Stolen First Times

By juliannav135

Elijah Reed is my enemy, uh I mean neighbor. He gives a whole new meaning to the term "bad boy" and I would l... More

1. My First Kiss
2. My First Crush
3. My First Date
4. My First Detention
5. My First Apology
6. My First Prank
7. My First Homecoming Proposal
8. My First Homecoming Dance
9. My First Party
10. My First Encounter Narrowly Escaping Death
11. My First Time Being a Fan Girl
12. My First Job
13. My First Double Date
14. My First Time Ditching Class With a Boy
15. My First Boyfriend
Update!
16. My First Concert
17. My First Poster
18. My First Lie...Sort Of
19. My First Time Sleepwalking
20. My First Breakup
21. My First Time Gardening
22. My First Time on a Ferris Wheel
23. My First Time Stealing a First Time
Update!!!
24. My First POV - Part 1
25. My First POV - Part 2
26. My First Time Being at Fault
27. My First Choice - Part 1
28. My First Choice - Part 2
29. Our First Times
30. Our First Time Visiting Mrs...Reed
31. Our First Fight
32. Our First Day of Senior Year
33. Our First Breakup
34. My First Masquerade Party
35. My First Time Playing Kiss Pong
36. My First Time Being Fought Over
37. Our Last Chapter
Update! More Updates to Come!
38. My First Update in a While
39. My First College Fair
40. My First Time Being Experimented On
41. My First M&M
43. My First Day of College
44. My First Marriage Proposal - Part 1
45. My First Marriage Proposal - Part 2
46. My First Trip to Italy
Bonus Chapter: 6 Years Later
Bonus: My First Child(ren)
i. My First Story in Years
STOLEN BAD TIMES
1. My Bad Habit
2. Stolen Good Times
3. Who's Counting?
Book Two?
Sneak Peak!
4. Let's Have a Good Time

42. My First Time Running a Marathon

8.7K 378 60
By juliannav135

*Edited*

After the words left Elijah's mouth, he slid out of his car and jogged to the front door, yanking it open. I was afraid he was going to tear it clean off its hinges.

Shaking my head, I decided to follow him inside his house. What I saw next made me instantly regret coming inside.

The air inside the living room was thick with tension as Zachariah Reed sat with his ankles crossed on one couch, while his ex wife sat with Joshua Pratt, her fiancé, on the one opposite him. Elijah stood with his fists clenched by his sides just at the entrance of the room.

Allison Clyde and her younger brother, Quinn, were standing beside the couch with Elijah's mother and her fiancé.

What the hell was going on here?

I hadn't realized I'd voiced my thoughts out loud until six pairs of eyes flew to mine. I side stepped behind Elijah as I sheepishly peeked out from under his cover. I gave a quick wave and ducked behind him.

"She's right," Elijah surprised me by saying. "What is going on?"

His mother was the first to speak. She tucked her dark hair behind her ear and said, "We were discussing the wedding."

"No shit," Elijah said, angrily. "Why are they here?"

Elijah's mother turned to look at Allison and Quinn before answering, "We've been over this already, honey. Allison and Quinn are Joshua's children and should know everything that is going on, just like you."

Woah, now that she made that clear, I was able to see the similarities between Allison, Quinn, and Joshua. Joshua's blonde hair was just a shade lighter than his children's strawberry blonde hair and they all had matching hazel eyes, but Joshua's were a slightly darker brown color.

"Uh," I interrupted, realizing something as I raised a finger in the air, "Why is their last name Clyde, but Joshua's last name is Pratt?"

Joshua answered me this time when I decided to stop hiding and stand next to Elijah. "They chose their mother's maiden name when she-"

"Don't tell her. She has no business in this," Allison cut him off with her pissy attitude.

Quinn laid a gentle hand on his sister's arm, affectionately. He gave me a small smile with sad eyes and said, "It's okay. Our mother passed away ten years ago from a sudden heart attack."

"Oh, I didn't know. I'm so sorry," I said, lamely. Quinn shrugged and squeezed his sister's shoulder when she continued to glare at me.

Wait a second. If Elijah's mother was going to marry Allison's father, then that would make them step-siblings.

Another sudden thought occurred to me. Elijah hadn't been surprised when his mother had said they were Joshua's children which meant that he had known and didn't tell me.

But then again, why had Allison been all over him at the college fair just a few hours ago if they both knew they were bound to be siblings soon?

And I'd also completely forgotten all about that when I had made out with Elijah in his car. I'd have to have a word, or two, with him later on.

Zachariah cleared his throat, drawing everyone's attention. "Let's skip the formalities, shall we?" He voiced and then got right to the point by saying, "It's time to talk about why you're all here."

Elijah stiffened as he readied himself for the inevitable. I didn't dare try to comfort him, recalling how he had been infatuated with Allison not so long ago.

