Royal Blood (Book I)

By 4evahannah

[WINNER OF BEST HISTORICAL FICTION STORY IN THE FICTION AWARDS] There is a story that has been whispered into... More

IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ
How to kill a King
Prelude
1. The Lost Princess
2. Familiar Intruders
4. First Interaction
5. Kindness
6. Blessings
7. Ignite
8. Duty
9. Intoxicated
10. New Faces
11. Misled Admiration
12. A Gentleman
13. Innocent Intentions
14. Disaster
15. Lessons In Lust
16. Torn Apart
17. Swallow my sins
18. Princess
19. Amour
20. Bittersweet
21. The Fallen Crown
22. Spiral
23. Defiance
24. Out of Depth
25. Conceal to Reveal
26. Precious
27. Hoodwink
28. All the Kings Horses
29. Sealed Fate
30. Ghosts
31. Kings and Queens
32. Hearts on Fire
33. For Eternity
34. Wedding March
35. Beauty and The Beast
36. Impending Fate
37. Burn
38. The Deep End
39. Precious Proposals (Part I)
39. Precious Proposals (Part II)
39. Precious Proposals (Part III)
40. Declaration
41. Party Preparation
42. The Green Eyed Angel
43. The Green Eyed Devil
44. Of Royal Blood
45. To Cherish
46. Bound by Love
A Message From The Author
Additional Scene - Ravish
Additional Scene - Petals
Additional Scene - Little Bump
Additional Scene - Incurably Happy

3. Rules and Royalty

725K 22.7K 2.8K
By 4evahannah

CHAPTER THREE – RULES AND ROYALTY

The Great Woods, London.

The next morning.

"Lady Georgiana don't ride too far ahead, we have strict orders to keep you safe, my lady."

With her long cape flowing elegantly behind her, Lady Georgiana ignored the shouts from her guards and forced her horse to gallop faster.

This was her favourite time in the day and she wasn't about to let the stupid guards get in her way.

You see, ever since the slaughter of their neighbouring royal family The King and Queen of Scotland, Georgiana's father - the King of England, had become a nervous wreck. He feared for the safety of his children and wife but also the safety of his people.

The attack on the Scottish royal family had been a shock and there was nothing he could do to help his dear friends and he regretted it for all that he was worth. The King and Queen were the only people the royal family of England had told about their baby girl and word quickly spread across the country that the Princess had escaped the castle somehow and was now in hiding.

Georgiana had only been two at the time and she could see that her parents were scared. Luckily her older brother, Alexander, helped look after her during the tense time. Whilst their mother and father were busy discussing the situation, Alexander had taken care of her daily needs even though they had servants and maids that were more than willing to help.

At only the age of five, Alexander had been forced to grow up early and care for his younger sister. He became determined to ensure she grew up happy like he had even if the times they lived in drew darker as the days went on.

When no anticipated attack happened on the Scotland castle, it took the King and Queen a while to recover from the terrifying fear.

Two years past and the Queen found herself pregnant with their third child. Upon the arrival of her baby girl, the Queen found herself mourning for the death of her most beloved friend, the late Queen Elizabeth. It was on her sweat covered bed, cradling her newest daughter that she decided to name her after her friend.

"What a beautiful idea my love, Princess Elizabeth sounds wonderful?" King William said pressing a light kiss on the new-born's forehead.

"Mama can we see her yet?" Little Georgiana sung as she skipped into the room followed closely by her older brother.

"Georgiana, I said not to let go of my hand!" A cross Alexander said as he came stomping into the room.

Georgiana giggled and ran around the large bed with Alexander chasing after her.

"Children please, you'll make your mother dizzy!" the King said firmly, his eyes following Alexander.

Alexander stopped abruptly and bowed his head, "Sorry father"

"You should be boy; do you not care for your mother's health at all?"

Georgiana had stopped her giggling and was looking at her father in fear.

"We're sorry father," she apologised timidly.

Her father turned and snapped at her, "Speak when spoken to young lady, have your maids not taught you anything!" His harsh tone had little Georgiana cowering back in fear, a few tears slipped down onto her cheeks.

"I don't have time for this; I have business to take care of." With that the impatient King stormed out of the bed chamber.

"Come up onto the bed children," the soothing voice of their mother filled their ears, "there's someone I'd like you to meet."

Brushing away her tears, Georgiana gripped onto the bed sheets and tried to pull herself up but her tiny arms were too weak. Alexander's gaze was still on the door where his father had stormed out of.

"Alex," Georgiana whined, "help me, please".

Alexander hurried forward and wrapped his arms around his sister's legs and pushed her up. She scurried onto the bed and turned around to see him jump up and pull himself onto the bed beside her.

