on them later, but since these two played in these games often, they seem to be reawakening her gaming skills." Although, even with Akira and Saki trying to hold off the bunnies, Ren and Aoba were pursued again and both were getting hit hard.

"Do you think I'm joking?" The opponent asked, "His Allmate's in armor is incredibly old. Does he think I'm a pushover?"

"Thos guys are naked! They're disrespecting us!" The Allmate rabbit said.

"Fine. Let's just wipe them out." Suddenly, Akira screamed with pain, causing Aoba and Ren to look at her. She and Saki were both hurt badly, their healths at 10%.

"Akira!" Aoba called. He dodged more incoming attacks with Ren, "What the hell is going on?!"

"Dart wall set!" The rabbit Allmate yelled.

"Roger!" The rabbits attacking yelled in unison. They surrounded Aoba and Ren and then shot toward them with their attack. That caused Aoba and Ren to lose their barrier.

"The enemy's barrier has received 100% damage." The rabbit informed.

"I suppose I shouldn't have hoped for a better fight. Let's go."

"It's time to leave! Fall back!" Akira and Saki made their way to Ren and Aoba. Akira placed her hands on Aoba and Saki put her paws to Ren, "Wait a second! The enemy's barrier is regenerating faster than I've ever seen before!  40%! 50! 70! 90%!! Alert! Alert! Danger! Danger!"

Aoba suddenly rushed to the Allmate rabbit and struck it, sending it flying. The opponent stared at Akira and Aoba, who stood side by side, a blue and black aura surrounding the both of them. Aoba showed another sphere of blue light in his palm.

"Destruction and death." He stated. The game world was blasted away and everything went white.

Aoba slowly opened his eyes, back in the real world. He heard someone coming and as he looked up, he could only make out a figure with a mask, a long white coat, and clear umbrella in hand.

"What just...happened?" Aoba choked out.

"Master?" Came a voice, which sounded hollow. Aoba couldn't reply, for he passed out once again.

Akira slowly opened her eyes, finding herself lying on her side. She groaned softly and slowly pushed herself up, resting on her forearm. Her mind wasn't connecting with everything, all she knew was that she was hurting pretty badly and her head ached to the extreme. She looked around, realizing that Aoba and Ren weren't to be seen.

"Aoba? Ren?" She called, but her head pounded. She realized that she was still in the alley where she and Aoba were drawn into that match. She looked around, seeing Saki, "Saki? Hey, Saki, wake up." Saki opened her eyes and let out a groan.

"Akira?"

"Oh, thank goodness. Are you okay?" Saki stood to her feet.

"I'm fine. Are you?"

"My head's killing me. And I feel as though weights are holding me down."

"Do you think you can walk home, if you were to balance on walls?" Akira shook her head.

"Doubtful, but do you think you can see if anyone we trust is around? If I remember correctly, we should be close to Koujaku's territory. Could you go get him? If he's not at his base, then try going to Mizuki's. Koujaku might be there with him." Saki nuzzled Akira.

"I'll go look. You wait here, okay?" Akira smiled and nodded, Saki turned and ran off. Akira rested her head back down and held her stomach, trying to ease the pain, even though her entire body was hurting. She was still trying to figure out why she and Saki were left here, but Aoba and Ren were taken away. She hoped and prayed that wherever they were, they were safe and not in the hands of some gang. Or worse, the opponent who brought them into the game.

Saki raced down the streets, avoiding people and hurrying to get to Mizuki or Koujaku, whoever she found first. She tried Koujaku's base first, but he wasn't there. Mizuki's base must've been about 10 or so minutes away from this place, so she raced toward Dry Juice's base. The last time they had been attacked and drawn into a game, Akira's very life almost ended. And even though that match wasn't nearly as intense, it still brought back memories that concerned Saki and the worst case scenario often went through her head. Saki couldn't let that close of a call happen again. She finally reached the base of Dry Juice's territory, where she saw the two sitting at a crate with drinks on it. She raced toward them.

