Black Rose

By -starsailor

"she was a rose in the hands of those who had no intention of keeping her." - Rupi Kaur. Started: August 6, 2... More

Prelude.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
Postlude.
New Book.

23.

9.2K 539 701
By -starsailor

Babes in the mm.

Before y'all read this chapter I want you to read this small note. So many of you are saying you hope you never act like Majesty, and that's good. As you can see their relationship isn't something anyone should ever want.

And for you that's saying you don't like where this book is going, then stop reading. All the books I write will always teach a lesson. Just like my fav said, "You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say."

Anyways, enjoy.

"Welcome to Napa Valley." I spoke to myself as the car we were in drove right past it.

I always imagined California being all city and seeing celebrities everywhere. I didn't know they actually had farmland. I wasn't even aware that it's possible to snow here. In the northerner part of course.

"We'll be spending Thanksgiving here right?"

"Yep." Alex confirmed with a head nod.

We're scheduled to tie the knot tomorrow evening at six. Nervous is an understatement for me. Married? Me? Who ever thought of that.

Unlike most young girls, I never thought about being married. I was what most would call a tomboy, but I grew out of it. Marriage is just something I never thought of. It seems as if you're letting someone hold you down and control you for the rest of your life.

But this is Alexander we're talking about. I love him so much, so why not go through with this?

"This room is so beautiful!"

"Thought you would've learned by now." Alex let out a raspy chuckle. "Everything concerning me is beautiful."

I have to agree with him. He's right. I just want to know how. What does he do? But it would be rude for me to ask.

I opened the wooden door to outside. I stared at everything in amazement. We have a view of a lake!

Since the sun was beaming, I decided to come back out later. My feet slid out of my shoes before I jumped on the bed. Alex smiled down at me before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me on him.

"Hi." I breathed out with a smile on my face. Being around Alexander makes me feel so happy. He's the one person who won't betray me like my parents and ex. Hence why we're getting married. True love never dies.

Alex's smile grew as he kissed my lips. "So damn beautiful." He kissed me once again. "That's why I'm making you officially mine."

I woke up the next morning in bed alone. I forced myself out of the bed and made my way towards the bathroom. While doing so, my eyes landed on a piece of paper on the wooden desk. I picked up the paper and smiled once I saw Alex's handwriting.

Good morning fiancé. You're probably wondering where I am.. Don't worry about it. Just know I'm getting ready to see you tonight at six.

I didn't know what you really wanted so I left you a chocolate muffin and apple juice. I know you like apple juice instead of orange. Remember that whole argument we had over which one is better? (Orange is better.)

An uber should be picking you up at 5:30. Don't move slow.. Be pretty, as always. See you tonight Majesty.

- Alexander.

A smile appeared on my face as I noticed the muffin and juice. Thank God the apple juice isn't a juice box. McDonald's seem to think only little kids drink apple juice. They'll give orange juice in a medium cup, but the apple juice comes in a little juice box. That's so disrespectful.

"I swear I love him." I moaned as I bit into the chocolate muffin.

Once my muffin and apple juice were sadly gone, I began to brush my teeth and wash my face. Since I would just be going to a few shops I threw on baggy jeans, a sports bra and a large black jacket over it.

90s fashion will forever be missed.

Well, black 90s fashion anyway. The white people... their clothing was a giant no.

A bell chimed as I walked in a small boutique that isn't too far from the hotel. Everything in here seems so expensive, but it's alright I suppose. Alex gave me his debit card for everything that I would need today.

Two white workers were currently helping shoppers, so that left one more employee. She's also white. She cautiously watched every move I took. I tried to brush it off, but people staring at me is my biggest pet peeve.

I held up a black dress that had the back cut off. The dress is beautiful.

"That's $500." The white woman remarked. "I don't think anything in here is in your budget."

I cocked an eyebrow and became face to face with her.

God please calm me down.

"Excuse me?" I laughed. "You don't know me nor where I work. How is nothing here in my budget but you're working here and wearing clothes from Forever 21 with the tag still on it?"

Her mouth dropped as she tried to cover the tag that's obviously hanging from her shirt. I dropped the dress on the floor and waved the gold debit card in my hand. As I left the shop and walked past the window, I saw another woman yelling at her. The girl looked as if she were going to cry. A laugh left my lips as I moved on to the next store.

It took two hours for me to find a dress I love. It isn't the traditional white, wedding dress but this isn't the traditional wedding either.

I managed to eat a bowl of fruit and press my hair at the same time. Putting heat on my hair is something I rarely do. I rather leave it natural. Gina always said I leave if natural because I'm too lazy to do something to it. Truth is, I leave it natural because I actually appreciate the hair God gave me. The hair our ancestors would've loved to keep in the 50s and 60s. Of course the whites somehow convinced them that natural hair is a no, and conking your hair is a yes.

