Rejected

By LifeAsIknowIt

“I, Eryn Jay, accept your rejection William Camp” I watched as his body dropped to the ground. His hands sho... More

Authors Note: Read before starting Rejected.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
EPILOGUE
Authors note

Chapter 20

18.5K 576 40
By LifeAsIknowIt

Again : Just assume that every chapter is unedited- which it is 

When the story is completed I will go through and edit each chapter :) 

Enjoy... Comment? Vote? Fan?

LifeAsIKnowIt~

CHAPTER 20

Changing into my clothes I watched as Will and Blake stomped back and forth along the border. They were both trying so hard to fight the command but I knew it was a losing battle. Stepping out from behind the tree’s I crouched down by Blake. His white fur danced along my hand.

“I’m so sorry, please don’t be mad but I have to do this… I love you”

He whined and nudged my shoulder… he was definitely mad.  Sighing I gave him a kiss on his muzzle, looking into his sad green eyes I backed up so my foot went just over the border. He was growling; his head swinging back and forth. Reluctantly he turned around and ran to the pack house; following the alpha command. I walked back on the border towards Will; he was sitting so still but I could see the inner battle in his eyes. His wolf was huge; midnight black, much like mine. Crouching down beside him I scratched his ear. His muzzle nudged my head. Letting my mind barrier fall I leaned into him.

You don’t have to do this babygirl

I know… but I want to Will

My hands came up and scratched his ears again

No baby – Eryn... just stay… please just stay where it’s safe! 

He stood up and growled walking back and forth again. He stopped in front of me and put his huge paw on my leg.

I promise if you stay I’ll send Leanne out of the pack… hell ill even leave you and Blake alone please just please stay with me… where we know it’s safe

I smiled at him giving him a small kiss to the side of his muzzle. Standing up he started to growl, he tried to block my path but the alpha command was strong – he wouldn’t be able to fight it much longer. I crossed the line that separates the pack lands; grabbing my back pack I turned to look at Will, he was growling and shaking his head.

Er – Eryn I love you

I started walking towards the road; blowing him a kiss as my barrier came back up. Howls echoed across the tree’s, Will and Blake were back at the pack house. Slinging my bag higher on my shoulder I started walking along the road.

Bug… I forgot to tell you

My uncles voice boomed in my head making me jump, didn’t I put my barrier bac-

“Rosie!”

Yes uncle?

Walk to the gas station… your car is parked there

My steps faltered… my grand am? I started running – I haven’t driven my Betsy in so long! Stopping at the top of the hill I spied the tall sign flashing FasGas – I took off in a sprint and didn’t stop until I hit the car door. My baby!

“It’s just a Pontiac Eryn”

Rolling my eyes I jumped in the driver seat- my keys were in the ignition.

“He’s lucky nobody stole it!”

“… Nobody would steal a Grand Am Eryn… “

Starting it up I turned on my stereo- my bass pumping with the music. Letting the sunroof open I pulled out on the road heading towards Brantford.

“Now if I were a hunter where would I go?”

Driving around Brantford I realized I probably should have made a plan.

“Rosie… What do you think?”

Go to the bar”

Looking at my watch I grimaced- it was midnight. Everyone in a bar would probably be wasted by now. Looking down at my clothes I cringed again… I was asking for attention, why did I wear this shirt again?

Sighing I pulled into the parking lot at the first bar I seen. Scanning across the parking lot I was relieved to see it wasn’t very busy. Jumping out of the car I scanned the paperwork on Nolan one more time… it would help if there was a picture so I knew who to look for. I had a sinking feeling in my stomach, maybe I shouldn’t have jumped the gun to come here? I could have at least brought somebody with me as back up?

“We are fine alone; less noticeable… besides wouldn’t want you falling in love with yet another man”

“Fuck off Rosie I only love Blake. You really think right now is the best time to get into this?”

“No… but it took your mind off what’s at hand didn’t it? We are strong; we worked our asses off to be where we are today. Now start strutting into that bar and act like you own this fucking town.”

Smiling I shut the car door, patting my jean pocket to make sure some cash was still there. The door was quiet heavy- too heavy for a human girl to push open without some grunts and groans.

When I finally got the door open I dusted my pants off, bending back up I realized most eyes were one me.

“Strut, act confident… we own this town Eryn”

Smirking at some of the boys I walked to the bar and sat on the stool. Immediately the stale alcohol stench hit my nose; it took everything I had not to start dry heaving.

“Rum and coke- neat”

The bartender raised his brows but gave me a stiff nod.  Glancing around the bar it seems this was a popular hangout for the town drunks.

I don’t think we will find Nolan here”

“You aren’t from around here”

When I was sure Nolan wasn’t lurking around in the shadows I turned back to the bartender. He was young-ish. Probably 26 - 27, his brown hair was done in the messy I didn’t do it but I secretly did way. His hazel eyes bore into mine, I realized I forgot to answer his question.