"Mizuki! Koujaku!" Saki called out to them. They looked her way.

"Saki?" Koujaku asked as he and Mizuki stood up. Saki jumped on the crate.

"Saki, what is it? What's the matter?" Mizuki asked. Saki panted.

"It's Akira! She's injured pretty bad." Mizuki and Koujaku looked at one another, exchanging worried looks.

Saki led them where Akira was. By the time they reached her, Akira was trying to stand up. Saki raced to her and Mizuki turned down the alley. Just as she lost her footing, Mizuki finally reached her and caught her in his arms. She grasped onto him and looked up to him.

"Mizuki..." She whispered.

"Are you okay, Akira?" She exhaled slowly and rested her head in his chest.

"I am...now." With that, she lost consciousness again.

Mizuki lifted her up in his arms, holding her close to him, then he looked to Koujaku, who was watching the whole time. They nodded to one another and then Koujaku called Aoba on his watch. After a couple rings, Aoba picked up.

"Koujaku?" Aoba asked on the other line.

"Hey, Aoba. Where are you right now?"

"I'm at home, because I don't feel well, but it's not sitting well with me that Akira's not here. We got separated and I can't go looking for her now."

"It's okay, Aoba. Mizuki and I were brought to her by Saki."

"Really?! Is she okay?!"

"I think so. She passed out again, but she'll probably sleep the exhaustion off through the night." Koujaku heard him sigh with relief.

"Thank God. You want to bring her home?"

"Aoba...she's not far from where Mizuki's base is. And you're on the other side of town."

"Hm. Good point. Okay, I trust you guys to look after."

"Care to explain why she's in this shape? Did a gang get ahold of her?"

"No. It's a long story. We'll explain it to you another time."

"Okay. Take care of yourself. Good night, Aoba."

"Good night."

Mizuki and Koujaku returned to Mizuki's gang base and Mizuki took care of Akira, laying her on a couch in his shop so she could sleep. Saki laid beside her and Mizuki stayed at Akira's side through the night.

Akira's eyes opened, soon realizing that she was staring up at a ceiling. She blinked her eyes, then she sat up. She looked around, trying to figure out where she was. She heard fighting outside. She slowly got up from the couch and walked to the window, looking outside. The entire Dry Juice gang were fighting, but were being overthrown. Among them all, Mizuki was standing there, confused and helpless. He turned around, looking right to Akira with the saddest eyes she has ever seen.

"Akira...please...help me." He begged. She tried to call out to him, but her voice was gone. And suddenly, she saw Mizuki get grabbed. Akira tried to scream for him, but she couldn't speak and she couldn't move. She watched as he struggled to get free, but he was drug away into the shadows and all she saw was Morphine's tag art covering Dry Juice's.

Akira's eyes snapped open and she jolted awake. She was covered in a cold sweat. Saki's eyes snapped open and she lifted her head, looking up at Akira.

"Hey, you're  finally awake. You okay?"A voice asked. Akira looked up and her eyes were set on Koujaku, who was sitting on the edge of the couch. She panted shallowly, but she did everything she could to calm herself down. She swallowed.

"Where am I? The last thing I remember was...seeing Mizuki, but then I..."

"Mizuki brought you to his base here, so you could sleep off the exhaustion." Akira's eyes widened again and she gasped, trying to sit up, "Aoba!" Koujaku's hand stopped her from getting up.

"Just relax. You've been in and out of it all night." Akira panted again, holding onto his clothes.

"Where is Aoba?"

"He's at home. I'm going to take you there in a bit, but someone wanted to see you first." Akira looked over and saw Mizuki sitting on a loveseat, staring at her. Koujaku stood up and walked out, giving the two some time to themselves. Mizuki walked to her and sat down where Koujaku had been sitting.

"Hey, Akira. Are you doing okay?" He asked. Akira looked him over and then she leaned to him, wrapping her arms around him. He returned her embrace, running his fingers through her hair, "Don't you ever scare me like that again." Akira gripped his coat tightly.