It's still like that today.

"I can take away the pain if you would only let me. Just forget about the past 'cause I want to make it last. Baby, I apologize cause, boy, I really need you in my life!" I used the can of oil sheen as a microphone as Faith Evans blasted through the speakers of the tv. "Soon as I get hoooome I'll make it up to you! Baby, I'll do what I gotta do."

I closed my eyes and held my hands up dramatically. "Mmm, sing it Faith!"

Cough after cough left my mouth as I accidentally sprayed the oil sheen in my face. I waved my hand in my face, attempting to clear the air.

"God help me."

I stepped out of the uber with the driver right beside me. "Right this way. Your lovely fiancé is waiting."

I nodded and followed her inside the chapel. She stopped in front of the closed doors to the actual room where we would be getting married. She asked me if I wanted a veil or anything, but I denied it.

It's not too late to run..

"Jesus Christ Majesty. You love him." I muttered to myself.

"Are you ready?"

"I think so."

She pushed the double doors opened, revealing Alex and the guy who would be merging us together. Alex took his sunglasses off and stuffed them in his pocket. His eyes locked with mine as he wore a smile on his face.

He looks so damn fine..

I glanced at the minister, who's a black man that looks to be in his 30s. If we did this in Vegas I'm sure the minister would be Elvis. Thank God Alex isn't basic and chose somewhere romantic.

"Alexander Turner and Majesty Collins, today you celebrate one of life's greatest moments and give recognition to the worth and beauty of love, as you join together in vows of marriage." The minister spoke.

"If you wish to exchange rings, please do so as you recite your vows."

"We will." Alex spoke up as he reached in his pocket.

My eyes widened as I saw the ring he held between his thumb and index finger.

He held my hand and gave his attention to the minister.

"Alexander, repeat after me. With this ring, I thee wed."

"With this ring I thee wed."

"I, Alexander Turner, take thee, Majesty Collins to be my wife."

"I, Alexander Turner, take thee, Majesty Collins to be my wife." He repeated with a small grin on his face.

"To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, I promise my love to you."

He slid the ring on my finger and let out a breath he must've been holding in. I admired the ring for a short moment before the minister began talking again.

"Majesty, may you repeat after me."

I grabbed the ring I bought for Alex with my own money from my clutch.

"With this ring, I thee wed."

"With this ring I thee wed."

"I, Majesty Collins, take thee, Alexander Turner to be my husband."

"To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer, I promise my love to you."

I slid the all diamond ring on his finger.

"Alexander and Majesty, just as two very different threads woven in opposite directions can form a beautiful tapestry, so can your two lives merge together to form a very beautiful marriage. To make your marriage work will take love. Love should be the core of your marriage, love is the reason you are here. But it also will take trust - to know in your hearts you want the best for each other. It will take dedication - to stay open to one another; to learn and to grow together even when this is not always so easy to do. It will take faith - to always be willing to go forward to tomorrow, never really knowing what tomorrow will bring. And it will take commitment - to hold true to the journey you both now pledge to share together."

Alex smiled at me and squeezed my hand.

"Alexander, do you take Majesty to be your wife? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect her, forsaking all others and holding only unto her?"

Looking at our hands, Alex nodded before meeting my eyes. "I do."

"Majesty, do you take Alexander to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish and protect him, forsaking all others and holding only unto him?"

"I-I do."

"Alexander and Majesty, in so much as the two of you have agreed to live together in Matrimony, have promised your love for each other by these vows, I now declare you to be Husband and Wife. Congratulations you may now kiss your bride."

Alex grabbed me by my face, bringing me closer to him. He pressed his lips against mine, and I felt the spark. The spark I always feel when I kiss him. I felt as if I were under a spell. With each kiss, I was falling harder for him.

"It's my absolute honor to be the first to congratulate you two, Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Princeton Turner."

I laughed in disbelief as mine and Alex's eyes met.

"You're my husband."

Alex chuckled and pulled me closer to him. "And you're my wife."

• • •

Mr. and Mrs. Turner. 🤗

This's Ford for the person who asked. He's a St. Bernard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

871K 38.7K 49
My Works #1| I know I've said this before, but opposites attract. We try and run away but end up running back. Cover By: MissMakeOverMyCover
3.3M 120K 61
πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ πš‚π™°π™»πš…π™°π™Άπ™΄, πšˆπ™Ύπš„'πšπ™΄ π™Όπšˆ 𝙱𝙰𝙻𝙰𝙽𝙲𝙴
47.3K 1.1K 24
Chacidity is different from most girls from the hood. She ain't as naive and she is school smart. Chacidity meets up with True a well known DrugKing...
3.7M 129K 68
I was a boy when I met her and loving her taught me how to be a man. ** This book features MATURE THEMES including violence, strong language, sexual...