"As you all know, our wedding is tomorrow. I'd love it if you two would come," Elijah's mother said, looking between Zachariah and her son, "But I understand if you don't want to. All I ask is that you take care of Allison and Quinn while Joshua and I are on our honeymoon."

Zachariah's eyes narrowed and he opened his mouth, but Elijah was faster.

"What do you mean take care of them?" He asked, uncertainly.

Allison winked at him and I felt a spark of jealousy in the pit of my stomach at their exchange when he smirked back. No matter what Elijah said, there was definitely something going on between the two of them, and I was going to find out.

"Zachariah, would you mind if they stayed with you for a week?" His ex wife asked, hopefully.

He leaned forward so his elbows were resting on his knees and he raised his eyebrows as he clarified, "You want me to watch the children of the man who is marrying my ex wife?"

Elijah's mother cringed at his statement, knowing it sounded awkward even to her own ears.

"We'll do it," Elijah decided, agreeing with her. Her green eyes widened and disbelief crossed her face.

At that moment, I knew exactly what she was thinking because I was thinking the same thing; Elijah had been so against the marriage of his mother and Joshua, yet here he was agreeing to allow Allison and Quinn to stay over his house while they were on their honeymoon.

It made zero sense.

Unless, of course, you added in the fact that Elijah and Allison seemed to have some sort of chemistry.

With that, Zachariah gave his son a weird look, but the deed was done and the situation was settled. The Reeds would be babysitting the Clydes for a week after the wedding.

Noticing that I really didn't have any business being here, I spun around and dashed out the front door, skidding to a halt once I reached the porch of my house next door.

Breathing heavily, I placed my hands on my knees and bent over to catch my breath after practically running a marathon. Damn, I was out of shape. I literally lived twenty feet away and couldn't even sprint that distance without feeling like I was about to die.

I should've taken the mile run more seriously in gym class, huh?

I couldn't hear much over my labored breathing, so I wasn't aware of the person who approached me from behind until I was thrown over a very broad shoulder. I smacked my hands against his black t-shirt as all of the blood rushed to my face.

"Put me down!" I yelled, banging my hands repeatedly against his back.

"No."

"Eli! I said-"

"Yeah, yeah. I know what you said," Elijah said seconds before dropping me. A scream lodged in my throat when I fell a hundred feet to my death.

At least that's what it felt like when Elijah unceremoniously plopped me down on the seat swing in front of my house. It swayed back and forth, creaking with my impact as I impatiently shoved the blonde hair out of my face.

"What was that for!"

Elijah took a seat beside me and I scrambled as far away from him as I could get so we weren't touching. He noticed the space I had made between us and lowered his eyebrows.

"We need to talk," he said.

"So talk," I prompted, gesturing a hand at him to continue.

"You're probably pissed about Allison having to live with me for a week."

"Am not," I lied, crossing my arms over my chest. Elijah rolled his eyes and said, "Whatever. You're probably also thinking that there's something going on with me and that girl, right?"

"Oh, I don't know. That wink she gave you and that neck nuzzle at the college fair isn't exactly saying otherwise," I said, raising my eyebrows.

He sighed, running a hand through his thick, midnight locks.

"She doesn't want the marriage to happen just as much as I don't. Allison doesn't like the fact that her father is marrying another woman after her mother died."

"Theres nothing you guys can do about it," I said, harshly. I was angry at him for going behind my back with her and I was angry at myself for falling into his trap again. Plus, she most likely didn't want the wedding to happen so that she could date Elijah without actually being his step-sister.

"We thought by working together, we could somehow sabotage their marriage. Allison and I met up a few times this summer to discuss what could be done," he continued.

"Let me guess; you guys always got sidetracked and ended up having a make out session instead of a planning session?"

"Do you always have to be this difficult?" His voice rumbled deep in his throat, but it was too late for me to back down now.

"What am I supposed to think, Eli? We don't speak a word to each other for a month and then all of this shit goes down. I'm so confused and you aren't giving me any straight answers. Of course I'm going to think the worst!"

"I thought we went over this and made up," he replied.

"Why? Because of that whole stupid M&M thing? Well think again."

"You know what?" He said, standing up. "I was going to ask you for help, but I think Allison and I can do it ourselves."

Then he walked away and met Allison at his front door. She gave me an evil grin and shut the door.

Nothing was going on between the two of them, my ass.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 9.9K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...
16 0 14
Aside from her financial struggles, eighteen-year-old Amanda Holloway is satisfied with her life as she has a loving mother, caring friends and a sch...
349K 9.7K 22
The Badboy's boy |finished| "what did I do this time?" I screamed in his face. He closes his eyes, taking a deep breath. "if I see you with him agai...
178K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...