"I'm sorry." That was all she could say to him. He kissed her head and rested his cheek on top of her head.

Finally, after a little while, Akira released him and she looked up Mizuki.

"I have something I need to tell you." She stated. Mizuki nodded. Akira explained to him what happened to her and Aoba and how she ended up like she is.

"Someone caught you two and forced you to play Rhyme?" Mizuki asked, making sure he heard her right. Akira nodded.

"Mm-hm. The safety protocols were taken off, so the injuries were affecting our bodies. Although, the fight wasn't nearly intense as that time. Yeah, we fought, but it seemed more like he was testing us. He knew who I am, even my Rhyme name."

"That certainly raises a few red flags. And you have no idea who the opponent was?"

"No. He wore a rabbit head. The kind you'd expect to see on a costume or something, so I couldn't see his face."

"Hm...I'll ask some of my guys and see if they've fought against someone like that, then I'll give you a call, okay?" Akira nodded. Mizuki brought a hand to her face, tucking some of her hair behind her ear, "I'm glad you're okay. I was really scared." Akira reached up and grabbed his hand.

"I'm sorry I worried you, but I really am okay, now. Thank you for taking care of me." Mizuki smiled.

"I'm always here to care for you, no matter what time." Akira smiled.

"I appreciate that, Mizuki. I really should start heading home. Aoba's probably worried about me." Mizuki nodded and he helped her get up. Akira looked to Saki, "Come on, Saki." Saki leapt up from the couch and clung onto her back, her front paws on her shoulder.

Mizuki helped Akira walk outside, where Koujaku was waiting. He allowed Akira to climb on his back, seeing how carrying her that way would be much faster than supporting her to walk on her own. Akira kissed Mizuki's cheek, before leaving with Koujaku.  He walked all the way to Aoba's house, Akira on his back, but she was able to lift some of her weight off of him, even though she wasn't very heavy.

They arrived at the house and as they walked in, Tae was in the kitchen, making breakfast. Tae looked to them and she stopped what she was doing.

"There you are! Where the hell have you been?! You had Aoba and I worried!" She yelled. Akira smiled.

"Sorry, Tae, but Koujaku and Mizuki found me in an alley and I slept at Mizuki's." Tae scoffed.

"Well, at least your home now. Aoba's upstairs, asleep."

"Still?" Koujaku asked, "Beni, why don't you go wake him up. Nicely." Akira looked to him, hearing that his 'nicely' was more of an afterthought. She and Koujaku took their seats at the table, as Beni flew upstairs to Aoba's room and Tae made breakfast.

Not long after, Aoba came down the stairs.

"Hey. Morning, Aoba." Koujaku greeted. Aoba was scratching the back of his head.

"Mmm...morning everyone." He groaned.

"That's the face! You're at your best, Aoba."

"No thanks to you," He covered his mouth, yawning. He threw Beni toward Koujaku, who caught himself and flew to Koujaku's shoulder, "This is yours."

"I woke you and that's how your ungrateful little ass is supposed to treat me?" Beni questioned.

"Go back to St. Louis where you belong," He yawned again, then pointed to Koujaku, "And don't send him as an alarm clock."

"I don't really have a choice. You're a bitch first thing in the morning, you know that?"

"That's not true! You just suck at waking me up, that's all!"

"I always tell Beni to wake you up, gently, and he does."

"Yeah. But, he keeps coming in and pecking my head until I want to explode!"

"Aoba!" Tae spoke up, "If you have time to complain, then you have time to move your skinny ass and get out the chopsticks and bowls."

"Yeah, yeah," He looked over and his eyes widened a little, "Akira?!" She looked up to him and smiled.

"Morning, Aoba. Sleep well?"

"I should be asking you that! How are you doing?"

"I'm as good as I can be. After a night's rest, I'm better. How about you and Ren?"

"We're okay now." Akira nodded to him.

Once breakfast was set at the table, everyone sat down, putting their hands together and thanking for the food, before eating.

"Great!" Aoba exclaimed.