“No just driving through… looking for a … friend

Grabbing my rum & coke I took a long drink

“Rosie, I don’t know how they make it so good and sell it so cheap”

Focus Eryn”

Looking back at the bartender I lifted my cup up as a salute.

“Thanks”

“No problem… So what’s your friend name maybe I can help you out?”

Scanning him over he didn’t seem dangerous, but I suppose you can never be too careful.

“Nolan… Nolan Billings”

His eyes showed recognition but his face gave nothing away.

“How do you know Nolan?”

My eyes narrowed at him

“Don’t really, just interested in speaking to him… How do you know Nolan?”

His face mirrored mine; I brought my drink up to my lips taking a drink- I never broke eye contact.

His hand shot out “My names Joel”

Grasping his hand in mine I nodded

“Eryn”

I tried to remove my hand but he tightened his grasp- if I was human it probably would have hurt.

His face leaned in close to mine; cocking my head to the side I gave him a silent what the hell look. When we were nose to nose he whispered

“You hunt?”

What kind of question was that? Now I am not a hunter but I’m sure you can’t just come out and ask people if they hunt. Is there not some unspoken rule or something?

I didn’t bother to whisper back to him

“Why do you think I’m looking for Nolan?”

I quickly removed my hand out of his; grabbing my drink I slammed the rest back. Standing up I looked back at Joel, he was standing in the same spot staring at me.

“Well it’s been real… it’s been fun… but it hasn’t been really fun Joel. Tell Nolan I’m looking for him”

Turning around I smiled…

3…

2…

1…

“Wait! Come sit back down… next drink is on the house; I’ll go make a phone call”

Smirking to myself I turned around and sat back down on the bar stool

“Fine… but after this drink I’m leaving. I have things to do”

You are a good actress Eryn”

Joel handed me a silver cup instead of the glass one I was using. I looked down at it and back up to him

He shrugged his shoulders and smirked “All the glass is dirty… you don’t mind… do you?”

I made sure to smile a sweet smile and laugh at him

“Rosie… What do I do?”

“Drink love…pick up the cup and drink it”

“It’s silver Rosie… it’s going to burn me!”

“If you can handle rejection you can handle a little burn. It’s a test Eryn”

Smiling up at Joel I went to grab the cup; but just before my fingers touched I stopped.

“Bigger cup means double shot right?”

He nodded

“Excellent” Before my nerve was lost I grabbed the cup; held it up and saluted him as a thanks. Bringing the cup to my mouth I tried not to rush it. My hand was on fire, it felt like I was touching a burning flame. As the cup hit my lips I wanted to cry out, but choked the sob back down.  I welcomed the burning sensation of the alcohol with open arms, please numb me please. I realized – too late- that I was focusing so much attention on the pain that I didn’t realize it was vodka. I hated vodka. Pulling the cup away I glared at Joel.

“Your job so hard you can’t get a simple order right?”

I ran my tongue across my lip; thankful it was pretty dark in the bar. My lip was almost healed.

His eyes narrowed at mine again before I pushed the cup to him across the bar. My hand was throbbing, I clenched my fist.

“I drink rum shithead. Now phone Nolan, I’m tired of wasting my time in this dive”

He glared at me but did as I asked. I snuck a peak at my hand- it was almost healed, throbbing like a dull head ache. A glass slamming down in front of me made me jump; Joel pushed tit towards me.

“Well… that’s got to be the fastest dishwasher there ever was”

He was about to reply when the door slammed open. Looking over my shoulder I stood up, I don’t know how I knew… but this was Nolan. His hair was blonde and wavy; he walked like he was important. His shoulders were broad; he carried himself well. His eyes roamed my body, I instantly felt self-conscious with my wardrobe choice. He wore washed out jeans with a tight wife beater- leaving nothing to the imagination. I could clearly see his very well defined stomach; I had the urge to touch it but quickly shook the thought away.

What is it with big burly men and muscles?

Looking up his blue eyes held me captive. They were the color of the sky on summer afternoon, he was beautiful… too bad he hates my kind… him and Kelsey would look great together.

“I love him”

“He murders our kind Rosie”

“I love him”

I smirked at him, and sat back down on my bar stool. This will be an interesting night. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 783 36
"We were holding hands and walking along the pier. Alec loved the peir and so do i. I wish I could bring Holland She loves it here. I cringed and pus...
803 62 22
"Madison?" I say through my tears. I touch her face. Even though we weren't together, I still loved her. I was planning to ask her out, but I guess t...
25 0 1
"Did you really start drooling when Haz showed you a picture of me?" Liam's laughing before he can get the whole sentence out, and Zayn throws her he...
628 66 30
"BET! Now leave me alone and don't ever talk to me again!" I say with hot tears running down my face as I slam the car door shut. Kameron walks out t...