Together they crawled over to where their mother sat, propped up with a dozen pillows, a tiny bundle of sheets gathered in her arms.

Georgiana squealed in delight "Do I have a sister mama? Or do I now have another brother? Please please please can it be a sister!" she added smiling brightly at her mother's tired face.

"You have a baby sister my darlings, her name is Elizabeth."

Georgiana let out another squeal of delight and Alexander's smile lit up the room.

Queen Clarissa silenced their squeals and giggles by placing a finger to her lips, "We wouldn't want to wake her now would we?"

Both children shook their heads and leaned in closer to have a look at their new baby sister.

"Why is she all red and wrinkly Mama?" Georgiana asked, a giggle slipping out of her lips.

"She's just been born darling, she's very new."

"She's so small," Alexander whispered, brushing his hand against Elizabeth's small fingers. She stirred in her sleep slightly and her little fingers grasped themselves around Alexander's finger.

"Mama look!" Alex exclaimed as he stared at the tiny finger in awe.

"She likes you Alex," His mother said sleepily.

As their mother drifted off into a peaceful sleep, both Alexander and Georgiana snuggled up closer to watch their new baby sister sleep effortlessly.

"I'm sorry about father Georgiana," Alexander whispered after a few minutes of silence.

"It's not your fault Alex, that's just the way he is," She whispered back to him reaching out her hand.

Alex took it and squeezed it gently "I won't ever let him hurt you Gee, I promise, the same goes for Elizabeth as well. I'll protect you both and mother too."

"I wish I could promise you the same thing Alex." Georgiana added quietly.

"My lady please slow down, we have strict instructions for you not to go too far into the woods. They're dangerous!" Georgiana ignored the guards and rode further into the woods.

She found it exhilarated to be amongst the nature, riding in and out of the woodland rather than being cooped up in the castle all day with her father at her throat.

"Oh my goodness!" Georgiana slowed her horse to a walk, "Guards quickly!" She shouted as she dismounted her horse.

With the heavy sounds of galloping horses behind her, Georgiana silently approached the body that was curled up into a ball against a fallen tree.

"Hello?" she said, her voice wavering slightly in unknown fear.

When there came no answer she took a step forward.

Had this person been out here all night?

"Can you hear me?" Georgiana asked, kneeling down by the body.

The person's face was hidden behind a large hooded cloak; Georgiana carefully lifted the cloak away from their face.

Underneath was a girl maybe a year younger than Georgiana herself. The girl had long, blonde hair that fell in soft ringlets. Her eyes were clenched shut and her faint eyelashes brushed her cheeks.

A sudden cold breeze caused the girl to wake and jump back in fright when she saw Georgiana knelt before her.

"I'm sorry; I don't mean to scare you. I'm Georgiana, what's your name?" The girl looked up at her with bright green irises, brighter than any emerald she'd ever seen.

"I-I'm" The girl stuttered, unable to form a sentence because of the cold winter breeze.

"My Lady! Please step away she could be dangerous!" Lady Georgiana's guards had finally caught up with her.

The blonde girl began to shake her head "I'm- I'm not dangerous...I p-promise."

Georgiana brushed back a few loose curls that had fallen onto the girl's pale face "I know you're not."

"Guards, help her onto a horse, we must take her back to the castle immediately." Georgiana instructed, standing up to undo her cape.

"Here put this on, it'll help you keep warm." She said handing the blue cape to the shivering girl who wrapped it around her body and repeatedly thanked her.

The guards helped the girl onto a horse and they set off back to the castle. On their journey back, one of the guards noticed the girl had grown paler.

"My Lady, she is unwell."

Lady Georgiana halted and quickly dismounted her horse before hurrying over to the girl.

"Quickly get her off the horse!" The guards helped lay the girl onto the soft grass.

"What is your name?" Georgiana asked softly as she tried to sooth the girl whose breathing had rapidly increased.

"Rose-Rosalie" she whimpered softly.

Before Georgiana could ask her anymore questions the girl fell back into her arms as exhaustion took over her body for the second time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

82.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
231K 6.5K 28
Rankings: 1st in Short stories. 2nd in Princess. 2nd in Billionaire. 28th in Fairytale. 96th in Queens. 153rd in Kings. ×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×-×...
16.6K 464 16
Lorraine, a beautiful princess from the kingdom of Bondoc, has been locked away in a tower-guarded by a terrifying dragon-for years. She waited in th...
8.4M 404K 46
I was sure the worst thing to ever happen to me would be being kidnapped, and sure, that was pretty bad. However, what was worse was being kidnapped...