"Yeah, it is! Miss Tae's cooking is definitely the best food I've ever had." Koujaku beamed.

"You better compliment me, after you showed up uninvited."

"I said I was gonna come by here. Didn't I, Aoba?"

"All you said was you're coming by soon."

"So, I guess I need to put out another bed?"

"I'd really appreciate it."

"Damn! Are you familiar with the word 'freeloader', Koujaku?"

"You ought to be used to it by now, Grandma. But, since we have work in the morning, I'm just going to have to slap him and that obnoxious little bird of his around."

"Heh. Whatever, man."

"No kidding," Beni piped in, "Aoba sucks at getting up and getting started."

"You are full of crap! Right, Ren?" Aoba asked. Ren looked up to him.

"Hm?" He turned his head away, "I wish I could agree with that statement, but I can't."

"What?! Come on, Ren!" Akira and Koujaku began to laugh, "Damn, Fuzzbutt! You're supposed to have my back on this!"

Later on, Aoba returned to his room after taking a shower. He looked outside to his balcony, seeing Akira and Koujaku outside. Koujaku was smoking. Koujaku happened to catch him in his peripheral vision.

"What's going on?" He asked. Akira looked up to him.

"Huh? Grandma wants you to hurry up and take your bath soon," He informed as he walked further into his room and picked up an ashtray.

"Yeah." Aoba walked outside.

"You sure do like coming here."

"Yeah, maybe."

"Even though that's all you've got to look at?"

"I suppose so. Possibly, but the feeling of being boxed in is what I like."

"Really? I don't get it at all, but here you go," He set the ashtray beside Koujaku's hand. He leaned his back into the railing. "Damn, I never see you smoke anywhere else. And you know you're not supposed to smoke around here." Koujaku turned his head to look at him.

"Hm. Hey, tell me. Does it still hurt if someone touches your hair?"

"Yeah. I'm not sure why. I mean, nobody else I know has nerves all the way through their hair."

"But, Akira can touch it?"

"Akira has gentle hands. Weird, though, huh?" Koujaku reached to touch his hair, but then he reached up, grabbing Aoba's nose instead.

"It's not that weird." Aoba groaned.

"Knock it off, man!" Koujaku chuckled, but Aoba turned his head away, causing Koujaku to release him.

"Hey...I was just playing."

"It's fine. I'm all right, Kou." Koujaku sighed.

"I know, you were actually pretty tired earlier."

"Well...yeah, actually..."

"Is it the same for you as well, Akira? I mean, you slept through the whole night and got up two hours after your usual time." Akira looked to Aoba and they nodded to each other.

They returned inside and sat on Aoba's bed, then Aoba and Akira explained to Koujaku what happened.

"Somebody made you play the game?" Koujaku asked.

"It came right out of nowhere. We're out of the shop delivering something, and then our brains get hijacked and we're playing Rhyme. If it hadn't been for Akira and Saki, I'd be dead. It was close to your turf, too. We were in that narrow back alley that's up there." Koujaku brought his hand to his chin in a thinking manner.

"I've never heard anything like that."

"You know what else was funny? There was no Usui and no crowd to see it."

"What is seems like...someone was looking for a victim and you two stumbled on it."

"A random fight?"

"But, that doesn't make sense. He knew our real names and in games, only our Rhyme names appear. But, he addressed Aoba and me by our first and last name." Akira informed.

"I don't know a lot about it, yet, but it looks like there are some people who can start battles without Usui or the GM. They can actually play Rhyme battles with the safety protocols turned off. And there are people out there who are getting killed as a result," Koujaku sighed, "I don't like how it works."

"What works?"

"Aoba, Akira. You ought to count yourselves lucky that you got away that time, but I get the feeling that it's going to happen again. And that's too dangerous. Tell me, are you two honestly okay?"

"Yeah. We're going to be fine, Koujaku."

"Just let me know if something happens."

"We will, okay?"

"Okay."

"So...what's going on with Mizuki, lately?" Koujaku widened his eyes and Akira folded her hands.

"Huh? Why are you asking what's going on with him?"

"Because, he's concerned about some of his guys and other people. Spirited Away, he said." Akira replied.

"Spirited Away?"

"Yeah," Aoba answered, "He said something generated a lot of rumors was happening again. Maybe Morphine were the guys making it happen."

"I doubt it."

"That's what I thought, but Mizuki was really pissed. Not to mention, he was sure it was them."

"Got it. I'll keep that in mind."

Akira waited around for Koujaku, who was taking his shower. Afterwards, Koujaku left the bathroom, only to see Akira in the hall.

"Akira?" Akira gestured her head for him to follow her and she walked into the room he would be sleeping in. He followed her in and he shut the door. Akira went to the window and opened it, sitting on the frame, allowing the night breeze to blow in her face, "Something up?"

"There was one more thing I needed to tell you about Aoba and I being pulled into Rhyme. But, I didn't want to say anything with Aoba around."

"What is it?"

"First of all,  did Aoba ever play Rhyme? Even for awhile? I know he had an accident and his memories aren't what they're supposed to be. But, I need to know, and you've known Aoba longer than me."

"Why do you ask?" Akira inhaled deeply.

"Sly Blue."

"What?"

"That's what the opponent called Aoba. And he can't have a Rhyme name if he's never played it. On top of which, twice, during the match, his persona completely changed and he ordered Ren to attack, as though he know what he was doing. So, I need to know...did Aoba play Rhyme at some point?" Koujaku sighed.

"There was a time, for a little while, that he did play those games. But, after his accident, he lost his memories of ever playing. It's better that way. Because, the Aoba we know now, that's not who he was when he played Rhyme." Akira nodded.

"That answers those questions. Thank you. Sorry to keep you up," She stood up, closed the window, and then started to walk out, but Koujaku grabbed her hand, stopping her. He hugged her from behind her, "Koujaku? What's wrong?"

"It's nothing. I just...I was so worried when I saw you the way we did when you were in that alley. I let Mizuki have you, but I needed you to know how worried I was about you." Akira brought her hands up and grasped ahold of his strong arms.

"Thank you, Koujaku. I'm sorry I scared you, but I really will be okay. " He released her and she turned to him, looking up at him, "Like Aoba said, if anything happens, we will let you know. I promise." Koujaku nodded and she hugged him again, then left his room, going to her own room,

The next morning, Aoba and Akira returned to the shop to go back to work.

"I'm sorry about that delivery." Aoba apologized after they arrived, both bowing to him to show their apology.

"There's no need to worry about it. It looks like someone was pulling our leg." Mr. Haga replied.

"What?" Akira asked as she and Aoba straightened themselves.

"The wise guy actually put down the same address as the sender and the recipient. On top of that, the name didn't match up with the person living there either. I, I went and gave them a call, just in case, but they said they weren't expecting to get anything from anyone," Aoba and Akira stared at him, confused, "It's just some moron playing games. It's not like your losing packages everyday anyway, right?"

"Yeah..." Aoba replied.

"Okay. Let's just get back to work, all right?"

"Right."

"Well, I got to step out for a bit, so keep an eye on the shop for me, okay?"

"Will do."

With Aoba at the desk, monitoring the computer and phone calls, Akira started to clean up the place.

"So, yeah. Here' the thing, if it was a random attack like Koujaku says it was, then why set up a false delivery for it? Why not hit the first guy there?" Aoba asked.

"It sure is starting to look more and more like someone out there wanted you in the game and fight you." Ren answered.

"That would have to be it, right? But, I mean...why would they do that?"

"I don't know." Aoba yawned and stretched his arms.

"Damn, that's creepy." Suddenly, they heard a loud crash outside, "What the hell?!"

"What in God's name was that?!" Akira exclaimed. She and Aoba rushed outside to see what it was. To their surprise, it was a person.

"Hey! Are you okay?!" Aoba asked as he and Akira knelt down beside him, "Does he look...dead, Ren?"

"No. I'm getting life signs from him." Then, he lifted his head. Akira and Aoba backed up a bit, but then jumped back as they were met by a gas mask, which frightened them both at first look. He stared at them.

"Master! I'm glad you're okay." He said, his voice sounding hollow from the mask.

"I'm not the one who took a header off of the side of a building. And who's this master of yours?"

"Upsy-daisy," He stood up, then pointed to Aoba, "You're my master, of course." Aoba looked around and to Akira.

"You talking to her?"

"No, I believe he's referring to you." Akira answered, her eyes still on the masked man. He had an average build to him, standing at a height of 5'11, same as Mizuki. He has short, scruffy snow-white hair that sticks up in multiple places. His outfit consists of a white trench coat and a yellow scarf. Under his coat is a white button-up shirt, which is quite short and reveals a little of his abdomen, and gray pants. He wears white boots with black laces that reach up to his calves and white gloves.

Aoba rose his hands up in surrender.

"Uh, no way. See, if I was anyone's master, I'd already know about it." He stated. The masked man approached him.

"I beg to differ, Master. My name is Clear," Aoba and Akira stared at him, "I brought my master here yesterday, and that's you." Akira gasped.

"Oh, I see. You're the one who dragged us in the game yesterday."

"No, that wasn't me, Master. However, I did hear your voice. You said, 'destruction and death'." Aoba widened his eyes, remembering hearing that voice within himself.

"Wait, wait. If you saw him in the alley and brought him here, then why leave me?" Akira questioned.

"I'm not strong enough to carry the both of you. I brought Master here, then I went back for you, but by the time I got there, you were gone. And then, I saw you were with other people. You looked safe, but I kept watch over you all night, making sure you really  were."

"Oh...Okay. Well, thank you." Clear, then looked to Aoba and reached to his face and grabbed ahold of his cheeks, stretching them out.

"Hey! That hurts! Ow!" Akira crossed her arms, trying to figure this guy out. Who exactly was he?

"You're really different from yesterday, Master. I actually can't put my finger on it, but your face and voice are a lot messier today. It's almost like your completely discombobulated, Master."

"Let go of my face!"

"Okay." He stretched Aoba's cheeks, then let them snap back. Akira winced.

"Damn it! What's your damage, man? Who the hell are you? And take off the mask. Show me who you really are."

"No way! I can't take it off! Please don't ask me to!" His hands flew to his mask and he backed up a step. Akira merely stood by, watching everything, Saki on her shoulder and Ren at her feet. Aoba grabbed Clear's mask.

"Take it off!"

"No!"

"Give it here!" They struggled against one another. Akira sighed.

"Aoba. Let him go. If he doesn't want to take it off, then he doesn't have to." She said.

"No! Please!" Clear cried, then finally ducked under Aoba's arm, turning his back on him and trying to run away

"Why, you...!" With that, Aoba kicked Clear right in his rear. Clear jumped in the air, holding his rear end.

"Whoa!" He, then, landed on his knees, "Please, stop Master! My butt's already been broken enough today!" Aoba gritted his teeth. Akira burst into laughter. She walked to Clear and knelt down beside him.

"You okay?"

"Uh...yeah. I believe so."

"So, I guess you didn't do it, after all. Fine." Aoba said.

"Uh, he did say he didn't do it. You should on your knees thanking him for saving you, Aoba. But you decide to pick a fight." Akira scolded.

"I did not!"

"So, kicking him like you did wasn't fighting?" Aoba rolled his eyes, then pointed to Clear, who was looking back to him.

"Anyway, I'm not your master, Mr. Mask. And we got to go back to work now. Later." Clear started waving his arms up and down.

"What should I do?"

"Get out of here!" Akira helped Clear stand. He reached into his coat.

"Okay. Sounds like a plan to me." He pulled out a clear umbrella, then opened it, "There we go. See you later." With that, he started walking away. Aoba and Akira looked up to the sky, but there were no clouds to indicate even the slightest amount of rain.

"What was that about?" Akira looked to Clear.

"Uh, hey! Wait a moment!" He stopped and looked back to her. She jogged to him, then stopped. She slightly moved to the side of him and checked the sides of his head.

"May I ask what you are doing?"

"I'm making sure you don't have any signs of getting a concussion. That was a nasty fall. Oh, wait," She pushed back some of his hair and pulled out a rock that was embedded in the side of his head, "There. I got it. Don't need that turning into an infection, right?"

"You're...being nice to me?"

"Yes, of course. Why wouldn't I be? I apologize about Aoba's behavior. He's not usually like that. Here." She reached in her pocket and gave him a couple coins.

"What's this for?"

"Buy yourself a drink, okay?" She winked, then turned and walked away, waving to him, "Bye, Clear!"

Meanwhile, Koujaku had dropped by Mizuki's place again, telling him that Aoba and Akira were worried about him.

"They were worried about me?" Mizuki asked.

"Yeah, they really were. So...that made me kind of wonder, too."

"And that's the reason why you came here. Sorry about that."

"Well...I was also thinking about doing a little hair cutting in this neighborhood, while I was here. But, things have really changed around here lately, huh?" Mizuki looked down.

"It's all those Rhyme heads. Jackasses. They don't give a damn about who's turf they're screwing around on. Tell me, are any of your guys hooked? Once my guys become Rhyme heads, they don't stop."

"It's always been my policy to let my guys do what they want. I've got a couple that play the game."

"Okay."

"It's a fad. All the guys that are playing it will get bored and then they'll cool off."

"I just hope you're right about that, my friend."

"Watch your guys, just in case."

"I will. And you, too."

"Oh, and by the way. There's something I've wanted to tell you."

"Hm?"

"This shop of yours, the Black Needle, it's a nice place, actually."

"Heh, I've a lot of pride and joy in this tattoo shop. Hopefully, it'll be enough for me and my girl to live off of. I make some good money, but still. Not everyone's into tattoos."

"Yeah, by the way...How are you and Akira doing, exactly? You guys seem...closer than usual."

"Of course we're getting closer. We're doing great. Heading into our eighth month together, now. Seriously, man. She's the one for me."

"She's something else, that's for sure."

"Yeah, she is. I'm hoping we can become something more than what we are now."

"What? You're thinking marriage already?"

"Well...not now, but I definitely want that to be a possibility in our future. I'm in love with her, man. And when you're in love, it's really hard to get out of it. Hey, you want a drink?"

"It's still the middle of the day."

"Doesn't bother me." They both broke into laughter, "Because you totally gotta try this sake."

"Works for me."

"Yeah."

Back at the Junk Shop, Aoba and Akira were continuing on with work. During that, Aoba was reading a story that was going around.

"You're kidding me. They said a stray cat tore the guts out of a mouse type Allmate. You should be careful too, Ren."

"Definitely."

"Be careful if you're ever out and about, Saki. Don't need you getting in a cat fight." Akira said to her Allmate.

"You got it." Saki answered.

Then, the door to the shop opened. Aoba turned around in his chair.

"Good afternoon." He greeted. Akira looked over and saw a young man standing inside. He was looking around the shop.

"Now this has a really retro feel." He stated.

"Can we help you find something?" Aoba asked. He looked to Aoba.

"It's right here." With that, he reached toward Aoba.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.8K 2.6K 17
"We found him...We found him! We're here for you...Aoba!" Set after the events of the Virus and Trip's bad ending. In this timeline, all of the good...
1.1K 185 43
"Life is a clay; it's just a matter of molding it." ~Empress_A -Romantic comedy with a sprinkle of drama -Be driven by the flow! Ai Infinity, thoug...
4.7K 122 45
Evie-a pale-blond haired girl with sky blue eyes-and her friend Esmeralda-a egyptian who loves her curly black hair-move from the NYC to Domino city...
3.9K 134 20
🎉*Completed*🎊 Izuku Midoriya had a great life with his twin sister until they turn to the age of four when they found out Izuku was quirkless. Izuk...